Photo

Car Impound

57 replies to this topic
7sup
  • 7sup

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:34 AM

According to an interview with a member of Rockstar north when you leave a car (don't know if the car needs to be customize or you need to own the car), even if its damage, the car is not lost, actually it's send to an impound, where you can go an look for it, and pay the fee to get it back.
But he didn't said if this also works when the car is destroyed. What do you guys think? Get it back or it's lost.

i leave the link to the interview: GTA 5 o'clock: EXCLUSIVE Interview with Rockstar: Grand Theft Auto 5

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

I don't know what to think about this... I would rather lose the car if I leave it, just like in GTA IV. It forces you to take better care of the car if you really enjoy/need it.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 00:37)
I don't know what to think about this... I would rather lose the car if I leave it, just like in GTA IV. It forces you to take better care of the car if you really enjoy/need it.

What you said doesn't sound very logical.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 04:37)

The point made in the interview was what if your tires are shot out or something along those lines, it would be a pain in the ass to drive it back to a garage in such a case, especially considering shot out tires will probably have a more severe effect than they did in IV. I think the whole compound thing is a good feature!

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:40 AM

Sometimes you're forced to leave it though, and it's nice to know that you can actually use your modded personal vehicles in missions and tense situations without fear that you'll lose it forever. And since you have to pay for it to get it back, there's still an incentive to keep from just destroying it.

7sup
  • 7sup

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

Well guessing everyone saw the video, customizing the car can be really expensive, and you can also spend your money on fast cars (more $$$), if I'm spending a heavy amount of money, and probably time customizing a car, i do want to know that car is not going to last just a ride.

Sept17th2013
  • Sept17th2013

White-skinned N-word.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

If you destroy it you gotta ram it to a garage or use health cheat before it explodes.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 04:40)

Sometimes you're forced to leave it though, and it's nice to know that you can actually use your modded personal vehicles in missions and tense situations without fear that you'll lose it forever. And since you have to pay for it to get it back, there's still an incentive to keep from just destroying it.

Yeah, that's true. It actually happens a lot... And I didn't know you had to pay for it to get it back. That actually makes sense. I was under the impression that you can just pick it up and it would be good as new like nothing happened to it...

QUOTE (Distrom @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 04:38)
QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 00:37)

What you said doesn't sound very logical.

No one else has a problem understanding it... sigh.gif

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:45 AM

In IV it was annoying because I'd always be too scared to drive a nice car that had been parked outside my apartment for a while, some times your forced to leave it and who wants to leave there infernus behind? No one! Now take that infernus and pimp it out to the max like you can in V and then you definitely wont want to be leaving it behind. taking all this into account I think compounds are a great feature.

Wuggatus
  • Wuggatus

Somewhere stuck between joyful and peachy.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:45 AM

Probably even after blown up, but maybe fore like 2 - 3 times more for a fee.

2spooky4u
  • 2spooky4u

Mayor of LS

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:46 AM

That's great. Then the rare vehicles I get, then fly through the window of while driving (and die) can finally come home.

oblivionskate
  • oblivionskate

Ghettotech

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (Sept17th2013 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 04:42)
If you destroy it you gotta ram it to a garage or use health cheat before it explodes.

ramming your car into your garage. memories cookie.gif

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:49 AM

It will be really nice not to constantly lose your favorite car after searching hours for it icon14.gif

2spooky4u
  • 2spooky4u

Mayor of LS

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

One of my favorite features in GTA IV multiplayer is that when you are playing in an area like Francis International Airport, and you get out of your car to switch another one, and you go to another section of Francis International Airport, and your car gets damaged severely, you can go back to your old car and it's still there and on (if nobody has stolen it yet) because the way your cars get lost in that game depends on the people in the area, if you're Luis and you stop a car in front of your house (like a sexy as hell tampa) and you need to move your other car out of the lot so it doesnt conflict with the save, you can go save and then move the car out of the lot because you are within 100 steps of your parking space, or wherever you stopped your car. I think it's a system that's kinda flawed because your car will get lost if you go away from it on singleplayer no matter if you're just 101 steps away from it or something like that (i don't know if it's 100), you will lose it. CTW and SA were even worse about this. Cars disappeared like nobody's business.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (Wuggatus @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 04:45)

It would make sense for the price of the fee to be related to how much damage was done to the car before having to abandon it.

7sup
  • 7sup

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 04:57)

It would make sense for the price of the fee to be related to how much damage was done to the car before having to abandon it.

But that's only if they repair your car, maybe they just retrieve your car and give back just as you leave it

BCLunatic
  • BCLunatic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:00 AM

You spend money on a car just to joyride? Take it back to your garage when you are ready to do a mission? F*ck that. I love this new feature.

