» «
Photo

How to convert mods

3 replies to this topic
maurice16
  • maurice16

Modder to the Maxx

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:15 AM Edited by maurice16, 14 July 2013 - 09:19 AM.

How can or is it possible to convert gta sa script mods to vc? Like cleo and etc.

Jack...
  • Jack...

Wanted Level modifications

• Feroci Racing
  • Serbia

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

For CLEO it's possible but there're plenty of SA opcodes which will not work in VC. In most cases that could be solved by searching similar opcodes that work in VC. And if a scrypt contains a memory addresses that complicates things even more because SA and VC are two different exe's so you need to find all those addresses in vc.exe (not to mention that the opcodes for reading and writing the memory addresses are also different). Sometimes you don't need to find them because some of them are documented (go to III other - there're mem add documentation). It all depends of what you want to convert. I'll start with smaller scrypts if I were you.

Jabhacksoul
  • Jabhacksoul

Retired

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:01 AM Edited by Jabhacksoul, 14 July 2013 - 11:08 AM.

Here you go friend, this is something easy and should work in both VC and SA.

CODE
{$CLEO}
thread 'ARMOR'
:ARMOR_100
wait 0
//Armor check opcode for VC is 04DD it also is the same for SA
04DD: 1@ = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR armour
if
1@ < 190
jf @ARMOR_100
//Armor set code is 035E and the same for SA
035E: set_player $player_char armour_to 200
jump @ARMOR_100

Compile using the Sanny Builder for VC and Tommy should be fairly invincible. However I believe you need to set the compiler for each game... not sure about that, I can't test it for you since I am at work. The more complicated the mod gets the harder it will be to convert. You can't convert mods that use game specific items. For example, you won't be able to play a video game or shoot pool in GTA VC just by converting the code.

Edit: Now I can't remember maybe I am wrong? Is it 035F to set the armor in SA???

maurice16
  • maurice16

Modder to the Maxx

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

so is this one possible:

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=487190

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users