» «
Photo

Bounty Hunting!

19 replies to this topic
TrevorTheLunatic
  • TrevorTheLunatic

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:31 PM Edited by TrevorTheLunatic, 12 July 2013 - 08:34 PM.

It's pretty cool to see bounty hunting side-missions make an appearance in a GTA game. In Red Dead Redemption it was cool for the period setting with the posters of the bounty targets on the walls of train stations or sheriff offices. Now, in GTA V it's cool to see that you can locate their last known location via the in-game computer through the website on the internet. (Fat lady sitting in the chair seen briefly on the Bounty Hunter website in the Gameplay Video)

This had me thinking... Since Red Dead Redemption required you to put the bounty target on horseback than will we be able to put the bounty target in 'the trunk' of a car for this particular side-activity? Instead of a lasso/rope than we could be given a pair of handcuffs. "Cuff em and throw em in the trunk". A bounty hunting vehicle (most likely a car) may be given to us for this activity allowing us access to open/close the trunk.

Bounty targets can be taken in dead or alive. If you kill them than we would probably have to bring back some sort of proof proving we took the target out. Perhaps his or her wallet with some sort of I.D. in it or something else?

killerx2
  • killerx2

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (TrevorTheLunatic @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 20:31)
It's pretty cool to see bounty hunting side-missions make an appearance in a GTA game. In Red Dead Redemption it was cool for the period setting with the posters of the bounty targets on the walls of train stations or sheriff offices. Now, in GTA V it's cool to see that you can locate their last known location via the in-game computer through the website on the internet. (Fat lady sitting in the chair seen briefly on the Bounty Hunter website in the Gameplay Video)

This had me thinking... Since Red Dead Redemption required you to put the bounty target on horseback than will we be able to put the bounty target in 'the trunk' of a car for this particular side-activity? Instead of a lasso/rope the we could be given a pair of handcuffs. "Cuff em and throw em in the trunk". Ha

Bounty targets can be taken in dead or alive. If you kill them than we would probably have to bring back some sort of proof proving we took the target out. Perhaps his or her wallet with some sort of I.D. in it or something else?

a head will be good enough for prove.so if they are alive, stuff em in the trunk.dead- throw the head in the front seat

mbunleashed09
  • mbunleashed09

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

I doubt handcuffs, maybe tape or a rope. Hey! Since we will have a large weapon cache, maybe we will have a tranquilizer to stun animals and bounty targets. Then put them in the backseat or trunk.

Kakka Carrot Cake
  • Kakka Carrot Cake

You am no real super sand

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (mbunleashed09 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 20:44)
I doubt handcuffs, maybe tape or a rope. Hey! Since we will have a large weapon cache, maybe we will have a tranquilizer to stun animals and bounty targets. Then put them in the backseat or trunk.

Tazer would be awesome biggrin.gif

Skozza89
  • Skozza89

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

Hope so, or even just throw them on the back seat limbs tied, Surely when we see Trevor throw the person into that shack he hasnt walked them all the way there? Some sort of animation to throw them in the boot (trunk) or backseat would be cool.

Watts78
  • Watts78

Big Red

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

it was confirmed on a GTA 5oclock ep that you can put things in the trunk

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (Watts78 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 00:10)

I doubt that it was confirmed.
But I really hope we can use handcuffs or similar to get the targets. And I hope they are not limited but are like a sidemission. Infinite I mean. I hated when the assassins greed missions only had 10 levels..

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

It'd be awesome if you had to bring them in dead or alive, but if they're dead they're just easier to manage (for obvious reasons). I could see it being a simple thing where you fight them a bit, grab them when they're weaker and if you're strong enough they won't break away (which is why Trevor will be best because he's the strongest at the beginning).

My Trevor is going to be Dog the Bounty Hunter.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 00:26)
It'd be awesome if you had to bring them in dead or alive, but if they're dead they're just easier to manage (for obvious reasons). I could see it being a simple thing where you fight them a bit, grab them when they're weaker and if you're strong enough they won't break away (which is why Trevor will be best because he's the strongest at the beginning).

I dont think we will have a lasso like in RDR. So instead of catching them you can shoot them in the leg or use a taser

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

Very good point. I bet you're right, we will get handcuffs. Hopefully the trunks are usable. But if not you could just put them in the back of his pick-up. or in the passenger seats. Not sure that we'll be allowed to kill them though, given the modern setting. Maybe you'll get a non-lethal weapon to use.

