GTA 5= Dumbed down

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic
GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

I hope we can save weapons in safehouses somehow.

I don't really want to carry all the weapons at the same time. Just having one or two weapons in each category would make it easier to get to the weapon I want. I guess how much of an impact that will have depends on how many weapons there are in each category.

I hope there are some less flashy but more brutal weapons to suit Trevor. Nice clean high tech weapons don't really fit him, or Franklin, all that well. Would be good to have some Revolvers, .40 Pistols, Pump or Sawed Off Shotguns, and something like a M-1 Garand.

I hope there will be such things, and given that there is a hunting mini game I think there's a decent chance.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

I never liked having to chose to carry only one gun in a class, and I especially didn't like having to chose between carrying either the camera or the spray can in GTA SA. And I would like to have a real-time choice of sticky bombs, grenades, dynamite and molotovs. So I liked RDR's system where you can select your guns in a class, and have them all with you.

Since in GTA games, we hide an entire arsenal in our watch pocket, realism in terms of carrying inventory is out the door anyway. I will love the fun factor of accumulating guns and having them all available.

I do give a nod to the idea of having semi-realistic carrying limitations and then having extra stuff stored in a safehouse or a vehicle, but given the choice, I am glad to have all the weapons.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

I'm not really worried about this feature in single player. I'm worried about multiplayer, People will be able to pull out an RPG and then a grenade launcher followed by a minigun. Hopefully online won't have a weapon that will dominate all others like the high powered pistol in RDR and Carbine Rifle in GTA IV.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

They removed hard lock aiming, shut up bitch.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Another nice thing is that, since we can customize weapons, we'll be able to sort of individualize each one by giving them additions geared to certain types of gameplay, so that you don't have to keep going to Ammunation to switch out your weapon mods but can instead just swap between your weapons within the same class right then and there to switch between running and gunning or a more stealthy, tactical approach. For instance, say you have the higher tier of assault rifle, and one that's a tier below that. The high tier one can be geared for running and gunning since it does the most damage (max clips, improved rounds, etc.), but the lower tier one can be used for more tactical combat (scope, supressor) since you can take your time and pick people off with headshots, so it doesn't need to be as damaging. Or at least that's an option. No matter what, it adds more freedom and that's a good thing. Plus your investments in one weapon of a class won't be wasted as soon as you pick up a different weapon of that same class.

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

Considering from what we know of Greenrock I would had guessed he'd appreciate this feature.. Now, I surely do. Sure, I do like a Challenge but seriously OP.. Your already challenged, this is more of a "Special Aid" to help you out kind of thing. Oh, and please don't inbox me again. Cheers.

Alaannnn
  • Alaannnn

Film Director

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (JuankAirPilot @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 01:24)
Then don't collect a bunch of weapons. Solved.

lul

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:35 AM Edited by Cyper, 11 July 2013 - 07:37 AM.

From what I have seen the game does have indeed been dumbed down but very slightly - not only because of this, though. Also remember that it will be more complex in other ways than GTA IV, since you can buy stocks, properties, mod cars, weapons, etc.

However, it could hardly be realistic that if you buy an expensive assault rifle you throw it away when there is no ammo. That's exactly what Niko does in GTA IV. In the other games the guns magically dissapear. What I would like is the ability to REMOVE weapons from the slot. Maybe place them in the trunk.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (Cyper @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 07:35)
From what I have seen the game does have indeed been dumbed down but very slightly. Also remember that it will be more complex in other ways than GTA IV, since you can buy stocks, properties, mod cars, weapons, etc.

The only thing dumbed down in this game is difficulty, everything else is f*cking perfect.

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:43 AM Edited by damian001, 11 July 2013 - 07:47 AM.

QUOTE (YukiEiri @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 22:38)
QUOTE (greenrock @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 06:21)
its been confirmed that gta 5 will be like RDR, in that you will be able to carry every weapon in the game in your inventory...
i don't like that, makes it seem easy

Dumbed down comparing to what?

GTA IV? You could carry ALL THE GUNZ!
GTA: Chinatown wars? Same.
GTA: Vice City Stories? Same.
GTA: Liberty City Stories? Same.
GTA: San Andreas? Same.
GTA: Vice City? Same.
GTA III? Same.
GTA2? Same?

No, in the majority of the GTA games (IV included), you were limited to carry one set of weapons. There were multiple pistols, shotguns, automatics ingame, but you could only carry one of each type. There was no weapon wheel back then, so scrolling left and right through each weapon would've been tedious if you did have all the guns. Being able to have all the guns at once was last featured in GTA III; in GTA Vice City they introduced the idea of restricting you to a set.