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

im pretty curious about this as well. i dont really see an impound being able to retrieve a destroyed car (blown up)... i would like them too, because sometimes sh*t happens. police chase shooting up the car, enemy gang territory, drive off a cliff, etc. overall i really like this feature... in all GTA games, i would save a car, but almost never use it for fear of losing it in some way shape or form. now we have a backup measure if this does happen for whatever reason.

im also curious how this will work. does the car have to be customized? will the impound only hold so many cars, and with each new one, the very last one gets knocked off the board? maybe it will be week-based since days are returning this time around, having whatever car you left on saturday show up on the saturday tab.

BCLunatic
  • BCLunatic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:07 AM Edited by BCLunatic, 12 July 2013 - 05:14 AM.

QUOTE (ryan_J @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 04:39)

The point made in the interview was what if your tires are shot out or something along those lines, it would be a pain in the ass to drive it back to a garage in such a case, especially considering shot out tires will probably have a more severe effect than they did in IV. I think the whole compound thing is a good feature!

Lol. Actually, he simply said that if you leave your car somewhere it will get impounded.
He did, however, make a seperate point about the benefits of certain customizations. Such as, bullet proof tires aiding your escapes in mission. Like when cops shoot the tires......
Sorry I couldn't double quote in my last post.
On a different note...I would not be surprised if R* would help you recover damaged/destroyed vehicles. Most of us hated to spend money on cars just to joyride or lose on a mission.
The logic? We can rebuild cars in RL and have salvage titles, right? So, why not go to the shop to find your car has been towed in? Simply pay the mechanic and have the car restored to its previous condition. Ta-da.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (7sup @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 05:00)
QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 04:57)

But that's only if they repair your car, maybe they just retrieve your car and give back just as you leave it

I'll assume that they do, since part of the reason they do this is because if your vehicle gets too damaged, you can't exactly drive it to a LS Customs to get it repaired. So it has to get repaired at the impound.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (BCLunatic @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 05:07)

Lol. Actually, he simply said that if you leave your car somewhere it will get impounded.
He did, however, make a seperate point about the benefits of certain customizations. Such as, bullet proof tires aiding your escapes in mission. Like when cops shoot the tires......
Sorry I couldn't double quote in my last post.

You're wrong, the interviewers exact words were "What would happen is you had a car that was really really pimped up, but someone shot the tyres out and you couldn't drive it back to the garage?"

You should listen before you try disprove what I'm saying.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:15 AM

So, what if the car's destroyed? Will it be sent to impound, or is it gone forever? Cool feature nonetheless icon14.gif

TBone1977
  • TBone1977

jokerpro69 pixelhunter97

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:20 AM

There is towing service available

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (BCLunatic @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 05:00)

You spend money on a car just to joyride?

Hell yeah cool.gif

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:36 AM

I'd do the same thing (customizing and perfecting a car for the sake my free-roam driving around), but I'd like to be able to use them for missions as well if I had the choice. Luckily it appears that we do in V, but it would have been impractical in IV if it had car customization but not this feature.

THEREALRIK
  • THEREALRIK

REAL RECOGNIZE REAL

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

Question is: can you purchase the impound and get your cars out for free or even make money on impounding other cars.

BCLunatic
  • BCLunatic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (THEREALRIK @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 05:44)
Question is: can you purchase the impound and get your cars out for free or even make money on impounding other cars.

Great question. That would be awesome. Make money and get free stuff smile.gif

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (2spooky4u @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 04:46)
That's great. Then the rare vehicles I get, then fly through the window of while driving (and die) can finally come home.

YES. I hated that, getting ejected from a vehicle, splattering my brains on a brick wall, and losing that beautiful Bullet GT forever... :'(

mrsurferdude
  • mrsurferdude

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (7sup @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 04:41)
Well guessing everyone saw the video, customizing the car can be really expensive, and you can also spend your money on fast cars (more $$$), if I'm spending a heavy amount of money, and probably time customizing a car, i do want to know that car is not going to last just a ride.

icon14.gif

I usually have a set of cars i MUST have and then i steal everything else to crash and burn through missions, so the point of customizing cars FOR the mission is going to be a pain for me but a nice change of pace.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

I really like the idea.

If I throw down a hundred grand on buying a realitively nice car, and another fifty grand, maybe more modifying it, I want to know that if I park it to go grab a bite to eat, or if I have to ditch it for a mission, that it won’t just up and vanish into the mystical void. I mean now I can use modified vehicles during missions more often which is just great.

I also hope we can just go, and take it back from the impound for a wanted level, because this is GTA, and f*ck paying bills. That said I'm fine if we have to pay as well (hell I'd most likely pay it now and then even if we can steal it) without the option of stealing it.

It'd also be awesome if we can come back and find it being towed, but I doubt that, but it'd be funny.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users