Quantcast

» «
Photo

What games will you buy along with PS4/XONE?

24 replies to this topic
Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Hey Guys!
I'm curious what games are you planning to buy along with your next-gen consoles, whether it's PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. I'm personally zeroing in PS4 (quite obvious option) which I'm probably gonna get sometime after 2013. Below I've listed a couple of titles I'm interested in, explaining why I'll choose them. I'm not going to buy them all at the same time, of course, since it's better to focus on just a handful of games at the same time.

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (TBA) - you simply can't go wrong with Hideo Kojima and the Metal Gear Solid series. Being a huge fan of the game, I think there's almost nothing in it to worry about. Well, maybe except the open world structure; I just hope locations will be at least close to the level of those from Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. Maps in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker were rather uninspired, at least to my taste. So, I hope they won't screw it up. Oh, and I hope Ludvig Forssell will make the job with the music!

2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (TBA 2014) - never been a fan of Sapkowski's saga, and in fact, I've never played or read any The Witcher. But as soon as I saw the picture of that ship, sailing with Gerald on a stormful sea, with the big mountain in the foreground, or when I saw him on a horse in that village full of folk, I just instantly knew I got to sink into the series. Besides, the game seems like something to beat the great The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

3. WATCH_DOGS (Q4 2013) - it may not allow for as much possibilities as the Grand Theft Auto V has to offer, but the vision of modern day Chicago engulfed by the evolved digitalization and information control (hey, that was the topic based in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty!) makes the thing a lot more intruiging for me. Besides, the game truly looks like a next-gen, in terms of animations and AI. Looking forward to walk down those gorgeous city streets at night.

4. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Q4 2013) - you can say the series went into some deep poo, that it became a second Call of Duty and it's not as cool anymore as the previous ones, but I don't care. I don't, because I haven't played any of them and I'm actually quite interested in the tropic island setting, along with pirates and ships theme. Can't honestly wait till I'll get my hands on these jungles!

5. The Witness (TBA 2014) - may look like just a simple open world puzzle game... and in fact it is. Not a fan of the genre, but I've got to admit these colors got me curious. Might be a very good game. Just look at that autumn/fall woods picture, it looks damn genius!

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

Don't really know yet. I'll probably hold off on getting one to begin with. I feel like I'm going to get a lot of hours out of stuff like GTAV and ESO. Once those have worn off, I'll probably pick up a PS4 and whatever games look good at that point.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

MGSV, FFXV and Watch Dogs are highest on my list for the PS4, possibly with a couple of others later along the line, although those are the ones I'm most looking forward to.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

Infamous Second Son
And maybe Watch Dogs.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

To be honest, i'm not even excited about next-gen consoles. confused.gif

If I was to get the X1 day one edition. My first few games would be Watch Dogs, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall.

Conal123
  • Conal123

The Irish Brigade

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:22 AM

FIFA 14
Watch Dogs
AC Black Flag
Killzone Shadow Fall

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

Tom Clancy's The Division. Best coop shooter I've seen in a long time, Watch Dogs looks interesting too. I've got plenty of current generation titles to wade through though.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

Battlefield 4 ( For Online play with friends )
Watch Dog ( For the Single Player and OPEN WORLD )

These two games are for PS4

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:57 AM

For PS4 my launch titles will be Watch Dogs, FIFA, and Battlefield. After that I'll for sure get The Division and Infamous, Knack, Killzone.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

ill get a PS4 just for exclusive games so it would be

driveclub, killzone shadow fall, infamous second son, the order, and MGS5 if it doesn't come to PC. also possibly GTA V if they do a next gen port AND not release it on PC.

for games like watch dogs, AC etc i would buy it on PC since im still primarily a PC gamer and it would still look better on PC. tldr as long as the game is coming to PC ill buy it on PC instead.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:39 AM

I'll get an Xbox One , my games will be Ryse/Dead Rising 3/Battlefield 4/Assassin's Creed 4:Black Flag/Watch Dogs/Call of Duty:Ghosts/
The Witcher 3/Quantum Break/TitanFall/The Division/Metal Gear Solid V , and then when I get my PS4 , I'll get Infamous Second Son .

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

Battlefield 4, Need for Speed Rivals, CoD Ghosts.

That's about it...

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:52 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 14 July 2013 - 06:56 AM.

I dropped my plans on getting a PS4 at launch, and will probably get it about a year from now, so hopefully I'll be getting BF4 and maybe Watch Dogs.

EDIT: And ACIV

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

DriveClub, The Order 1886 and perhaps inFamous SS. The rest are for PC.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 17:52)
I dropped my plans on getting a PS4 at launch, and will probably get it about a year from now, so hopefully I'll be getting BF4 and maybe Watch Dogs.

EDIT: And ACIV

Same, perhaps not a year, but whenever I feel like it, I just don't feel like buying it yet.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

-PS4 on launch:

Watch Dogs
Battlefield 4

-In the future:

Metal Gear Solid V
Mirror's Edge 2
Star Wars: Battlefront
DayZ (If they get it running)
H-Hour: World's Elite

We need a Fallout 4 announcement already ffs.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

I'm really interested in Infamous Second Son, I just love open world games. I also enjoyed Prototype and I've been hearing that this game has similarities with the former.
I hope Sucker Punch can deliver.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

First year of Next-Gen looks to have a lot of nice games for being the 1st go around.

Just imagine how the games will be 2-3 years from now. Devs are going to have a little easier time
creating games for PS4/Xbox one which is great, due to the PC architecture. Though the only downside is that with more highly
detailed games means more manpower/hours and money needed to complete it.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

I'm deffently going to pick up dead rising 3 looks very interesting, I have half a feeling it's going to be multiplayer aswell!

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Since I'll be getting BF4, Watch_Dogs and Project: Spark on the X360, it'll probably be The Witcher 3 and Mirror's Edge 2. After that it depends on what's been released, since it'll be a while till I get a PS4 (if I don't move to PC).

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

I was going to get BF4 and FIFA 14 for my PS4, but with EA pricing each at 55 I think I'll try to boycot until the prices are lowered. One of the other games I WAS interested in was Watch_dogs but now it looks like one of the most boring free-roams I've ever seen.

So... I'm pretty stuck to be honest. Maybe AC4 if it's priced appropriately

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:57 AM Edited by Forzum, 22 July 2013 - 09:01 AM.

- Metal Gear Solid V

- Destiny

- Final Fantasy XV

- Whatch Dogs

- The Witcher 3

- BF 4

- CoD Ghosts

- Driveclub (from PS+)

- Outlast (from PS+)

- Maybe Diablo III (even tho I got it on PC)

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

I want my first PS4 game to be something i'll play for years, like IV was on my PS3. I don't want to buy Watch Dogs or ACIV and just sell it once I complete it.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:30 AM Edited by wwinterj, 24 July 2013 - 01:32 AM.

Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed IV when I buy a PS4 several months after it's launch. I would have bought them both for the PS3 but it seems likely I'll wait and buy the better versions and on the plus side the price of both games would have dropped. I think I'll pick up the Witcher 3 also depending if it's out by then although I've not played any of the others. Apparently that doesn't matter so it's all good.

MasterO
  • MasterO

Nanomachines son.

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

Metal Gear Solid V.

Pretty much it for now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users