Photo

Add another cop

3 replies to this topic
maurice16
  • maurice16

Modder to the Maxx

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

I've played gta 4 on my ps3 before and I love not having to see the same people over and over. My question is that if it is possible, can I have 2 different cops, like in gta 4. I want to have like a black cop and a white cop in gta vc. Is there a way to replace a pedestrian and give him properties of a police man, so he works and pursuits like police?

serabella
  • serabella

Noob scripter

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

I don't know if it works for VC but for SA, I use the ped editor for that.

maurice16
  • maurice16

Modder to the Maxx

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

God! Why dont developers make multi platform tools for gta3,vc,and sa. They practically the same filesystems. thanks anyway

Jabhacksoul
  • Jabhacksoul

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (maurice16 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 10:43)
God! Why dont developers make multi platform tools for gta3,vc,and sa. They practically the same filesystems. thanks anyway

LoL, If I was in charge of making a new GTA @ Rockstar...

I would include a mission editor, a ped editor, a simple model and texture editor. They know we are going to mod our games but they want to remain safe behind a butt shield. I don't want to debate the issue, but modding a game such as GTA is outside the EULA (games that don't have editors). Why not include an editor, when games like Elder Scrolls (Morrwind, Oblivion, and Skyrim), Ureal, etc. already do?

We have to remember that Rockstar got sued over content revealed by the "unofficial patch" made by Patrick Wildenborg. I don't believe Pat is to blame since basically he just discovered content and said, "Look at what I found!". I tend to place the blame for that on two parties, the lawyers who used this as a political platform and the lazy developer at Rockstar who didn't completely remove the content when told by his bosses. They just turned it off instead.

Modding this game or any other with 3rd party software, is a gray area (always has been and always will be) Rockstar has their butt shield in place and they won't be dropping their pants anytime soon. Some people here may disagree but that is fact not fiction. Meanwhile other game companies allow you to mod and redistribute the mods you make to the game. For example; EA Spore is nothing but modding, without it there wouldn't be a game.

So to answer your question, the modding tools used are 3rd party software and not made by the developer. If they were made by Rockstar, it would have a point and click system and fancy GUI. Yes they are the same game engine with tiny variations and enhancements. It is the enhancements to the San Adreas engine that makes it less compatible with Vice City.

If you want to understand the world of modding and definitions of types of mods you can read this wiki page.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users