Photo

Rule against Vague Titles

8 replies to this topic
GTAfiveFAN
  • GTAfiveFAN

Take a shot, amigo!

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

Sorry if this suggestion has been denied before, but I think making topics with vague titles should be a lockable offense to the topic. By vague titles I mean titles like "I can't believe no one saw this" or "I found something new!" with nothing in the description to tell users what the topic is about. I know it's not that hard to read the first few words or the OP to figure out what the topic is about, but it's just annoying to me not knowing what to expect when I open a topic. Maybe if the topic is locked the mods can make a message saying "remake the topic with a better title" if the topic is worthwhile.

I am in no way saying that this is the chief concern of the forum, I am just merely suggesting adding a new rule to make the forum a little more organized, particularly the V section. Thanks for your consideration smile.gif

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

Well, while I agree it will be a good idea to stop it, there is no point because when the game release people can write 'Heres what happens in the final mission' vaguely rather than something stupid that spoils it like:
ZOMG CHOP DIES!!!!!

See my point?

GTAfiveFAN
  • GTAfiveFAN

Take a shot, amigo!

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 19:03)
Well, while I agree it will be a good idea to stop it, there is no point because when the game release people can write 'Heres what happens in the final mission' vaguely rather than something stupid that spoils it like:
ZOMG CHOP DIES!!!!!

See my point?

But "Here's what happens in the final mission" is direct, when I click on it I'll expect to read a topic about the final mission. I wouldn't consider that vague, it's pretty straight forward. Hopefully spoiler title topics will be lockable though, I'm going to steer clear of the forums until I beat the story because of that reason

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (GTAfiveFAN @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 19:10)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 19:03)
ZOMG CHOP DIES!!!!!

See my point?

But "Here's what happens in the final mission" is direct, when I click on it I'll expect to read a topic about the final mission. I wouldn't consider that vague, it's pretty straight forward. Hopefully spoiler title topics will be lockable though, I'm going to steer clear of the forums until I beat the story because of that reason

Yeah I see that lol.gif ,Ok then, after V's release another example would be 'I know what happens...' but do you know what the OP is talking about... do you click it not knowing and spoil the game or not...

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

The people who make vague titles won't know about it. Best you PM any mods topics with vague titles (with possibly a better title) I would say. I used to sometimes update topic titles with something more descriptive. So if you see any, try and make it better. icon14.gif

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 19:44)
The people who make vague titles won't know about it. Best you PM any mods topics with vague titles (with possibly a better title) I would say. I used to sometimes update topic titles with something more descriptive. So if you see any, try and make it better. icon14.gif

Hey, why don't we have a system like the Report Post Button where we can Suggest a better title for the thread icon14.gif

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 16:07)
The people who make vague titles won't know about it. Best you PM any mods topics with vague titles (with possibly a better title) I would say. I used to sometimes update topic titles with something more descriptive. So if you see any, try and make it better.  icon14.gif

Hey, why don't we have a system like the Report Post Button where we can Suggest a better title for the thread icon14.gif

You can report the topic for a name change, so there that's really not needed.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Vanzant @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 20:18)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 16:07)
The people who make vague titles won't know about it. Best you PM any mods topics with vague titles (with possibly a better title) I would say. I used to sometimes update topic titles with something more descriptive. So if you see any, try and make it better.  icon14.gif

You can report the topic for a name change, so there that's really not needed.

Fair enough, thanks for pointing that out Vanzant icon14.gif

GTAfiveFAN
  • GTAfiveFAN

Take a shot, amigo!

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

So if we can report the topic to suggest a better name, I guess that's ok with me. Thanks for the responses icon14.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users