Photo

Investors! are you buying TTWO stock...

36 replies to this topic
polvofiloso
  • polvofiloso

Old Dude

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

Do we have any investors in here? I was wondering how you feel about the prospects for Take Two (TTWO) in light of the upcoming GTAV release. I'm no big time investor, just dabble a little bit. I already owned a few shares of TTWO but when I saw the gameplay video I immediately bought a few more. It's shaping up to be a massive hit, Im thinking it will drive up their stock price a bit.

I know it's mostly kids in here but Im sure there a few more old farts like me here. I've found some analysis info from the financial news sites but I wanted to hear what the real GTA fans who also invest (if there are any) think about it. Sorry it's not specifically game related, mods please move the thres if its off topic here.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

I didn't know they were listed on the BAWSAQ.

Leblanc
  • Leblanc

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

dude this isn't a Nasdaq a forum, there are many many other forums specialized on Stock Exchange, even if you want to trade you shouldn't ask here, when the majority of gtaforum users are below 18 and will respond like this "... i like trains, invest on train companies" ......"i like to fart"

Go snoop around on e-toro, msnbc, and many many other pages related to day trading.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:07 PM Edited by GTA564, 15 July 2013 - 08:13 PM.

If you invest in a share of Rockstar
Buy Now large amount of shares - each passing day you will earn less
lets say if you buy now at a total cost of $ 20,000 - within six months you get back $ 60,000 - $ 40,000 earning

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

i like to fart

Seriously, if you do want to buy stock, buy it quick before it goes up in price.

PretendWereDead
  • PretendWereDead

Street Cat

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (polvofiloso @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 19:59)
Do we have any investors in here? I was wondering how you feel about the prospects for Take Two (TTWO) in light of the upcoming GTAV release. I'm no big time investor, just dabble a little bit. I already owned a few shares of TTWO but when I saw the gameplay video I immediately bought a few more. It's shaping up to be a massive hit, Im thinking it will drive up their stock price a bit.

I know it's mostly kids in here but Im sure there a few more old farts like me here. I've found some analysis info from the financial news sites but I wanted to hear what the real GTA fans who also invest (if there are any) think about it. Sorry it's not specifically game related, mods please move the thres if its off topic here.

Yep! Another 'old fart' here who did buy some shares of TTWO. Since I bought these shares last year (around $10,00) I already have a decent profit but I'm hoping the stock price will hit the $28 dollar like it did with the release of GTA IV.

It's a bit quiet right now, let's see what happens when TTWO reports financial results on July 30th.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:27 PM Edited by Raavi, 15 July 2013 - 08:36 PM.

QUOTE (Leblanc @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 21:05)
dude this isn't a Nasdaq a forum, there are many many other forums specialized on Stock Exchange, even if you want to trade you shouldn't ask here, when the majority of gtaforum users are below 18 and will respond like this "... i like trains, invest on train companies" ......"i like to fart"

Go snoop around on e-toro, msnbc, and many many other pages related to day trading.

You clearly have a poor understanding of GTAForum's demographic. This section in particular is mostly frequented by members ages 18 and up with various educational backgrounds.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

There are a few things to consider:

GTA V is not the sole source of income for Take-Two. They will likely have other projects that might even make a loss - research those. The other thing is, the shareholder value that the sale and release of GTA V will add has already been reflected in the price, since thousands of others have already bought Take-Two stock anticipating the same exact thing, raising its price. As someone who studies finance, I would in general advice against buying stock only because you feel positively about a single project of a company that has almost a dozen other projects (TTWO publishes all the 2K Sports games, XCOM, Civilization and WWE games, for instance) running at any time, even though GTA V will probably make up a much more significant portion of their sales next fiscal year than most of their games.

If you believe (but don't know for sure yet, but believe more strongly than the market does) that Take-Two will come up with awesome, yet unannounced DLC, and that GTA V will be even bigger than anybody anticipated, then I'd say you would in principle be justified in buying more TTWO shares. Still, be prudent, cool-headed, and under no circumstances put all of your eggs in one basket.

