Quantcast

» «
Photo

Extremely disappointed in GTA 5's gunshot sounds!

153 replies to this topic
Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:25 AM Edited by Chukkles, 13 July 2013 - 01:32 AM.

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 01:14)
The strongest machine gun ( not the minigun ) should make this noise, have this muzzle flash and cause this damage to bodies.

The problem with this is that sound effects in movies (and games most likely) can be made with anything, that machine gun fire (for all we know) could have been someone slamming a shoe onto a piece of sheet metal.

In films they go for the most acceptable sound they can find.

TheKrigeron
  • TheKrigeron

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

I think he was using a silencer, so that's why they pewed pewed

DryJohnson45
  • DryJohnson45

Poet to the dumb

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

leave this forum now

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

I haven't realized the game has gone gold yet

kramerica
  • kramerica

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (kramerica @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 01:15)
The last thing I would want is gunshots that sound like Call of Duty. Their idea of a .45 being fired makes me want to puke. Although, GTA 4 may have been even worse. I just think that the sounds in GTA 5 should at least be on par with Manhunt and Red Dead Redemption. Not asking much considering these games were made years ago. I do agree that we can not know for sure if they have been improved until we play the game. However, that is what I say before every GTA release and the gunshots still stink. Also, take a look at these gun models. WTF? I understand that GTA 5 will have lots of gun customization... but couldn't they have used a standard gun in the trailer? These two handguns and the rifle were big disappointments to me. I know there are a lot of other things to look forward to, but come on Rockstar. WTF?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This is the worst offender. Appears to be the world's most accurate and quiet fully automatic .45
It also seems to have the world's smallest grip... whatsthat.gif

I love GTA! But criticism is healthy! Watch the trailer again and tell me with a straight face that you believe those sound effects or gun models were as good as you were hoping they would be. The car explosion sound was pretty much identical to GTA 4 if not the same exact sound file from GTA 4. I'm 100% open to disagreements but I feel like a lot of people in here are just pissed that I would even criticize the game at all. I'm going to wind up paying 100 bucks to get the special edition on the day of release. I do not think it is disrespectful to voice my concern about an area of the game. Especially because it has been an ongoing problem, in my eyes anyway. I love the Robocop suggestion, by the way! tounge2.gif

Ultim8 Z0mb13
  • Ultim8 Z0mb13

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

I was disappointed by the sound too (as I believe sound is much more important than most people believe it is), BUT, all the gunshots we heard had music or dialogue or both playing over the top of them. So maybe we shouldn't judge it yet. And I found Red Dead and Max Payne 3 to be much better with surround sound modes (particularly on PS3, Xbox not so much). Red Dead on Xbox or with stereo speakers sounded weak but on PS3 for some reason the gunshots had serious punch and the horses hooves galloping was thunderous and much more engaging.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (kramerica @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 01:15)
The last thing I would want is gunshots that sound like Call of Duty. Their idea of a .45 being fired makes me want to puke. Although, GTA 4 may have been even worse. I just think that the sounds in GTA 5 should at least be on par with Manhunt and Red Dead Redemption. Not asking much considering these games were made years ago. I do agree that we can not know for sure if they have been improved until we play the game. However, that is what I say before every GTA release and the gunshots still stink. Also, take a look at these gun models. WTF? I understand that GTA 5 will have lots of gun customization... but couldn't they have used a standard gun in the trailer? These two handguns and the rifle were big disappointments to me. I know there are a lot of other things to look forward to, but come on Rockstar. WTF?

This is the worst offender. Appears to be the world's most accurate and quiet fully automatic .45
It also seems to have the world's smallest grip... whatsthat.gif

Lol, these are standard guns. We don't fight with normal sized weapons anymore, the Bullpup design has reigned king for a while now and for good reason. With the magazine behind the grip and trigger, you can shorten the guns length without shortening the barrel. This means more weapons are behaving like Carbines while maintaining the accuracy of a full on Assault Rifle. This is the present day of modern weapons now, I agree I prefer the older look of the guns but the new guns are just flat out better (IRL, of course). I think older guns like the classic M4A1 and other rifles modeled after the AR-15, are awesome. I just love the look of them and the feeling of having one in your hands while you spit lead at your enemies.

