Photo

Is GTA 6 possible?

204 replies to this topic
dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (ColePhelps @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 00:07)
Gta 6 would be nice if it were in a city with lots of surroundings like Dallas? Or Atlanta?

Id prefer somewhere like the Northwest. Texas and Georgia are flat and boring.

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

Every city in one game that you can fly between. Rockstar have already mentioned that this is something they want to do.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

^^
Actually as far as Texas goes you couldn't be more wrong. I lived in Texas for a while, and while I didn't like living there, I found the place to be quite beautiful and interesting. It has a lot of geography and it's not "flat". Parts of it are, but same thing with most states.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 00:13)
QUOTE (hhamzah99 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 23:54)
QUOTE (SuarezEvra @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 01:53)
I know this is early, and i as much as anyone here cannot wait to get my hands on GTA V but ive been thinking of the next GTA, as R* would as soon as GTAV is shipped lol...

My question/s are these.. I live in London but is there a better GTA environment than Los Santos?

The next gta cant possibly be based in LS again so where would they take the franchise?

R* dont like to go out of america so what would they do?

Vice city is mehh, liberty city is loong gone,, would they make a multiple city map like SA?

A global continental gta world?!!

Please give your thoughts and recomendations because i for one cant think of better GTA

Also how would they improve the game?! It has everything the fans want,,
Better graphics? More realism? How far can the game go?

GTA6=VICE CITY or something completely different smile.gif

I want to see them trying out London or Hawaii , I already know there names ; Hezeii and Londron

London has the unique name of "London" in the GTA universe.

JuanCortez
  • JuanCortez

Vice City

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

London, Miami (Vice City), Las Vegas (Las Venturas)

Where you can fly between those would be a good mix
Also maybe Carcer City

or maybe a 1940's maffia setting although that has been done a lot

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:34 AM

I imagine the next GTA game will be a deep south sort of theme, based upon the south east part of the US, including Vice City in it. If its not that, maybe it will be multiple cities, similar to San Andreas and include SF/LV with some other cities. Maybe it will be based upon the northern area of the US and have a modified Liberty City that has countryside around it.

Cant we just wait for GTA 5 to come out and then talk about GTA 6? Its good to talk about the next GTA so Rockstar knows what we want but let them finish this massive project first.

sufferblind86
  • sufferblind86

Exploring Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 04:29)
^^
Actually as far as Texas goes you couldn't be more wrong. I lived in Texas for a while, and while I didn't like living there, I found the place to be quite beautiful and interesting. It has a lot of geography and it's not "flat". Parts of it are, but same thing with most states.

Very true. I went on vacation to San Antonio back in May and it is actually quite hilly there. Went hiking at Government Canyon, which was very nice (fossilized dinosaur tracks can be found in the creek bed when it is dried up.) The Riverwalk. The Alamo. The Zoo. Went driving around and just looked at everything: city, suburbs, and country. Beautiful city.

I could see them doing a city/area based on several Texan cities and areas.

SeaFoam
  • SeaFoam

I'm pretty average for this town.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

I would like to see San Fierro in the 60's.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:43 AM

I would like a game that takes place in Seattle. Having been born and raised there, it would be incredible to see that portrayed in a GTA game.

2spooky4u
  • 2spooky4u

Mayor of LS

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (Josh410 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 03:45)
QUOTE (2spooky4u @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 03:43)
Why not Philadelphia? This would be a region NO ROCKSTAR GAMES GAME HAS TOUCHED BEFORE. Philadelphia and the state of Pennsylvania is in the northeast region near Liberty City, but why not? It's so close, yet so different.

Include Washington D.C. and baltimore. and their set for a new GTA

Thankfully someone's on my side!

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (NightSpectre @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 04:43)
I would like a game that takes place in Seattle. Having been born and raised there, it would be incredible to see that portrayed in a GTA game.

Yeah like I said a few posts back I suggested the northwest. Sure I may have been a bit wrong with texas, but it still doesnt compare to the Northwest With its mountains and forests and snow lol.

Both Portland or Seattle Would be nice. Both are roughly the same size.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

So I started reading this thread and from the title I thought it was going to be a discussion asking how Rockstar can possibly outdo themselves after GTAV. But it's just a discussion about which locale for next GTA. There have already been threads about that.

The real issue is, will the population of next gen consoles, plus the remains of the PC desktop market, have enough gamers to support a game design as massive as GTA V again?

We are at an inflection point in gaming. The blockbuster games are getting too expensive to produce. The entire population of gamers has to retool to new expensive platforms, and the greed of the media content providers may kill the next gen console market with microtransactions and subscriptions. If the market is not big enough, there will never be a game bigger and better than GTAV. That's what I'm worried about.

DrDucky
  • DrDucky

3 days left!

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:27 AM

theyve always outdone themselves on the major GTAs

1 ---> 2 was pretty similar but it got real good afterwards
2 ---> III
III ---> VC
VC ---> SA
SA ---> IV
IV ---> V

we can probably expect more than just 1 city in the next game
off topic but i wanna see a GTA set in chicago, detroit, or houston inlove.gif

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

Grand Theft Auto Connecticut cool.gif
Pretty small, though...

