204 replies to this topic
DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

My best guess at it:

Protags: One, highly customizable
Content: Even crazier than GTA V (less "realism") for the sake of having more to add. More in-depth RPG mechanics.
Online: Closer to an mmo than GTA V, maybe 64 players IF they somehow manage to get more than 16 on GTA V (who knows what they could do on the ps4)
Era: 70s. Modern day has been overdone by them.
Universe: Hopefully they revisit the III universe, but most likely it'll be the HD universe.

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

Yes, they can. First step is next-gen more room for technical thingys and details. Also they will come up with a new story and awesome character like they did before.

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:02 AM Edited by PHOENIXZERO, 12 July 2013 - 09:07 AM.

QUOTE (saintsrow @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 01:16)
So I started reading this thread and from the title I thought it was going to be a discussion asking how Rockstar can possibly outdo themselves after GTAV.   But it's just a discussion about which locale for next GTA.  There have already been threads about that. 

The real issue is, will the population of next gen consoles, plus the remains of the PC desktop market, have enough gamers to support a game design as massive as GTA V again? 

We are at an inflection point in gaming.  The blockbuster games are getting too expensive to produce.  The entire population of gamers has to retool to new expensive platforms, and the greed of the media content providers may kill the next gen console market with microtransactions and subscriptions.  If the market is not big enough, there will never be a game bigger and better than GTAV.  That's what I'm worried about.

The cost increase isn't going to be anywhere close to the jump from last generation to the current. Plus certain aspects of development are going to come down due to the "simplicity" of the platforms (XBO, PS4 and PC) and their sharing the same basic architecture, especially with how that will affect development times. A lot of developers also already create their assets as a much high resolution than what is required and just scale them down, especially with the PS3 and XB360.

Micro-transactions have little to do with the cost of development and more about maximizing profits, even if a game is low cost to produce they'd still do it. Eventually they'll lay off from it as people stop buying those things or there's a backlash. There's already been plenty of games released that are bigger than GTA V, better is a matter we have no idea of yet since we haven't played it nor do we know what's coming next generation.

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 21:57)

The problem is that Multiplatforms won't use that power , they're not gonna use it if someone pays them to (Microsoft) ; Battlefield 4 , EA said that the
Xbox One version will be the best console version to play on , assuming that Microsoft paid them to make the PS4 version look sh*t , there are also a rumor saying that Microsoft will change it's specs (the rumor is from an inside employee so it could be possible) , Microsoft also is rearranging it self saying that there will be some advancement on there products (could be the Xbox One advancement)

Do you actually think Microsoft is actually going to pay publishers to gimp their games and that they'll go along with it? It's not going to happen, there are too many negative issues involved with this. EA was doing PR for MS, they have a DLC deal similar to MS's deal with Activision over DLC for CoD. That has nothing to do with sabotaging the PS4 version of a game, that would be DISASTROUS for EA to try and do that and bad for any developer when people see PS4 exclusives that could visually blow away their games, especially when there's no longer legitimate excuses like the PS3's issues. Oh and for the record, BF4 wasn't running on XBO hardware at E3, it was running on PCs that were much more powerful than the XBO. http://bf4central.co...ttlefield-4-pc/ This isn't a uncommon practice as misleading as it is.

If developers have easy access to resources those resources will not go unused. This idea of "lowest common denominator" parity is pure BS, it's never worked that way and it isn't going to work that way this generation. With many games likely using the PC as the lead platform and scaling down to the PS4 and XBO there's literally nothing stopping devs from getting the most out of the PS4 and XBO's hardware. Early on it's not going to be a big difference because development is still built around the PS3 and XB360 (even still, there are SIMPLE things that can be done and will be done that take next to zero work to implement) but once they're completely out of the way in a couple years and are no longer factored into the design process you're going to see a major increase in how games look and the difference between the PS4 and XBO is going to get more apparent. With the shared architecture making porting basically a cake walk compared to this generation you can basically look at multi-platform games like a PC release with various graphical settings. That's for a good part how the differences will be eventually.

That rumor wasn't from a MS employee, it's from some one on B3Dwith "sources" claiming it may happen but it's bogus and it all reads like fanboy wishful thinking which a large part of the topic has turned into. It's far too late for MS to make any significant changes, such adding another 4GB of RAM to a already designed mobo that's likely in production as I type. The parts for both consoles are already being produced in preparation of assembly and there's simply too many complexities involved for doing something like adding another 8 4GBit RAM modules to a motherboard that has no place for them. If they were going to do it they would have done it two or three months ago. And before someone brings up the myth of a "last minute" RAM increase for the XB360 that wasn't actually last minute, the decision was made well before release to bump the memory up to 512MB and before the specs of the console were put out back in May 2005.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

Why do you guys think with the new generation of consoles, GTA V to the next title will be like SA to IV? I doubt very much Rockstar will abandon the RAGE now.

