Looking for Volunteers! GTAV.pw

24 replies to this topic
Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

Hello guys,

So, after much debate with myself, I decided to do something with GTAV.pw. I am currently looking to launch it on the 1st August, and I will need some help from people, so if you're interested and a fan of GTA, read on smile.gif

So, the idea is it will be a hub for GTAV news, trailers, information, guides and the like. Now, I know you're going to say "hey, GTAV.net will provide this" and that is totally true, but it is always good to have a little variety, right?

So anyway, I am actually looking for content creators and graphic designers. It is a voluntary position, I am not getting paid, you're not getting paid. I don't (and won't) run ads on the site because it would make me a hypocrite for disliking Ads, Ad Revenue would be the only source of income and I won't be adding them. I was thinking people may want to write for the site, or design graphics, simply because they are passionate about the game (like me) and want to be part of something.

So yeah, that's the big paragraph. If you want to volunteer to help out, feel free to post below or send an email to [email protected] and let me know what you want to do. Obviously once the game releases we are going to need some in-depth guides on missions, gameplay, mechanics, cars, various weapons and so on, this would be a massive ask for one person, so a team of people to help out would be amazing.

Thanks for reading, if you have any questions just ask.

PS: here is a little teaser as to what the site looks like, and don't worry, it contains green.. not as much as .net though!

user posted image

PPS: inb4 "just give up" or "sell it", understand this is a passion project and I will not just give up. smile.gif

BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Ill help

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (MMD-stueycow @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 17:52)
Ill help

Awesome! What sort of stuff do you feel your strongest at?

BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Ill pm

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (MMD-stueycow @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 17:57)
Ill pm

Alright icon14.gif

Anyone else interested? Thought there would be more people interested here of all places ahh

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by CallTheCoroner, 15 July 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Nn

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Bumping this to see if anyone is interested

Made significant progress on the site, in a dire need of content to be created though!

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

People use GTAF or GTAV.net as means of news and discussion man. That probably explains your drought of volunteers.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

I'd like to note that with the addition of a countdown on GTAV.net, your site is currently useless. You should seriously consider a more...novel idea than just info&news if you're going to be putting effort into it.

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

To the above, that doesn't change a single thing.

This is much like the Watch_Dogs vs GTAV bullcrap on this forum, people refuse to accept that two things that cover the same stuff can co-exist. We all know GTAV.net will provide content, news and info, but like I have said before, where is the harm in another website also reporting that stuff?

You just need to sit back for a second and see how many gaming websites there are, they all do perfectly fine. I am creating a website that will simply provide a ton of information about Grand Theft Auto V, I will dedicate myself to the site, because in the end.. even if only one person views it and finds it useful, it is still a success.

Seriously though, a thing people on this forum need to remember is two sites of the same genre can and will co-exist.

Facebook
Twitter

IGN
Eurogamer

BBC News
Sky News

YouTube
Vimeo

I am not in competition with GTAV.net either lmao, and before anyone says that is a lie, why would I be? I am not, and never intend on running ads.

Meh, anyway thanks for the interest from people. Hope you all have a nice evening

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

Noone said your site can't exist nor co-exist.. the fact is that most people are loyal to this site and the GTA Network in whole.

Admire you trying to find help but I think your chances are kind of slim here man. Noone meant disrespect so don't dish it out.

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 22:44)
Noone said your site can't exist nor co-exist.. the fact is that most people are loyal to this site and the GTA Network in whole.

Admire you trying to find help but I think your chances are kind of slim here man. Noone meant disrespect so don't dish it out.

I wasn't disrespecting / meant to disrespect anyone either, I have been on this forum for around three years now and trust me, it gets tiresome to see people disregard things if it isn't GTAV.

I was literally pointing out, two sites can exist at once because the vibe I was getting was essentially... give up? It won't be happening, ill go through with the site with or without a team of volunteers, I am sure some people will join along the way to help out with things.

smile.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

Then best of luck, I for one aren't suggesting you give up. I just think it's going to be hard to find people to help you. Again, loyalty to GTAV.net

Have you tried other GTA related sites and ask for help?

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 23:12)
Then best of luck, I for one aren't suggesting you give up. I just think it's going to be hard to find people to help you. Again, loyalty to GTAV.net

Have you tried other GTA related sites and ask for help?

GTANetwork is the biggest and **dare I say it** most mature website. The GTAV-related twitter account I run is 1000-follower strong now, so have had a few people from there apply too.

Thanks anyway smile.gif

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

user posted image

Still looking for volunteers if you're interested smile.gif

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Who's doing your gfx as of now?

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

Best of luck with the site. Way back when in 2004 there were also other popular sites, and I opened my own San Andreas site. Sure, it didn't have as many visitors, but people visited.

Creating a fan site is not a business or "competition" as others like to imply. It's about a love and passion for something. A fan site.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 15:41)
Best of luck with the site. Way back when in 2004 there were also other popular sites, and I opened my own San Andreas site. Sure, it didn't have as many visitors, but people visited.

Creating a fan site is not a business or "competition" as others like to imply. It's about a love and passion for something. A fan site.

Why don't you give him a hand Steweeert?

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 15:41)

Whatever happend to that site? you should of promoted it.

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 15:43)
Who's doing your gfx as of now?

Myself.

Sorry dude in order to get the site open by 30th July I needed the graphics doing a lot quicker, there is still a lot to do however which you can help out with!

Precisely, thank you Adriaan! The one thing I didn't want to happen with the site is it just to fade into obscurity, I am not in competition haha like you say it is purely because I love Grand Theft Auto as a franchise, I love Rockstar and I love developing websites. It is a passion project and I can't wait to see where it goes, thanks for the kind words!

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (ROCKSTAR MANIC @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 18:25)

It was a small fan site for San Andreas to just play around with. The one I had for Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories was pretty popular, though.

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

I guess I can help.

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

Good luck with this, mate.

Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 14:36)
QUOTE (ROCKSTAR MANIC @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 18:25)

It was a small fan site for San Andreas to just play around with. The one I had for Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories was pretty popular, though.

checking innn, Good ol' days..

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Chunk @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 03:48)
Good luck with this, mate.

Cheers dude.

If anyone would like to write some in-depth analysis' of the trailers released please let me know via PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users