But I can see why they kept with the times in terms of guns, just makes sense. Also, what handgun did you not like? Your Screen didn't show up for the "bad-gun" one. Also with how many other guns will be in the game I don't think you will be running across a class of guns that you don't like any of the models. I believe the 1911 is in the game, which variant is not confirmed though. Also there will be the Chinese variant of the AK, which I am a huge fan of. And then there is the Carbine designed after the H&K 416 (SEXY AS FUNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG) which always looks classy.

I have a feeling there will be plenty of guns to choose form for each class.

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

After 5 years on the East Coast, it's time to go home...

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 00:35)
QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 02:31)
I see what the OP is saying. But I'd say it's better to play the final version of the game first before judging.

I hope the gunshot sound is similar to GTA IV, but improved. IV had brilliant gunshot sounds, especially with the Glock 9mm pistol and the SMG.

what??????

IV gun sounds were awful. they didnt even sound like guns.

In my opinion, they actually sounded quite decent and they were a massive improvement over San Andreas. Large shootouts, particularly, sounded real.

They weren't perfect, though, and I hope GTA V makes weaponry sound more life-like (which it sounds like what R* are doing).

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

YourGirlRunHerFingersThruMyHair

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (StewartWilson1992 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 09:16)
QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 00:35)
QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 02:31)
I see what the OP is saying. But I'd say it's better to play the final version of the game first before judging.

I hope the gunshot sound is similar to GTA IV, but improved. IV had brilliant gunshot sounds, especially with the Glock 9mm pistol and the SMG.

what??????

IV gun sounds were awful. they didnt even sound like guns.

In my opinion, they actually sounded quite decent and they were a massive improvement over San Andreas. Large shootouts, particularly, sounded real.

They weren't perfect, though, and I hope GTA V makes weaponry sound more life-like (which it sounds like what R* are doing).

Decent?

Lol the IV weapons sounded like sh*t, the Deagle was the only decent sounding one. icon13.gif

In my opinion of course.

slogan-killer1
  • slogan-killer1

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

It seems like the forum has been plagued by people who bitch at the smallest things

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

Well, to be honest.. Real life gun shots sound the same kinda.. Always TETETETETETETETETE! In this game the sounds vary much and I like that. smile.gif

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

git gud or get rekt

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

I agree completely, the gunshot sounds are awful and I'm kinda disappointed. I wish they sounded like BF3, that would've been AWESOME!
But still, compared to the amount of amazing stuff this game has to offer, it's really not that big of a deal.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

oh god you people are hilarious....pathetic a lot, no doubt, but mostly hilarious.

anyone complaining about the gun sounds should go out and buy guns and pop a few rounds into the sky. there you have your real gunsounds....
this is a game and it's not supposed to be reality...it aims to reflect and re-interpret reality.....or whatever.

srsly.....I had to laugh at some of you people here being so serious about it....it seems GTA isn't your game. try Cod or BF. those games pride themselves with being the REAL WAR KILL PENG BOOM PENG thing....you want boring, mindless and violent war/killing simulations with real gunsounds? - play those games....leave GTA to the idiots who can't tell the difference between a shotgun and revolver blast

OP: what's your take on Max Payne 3's gunsounds?

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:14 AM

I think its safe to say that the vast majority of people at R* North have never even fired a firearm before due to the laws of where they live. I think it would help if R* Games got a studio in an area within North America that doesn't have overly strict restrictions on firearms. New York City, San Diego, and Toronto aren't the greatest places in this part of the world to be for firearm research.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

have you seen that video of that dog getting shot, the gun sounds aren't really that loud.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

YourGirlRunHerFingersThruMyHair

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (DE4TH @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 11:10)
I agree completely, the gunshot sounds are awful and I'm kinda disappointed. I wish they sounded like BF3, that would've been AWESOME!
But still, compared to the amount of amazing stuff this game has to offer, it's really not that big of a deal.

I still have hope for the DAO-12, assuming it returns from TLAD.
It should sound good.

The Shotgun from Franklin's trailer sounds like a edited higher quality version of the Deagle sound from SA.

kramerica
  • kramerica

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (legend9090 @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 06:22)
have you seen that video of that dog getting shot, the gun sounds aren't really that loud.