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 23:55)
It's gonna be just like the jump from San Andreas to IV. Better graphics, better physics, better AI, etc. GTA VI will be their first GTA game on a next gen console, so they have to get familiar with how they work and everything.

So basically, I doubt R* will be beating GTA V with GTA VI feature and story wise. Graphics wise, yes.

Agreed.

GTA6 will merely be a game-engine upgrade. The gameplay upgrade always comes later.

noizewar
  • noizewar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:36 AM

It has been said from the head of Rockstar North "The Benz" that they want to eventually combin vice city, liberty city, and san andreas all in one game.

MajesticNegro
  • MajesticNegro

And on that day, God himself could only watch.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

GTA 6 is going to be amazing for the first couple of months after its release but after that it will get boring and stale, just like IV. GTA 7 will be amazing though. There will probably be rocket ships & f*cking elephants or some random sh*t, like submarines in V.

locolow2011
  • locolow2011

Rock on

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

It would have to be either London or Vice city again, i root for london though, there is a lot of potential for new things and for rockstar to take on a differen culture like the european one, also you get to drive on the left!

Or maybe Chicago or Boston but i doubt it.

2spooky4u
  • 2spooky4u

Mayor of LS

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:49 AM

I hope they do a game set in modern-day Florida, and they do the whole state so my hometown of Jacksonville can get in there (was born in texas but spent 12 years just chillin in jax)

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 05:29)
Grand Theft Auto Connecticut cool.gif
Pretty small, though...

Haha that would be the most boring GTA... I know because I live there. The only cars to steal would be Subarus and Honda CR-Vs.

But I'm expecting GTA6 to be the whole state of Florida (Vice State?). Because VC was originally going to include some of the everglades.

2spooky4u
  • 2spooky4u

Mayor of LS

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (suicidehummer @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 06:02)
But I'm expecting GTA6 to be the whole state of Florida (Vice State?). Because VC was originally going to include some of the everglades.

That would be f*cking awesome. then I could go pass my friends' houses in jacksonville... the friends i no longer talk to because i moved... and i have no friends... and i cant contact my old friends... bahah... cryani.gif

EdgarArellano1
  • EdgarArellano1

Gangsta Squad

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:18 AM

I remember Reading a Article from IGN a while back saying that Dan Houser would love a Chicago Remake.

gtafanny
  • gtafanny

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:57 AM

there's a 50/50 chance of there being a multiple city approach in VI. it seems likely to be based in America yet again though. but i just want it to be in europe

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

i'm pretty confident when I say GTA VI Will be in Vice city, but don't worry it will be a lot bigger then the original map smile.gif

OriZarhiKing5
  • OriZarhiKing5

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (saintsrow @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 05:16)
So I started reading this thread and from the title I thought it was going to be a discussion asking how Rockstar can possibly outdo themselves after GTAV. But it's just a discussion about which locale for next GTA. There have already been threads about that.

The real issue is, will the population of next gen consoles, plus the remains of the PC desktop market, have enough gamers to support a game design as massive as GTA V again?

We are at an inflection point in gaming. The blockbuster games are getting too expensive to produce. The entire population of gamers has to retool to new expensive platforms, and the greed of the media content providers may kill the next gen console market with microtransactions and subscriptions. If the market is not big enough, there will never be a game bigger and better than GTAV. That's what I'm worried about.

Dude you're going to see a new GTA at least 4 years after GTAV's release, of course all the console gamers will have the new-gen consoles by then, it's not like it's goint to be released in a year when most people don't buy the new consoles yet.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

To be honest, 2-3 years is enough for the next release, if they will take so much time again to make a next GTA I might as well lose interest in it, V is an exception, but next one shouldn't be.

I hate a 4-5-6-7 years release.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (suicidehummer @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 06:02)
QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 05:29)
Grand Theft Auto Connecticut  cool.gif
Pretty small, though...

Haha that would be the most boring GTA... I know because I live there. The only cars to steal would be Subarus and Honda CR-Vs.

I live in Connecticut too. And you're definitely right... GTA in CT would be boring as f*ck.

badass nyuka
  • badass nyuka

Why did I move here? Guess it was the weather...

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:17 AM Edited by badass nyuka, 12 July 2013 - 07:19 AM.

A state named San Josiah based on florida. with vice city (obviously) . a city named st Josiah based on Orlando. a city named san Oliver based on Tampa .and in the north a city based on Jacksonville named jasonvile. The state is split up in half by a large clear blue river separating vice city county from jasonvile county.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (EdgarArellano1 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 06:18)
I remember Reading a Article from IGN a while back saying that Dan Houser would love a Chicago Remake.

Rockstar could do Chicago just to show how much better they can do it than Watch Dogs. colgate.gif

BoyzNGroveStreet
  • BoyzNGroveStreet

Gangster

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

They should do New Orleans or something, or London again.
I think they hinted a minute back that they'll put all the cities together.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users