It's not like they need a new engine anyways. The graphics between this generation and the next generation isn't going to be such a big jump like the past few generations. We've seen Rockstar develop a game for the PC (Max Payne 3's PC Version), and the PS4/Xbox1 are going to have an x86 architecture very similar to PCs. The RAGE is very capable of producing high-end graphics. This generation devs aren't going to be focusing on graphics as much since there won't be a huge difference like last time. They'll be focusing more on things like gameplay: physics, AI, map sizes - things like that.

Rockstar doesn't need to scrap the RAGE.

bmg1001
  • bmg1001

Buzzard Buzzer

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

GTA 6 is too far for me to guess. But why GTA 6? I think it might end up like GTA 3, where it has offsprings, like Vice and San Andreas. I think GTA 5 will have Vice City and a new city offspring.

juankair
  • juankair

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

GRAND
THEFT
AUTO
VICE
City
]

soun d cool?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

I think the ultimate plan for the HD era is to build towards the definitive GTA world including all past American GTA cities i.e. Liberty City, Los Santos, Las Venturas, San Fierro and Vice City. In order to improve on GTA V's map size they will have to include surrounding cities in addition to those mentioned however i.e for Vice City they would need to include several cities in South Florida and for San Fierro they would need to include other cities in the San Francisco Bay Area. Las Venturas is sort of on it's own in the Desert though so probably the best way to include it would either be as an expansion of GTA V or not at all.

I think Vice City would be a good next step after V but they would kind of need to set it in the 80s again in order to make it interesting. Next Gen consoles could work wonders on the area's tropical scenery however so either way it would be visually amazing. San Fierro is also kind of uninteresting in a way but in terms of map size it would be a logical progression. I think the only way to really outdo GTA V would be to have all cities in one game but I think it could still be another generation before this is possible. On the other hand what they could do is turn the series into an MMO game and simply create the cities without a story or missions and just allow players to travel around America f*cking sh*t up.

SuarezEvra
  • SuarezEvra

GTA Veteran, Playing since GTA 1

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 23:40)
I think the ultimate plan for the HD era is to build towards the definitive GTA world including all past American GTA cities i.e. Liberty City, Los Santos, Las Venturas, San Fierro and Vice City. In order to improve on GTA V's map size they will have to include surrounding cities in addition to those mentioned however i.e for Vice City they would need to include several cities in South Florida and for San Fierro they would need to include other cities in the San Francisco Bay Area. Las Venturas is sort of on it's own in the Desert though so probably the best way to include it would either be as an expansion of GTA V or not at all.

I think Vice City would be a good next step after V but they would kind of need to set it in the 80s again in order to make it interesting. Next Gen consoles could work wonders on the area's tropical scenery however so either way it would be visually amazing. San Fierro is also kind of uninteresting in a way but in terms of map size it would be a logical progression. I think the only way to really outdo GTA V would be to have all cities in one game but I think it could still be another generation before this is possible. On the other hand what they could do is turn the series into an MMO game and simply create the cities without a story or missions and just allow players to travel around America f*cking sh*t up.

Thanks yeah, i guess your right,, calmed my fears and i see a future for GTA after V lol..
People have come up with some gd stuff

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (PHOENIXZERO @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 09:02)
QUOTE (saintsrow @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 01:16)
So I started reading this thread and from the title I thought it was going to be a discussion asking how Rockstar can possibly outdo themselves after GTAV.   But it's just a discussion about which locale for next GTA.  There have already been threads about that. 

The real issue is, will the population of next gen consoles, plus the remains of the PC desktop market, have enough gamers to support a game design as massive as GTA V again? 

We are at an inflection point in gaming.  The blockbuster games are getting too expensive to produce.  The entire population of gamers has to retool to new expensive platforms, and the greed of the media content providers may kill the next gen console market with microtransactions and subscriptions.  If the market is not big enough, there will never be a game bigger and better than GTAV.  That's what I'm worried about.

The cost increase isn't going to be anywhere close to the jump from last generation to the current. Plus certain aspects of development are going to come down due to the "simplicity" of the platforms (XBO, PS4 and PC) and their sharing the same basic architecture, especially with how that will affect development times. A lot of developers also already create their assets as a much high resolution than what is required and just scale them down, especially with the PS3 and XB360.