That's because it was recorded by a cellphone's microphone from half-a-football field away. Anyone who has fired guns without ear protection knows how loud they are. They're nothing like they are portrayed in GTA. I understand that they should not be as loud in-game as in reality. However, in reality, a gunshot is a powerful sound. The gunshots in GTA lack any kind of menacing power to their sound. sh*ttier games have done a much better job of recreating them.

Also, have you noticed gunshot wounds in GTA 5? I was equally disapointed in these. GTA 5 comes out like 3 years after Red Dead Redemption, yet, bullet wounds looked better in Red Dead Redemption. How is this even possible? I swear, headshots have not changed a bit since Vice City. WTF is that all about???? How about blood spatter on the walls? It's worse than Manhunt was 10 years ago! Come on Rockstar...

user posted image

IchliebeDeutscheland
  • IchliebeDeutscheland

Sündenbock

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (Andy37649 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 01:00)
Why do people always find something to complain about? suicidal.gif

Cause people are different and find different things worth complaining.

The OP is right, the sound effects were weak, especially in the 3 Aera,

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (assmillk @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 23:13)
QUOTE (kramerica @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 22:58)
I have always been disappointed in GTA's gunshots, car accidents, tire screeches, and explosions.  They all lack the intensity and volume they should have against the rest of the sounds in the background.

then why are you here?

He isn't allowed to play because he don't like sound? WTF.
And this is forum, that's why he is here, it seems you don't know why you are here.

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

What the f*ck I'm reading today... suicidal.gif

People are so ungrateful...

CJ4LIFE1294
  • CJ4LIFE1294

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

I have always been disappointed in GTA's gunshots, car accidents, tire screeches, and explosions. They all lack the intensity and volume they should have against the rest of the sounds in the background. Gunshots are the worst offenders in the GTA series. I feel like the gunshots in the GTA 5 trailer are pretty much identical to the gunshots we have been hearing since GTA 3. They have a "pew pew pew" kind of sound to them. They should be much louder against the background sounds and should have a crack like an actual gun shot does. It's amusing that the GTA series has been ripping off Michael Mann's "Heat" for 10 years but they failed to incorporate "Heat's" excellent gunshot sound effects. Red Dead Redemption had much better gunshots than any GTA, but even that wasnt good enough. Please, Rockstar, go outside and shoot some guns without ear protection. That should give you a much better appreciation for how the guns should sound in-game. Right now, frankly, they suck. There is absolutely no reason that the sounds of a bicycle or a golf club swing should be more realistic than your gunshots and tire screeches. What do you all think?

I think your a c*nt

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (kramerica @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 09:19)
Also, have you noticed gunshot wounds in GTA 5? I was equally disapointed in these. GTA 5 comes out like 3 years after Red Dead Redemption, yet, bullet wounds looked better in Red Dead Redemption. How is this even possible? I swear, headshots have not changed a bit since Vice City. WTF is that all about???? How about blood spatter on the walls? It's worse than Manhunt was 10 years ago! Come on Rockstar...

How about you look at some screenshots were the decals and textures are actually loaded properly, and where they aren't seen from 200 meters away:

http://www.igta5.com...n-the-walls.jpg
http://www.igta5.com...-flashlight.jpg

Zeegelano
  • Zeegelano

Team Leader

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (Andy37649 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 01:00)
Why do people always find something to complain about? suicidal.gif

This..

And the gunshots are imo not bad at all. Maybe your audio is f*cked up, OP, because I ain't hearing just "pew pew pew" sounds.

kramerica
  • kramerica

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (GTAaLEX117 @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 09:40)
QUOTE (kramerica @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 09:19)
Also, have you noticed gunshot wounds in GTA 5?  I was equally disapointed in these.  GTA 5 comes out like 3 years after Red Dead Redemption, yet, bullet wounds looked better in Red Dead Redemption. How is this even possible?  I swear, headshots have not changed a bit since Vice City.  WTF is that all about????  How about blood spatter on the walls?  It's worse than Manhunt was 10 years ago! Come on Rockstar...