What's your investment strategy like in general, polvofiloso? Are you looking to hold shares short-term (1-2 years), and are you looking for a high return? Do you have any other shares?

polvofiloso
  • polvofiloso

Old Dude

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

Thanks nlitement and the other intelligent responders.

I've already bought as much as Im going to buy of TTWO, now Im just going to watch what it does through the GTAV release cycle. Don't worry, I didn't use the mortgage payment on it LOL...this is just in a small "play" fund I use to buy and sell just for fun. My IRA is in safer hands and managed by "professionals" although my little play fund outperforms it, just going off hunches and " things I like". For example I also have some Tesla in there and its been on fire.

I don't have enough invested in TTWO that it will kill me if it crashes or even goes belly-up. Just enough to make it fun to watch. And hopefully enough that all of you guys will be paying for my copy of GTAV smile.gif

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

If you ♥ the $, then prepare to die for it.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

I bought in intervals making my largest buy last summer and have seen wonderful gains. It's my biggest earner right now.

EgyptianStar
  • EgyptianStar

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

I would buy stocks. Definitely a great investment right now. Especially with the release of 2 new consoles soon. The market will expand.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

Yeah, I play stocks every now and then on TD Ameritrade. I would suggest dabbling alittle into TTWO.. I normally dabble in Facebook, Bank of America and some farming stock. I hit pretty large once but I haven't traded in a few months.

With the release coming soon not to mention DLC and everything as well and like Egyptian said, new consoles. Now would be a good time to invest before it's too late.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

TTWO moves too slow and I never really saw it as one of those quick hit stocks.

EgyptianStar
  • EgyptianStar

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

Take-Two Stocks April 11 2008- May 09 2008. Went from 25.00- 27.00 a share. Before GTA IV release. Right now Stocks are trading at $15. 25 a Share

user posted image

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Welsh Boy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Leblanc @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 20:05)

True. But on a serious note. Rockstars shares are going to go up, buy now and sell when GTA V goes on sale. Big investments could see a 1% or more increase. But I'd then use the money to invest in a COD or something coming out a bit later which will make $$$. Personally shares are a waste of time. Unless you have big money to invest and like to take risks and spend a lot of time then go for something else, and I'd put my money on something big like Dow Jones which is up 0.129% in one day. Not a bad quick profit. biggrin.gif

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:31 AM Edited by canttakemyid, 16 July 2013 - 01:33 AM.

QUOTE (richard1997jones @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 16:17)
QUOTE (Leblanc @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 20:05)

True. But on a serious note. Rockstars shares are going to go up, buy now and sell when GTA V goes on sale. Big investments could see a 1% or more increase. But I'd then use the money to invest in a COD or something coming out a bit later which will make $$$. Personally shares are a waste of time. Unless you have big money to invest and like to take risks and spend a lot of time then go for something else, and I'd put my money on something big like Dow Jones which is up 0.129% in one day. Not a bad quick profit. biggrin.gif

R* doesn't have shares. R* is a development company owned by software publisher Take Two Interactive along with 2K. To profit from R*'s games, you must invest in TTWO.

@ all of you saying, "This ain't MSNBC...", keep in mind that this forum is by far the leading information source for GTA related issues in the world. This forum is one of the last places I'd come to for investing advice. But a good investor must have multiple sources and this forum is a great source for V information (the best one at that). V sentiment has dominated TTWO's stock movement for the last 2 years. Anyone who has listened in on the conferences on TTWO's site can tell you that V is R*'s cash cow for this FY. Most of TTWO's investors are institutional investors who don't know a damned thing about GTA on a consumer level. To many of them think TTWO is a risky venture and that's what lead to TTWO being such a discounted stock last summer coming off of weak MP3 sales figures. Most of TTWO's investors are a bunch of middle-aged fund representatives sitting around and hoping this will pay off and V won't flop. Many of them have never played a video game in their life and just judge the numbers.

