Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why do people say ''HURR DURP'' or repeat a phrase?

39 replies to this topic
Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 12:00)
Let them say what they want, it only makes it easier for us to tell who the immature ones are. wink.gif

Almost like a calling card.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 17:03)
QUOTE (Voodoo @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 16:46)
That's fascinating.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pwhAWZU.gif[IMG]

Admit it, Voodoo. You just got owned by a 2013 member. devil.gif

2013 members FTW!

user posted image

I died a little inside.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Laying low in Alderney City

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

There's this fellow at my job, basically whenever a song comes on the radio that he thinks is stupid he'll sing along with it, only instead of the lyrics he'll go "Sherp-A-Derp" and he does it EVERY TIME, and everybody just thinks he's so clever and witty for doing it. I just want to call them all morons. suicidal.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:37 AM Edited by zoo3891, 14 July 2013 - 12:40 AM.

@Werebot85
The origin of the English noun troll in the standard sense of ugly dwarf or giant dates to 1610 and comes from the Old Norse word 'troll' meaning giant or demon.[20] The word evokes the trolls of Scandinavian folklore and children's tales, where they are at times beings bent on mischief and wickedness.[21]

In modern English usage, trolling may describe the fishing technique of slowly dragging a lure or baited hook from a moving boat[22] whereas trawling describes the generally commercial act of dragging a fishing net.

An alternative term is bái làn (Chinese: 白爛; literally "white rot"), which describes a post completely nonsensical and full of folly made to upset others, and derives from a Taiwanese slang term for the male genitalia, where genitalia that is pale white in colour represents that someone is young, and thus foolish.

but an older expression, used by those which want to avoid anglicisms or slangs, is complexo do pombo enxadrista to denote trolling behavior, and pombos enxadristas (literally, "chessplayer pigeons") or simply pombos are the terms used to name the trolls. The terms are explained by an adage or popular saying: "Arguing with fulano (i.e. John Doe) is the same as playing chess with a pigeon: the pigeon defecates on the table, drop the pieces and simply fly, claiming victory."

user posted image

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

Derp was funny back in the Baseketball and original South Park days but once it got turned to a meme and every kid who's in elementary school would say it, it died off to me.

But then again every good joke Matt Stone and Trey Parker come up with always seems to get beaten to death

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:05 AM

@ zoo3891 -- And your point is?

user posted image

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

@Werebot85 - I don't really remember. It was something about wikipedia and your guys's stupid metaphor of fishing not being the absolute origin of the word. And something about how @reform is wrong and the victim isn't called the troll. I just pointed the reply at you because you also quoted Wikipedia colgate.gif .

user posted image

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

Using memes or slang in real life is annoying, today at work some kid said "soz" to me and I laughed and repeated it back to them in a "you sound like a stupid little sh*t" way.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

I remember when memes were an upcoming fashion and only two of my friends and I knew about them. We would use them sometimes and make jokes and everybody else in our class was, like: "Omg, you guys are fu**ing retarded, what f*ck?!" And then a month or two later, the whole school was wearing t-shirts with memes and using them all the time. "Hughuhuhguhughuhughuhug look at how awsum we all r!!1!" SHUT THE f*ck UP, BITCHES, and DIE!! Even today when I see someone wearing a meme t-shirt, I cry a bit inside and feel sorry for the person.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

What does hurp durp even mean? I only ever see it on here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users