Photo

Unhandled exception

14 replies to this topic
Giovanni8743
  • Giovanni8743

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

Vice City worked fine before, but suddenly it didn't. The first weird thing is that in the pause menu, the "start new game" option turned into "game" for no reason. I tried starting a new game and it blackscreened. Now, when I try to run Vice City, it gives me this:
Unhandled Exception c0000005
At Address 006f6330

Please help!

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

You said in the other thread that you're using mods. Well, I suggest you remove all mods you have, delete the gta_vc.set file located in the Vice City User Files folder, un-install and re-install the game if needed, and don't re-install those mods again. I don't know what kind of mods you have, but if they are bugged, get rid of them right away. You already said anyway that the game loaded just fine when you weren't using mods in the other topic.

Where do you have the game from? Are you using any cracks?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:03 PM Edited by Spuds725, 12 July 2013 - 12:06 PM.

Using the search for that unhandled exception "number" I found this... certainly worth a try (assuming the problem isn't mods)

http://www.gtaforums...681&hl=006f6330

Are you running this on the PC that has the specs shown in your sig??

Just wondering as I don't recall anyone posting anything (problems or sucesses) running VC using windows 8 yet.... and not sure if you can apply the fix I linked to using windows 8 or not.

Good luck...

Giovanni8743
  • Giovanni8743

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:23 PM Edited by Giovanni8743, 12 July 2013 - 03:47 PM.

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 05:03)
Using the search for that unhandled exception "number" I found this... certainly worth a try (assuming the problem isn't mods)

http://www.gtaforums...681&hl=006f6330

Tried that already, that won't help.

And yes, those specs apply to my pc.

EDIT: I have tried reinstalling the game CLEAN, deleting the .set file, adding gta-vc to the DEP exception list, and still it gives me the exact same error.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Then something wrong with the game itself. Can you please answer me these questions?

QUOTE (miromiro @ Jul 12 2013, 10:30)

Besides, you stated in the other topic that you had mods interfering. Are you sure you've completely removed them correctly? You know, if it's a file-replacing mod, remove the modded file and put the original one back (in case you backed it up), or simply re-install the game. If it's an installer, it should also have an uninstaller. If it's not in the directory, then it's in the Control Panel at Remove Programs (no idea how it is in Windows 8, but it should be similar). Also, when does the error take place? While trying to load a save file? It could be the case that the save itself is still modded, thus you might need to start a new game...

Giovanni8743
  • Giovanni8743

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 09:04)
Then something wrong with the game itself. Can you please answer me these questions?

QUOTE (miromiro @ Jul 12 2013, 10:30)

Besides, you stated in the other topic that you had mods interfering. Are you sure you've completely removed them correctly? You know, if it's a file-replacing mod, remove the modded file and put the original one back (in case you backed it up), or simply re-install the game. If it's an installer, it should also have an uninstaller. If it's not in the directory, then it's in the Control Panel at Remove Programs (no idea how it is in Windows 8, but it should be similar). Also, when does the error take place? While trying to load a save file? It could be the case that the save itself is still modded, thus you might need to start a new game...

The Game is bought, with no cracks. I used ONE Cleo mod. In my other topic, I said that the error occurred when I tried to load my savegame, (meaning it's corrupt) so I started over with a fresh savegame to prevent that. But this is worse, because it happens when I try to load Vice City itself.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

Then get rid of that ONE Cleo mod. I can't confirm, but I can tell that there's a high possibility that that single Cleo mod could cause the error. Re-installing the game won't help, since the mod itself, if it brings bonus files, won't be removed. I suggest you get rid of any mods you have, delete them all, remove the gta_vc.set file, completely un-install Vice City and do a fresh install, preferably in a different location.

Try to use Revo Uninstaller to get rid of Vice City, it surely removes every single thing related to it on your PC. icon14.gif

Giovanni8743
  • Giovanni8743

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 13:13)
Then get rid of that ONE Cleo mod. I can't confirm, but I can tell that there's a high possibility that that single Cleo mod could cause the error. Re-installing the game won't help, since the mod itself, if it brings bonus files, won't be removed. I suggest you get rid of any mods you have, delete them all, remove the gta_vc.set file, completely un-install Vice City and do a fresh install, preferably in a different location.

Try to use Revo Uninstaller to get rid of Vice City, it surely removes every single thing related to it on your PC. icon14.gif

Tried everything you said, didnt work sad.gif Well, i guess im screwed suicidal.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Have you tried doing a system restore to prior the installation of VC?

Can you give us a timeline of everything you have done and when the game did what... I don't want the times, I just care about the order.... I'm finding it a little hard to follow the sequence of events between this thread and the other.

ie...

INstalled game-- (game ran ok)
Installed cleo mod--
reinstalled game-.....

etc..

Also-- which Mod did you install-- what exactly does it do (provide a link to its description)-- did it include a .set file???

Does your video card support 640x480 resolution (VC's native resolution)... if not please check out problem #31 and it's solution...

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=188753

If the .set file was included with the mod then it would have gotten you past the native resolution check....

Honestly--- just guessing at your problem/solution at this point....

Spuds

Giovanni8743
  • Giovanni8743

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:23 PM Edited by Giovanni8743, 13 July 2013 - 03:57 PM.

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 07:57)
Have you tried doing a system restore to prior the installation of VC?

Can you give us a timeline of everything you have done and when the game did what... I don't want the times, I just care about the order.... I'm finding it a little hard to follow the sequence of events between this thread and the other.

ie...

INstalled game-- (game ran ok)
Installed cleo mod--
reinstalled game-.....

etc..

Also-- which Mod did you install-- what exactly does it do (provide a link to its description)-- did it include a .set file???

Does your video card support 640x480 resolution (VC's native resolution)... if not please check out problem #31 and it's solution...

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=188753

If the .set file was included with the mod then it would have gotten you past the native resolution check....

Honestly--- just guessing at your problem/solution at this point....

Spuds

Mod that I used:
www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=475360

Doesn't Cleo also come with Multisave.cs? Im wondering if that is the cause. EDIT: Also have this mod (forgot about it):www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=22234

OK, after I fixed everything in my other thread, I started playing for a while perfectly. When I decided to install a new mod (the mod that I linked to), I backed up my savegame. When things went wrong, I kept trying to fix it but nothing will. I'll try system restore.

My graphics card DOES support that resolution, when I started Vice City before with no .set file, it switched to 640x480 and ran fine.

Giovanni8743
  • Giovanni8743

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

UGH!! Even System Restore won't help! Can one of you download Cleo for Vice City and install it on a blank folder so you can check Multisave.cs, and also check the two other mods I linked to. Otherwise my last option is to play on mobile.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (Giovanni8743 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 14:07)
Can one of you download Cleo for Vice City and install it on a blank folder so you can check Multisave.cs, and also check the two other mods I linked to.

Why can't you do this?

Giovanni8743
  • Giovanni8743

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 16:25)
QUOTE (Giovanni8743 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 14:07)
Can one of you download Cleo for Vice City and install it on a blank folder so you can check Multisave.cs, and also check the two other mods I linked to.

Why can't you do this?

I can't read code or just crack open any of the mods, because I don't know how to. Do you know?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Nope-- you might want to ask about this stuff in the modding section-- it makes absolutely no sense (to me) that reinstalling the game would not fix any issue resulting from a mod.

I've done next to no modding (other then demarest's code tools which technically are NOT mods)

(Sorry for late response-- this thread fell off my radar)

Giovanni8743
  • Giovanni8743

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

It's alright, thanks for trying to help. I'll ask in the modding section.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users