Quantcast

» «
Photo

How can i change the color of a skin mod?

2 replies to this topic
The Wolfman
  • The Wolfman

I smoke cause it gives me knowledge

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

So i was trying to re-color a Master chief mod that is used for skin selector (picture below)
user posted image

i was using Photoshop CC but it won't let me change the green color, it only changes the black parts of the picture and not the green color and the orange visor i am trying to change.

Do i need 3dsmax to re-color this kind of mod or am i just doing something wrong in photoshop?

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:32 AM Edited by fireguy109, 15 July 2013 - 03:38 AM.

That's all Photoshop unless you're actually messing with the wrong texture channel (alpha vs normal). I'm no expert but I'd imagine the application of the correct filter to the green area would recolor it nicely. You might want to ask in Visual Arts, this is more their department. I'll request a move for ya.

If they can't help, try posting a link to the txd/bmp from the original mod. Could be the black is actually a map on top of the alpha channel, which is the green part, in which case you're actually modifying the wrong image and you need to export the alpha using txd workshop. This falls through if the mod is simply a visual skin, but odds are this is SA so the player textures go in a txd file.

The Wolfman
  • The Wolfman

I smoke cause it gives me knowledge

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 03:32)
That's all Photoshop unless you're actually messing with the wrong texture channel (alpha vs normal). I'm no expert but I'd imagine the application of the correct filter to the green area would recolor it nicely. You might want to ask in Visual Arts, this is more their department. I'll request a move for ya.

If they can't help, try posting a link to the txd/bmp from the original mod. Could be the black is actually a map on top of the alpha channel, which is the green part, in which case you're actually modifying the wrong image and you need to export the alpha using txd workshop. This falls through if the mod is simply a visual skin, but odds are this is SA so the player textures go in a txd file.

Thanks for your help, but i already figured it out. Turns out i had to click a few things in the picture to make it adjust colors correctly. Anyways, thanks. Might as well close this topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users