How about you look at some screenshots were the decals and textures are actually loaded properly, and where they aren't seen from 200 meters away:

http://www.igta5.com...n-the-walls.jpg
http://www.igta5.com...-flashlight.jpg

LOL Thanks for proving my point! Why is the blood pool 3 feet in front of the victim?!?! WTF? And this is the image they use as an example of their next-generation GTA barf8bd.gif

user posted image

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

I didn't actually notice the gun sounds in the V trailer, but i totally agree that the gun sounds in all the previous GTAs have been weak and unimpressive. I'd prefer them to have a lot more power to them.

I don't really care about the 'realism' of it, i think it's preferable that the guns should sound loud and very 'hollywood'

In San Andreas i remember the guns sounded like pea-shooters. In IV they were improved a bit but still incredibly weak.

It's the same with Battlefield 3. The gun sounds are all very bland, but the previous game Bad Company 2, had amazing audio to it. I don't know why they changed it.

kramerica
  • kramerica

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (CJ4LIFE1294 @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 09:37)
I have always been disappointed in GTA's gunshots, car accidents, tire screeches, and explosions.  They all lack the intensity and volume they should have against the rest of the sounds in the background.  Gunshots are the worst offenders in the GTA series.  I feel like the gunshots in the GTA 5 trailer are pretty much identical to the gunshots we have been hearing since GTA 3.  They have a "pew pew pew" kind of sound to them.  They should be much louder against the background sounds and should have a crack like an actual gun shot does.  It's amusing that the GTA series has been ripping off Michael Mann's "Heat" for 10 years but they failed to incorporate "Heat's" excellent gunshot sound effects.  Red Dead Redemption had much better gunshots than any GTA, but even that wasnt good enough.  Please, Rockstar, go outside and shoot some guns without ear protection.  That should give you a much better appreciation for how the guns should sound in-game.  Right now, frankly, they suck.  There is absolutely no reason that the sounds of a bicycle or a golf club swing should be more realistic than your gunshots and tire screeches.  What do you all think?

I think your a c*nt

Well, I would rather be a c*nt than an uneducated fool who doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're."

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (kramerica @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 09:53)
LOL Thanks for proving my point! Why is the blood pool 3 feet in front of the victim?!?! WTF? And this is the image they use as an example of their next-generation GTA barf8bd.gif

Because shotguns push people back? Look at the second picture, if the enemy was closer to the wall you would have also seen a splatter on the wall itself.
And what do you mean by "next-generation" GTA? Are you going to add "complaining about graphics" to your list?

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:13 AM Edited by Geeteeaifive, 09 August 2013 - 10:17 AM.

QUOTE (kramerica @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 23:17)
I have been a fan of GTA since the original.  I always get the newest rendition on the very day it is released.  I love GTA.  That doesnt mean I am a brainless fanboy who thinks there is no room for improvement.  I just believe that Rockstar should be spending more time working on some very key sound effects.  There were tire screeches and multiple gunshots in the trailer.  I was highly disappointed in all of them.  They honestly sound the same to me as all the previous GTAs.  WTF?  Also, the hand gun model seen in the sky scraper mission, the rifle model being used out of the helicopter shortly after, and the pistol model used during the shootout and weapon switching demonstration were all complete garbage.  Those gun models looked disturbingly amateur.  Red Dead Redemption had significantly better gun models... two years ago.  Don't get me wrong, I love GTA, but that was really disturbing to see in the first gameplay trailer for the game.  I can not believe that such an obvious problem could go unaddressed for so long in a series.  No one else at Rockstar has bothered to mention this to the development team?  Manhunt honestly had better gun sound effects, better fighting mechanics, and better fighting sound effects... like 6 years before GTA 4 came out.  How the f*ck is that even possible?

How about you turn down backround volume and up beat your friggin gun sound with pc mods. Or change them all together. U can turn up the volume too, your argument is a complete and utter waste of this forum space. Gta Is played in third person, gun shots sound like that because it's from 2-4 meters away. Also i'm insulting your intelligence. Gun sounds sound realistic enough to me who thinks guns are for pussies ect.

Muffin_Man
  • Muffin_Man

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

The gun sounds in gta 4 did get me on my nerves after a while, but they seem to of sorted that out in V from what we've seen anyway.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

People always find something to bitch about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users