Photo

Far Cry 4

296 replies to this topic
sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (JesseHope40 @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 05:58)
QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 07:19)
Jumping the gun a little here are we?

It is a mention of they will make another not that it exists. We don't even have a screenshot yet.

Personally aside from the awesome gameplay, the story of FC3 sucked anus, hated all those characters and it made no sense at the end, most stupid sh*t I have ever seen.

I would much prefer to hear news of:

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon 2: Vietnam War 2

I want to get me some cyborg vietcong scum.

I liked Far Cry 3, but I LOVED Blood Dragon. Obviously the length was not that of Far Cry 3, but to me it was far more entertaining. The story in BD is rediculous, but fantastic. The bit at the end with the dragon was beyond hilarious and fun to play. The Super Nintendo style graphics for the cut scenes were a very nice touch as well as all the nods to 80's and 90's music, movies and such. That was the best $15 I've ever spent on a game.

Yeah, it's my favorite stand-alone expansion since Red Dead's Undead Nightmare.
Totally would be okay if it spawned a separate Far Cry series. Especially if there's a full retail game with all-new assets.
  • Daz likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013
    Best Debater 2012
    Best Debater 2011

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

People need to remember it was considerably more than 2 years since the first initial announcements of FC3 (August 2010) and the actual release date (November/December 2012). If the same kind of development cycle is in place, we're talking a November 2014-January 2015 release date,

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 21:36)
People need to remember it was considerably more than 2 years since the first initial announcements of FC3 (August 2010) and the actual release date (November/December 2012). If the same kind of development cycle is in place, we're talking a November 2014-January 2015 release date,

If they don't delay it, that is. But you also have to bare in mind that development for next generation consoles is to be significantly faster than for current generation. So 2 years could very easily be 1.5 years if not less.

Moving on to the game itself - I hope they up the anty on the survival aspect, making it a neccesity rather than a choice.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

I'm pretty sure they have the models and things done already.

Bobbin100
  • Bobbin100

I like trains. Do you?

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

Let the milking begin!

http://m.joystiq.com...-regular-basis/

Honestly, quality>quantity monocle.gif
  • ROCKGTASTAR likes this

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 23:34)
How do they do it? How do they make so many games in such a short amount of time?

Multiple studios working on the same title I guess.

Or three teams from the same studio.
Assassin's Creed IV was in development in the same time as III.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Updated the OP.

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

I personally think a zombie themed Far Cry would be interesting.

In a way, it would be like an improved Dead Island: Riptide. Tropical themes and zombies can create a unique experience. The sunny, tropical theme takes away from the scariness, while the zombies still create tension in the player.

Just my two cents.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Original Light @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 13:41)
I personally think a zombie themed Far Cry would be interesting.

In a way, it would be like an improved Dead Island: Riptide. Tropical themes and zombies can create a unique experience. The sunny, tropical theme takes away from the scariness, while the zombies still create tension in the player.

Just my two cents.

Perhaps it could work as a sort of optional gamemode, but for it to actually be the main game, nah I don't think it's worth sacrificing the story the game can tell for that. I mean, had they gone with zombies over Vaas for Far Cry 3 I think we'd have all been pissed.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

I've updated the OP to the layout that it will stay as from today, It looks neater with the tables and eventually i'll be able to add in the cover art, links to pre-orders, links to screenshots and trailers but for now what's in the OP is all we have. Thanks for following the thread guys icon14.gif

RockstarGamerSince97
  • RockstarGamerSince97

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:13 AM

I have a feeling it's going to be based in a city this time.

And I want a story involving a much more less experienced Vaas but more psychotic, seeing how easily you got rid of him in FC3 whatsthat.gif I have a feeling we got rid of him easily for a reason, or he planned it.

I just bought FC3 last week and it's one of the best FPS open world games I've ever played, if not THE best.

eight nine
  • eight nine

trolololling the trolls

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

Farcry 2 was god tier. Farcry 3 was completely f*cking awful. They replaced a non existent story for a crap story. They replaced hardcore gameplay with garbage machanics and the same crafting sh*t from assassins creed 3.
I'm so tired of Ubisoft. They ruined ghost recon, assassins creed and farcry.
  • ROCKGTASTAR likes this

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (eight nine @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 22:56)
They replaced hardcore gameplay with garbage machanics and the same crafting sh*t from assassins creed 3.

Story is kind of subjective but I have to call bs on this statement.

There weren't garbage mechanics in FC2? Like the completely stupid checkpoints which would literally respawn all the f*cking time, so you clear out an outpost and then two minutes later they're all back. Or how enemies driving cars would immediately try to ram you off the road at a seconds notice without even knowing who's behind the wheel. Enemy AI was simply poor, compared to FC3, where you could lose the line of sight from enemies and turn it into a game of cat and mouse as you sneak behind bushes and pounce on them one by one

Don't even get me started on the completely BROKEN stealth mechanics, where you could stab a soldier silently with a knife at the middle of night behind a bush and an enemy soldier 500 metres away could instantly detect EXACTLY where you are and start shooting at you, as well as everyone else in the base. FC2 has no stealth. The "stealth suit" purchase literally did nothing and if it did for you, I'd like to know what version you played. FC3 on the otherhand made stealth A) not broken and actually able to play through the game using stealth combat B) rewarding, as you got an XP bonus C) strategic and calculating, causing you to think through how to take down this base perfectly without getting detected using the variety of skills and techniques you've trained yourself with.

