Photo

How would the strength stat improve?

20 replies to this topic
kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

We know that in V we can't got to the gym to visibly increase our muscle mass, but what if we can still use the gym, for the sole purpose of increasing the strength stat?

Wuggatus
  • Wuggatus

Somewhere stuck between joyful and peachy.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

Bicycling.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

Totally possible.

CRRPGMykael
  • CRRPGMykael

Man in a suit

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

From the CVG interview with one of the guys from R* North, I assume the 'Strength' stat is increased by doing melee combat and also by being hit (kind of like you level up armor in Skyrim).

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

It'll change based upon your play style. For instance, if you decide to take a walk from one of your safe houses to downtown Los Santos you're probably going to see a minor but gradual increase in strength and stamina. Same goes for riding a bicycle and so on. We might end up seeing a gym, but its really not needed in the end.

What CRRPGMykael said as well.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (CRRPGMykael @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 22:05)
From the CVG interview with one of the guys from R* North, I assume the 'Strength' stat is increased by doing melee combat and also by being hit (kind of like you level up armor in Skyrim).

That would make sense. But I thought there could be a 'clean' and 'dirty' way of upgrading stats such as strength and shooting. With shooting, you can upgrade it by either going to ammunation firing ranges (clean) or shooting people (dirty). Same with strength (gym or fist fights).

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

I would guess hand to hand combat.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

We can't use the gym?!

Omar777i
  • Omar777i

☆☆★★★

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

They can still add a gym to add strength and maybe a treadmill to add stimina as well?

wannaslide
  • wannaslide

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

I've got a feeling gym can be used for strength and stamina building , kinda makes sense , because we see a outdoors gym in the trailers and you have the option of going to the shooting range to upgrade the shooting stat,so I don't see why you couldn't use gym to better your stats .

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

Just not size lol,n its realistic, i mean most people want that strength, size is a bonus!

CRRPGMykael
  • CRRPGMykael

Man in a suit

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 22:07)

That would make sense. But I thought there could be a 'clean' and 'dirty' way of upgrading stats such as strength and shooting. With shooting, you can upgrade it by either going to ammunation firing ranges (clean) or shooting people (dirty). Same with strength (gym or fist fights).

I don't really see usable gyms in V, since they were kind of this, I dare to say, important part of the game. Something like that has never been seen before, having a Strength stat that corresponds with how ripped your main character is, being able to increase it by lifting weights in-game? If they brought it back but didn't have that stamp of improving your character's physique, it would be kind of pointless. Yes, firing ranges are indeed the 'clean' way of levelling up the Shooting stat, but it wouldn't have a point otherwise (also I would like to mention that headshots in combat give you slightly more experience towards the stat than body shots). Not to mention, there aren't exactly 'clean' ways of levelling up your Special or Stealth, assuming that there aren't any ridiculous stealth training rooms (like in Thief, for example, a stealth game) nor does your Special level increase in some way other than well, f*cking USING it (also assuming that a driving and flying school is present and yoga increases Lung Capacity).

So if gyms are in-game, basically what will happen is, after 20 billion years of running on a treadmill and lifting weights, Michael will still be overweight. But hey, those bars on the bottom right say he's as strong and resistant as a man can be.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (CRRPGMykael @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 22:43)
QUOTE (kesta195 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 22:07)

I don't really see usable gyms in V, since they were kind of this, I dare to say, important part of the game. Something like that has never been seen before, having a Strength stat that corresponds with how ripped your main character is, being able to increase it by lifting weights in-game? If they brought it back but didn't have that stamp of improving your character's physique, it would be kind of pointless. Yes, firing ranges are indeed the 'clean' way of levelling up the Shooting stat, but it wouldn't have a point otherwise (also I would like to mention that headshots in combat give you slightly more experience towards the stat than body shots). Not to mention, there aren't exactly 'clean' ways of levelling up your Special or Stealth, assuming that there aren't any ridiculous stealth training rooms (like in Thief, for example, a stealth game) nor does your Special level increase in some way other than well, f*cking USING it (also assuming that a driving and flying school is present and yoga increases Lung Capacity).

So if gyms are in-game, basically what will happen is, after 20 billion years of running on a treadmill and lifting weights, Michael will still be overweight. But hey, those bars on the bottom right say he's as strong and resistant as a man can be.

I see where you're coming from. I don't know whether you know or not however, but there is an open air gym on Vespucci Beach based on muscle beach, which is an open air gym, so at the very least we will be able to 'go into' the gym. The are also NPC's working out there.

gui_olecio
  • gui_olecio

Juve fan

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

They said we couldn't use the gym at the same time we could not buy properties.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (gui_olecio @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 22:46)

I don't remember them saying you couldn't go to the gym, just that we can't get buff like in SA.

mbunleashed09
  • mbunleashed09

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

I posted the exact same topic 2 days ago............

gui_olecio
  • gui_olecio

Juve fan

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 19:47)
QUOTE (gui_olecio @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 22:46)

I don't remember them saying you couldn't go to the gym, just that we can't get buff like in SA.

I don't know. It's hard to understand what they meant, and it was a old preview.

123-bob
  • 123-bob

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:21 PM Edited by 123-bob, 11 July 2013 - 11:24 PM.

Are you sure no gym?

I'm sure I read that the gym is useble, it just doesn't have a physical effect on your character like it did in SA

Im 80% sure you can use the gym, after all, there 'Pump Buddy' ads we've seen and the gym on Vesputti Beach...no?

Korisselys
  • Korisselys

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

Fighting?

123-bob
  • 123-bob

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

user posted image

I'd be amazed if we couldn't use this

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

Sounds about right to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users