TTWO has had a monopoly on NBA console games with the NBA2K series in recent years in addition to strong sales through the MLB series, Bioshock, and other titles. V will be even more popular than IV. Only those on this forum who understand the features of the game in detail can confidently say V will out sell IV. That's where the GTAF member advantage comes in. TTWO is such a buy even after the price has nearly doubled since last summer.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:43 AM

The best time to buy TTWO stock was probably last summer, maybe around August if I remember correctly. The stock dropped to about $8-6 per share.

Really wish I had some extra money to invest in stocks back then.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (RiccardoPatrese @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 15:25)
I already have a decent profit but I'm hoping the stock price will hit the $28 dollar like it did with the release of GTA IV.

EVERYBODY READ THIS! It wasn't just GTAIV that made TTWO hit that high price - it was the fact that they were able to resist a buyout/takeover from another company. THAT'S what made it hit that high mark. Do not assume GTAV alone will make the stock price that high again.

Please do some research on TTWO before any of you invest. I'm not saying it's a bad stock, just that the myth of the GTA IV bump to $28 is not entirely true.

Good luck! icon14.gif

PretendWereDead
  • PretendWereDead

Street Cat

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 07:05)
EVERYBODY READ THIS! It wasn't just GTAIV that made TTWO hit that high price - it was the fact that they were able to resist a buyout/takeover from another company. THAT'S what made it hit that high mark. Do not assume GTAV alone will make the stock price that high again.

Please do some research on TTWO before any of you invest. I'm not saying it's a bad stock, just that the myth of the GTA IV bump to $28 is not entirely true.

Good luck! icon14.gif

I said: "I'm hoping". I know wenn I'm going to sell and I don't count on a $28 dollar price (would be nice though ;-) ).

BTW: also after the release of SA the stock price hit the $28 dollar mark so it's not all about a buyout/takeover from another company.

polvofiloso
  • polvofiloso

Old Dude

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

I agree that $28 is probably wishful thinking. I've seen a target price of $21-$22 from a couple of analysts. If it hits that by the end of the year Im happy. I don't know enough about studying P-E and other ratios and stats, to be able to make a scientific judgement. I'm just going on a hunch. Which is fine because this is my "hunch fund", not the rent money LOL...

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:13 PM Edited by DarrinPA, 16 July 2013 - 07:17 PM.

QUOTE (RiccardoPatrese @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 05:36)
QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 07:05)

Good luck!  icon14.gif

I said: "I'm hoping". I know wenn I'm going to sell and I don't count on a $28 dollar price (would be nice though ;-) ).

BTW: also after the release of SA the stock price hit the $28 dollar mark so it's not all about a buyout/takeover from another company.

But there may not have been as many shares of stock back then, thus making every share more valuable.

Again, I'm not just directing this at you, I'm just saying before anybody invests they should do their best to know the history of the stock. Also, I'm not saying it's a bad investment, it's just at a price right now that it's going to be harder to make a large profit from. Audiophile is right; Last summer was the time to buy back when TTWO was screwing with the stock to make themselves more money. Follow the leaders, they know what they're doing.

NikoGTA4
  • NikoGTA4

Ringolo

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

Yep I bought 100 shares back in last September, it was 10.17 a share to be exact. I thought that it would do the same pattern as GTA IV, I usually check TTWO:US every day, it has gone up to 17 recently but now it stagnates at around 15. I really think it's going increase by the release of GTA V.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

^ Good Job! You bought at a decent time.

It appears Take-Two Interactive's next earnings conference call is Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:30 p.m. ET. If the forecasted prices are high you'll see another bump in the stock. Which means if people are going to buy TTWO stock you may want to before the Q1 forecast is released.

PretendWereDead
  • PretendWereDead

Street Cat

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by RiccardoPatrese, 16 July 2013 - 10:00 PM.

QUOTE (NikoGTA4 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 19:18)
Yep I bought 100 shares back in last September, it was 10.17 a share to be exact. I thought that it would do the same pattern as GTA IV, I usually check TTWO:US every day, it has gone up to 17 recently but now it stagnates at around 15. I really think it's going increase by the release of GTA V.

