» «
Photo

Rust - a DayZ/Minecraft inspired game

29 replies to this topic
Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:49 AM Edited by Remix, 11 July 2013 - 08:39 AM.

Rust is an open world MMO zombie survival game designed by Facepunch Studios. It takes inspiration from games like DayZ, Minecraft, and STALKER. To survive in Rust you may choose to work together with friends and strangers, scavenging for supplies and building giant bases, or go at it alone, killing other players for loot. Rust aims at being a game that gives players the freedom to play the way that they want, and that doesn't involve a hero and bandit system. With Rust, you will have to use your instinct, not a humanity number, to figure out if you can trust people.

Rust is running on Unity. When you first load Rust you will have to download the Unity Web-Player. The developers are still deciding if the game will be Web-Player only, or if they will release a downloadable client. It looks like Rust will be running on the Web-Player for the Alpha phase of the game.
The game is currently in closed alpha.

Wikipedia.
Main Site.

This game is rapidly developing and I'm extremely excited for it! It's a mix between DayZ, Minecraft and STALKER and is currently in a closed alpha state. That means it's currently impossible to play the game, but I expect this to change very soon. I'd love to team up with some of you when the game hits Alpha, but in the mean time there's plenty of videos on youtube and plenty of people streaming on twitch for you to watch!

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

Interesting. I'll check this out soon! icon14.gif

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

Pretty cool.

I enjoyed Castle Miner Z on XBLIG.

Even for an indie game it had decent shooting mechanics and the shooting felt really fun. Always a purpose to craft when you can give yourself more bullets.

So anything down the lines of that should be half decent at least.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Looks good icon14.gif

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

Looks way better than that "The Dead Linger" piece of sh*t.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

... You mine a tree?

Looks good, hope they don't make too many mistakes like mining for wood though.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

Game is making relatively fast progress! Cars were added by one of the devs as a test, and they seemed to be 100% functional. Just wish it was an open alpha...

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:19 AM

so the guy who sang cars has made a game
this survival genre really has gone rom strength to strength but does it have to be another zombie thing sad.gif

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 02:19)
this survival genre really has gone rom strength to strength but does it have to be another zombie thing sad.gif

As far as I'm aware there is no zombies just other online players you team up with and hunt.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 05:00)
QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 02:19)

As far as I'm aware there is no zombies just other online players you team up with and hunt.

1st sentence of OP is what I am going by here
Rust is an open world MMO zombie survival game designed by Facepunch Studios

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

I don't remember seeing any zombies in the gameplay!

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

Zombies are in the game but they're being replaced by something else soon (they haven't decided on what though).

Dundreary
  • Dundreary

Dundreary Motor Company.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:44 AM

This game is sh*t, to be honest, even Garry himself hates it (he isn't the one developing this, it's his studio).

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

I hope it can get released for PS4 eventually.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Dundreary @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 12:44)
This game is sh*t, to be honest, even Garry himself hates it (he isn't the one developing this, it's his studio).

Uh, source? Garry is developing the game by the way, as well as his studio (check his blog/check the game updates).

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

Sorry to bump this up, but it's now freely available to purchase for those interested. The game has changed a lot since I initially posted this thread so it's worth another look!

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:49 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 25 April 2014 - 02:00 AM.

I'm downloading this now, I've heard it's a good game, my mate who has played it extensively (100 hours) despite his negativity towards the game, he admitted he liked it and it was fun, his issue was the corrupt server admins and hackers. So I'm hoping a GTA Forums members has his/her own server i can join? I'm a friendly beginner, you can either take me under your wing or ignore me and we'll leave each other alone. As long as u don't go god mode on me and spawn amazing sh*t for yourself to kill me, i'm happy. Oh yeah, no teleport trolling either please. 

EDIT: Spawned in a game with around 40 players, player built ridiculous structures everywhere, towers that go way up into the sky. I wasn't impressed by the ridiculousness and the clutter so i joined a game with just 1 other guy in it, he doesn't talk.. On the plus side there isn't a ridiculous structure in sight..

Found some kind of a base, not player made, got some supplies, got chased and killed by dogs after.. Re spawned and sorted myself out properly, made a camp fire, wood shelter, stone hatchet, sleeping bag and cooked some meat. Gonna play again tomorrow, hopefully find some supplies again somewhere. I reckon i'm gonna find the players annoying, no players is no fun and too many players evidently results in the map looking and being stupid with badly built fortresses everywhere.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

That's another thing... Pretty sure my character is butt naked.