Micro-transactions have little to do with the cost of development and more about maximizing profits, even if a game is low cost to produce they'd still do it. Eventually they'll lay off from it as people stop buying those things or there's a backlash. There's already been plenty of games released that are bigger than GTA V, better is a matter we have no idea of yet since we haven't played it nor do we know what's coming next generation.

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 21:57)

The problem is that Multiplatforms won't use that power , they're not gonna use it if someone pays them to (Microsoft) ; Battlefield 4 , EA said that the
Xbox One version will be the best console version to play on , assuming that Microsoft paid them to make the PS4 version look sh*t , there are also a rumor saying that Microsoft will change it's specs (the rumor is from an inside employee so it could be possible) , Microsoft also is rearranging it self saying that there will be some advancement on there products (could be the Xbox One advancement)

Do you actually think Microsoft is actually going to pay publishers to gimp their games and that they'll go along with it? It's not going to happen, there are too many negative issues involved with this. EA was doing PR for MS, they have a DLC deal similar to MS's deal with Activision over DLC for CoD. That has nothing to do with sabotaging the PS4 version of a game, that would be DISASTROUS for EA to try and do that and bad for any developer when people see PS4 exclusives that could visually blow away their games, especially when there's no longer legitimate excuses like the PS3's issues. Oh and for the record, BF4 wasn't running on XBO hardware at E3, it was running on PCs that were much more powerful than the XBO. http://bf4central.co...ttlefield-4-pc/ This isn't a uncommon practice as misleading as it is.

If developers have easy access to resources those resources will not go unused. This idea of "lowest common denominator" parity is pure BS, it's never worked that way and it isn't going to work that way this generation. With many games likely using the PC as the lead platform and scaling down to the PS4 and XBO there's literally nothing stopping devs from getting the most out of the PS4 and XBO's hardware. Early on it's not going to be a big difference because development is still built around the PS3 and XB360 (even still, there are SIMPLE things that can be done and will be done that take next to zero work to implement) but once they're completely out of the way in a couple years and are no longer factored into the design process you're going to see a major increase in how games look and the difference between the PS4 and XBO is going to get more apparent. With the shared architecture making porting basically a cake walk compared to this generation you can basically look at multi-platform games like a PC release with various graphical settings. That's for a good part how the differences will be eventually.

That rumor wasn't from a MS employee, it's from some one on B3Dwith "sources" claiming it may happen but it's bogus and it all reads like fanboy wishful thinking which a large part of the topic has turned into. It's far too late for MS to make any significant changes, such adding another 4GB of RAM to a already designed mobo that's likely in production as I type. The parts for both consoles are already being produced in preparation of assembly and there's simply too many complexities involved for doing something like adding another 8 4GBit RAM modules to a motherboard that has no place for them. If they were going to do it they would have done it two or three months ago. And before someone brings up the myth of a "last minute" RAM increase for the XB360 that wasn't actually last minute, the decision was made well before release to bump the memory up to 512MB and before the specs of the console were put out back in May 2005.

It was running on an environmental PC , not a high ended PC , the only game that ran on high ended PC was LocoCycle , if you were at E3 , you would've saw that there running it an environmental PC ; Ryse , Killer Instinct and Forza 5 were running on the Xbox One , this proves it (I know it's a forum but it have proof) ; forzacentral.com/forum/threads/xbox-one-games-did-not-run-on-high-end-pcs-at-e3.39428/

MasterToothDecayer
  • MasterToothDecayer

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 15:40)

I have a dream that, since GTA V's map will likely be entirely a mandatory download, we might get to see DLC for other cities/areas. Highly unlikely though, I'm sure.

But they did break ground with IV's DLC, so who knows. ph34r.gif

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

Who knows what R* is planning in the next 4 years to come. Hopefully if R* pushed thru the development of GTA VI, hope it's far more better than GTA V in its prime alone.

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

I've been thinking for a while, we need a game set in 70's - 90's London. If not a GTA, then a new IP from Rockstar.

I just love the setting so much; Life On Mars, Lock Stock and The Bank Job are all great examples of the setting. As far as I know, it's a setting never seen in video games, The Getaway is the closest thing I can think of.

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

Most people think its Vice City. They will completely remake Vice City & make it even bigger! Like what they did to Liberty & Santos.
But who knows. Rockstar might surprise us with a remade San Fierro or Las Venturas.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Target13 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 22:01)
Most people think its Vice City. They will completely remake Vice City & make it even bigger! Like what they did to Liberty & Santos.
But who knows. Rockstar might surprise us with a remade San Fierro or Las Venturas.