That's about the same I did: I bought xxxx shares in October for $10,50 and a month later another batch for $11,15 which I sold for $14,50 a few months later, I left my profit in shares in my portfolio which gives me a profitability of 100,50% at the current price and a portfolio of xxxx shares.

@DarrinPA

What do you think is the best time to sell? Immediately after release or wait until the next conference call (Q2)?

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:25 PM Edited by canttakemyid, 16 July 2013 - 10:28 PM.

QUOTE (RiccardoPatrese @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 16:11)
QUOTE (NikoGTA4 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 19:18)

That's about the same I did: I bought xxxx shares in October for $10,50 and a month later another batch for $11,15 which I sold for $14,50 a few months later, I left my profit in shares in my portfolio which gives me a profitability of 100,50% at the current price and a portfolio of xxxx shares.

@DarrinPA

What do you think is the best time to sell? Immediately after release or wait until the next conference call (Q2)?

I would definitely sell no earlier than the spring of next year. The under-aged and unemployed fanbase will buy through Christmas as much of the video game market buys over the holiday season. Even without the $28 a share target price, you can make similar profit margins by switching over to call options if you're as confidently long on the stock as us GTA experts (compared to your average person) are. Worst case scenario, V will moderately boost the stock just because of the massive revenue it brings in. That's generally where stock earnings come from to begin with.

Back when all of that fiscal cliff nonsense temporarily held the the market back going into the end of last year, I sold most of my stocks and bought one call option with the profits at around a $10 strike price and pocketed the rest. The option cost around $300 at the time. Now it's around $650 last time I checked. $350 is just the equity in the option itself. Executing the option would be even more profitable because ~50% gains from the cynical $10 a share price last winter is still massively in the money compared to most call options. I usually wouldn't recommend options without extensive research, but from summer 2012-2013, it was the safest speculative bet on the market for anyone who knows the GTA series. I only wish this set of circumstances would've taken place later in life so I could've actually gotten rich from this sort of thing. These gains are rare.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:41 AM

^That's not bad advice. But one concern I have is about the [post] holiday season, considering that new counsoles are about to be released at that time, and Take-Two's lineup of future titles announced to date doesn't include any next gen games. This may all change before the holiday season. But I would just suggest to RiccardoPatrese to keep an eye on it. The revenue generated from V will be high but if other investors don't see a strong future release post-GTAV they are going to sell fast.

PretendWereDead
  • PretendWereDead

Street Cat

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 22:25)
Back when all of that fiscal cliff nonsense temporarily held the the market back going into the end of last year, I sold most of my stocks and bought one call option with the profits at around a $10 strike price and pocketed the rest. The option cost around $300 at the time. Now it's around $650 last time I checked. $350 is just the equity in the option itself. Executing the option would be even more profitable because ~50% gains from the cynical $10 a share price last winter is still massively in the money compared to most call options. I usually wouldn't recommend options without extensive research, but from summer 2012-2013, it was the safest speculative bet on the market for anyone who knows the GTA series. I only wish this set of circumstances would've taken place later in life so I could've actually gotten rich from this sort of thing. These gains are rare.

I don't have any experience with call (and putt) options. Let's say I want to place a call option for $25 dollar in september, is that possible and how much do I gain?

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

proud "conspiracy theorist"

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:18 PM Edited by Stephan123, 17 July 2013 - 05:06 PM.

loss per stock in 2012 was -0.56

expected price-earning ratio for 2013 is 43.91 suicidal.gif (Earnings of Take Two can however strongly vary from one year to another)

https://www.cortalco...D-SHARES-DL--01

So from the very first look this stock is very overpriced. Maybe the whole GTA V sales are already reflected in the stock course.

I don't have any experience with call (and putt) options. Let's say I want to place a call option for $25 dollar in september, is that possible and how much do I gain?

You should rather sell this call option than buying it.

PretendWereDead
  • PretendWereDead

Street Cat

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 14:18)
You should rather sell this call option than buying it.

That is what I meant to say icon14.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (Leblanc @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 15:05)
"... i like trains, invest on train companies"

You motherf*cker, I was gonna say that sneaky2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users