Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which death scene is more emotional?

25 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Scene Is More Emotional (94 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Scene Is More Emotional

1. John marston (60 votes [69.77%])

Percentage of vote: 69.77%

2. Roman Bellic (26 votes [30.23%])

Percentage of vote: 30.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote
DeSantaIsGay
  • DeSantaIsGay

Gta Iv And Red Dead Redemption = Perfection

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:49 AM Edited by DeSantaIsGay, 14 July 2013 - 10:30 AM.

this both made me really Emotional. cryani.gif sorry if i have ruined the ending for you peeps i just figured everyone would have completed both these games or Ecleast the Vast Majority.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

I don't personally care about this kinda stuff, and I don't know that it's true.

But you might want to change the title, as it's probably a huge spoiler if there is any truth to the title.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

CODE
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Use em man.

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:20 AM

John Marston by far.

Nobody cared when Roman died.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

John Marston.

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:47 AM

John Marston dies?

confused.gif

DeSantaIsGay
  • DeSantaIsGay

Gta Iv And Red Dead Redemption = Perfection

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (Fisciletti @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 05:47)
John Marston dies?

confused.gif

I Feel really bad now nervous.gif ive ruined the ending for so many people im Sorry cryani.gif

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

John Marston, f*ck Roman he pissed me off with all his phone calls asking if we wanted to go bowling.

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

John Marston dies?

confused.gif

I'm surprised you went that far without knowing it. I wish I did too, people spoiled that since before I bought RDR.

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Darth_Starkiller @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 17:46)
John Marston dies?

confused.gif

I'm surprised you went that far without knowing it. I wish I did too, people spoiled that since before I bought RDR.

Not me. Anyways, I can't remember how John Marston died, I only did the storyline once. Wasn't it that son of a bitch who killed John Marston that took his son and wife from him.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

Oh c'mon now.. "Cuhzin, you want tew go bohwling!" Who would miss that? sigh.gif

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

Havent played RDR so ill go with Roman. good scene.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

Roman's death was far more emotional, because of one simple reason - it wasn't expected. If we look at RDR story John's death was inevitable. It was the only way for him after government forced him to do their dirty job. John was one of the last gunslingers, man as obsolete as the ideals of the west. Sure, they were the guys who won the west, who took it and claimed, but when civilization started to reclaim these grounds they either had to change or go. His death was emotional, but it was a bit ruined by the Jack. We lost John, but we can still play the game. There was no penalty connected to his death as the game was still going. Of course Jack was rather vague, but everything was still there.

Roman's death was different, mostly because it wasn't expected. Every player would expect Niko to be killed, but not Roman. We lost guy who was with us for the entire game. Roman was annoying pain in the ass, but aren't some of the people? And that's why important, he could be taken for a human and his death was painful. Somebody may say, it's good he died, he won't be calling me now and asking for going bowling, but I like it. And the scene with Mallorie scream ripping through everything really made me speechless for some time. John's death was more like expected closure, Roman's like tragedy nobody was able to predict.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

No-one cared about Roman, I did miss his bowling talks though and IV did get really emotional after that.

John Marston's death was tons more sad.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:04 AM Edited by Majestic81, 15 July 2013 - 11:58 AM.

Dont get the bowling thing, i played GTA IV tons of times and Roman never called me to the point where it gets annoying. and with Romans death you dont actually feel sad just for him. you feel sad for Niko, because he pretty much lost his only family. and the way the scene initiated with Mallorie crying and Niko then taking the gun and instantly shooting the hired gun was great. I know i haven't played RDR but even if i did i doubt id favor it on Romans ending. IV's ending is way more emotional.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 11:04)
And the way the scene initiated with Mallorie crying and Niko then taking the gun and instantly shooting the hired gun was great.

The look on Niko's face when he does that...

lolzz19
  • lolzz19

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 11:04)
Dont get the bowling thing, i played GTA IV tons of times and Roman never called me to the point where it gets annoying. and with Romans death you dont actually feel sad just for him. you feel sad for Niko, because he pretty much lost his only family. and the way the scene initiated with Mallorie crying and Niko then taking the gun and instantly shooting the hired gun was great. I know i haven't played RDR but even if i did i doubt id favor it on Romans ending. IV's ending is way more emotional.

You haven't played RDR but say IV's ending is still more emotional dontgetit.gif

I felt really sad when John died, but in my game Kate died so....
Still John's death was way more sad, than both Roman and Kates death, because you pretty much bonded him throughout the hole game.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

I didn't care for either of them, Kate's death however had me in tears...

...just joking. John Marston because of the large amount of time you spend playing as him.

Sborges91
  • Sborges91

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

For me, it was definitely John Marston's death. Since I already knew Roman would die (Kate died in my first playthrough), it didn't hit has hard as it normally would have. When John Marston died, I was angry. Legitimately angry, almost to the point where I didn't want to play. To this day, he is still my favorite protagonist in any game I have played. The only other time where I have felt that upset about a video game death was when Mona Sax died in Max Payne 2.

MassacreGTA
  • MassacreGTA

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

John Marston, I really didn't expect that ending when I was playing RDR.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Neunundneunzig Luftballons

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

I knew that both was going to die, but Marston was more emotional than Roman's death, probably because I was playing as him and he was featured in every mission.

And the build up was much more dramatic. In GTA IV everything was falling apart in the end. The Pegorinos we're f*cked and you knew that "betraying" Pegorino would get consequences. So it was much easier anticipating that something dramatic was about to happen.

But in RDR it was different. You had been chasing these guys in New Austin, Nuevo Paraiso and New Elizabeth to have some kind of end for Marston's old life and to get your family back. So it was more suprising that after you had done your job, met your family and started to get used to the life at the farm that the whole f*ckin' army came to kill you. The moment of the kill was also really dramatic, after taking out some guys with dead eye, the army just spray you with bullets, you're left to die and the army slowly leave the farm.

It was really satisfying to put bullets in Edgar Ross' head, breast, crotch and heart.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

Roman. The guy just wanted to have fun. sad.gif

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

John Marston mainly because playing as his son sucks; that and Roman biting the dust is a completely optional path, one I never choose. (except to have seen it once)

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

Even though I like Roman and all. John Marston's was waaaaay more emotional. He was the player character, and I really got to like him as he was a great guy. Roman's death is sad but he's not the protagonist that you've become so invested in like Marston was.

Genetically_Diffrent_Bitches911
  • Genetically_Diffrent_Bitches911

Iv is the King!

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

Roman!! i was crying my eyes out when the chubby man left us. cryani.gif nikos face and reaction and mallories crying means this scene for me has the edge. marstons death was sad aswell though how he was on his kness just breathing heavily right before he falls and dies was the saddest part for me.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Neunundneunzig Luftballons

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (Genetically_Diffrent_Bitches911 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 22:01)
marstons death was sad aswell though how he was on his kness just breathing heavily right before he falls and dies was the saddest part for me.

Yeah, I kind of felt his pain, haha, imagine getting showered by shots. Ouch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users