Because it's one of the cities that many people longed for so far after GTA VC and VCS. Actually I would love to see Vice City in modern era than what people say 80's since it should be following the current era, and far larger than it's current version.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

It is a very long way for Rockstar North to plan on something, insanely huge project FOR the Grand Theft Auto series and I may think it's going to be much ambitious than ever before, since Grand Theft Auto III's historic moment or Grand Theft Auto V's one. biggrin.gif Anyways I've said my word, I cannot wait to play Grand Theft Auto V on September 17th! Just 2 months left to go now, ain't that far eh?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (ainsz @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 14:25)
I've been thinking for a while, we need a game set in 70's - 90's London. If not a GTA, then a new IP from Rockstar.

I just love the setting so much; Life On Mars, Lock Stock and The Bank Job are all great examples of the setting. As far as I know, it's a setting never seen in video games, The Getaway is the closest thing I can think of.

Yeah I would love to see Rockstar or somebody equally as competent make a London based game similar to GTA but not part of the franchise. It's a shame that The Getaway 3 was shelved, I think it would be great if Rockstar took over the project like they did with Red Dead Revolver. They also have a London based studio that still hasn't got any games in their on right so it could be a good project for them to get working on for the next generation given their ease of access to the city.

Vesta987
  • Vesta987

Grand Theft Gamer

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:05 AM

Rockstar will make another GTA. The series is so successful R* has to keep making money and GTA is one of their most successful series. die.gif

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

Las Vegas is a city that I can only imagine them doing in a HD era as a city alongside another larger one. I think in the modern GTA games with the increased verticality it needs to have a good skyline in their main cities, whilst remaining diverse and not too 'grey' with plenty of interesting parody landmarks.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Soldier

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

R* said there won't be big DLC for V, since it's very big by itself. So i think there won't be GTA V: San Fierro & GTA V: Las Venturas. But nobody knows what can happen. The next could be GTA VI, where they'd remake Vice City. After remaking Liberty City & San Andreas, why they wouldn't remake VC? It really deservet it.

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

Chicago and Detroit via surrounding areas

or

Philly, Baltimore, DC area

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:56 AM

There are so many ways they can make a better GTA. I will list 5:

1) Bring back the respect-o-meter from GTA 2. 'nuff said.
2) Have a system where certain shady parts of the city aren't under police watch - if you do a crime nobody cares but the local gangs. I guess this goes along with 1)
3) multiple cities. 3 characters that can go between two totally different locations
4) emphasis on drugs like Chinatown Wars
5) a time element - maybe one setting but two time periods

Mr.Groove Street
  • Mr.Groove Street

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

My thoughts are: for GTA VI OR GTA VII

what i want to see is: A big interactive environment with a lot of activities like GTA V but Rockstar can add a little bit more activities and freedom in the game like for exemple add island cities such as Hawaii
what i was thinking was make a story based on a full continent like south América that hás a lot of sea,rivers,forests,jungles and of course cities and the story could start in Rio de Janeiro Brazil in Rio de Janeiro there are a huge amount of crime like car Jacking drug trafficking etc and what i really want is a easter egg were you can go to The Lost City of Atlantis were you can find treasure and more thanks for your time :)

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

Hmm.... I'm hoping for Seattle (home!) or Hawaiian islands. Sure Los Santos (Los Angeles), Liberty City (New York), and Vice City (Miami) are cool, but they would get repetitive. Naturally Seattle is cool to me and I would love a GTA set in a city based on it but an idea I had was a story set in 30's Chicago with old time gangsters and such.
If Rockstar wants to keep it modern, maybe Houston, Detroit, Seattle & Tacoma, Hawaii or, perhaps most obviously, Las Vegas (Las Venturas in gta) since they don't like setting games outside the U.S..
As they always have, they would need more cars, new music, more weapons and even better characters (normally unlikely but chances are good with Rockstar).

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:58 AM Edited by iKevhawk, 20 October 2013 - 10:59 AM.

I'm going to bet that the reason they don't want to make episodic content is because it doesn't sell as well as their main games do.

Look at GTA V and the massive profits it rolled in. Rockstar clearly sees that sticking a number next to a GTA title sells far better than a few words.

GTA 6 is pretty much assured and I'll be surprised if it isn't their next GTA.

There's plenty of iconic places they could use. Detroit, Vegas, Miami, etc. Not some of the less infamous cities but definitely those ones.

bikerman3
  • bikerman3

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:31 AM

all of america

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users