I think I have a coke addiction.

39 replies to this topic
The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

Apart from making you fat, Coke has the same effect on teeth and gums as methamphetamine. The only good thing about coke is that sometimes it can help with stomachache. But so can the mineral water. But unlike mineral water, Coke's nutritional value is nonexistent. It's bottled poison. Diet or otherwise.

Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

When nothing goes right, go left.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Werebot85 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 14:40)
I used to have a coke addiction long ago, but then one day I just stopped drinking it, and today I can't stand the taste of it. Best decision I've ever made if you ask me ...

+1

I was more hooked on Dr Pepper, but they're all as bad as each other. Helped me shed a few pounds staying away from fizzy drinks. All I drink now is Water, Milk and Tea. Rarely ever feel sluggish or bloated unlike I did when drinking DP/Coke.

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• The Yardies
  • Lesotho

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

I drink up to 2L a day of anything, whether it be coke, pepsi, dr pepper....and so on.

But I often buy 2L of water or something a lot healthier. It's easier to switch from soda to water than you think, trust me, then I just have a big bottle of coke or something at the weekend for a treat.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

When you say Coke, are you meaning in a general sense, or do you mean the actual drink "Coca Cola?" I'm saying that because I refer to all soft drinks in general as "Coke." lol.gif

If you mean the actual drink, I think I do too, but not as bad as you. I just drink like 3 or 4 cans a day, and not near enough water. I am slowly cutting myself back from it. I would like it to be as minimal as possible, if not at all.

At least you weren't like me back when I was like 9 or 10 and had a huge Mountain Dew addiction. I would literally drink over a case a day. It was really bad, but I have quit it pretty much all together. I will from time to time drink one of the Mountain Dew Voltages if I see it in a gas station or something.

I am slowly but surely doing my weight loss program. I am already losing a little bit in my face and stomach. I had a health scare the other morning, as I thought I was having a heart attack. I thought my heart (at the time) was hurting and I got real worried and then got real shaky and dizzy. Me being the dumbass I am, thought that what was actually hurting was my heart, when it was actually some gas up in my rib area (right under my left pectoral.) My aunt, who is a doctor, told me this, so now I know where my heart actually is! suicidal.gif

I really don't eat a lot, my main problem is hardly no exercise. I get so caught up in my Computer and my music, that I rarely get outside and do anything. So I am doing a daily walking routine for at least 30 minutes, along with helping my dad work on various stuff. I actually just got back from helping him work on a motorcycle of his. Maybe later if I go through successfully with this, I will update you on my progress. icon14.gif

To the OP, just try to slowly cut back on it, and in the end, if you just absolutely have to have it, maybe try to limit yourself to a can of Coke a day. icon14.gif

Edit: To the people who actually read this, thank you. I just realized this is my 1,900th post. biggrin.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 16:41)
When you say Coke, are you meaning in a general sense, or do you mean the actual drink "Coca Cola?" I'm saying that because I refer to all soft drinks in general as "Coke." lol.gif

Yeah, that's a southern thing. icon14.gif or just a Georgia thing.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

Don't give up your caffeine addiction, but you really may want to consider giving up your sugar(or artificial) sweetened beverages.

How are you with coffee? And hey, those 5 hour energy shot types of drinks aren't bad for sugar free caffeine delivery.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

A. f*ck

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 16:50)

Yeah and it drives me nuts. In Michigan its called "pop" on the west coast its "soda" and somehow down south everything is "Coke".

So I am workin' with a dude from Louisiana and I tell him I'm making a run to the vending machine, we had both been workin our asses off so I offer to spot him a dollar for a drink. He says "I'll have a coke" So what do I bring the guy? A f*ckin' Coca-Cola. He looks at me and says "man, I wanted a Sprite. People say they want a coke and you are supposed to ask what flavor!" I then began to explain to him how that was the most retarded thing I had ever heard and told him he could get his own f*cking pop from now on.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (What!? @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 22:06)

Yeah and it drives me nuts. In Michigan its called "pop" on the west coast its "soda" and somehow down south everything is "Coke".

So I am workin' with a dude from Louisiana and I tell him I'm making a run to the vending machine, we had both been workin our asses off so I offer to spot him a dollar for a drink. He says "I'll have a coke" So what do I bring the guy? A f*ckin' Coca-Cola. He looks at me and says "man, I wanted a Sprite. People say they want a coke and you are supposed to ask what flavor!" I then began to explain to him how that was the most retarded thing I had ever heard and told him he could get his own f*cking pop from now on.

Me and GunWrath are from Georgia... lol

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (What!? @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 18:06)

Yeah, when I was living on the road the sign we used when selling soda was reversible. For the mid west it read "cold pop", for the east and west coast it read "cold soda" .

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

I don't think you're supposed to drink the coke... you snort it tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users