Facebook Changed?

23 replies to this topic
EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

One of my friends just sent me a message saying "dammit fb just completely changed on me" and I looked online and it said something about a huge change for July but it hasn't happened for me yet.

Has it changed for anybody yet, and if so, what does it look like?

Honestly, I just wish Youtube and Facebook would stop changing. Once you get used to something they f*ck it up and change it again. confused.gif

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

it's been changed for me. it actually happened a while ago.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 23:38)

Hmm... does it suck? Could you post a screenshot?

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

https://www.facebook.../about/newsfeed

It seems like they f*cked up the FB world as we know it.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 23:45)

Oh God, that looks terrible! panic.gif

Why must they do this to us?!

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 23:42)

Sorry for the stretch

user posted image

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 23:48)
QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 23:42)

Sorry for the stretch

snip

Oh, no, I don't think that's it. That's what my dads looks like and it's been that way for months. Oddly enough, mine never changed like that. His notifications just magically appeared on the right side one day. I think what ThaBoY showed was what my friend was talking about.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

TBH, I haven't been on FB in so long, I could care less.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 15:52)
TBH, I haven't been on FB in so long, I could care less.

Couldn't* wink.gif

I actually can't wait.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

Seriously, You.. WeTube and Facebook turn more retarded every day. They already f*cked up with timeline, originality and now the entire f*cking layout.

Speaking of You.. *sigh* WeTube, they f*cked up completely with the WeTube One channel design and red subscribe button. I understand that changes have to be made but why do they have to look so retarded? suicidal.gif

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

FBI is still the same for me

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• The Yardies
  • Lesotho

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

Facebook has been sh*t for, well, as long as I can remember. The changes they make don't benefit anyone, yet they continue to make it even worse
and more complicated for the majority to use.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 15:59)
Seriously, You.. WeTube and Facebook turn more retarded every day. They already f*cked up with timeline, originality and now the entire f*cking layout.

Speaking of You.. *sigh* WeTube, they f*cked up completely with the WeTube One channel design and red subscribe button. I understand that changes have to be made but why do they have to look so retarded? suicidal.gif

Yeah I couldn't care less about facebook but the new youtube sh*t's weak..

My front page will have like 4 recommended videos (recommended as in someone paid a sh*tton to have it advertised everywhere) and that's it.

Since all these updates it's been getting harder and harder to find actual good youtube videos. All I come across now are like f*cking wannabe T.V. channels where some douche with straightened hair is trying to get famous for making fun of something lame.

I miss the old youtube where the videos were actually funny home videos or atleast something well thought out. Of course that idea had to get stripped so people could start making money and ruin the entire original concept of it all. Money ruins everything damnit..

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

Mine already changed. Feels like I am using my phone now...

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 00:49)

My front page will have like 4 recommended videos (recommended as in someone paid a sh*tton to have it advertised everywhere) and that's it.

Since all these updates it's been getting harder and harder to find actual good youtube videos. All I come across now are like f*cking wannabe T.V. channels where some douche with straightened hair is trying to get famous for making fun of something lame.

I miss the old youtube where the videos were actually funny home videos or atleast something well thought out. Of course that idea had to get stripped so people could start making money and ruin the entire original concept of it all. Money ruins everything damnit..

I think my biggest disappointment in the new Youtube is the new Youtube channel layout. I actually loved the old layout, everything was organized and perfect. The only thing I like about the new Youtube channels is the subscriber video and the banner, but they could have easily incorporated that into the old channel layout and everything would have been fine.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 00:56)
QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 00:49)

I think my biggest disappointment in the new Youtube is the new Youtube channel layout. I actually loved the old layout, everything was organized and perfect. The only thing I like about the new Youtube channels is the subscriber video and the banner, but they could have easily incorporated that into the old channel layout and everything would have been fine.

This. You can't upload anything without these stupid motherf*ckers putting a random out of the ass copyright on. I remember when before there was no sh*tty Vevo and music was uploaded by authors or random people and nobody was arguing. The new layout is ugly and confusing. I mean, before you could personalize your channel to make it stand out, to make it look nice. Now? You only have some sh*tty strip of empty space that you can change. Everything else is just blank greedyness. Also, I remember how you could click the nice yellow "Subscribe" button, partners had a little banner instead of name when viewing video and you could be creative without getting raped by copyright because there was one millisecond of music. And the best: Browse video. Just click on video count and you had like 24 or more videos appearing to watch, you didn't need to enter the channel and look for videos.

What I hate the most is they they FORCE the changes on us. No arguing, we have to listen to and take their sh*t because it's "for community".

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

This is why I hate smartphones, they are LITERALLY taking over the internet. Youtube channel layout changed so it will look like that on all devices, phones, TV's etc.. And now Facebook does this so it will look the same as it does on phones? I loved the old layout, even the timeline but now Facebook seriously looks like a Facebook rip-off. I hope Twitter doesn't go and do something stupid like this.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Sing a song for the swag man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:26 AM

While we're on the subject, has anyone tried navigating Myspace's new website? I haven't even been on it in 6 years, but I was looking up someone and I couldn't even figure it out. It will let you look up their name but you can't narrow down the location. You have to go through every f*cking profile, or hope that they have a unique name.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

First YouTube, Steam, and now Facebook?

The internet has made more change than Obama has.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

Personally I like the new timeline Facebook got some months back, that was a good addition, it looks much cleaner and nicer, it does a better job of grouping things together.

This new design however isn't removing clutter...well it is, but it's making everything take more clicks for the sake of aesthetics, this new design is making the PC version like the mobile version, just like windows 8. But we don't really need less clutter if it affects usability, PC has the advantage of a larger screen, make use of it, don't make sh*t harder just for aesthetic reasons, that's ass-backwards. f*ck Microsoft Windows 8 and f*ck this new Facebook.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

The only thing that seems to have changed is that the notifications are on the right side now. Seriously, is it really that big a deal?

Of course, I'm only speaking based on what I see in the screenshot posted above.

Travs.
  • Travs.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

Mine hasn't changed.
I don't understand why they don't leave it, everyone uses it and he's rich just leave it be.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

2KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 02:47)

Oh God, that looks terrible! panic.gif

I think it looks way better. I love it.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (Girish @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 18:04)
The only thing that seems to have changed is that the notifications are on the right side now. Seriously, is it really that big a deal?

Of course, I'm only speaking based on what I see in the screenshot posted above.

Side bar is hidden, you have an extra click to bring it out again. Not a big deal, but still pointless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users