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

What are the system requirements?

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:12 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 25 April 2014 - 02:19 PM.

• Minimum:
    • Processor: 2 ghz 
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM 
    • DirectX: Version 9.0 
    • Hard Drive: 1 GB available space
  • Recommended:
    • Processor: 3 ghz 
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM 
    • DirectX: Version 11 
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection 
    • Hard Drive: 2 GB available space

Holy sh*t just noticed this games has 8 gigs of RAM recommended, judging by the look of the game it really doesn't need that much.

EDIT: Today while playing i came across 2 sleeping players, one of them had a mental looking base with some mediocre equipment, the other was in the forest with just a sleeping bag and box's full of amazing stuff, i robbed them both i'm sorry to say. I also killed them (lol) I was just testing out the game, see what would happen if i hit them while they slept, it sounded like i was hitting wood and they didn't react what so ever. So i assumed they couldn't be killed while sleeping..

A while later someone types "hello?" 
I type back "Alright mate"
He says "did you kill me?"
I say "no"
After a long pause he types back saying "You're a dead man."

Hahaha, quality. I'm well stocked and am currently hiding out in some mountain range away from any roads or settlements. I'm pretty paranoid now i must say haha. Kinda makes me more excited to try other games like DayZ and The Forest.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

The Forest will only be single player, and in DayZ Standalone you can only type/talk in direct chat. That means if someone kills you or if you kill someone and you respawn, there's almost no way to know who killed you.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

The Forest will only be single player, and in DayZ Standalone you can only type/talk in direct chat. That means if someone kills you or if you kill someone and you respawn, there's almost no way to know who killed you.

Yeah, I'm fine with The Forest being single player because of how high quality it all looks, and as for the DayZ thing, pretty sure that's the same for Rust, the guy wasn't sure i was the one who killed him, pretty sure my unconvincing "no" answer is what made him suspicious of me haha.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

Yeah, I'm fine with The Forest being single player because of how high quality it all looks, and as for the DayZ thing, pretty sure that's the same for Rust, the guy wasn't sure i was the one who killed him, pretty sure my unconvincing "no" answer is what made him suspicious of me haha.

Yeah that was pretty funny. 

I'm also excited for The Forest. I heard it will only be $15 once it goes on Steam in May. I can't wait to try it out. 

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:28 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 25 April 2014 - 05:55 PM.

Same, i'm also hearing rumors of a possible co-op mode which would be cool, regardless of weather it has co-op or not it's gonna be a golden game/

So yeah, on Rust i totally regret my decision to hide in the middle of nowhere, trying to walk back to some kind of civilization now, no road in sight, not even an animal in sight, i'd happily take a bullet to the head or be chased by rabid dogs now. 

EDIT: I've been told that animals only spawn near structures and not in the actual wild, which confirms what i've already seen to be honest, pretty ridiculous. I've also been told that the map is apparently unfinished, that's why the wild was just entirely dead with nothing around for miles and miles... In the end i commit suicide because of how stranded i was, so the robbing and killing of those players earlier was utterly pointless. 

Apparently an update next months brings working vehicles among other good things to the game. 

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

Some guy on Steam called Allonso from Germany added me, started saying about how i glitched and hacked into his house and stole his sh*t, started saying he reported me to steam for being a hacker and that i was an ugly homosexual.

Funny because i haven't been online in like 24 hours, plus i never hacked or glitched, so i sent a report to Steam telling them that he called me an ugly homosexual and saying he's harassing me via messages.

He said Steam will check my files and i'll be exposed and banned, yeah... Can't wait for that.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:40 AM

Has this had any bugs ironed out at all yet?

Last time I saw gameplay it looked like a glitchy as f*ck stone age simulator, but with MP5's.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

I haven't encountered any bugs, some aspects of the game are questionable at best though.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

so i logged in last night to find all the stuff in my stash box's gone, but i'm still alive, in my base with all my doors locked still, and no one knows my passwords. The guy right next door has no idea what happened, neither of us have logged on for about 2 days.

so yeah either someone hacked in or my stuff disappeared for no reason.. annoying.

Also, spike walls disappear after 2 days if you don't constantly maintain them by repairing them which is a bit sh*t. Even if they never get damaged in the slightest, they'll disappear in 2 days.... why?

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:50 AM Edited by gta_aus, 26 May 2014 - 12:02 PM.

Fake :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users