I'm glad they put this feature in, but i'd also love it if, when you arrive at their 'last known location' they aren't always there, so you have to do a bit of work to find them For example beating up some guy to interrogate him and get information, or looking for other kinds of clues that you need to work out. That would add to the longevity and replayability of them and make it feel more like a real mission.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 22:30)
QUOTE (man dragon @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 00:26)

I dont think we will have a lasso like in RDR. So instead of catching them you can shoot them in the leg or use a taser

I never said I thought there would be a lasso so I'm not sure what you're responding to. I think it'll be simple, like grab an enemy when they're weak and you can move them and force them into trunks of vehicles (like you could place people on horses in RDR). How they're weak is completely up to you - e.g. shoot them and run the risk of them dying, shoot them in the foot and run the risk of missing and giving them enough time to get away, or chase after them and run the risk of never catching up.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

I hope that we can put people in the trunk regardless of if you're bounty hunting or not. Just like in Sleeping Dogs, stuff somebody in the truck and get rid of the body in the ocean.

But yeah, good idea. I hope we can use things like tazers and handcuffs on the suspects. devil.gif

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 00:46)
I hope that we can put people in the trunk regardless of if you're bounty hunting or not. Just like in Sleeping Dogs, stuff somebody in the truck and get rid of the body in the ocean.

But yeah, good idea. I hope we can use things like tazers and handcuffs on the suspects. devil.gif

I hope the have a lot of these features. GTA4 lacked of it and Saints Row, Sleeping Dogs and so on all had very cool features.

But Im worried that we wont get much of those confused.gif

Wayne Kerr
  • Wayne Kerr

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 22:38)

I'm glad they put this feature in, but i'd also love it if, when you arrive at their 'last known location' they aren't always there, so you have to do a bit of work to find them For example beating up some guy to interrogate him and get information, or looking for other kinds of clues that you need to work out. That would add to the longevity and replayability of them and make it feel more like a real mission.

Exactly my thoughts too.
I don't want to simply choose a bounty target from a list & have their icon appear on the map. That's just too easy & repetitive.
It needs to be challenging & engaging. You know, make you think about things. Pick up a couple of clues, talk to a couple of witnesses etc. Once you have picked up the bounty's trail, you then have to track them down.

Just another thought. I'm pretty sure (hoping) we will have bounties placed on our own heads too. Similar to RDR. That'll make things interesting. "Watch your back Jack".

waxmuppet
  • waxmuppet

Commander of Los Santos Police Department

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 22:26)

Why do you doubt what has been confirmed?

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

If GTA V's gonna include dragging bodies and stuffing them into trunks, I'm gonna have lots of fun playing this damn game.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Bounty hunting is like the no.1 side mission that GTA should've had but never did. I'm lovin' it!
I hope it brings more non-lethal ways to deal with npc's, that's always fun. I hope you can make people move and do stuff by pointing guns at them, that would work for the heists as well.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 22:38)
Very good point. I bet you're right, we will get handcuffs. Hopefully the trunks are usable. But if not you could just put them in the back of his pick-up. or in the passenger seats. Not sure that we'll be allowed to kill them though, given the modern setting. Maybe you'll get a non-lethal weapon to use.

Agree about them not always being there. It was too easy in IV with police computer just telling you ''hey here's that criminal who we didn't yet catch, he's eating a cheeseburger at the Burger Shot with three of his friends and they're talking about buying some more fries at the moment''.

It should have something like that, last known location or last seen at.. XXX... we get there, sometimes we catch them there, sometimes we must interrogate neighbors (kick their ass) who may tell us: ''he went there'' or ''he comes home at 8 usually'' so we come back at 8 and get their ass.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (waxmuppet @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 20:07)
QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 22:26)

Why do you doubt what has been confirmed?

Cause the was not a single word about it. Especially in this forum

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (Watts78 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 22:10)

Do you remember which episode?

Also in RDR you were able to tie people up and lay them on the tracks for Train-kill lol. But if the trunk is an option, is bounding them with duct tape, rope, or handcuffs ruled out? I wouldn't be surprised if kidnapping is a native function in the game (it won't be just tied to mini games) seeing as how in RDR once you got the lasso, you could string anyone up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users