And what's bad about upgradable weapons and abilities? Doesn't that just add more playability and length and strategy to the game instead of the just boring, flat style of FC2 where everything was basically the same? You want features taken out of the game? Crafting was handled way better than AC3 anyway, here it was simple and rewarding, not to mention option if you didn't want to do it.

FC3 stealth and gameplay was intuitive and required both strategic planning and quick reaction times and was a far more pleasing experience than the brown, boring slog that was FC2.

Vaas > The Jackal
  • Dbns_Finest likes this

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

I don't think we'll see Far Cry 4 till at least 2015. I honestly thought Far Cry 3 was overrated. It was a good game but not great, it had a lot of flaws and all I wanna do is go exploring and take out outposts. I want to beat the game so I can reset them, I am halfway through, but that story line is a pain to go through after the fun missions for the annoying asshole Buck. Though the mission where you kill Vaas was cool.
  • ROCKGTASTAR likes this

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (fridaynightscream @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 06:34)
I don't think we'll see Far Cry 4 till at least 2015. I honestly thought Far Cry 3 was overrated. It was a good game but not great, it had a lot of flaws and all I wanna do is go exploring and take out outposts. I want to beat the game so I can reset them, I am halfway through, but that story line is a pain to go through after the fun missions for the annoying asshole Buck. Though the mission where you kill Vaas was cool.

I think Far Cry 3 is a great game. It can use a bit more replayability, but it's pretty good nonetheless. However, the reason why it got so much praise is probably because 2012 was a pretty disappointing year in gaming (at least in terms of high budget games, not sure about indies). So, Far Cry 3 really didn't have much competition for GOTY awards, and thus it's regarded as one of the best games of 2012. If it were to be released this year, then it would have been almost completely overshadowed by monster titles like GTA V and The Last of Us.

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 20:49)
QUOTE (Hameer @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 21:27)
And the milking begins.

Right, so the best, most engrossing FPS since about 2004, not to mention the third in a highly rated series, which won numerous accolades and sold a great deal more copies than expected, and producing a sequel is "milking"? Yeah, I don't think so.

As for "too soon", I think that's a subjective thing. There's no particular reason games need to spend 5-6 years in development. The Bioshock and Battlefield series have had relatively short development cycles and they're produced numerous absolutely outstanding titles.

Please try stand up for Call of Duty sir, I dare you.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013
    Best Debater 2012
    Best Debater 2011

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 20:13)
Please try stand up for Call of Duty sir, I dare you.

I'm not going to stand up for CoD because their titles aren't worthy of standing up for. If you want to make an actual point instead of responding to a nigh-on month-old comment with something totally irrelevant, then please go ahead.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

I would start a new Far Cry thread but this one is suitable.

I am really looking forward to FC4.

FC3 was epic, the first cutscene, the ending... Thats something I'll never forget. 

What about FC1 trailer? Brings back some memories...

I'd love to see Jack Carver in FC4, they should do something like a HD continuation from the first game..

..what do you guys think?

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:09 AM

What a way to get someone excited with a bump, dick. :(
  • trip and Lazyboy. like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Buy an old drop top and find a place to pimp.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:41 AM

The only question I have is what kind fo setting would the game be in? Im not sure if I can see another island setting.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:15 AM Edited by gnad.1992, 24 February 2014 - 01:15 AM.

The only question I have is what kind fo setting would the game be in? Im not sure if I can see another island setting.

I would like the island setting again, I'd love to see a sequel to FC1 story. Jack Carver. That would be awesome

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:29 AM

There's rumors of it being set in the Himalayas.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

The rumor is, that its basicly Far Cry 3 in the Himalayas. 

Would be a letdown but not surprising. Pushing out an Open World Game that quickly isnt good at all. Especially for Ubisoft which dont have that good reputation.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Buy an old drop top and find a place to pimp.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

There's rumors of it being set in the Himalayas.

I actually thought of that as a possibility a few years ago even before FC3 was released. I guess it would be pretty cool for use if the winsguit and stuff. 

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:09 PM Edited by OurJud, 24 February 2014 - 07:21 PM.

I really enjoyed Far Cry 3.

Me too, but it could have been a nigh on perfect open-world FPS if only they'd included an option to switch off the HUD.

The most ridiculous aspect of this is that so many people were pleading for a HUD off option that Ubi released a patch which included these options, except they didn't include one for the damn map.... "OK OK we'll give you HUD off options, except you won't actually be able to turn the HUD off."

Yeah, nice one, Ubi!

I'm praying they'll take note of how many people wanted the abilty to turn off all HUD for 3 and make it a priority for 4. If they also include an option to holster your weapons it will be FPS heaven!!

All I want is this on console - is it really too much to ask?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:26 PM Edited by iNero, 21 March 2014 - 02:28 PM.

Himalayas and rideable elephants CONFIRMED!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-20-far-cry-4-set-in-the-himalayas-has-ridable-elephants 

Outposts make a return

Release set for first half of 2015

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:58 PM Edited by AceKingston, 21 March 2014 - 03:00 PM.

I'm an Indian and I can't f*cking wait. :D

Far Cry 3 is still my personal game of the generation along with GTA IV and it is 3rd in my favorite games of all time. One of my best gaming experiences ever. I am super stoked for this.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

I didnt really like Far Cry 3 because it was so repititive. Hopefully they wil fix this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

I didnt really like Far Cry 3 because it was so repititive. Hopefully they wil fix this

The elephant riding already seems promising.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

Sounds exciting! How much could they do though in 2 and a half years?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users