In RDR, the weapon wheel let you carry all the pistols at once, as well all other weapons ingame. The feature was also brought back in Chinatown Wars where the weapon wheel was also utilized. The weapon wheel makes it easier to scroll through which class of weapon you want, then the type. It's much faster than going tapping left on the D-Pad a dozen times to find your favorite gun like in all the old GTA games. Imagine how longer it would be if you did have all the guns. With the weapon wheel, getting to your preferred weapon should really only take 2-4 button presses.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

Damian,

I think he misunderstood what people were talking about. Given that in all of those games you could do exactly that....I'm thinking he thought people were saying "carrying 1 of each type" rather than "carrying all of every type"

I love collecting weapons, but I'm hoping there is some way for me to save the weapons without having to carry them on me. Granted I could always just buy them new when I want to try something I've not had for awhile...but it would be nice to be able to just swap one weapon for another without having to carry them both with you.

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:52 AM Edited by damian001, 11 July 2013 - 07:59 AM.

QUOTE (greenrock @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 22:49)
QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 06:41)
its been confirmed that gta 5 will be like RDR, in that you will be able to carry every weapon in the game in your inventory...

me like RDR. You can carry them all at the same time, but you can only place one in a slot. So you can carry 3 shotguns but only use one at a time.

exactly.... it dumbs the game down..... having so many high powered guns at the same time,

But...... It doesn't matter how many high-powered guns you have, if they all share the same ammunition. alien.gif

And that's how you balance the game without dumbing it down. In RDR, all the gun classes shared the same type of ammunition. So if you ran out using the Semi-Auto Shotgun, you couldn't switch to your Sawn-Off or the Double-Barreled Shotgun. But you were able to freely switch between any of them without having to repurchase one at a store.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 06:31)
OP is dumbed down.

Greenrock my friend, if there's anything at this point that might affect your decision of purchasing this game, then don't - at this stage it would be difficult for R* to alter anything for it to meet your "standards"; it's too late. Had you created this thread two months earlier...nah.

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (SuperDuperGta @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 06:27)
I'm not agreeing with OP that its been dumbed down. but I did like thinking about what weapons to take before a mission

I guess now you have to think about how to customize them(?).

I'm not 100% sure how all that works in terms of how/where you do the customizing.

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

Lol Greenrock...you funny man you funny.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (YukiEiri @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 06:38)

Dumbed down comparing to what?

GTA: Chinatown wars? Same.
GTA: Vice City Stories? Same.
GTA: Liberty City Stories? Same.
GTA: San Andreas? Same.
GTA: Vice City? Same.
GTA III? Same.
GTA2? Same?

I think he's saying before you could only carry one weapon from each weapon category but now you can literally carry every gun in the game all at once. I kind of agree with him the old system gave us more responsibility to decide which guns would do the job right, now we can just use every gun at the same time to eventually see what works.

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Bullsh*t, once you got the "best weapon" for a category how many of you went back and bothered to use the weaker ones by choice and not because you ran out of ammo and it got tossed? How many of you when you ran out of ammo and assuming there wasn't an Ammunation nearby went right back to a weapon spawn point to get it again when outside a mission?

It's not really going to be all that much different unless the depth in customization actually allows most weapons to be on par or close while offering some advantages in certain situations.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

A game that involves planning heists = dumbed down? Lol alright I think V might be the hardest GTA.

Gilly1987
  • Gilly1987

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

Yeah, we need to bring back realism from past GTAs where you can pull Bazzokas and AK47 out your arse.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:42 AM Edited by Mokrie Dela, 11 July 2013 - 08:49 AM.

Firstly, There's no confirmation that you will have every weapon at once. (EDIT: I just saw a screen that implies it's EXACTLY like RDR, so perhaps you do. Was never a problem with me in RDR though. I don't think I used the mauser or high power pistol at all after getting them; big deal) It's possible that, like Saints Row 3, you have them stored in your safehouses, and can only carry one at a time.

Secondly, they said you have to be more tactical in your combat.

Thirdly, get over yourself.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

Greenrock, go home, you're drunk anuj_cop.gif

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

I don't see how it makes the game easier in any way. Also, if it's a gaming challenge you're looking for, i'd look for something else. GTAV probably won't be particularly difficult if you're a hardcore gamer.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 19:08)
I hope there are some less flashy but more brutal weapons to suit Trevor. Nice clean high tech weapons don't really fit him, or Franklin, all that well. Would be good to have some Revolvers, .40 Pistols, Pump or Sawed Off Shotguns, and something like a M-1 Garand.

I thought of this as well when I saw Franklin's weapon wheel. I didn't like some of the high tech looking weapons.

I hope there is revolvers and sawn off shotguns.

GTAVwillbeEPIC
  • GTAVwillbeEPIC

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

OP, do you not even understand that he said you can carry your weapons even after your ammo runs out. They didn't say EVEN AFTER BEING CAUGHT BY THE POLICE or ENDING UP IN HOSPITAL.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

It makes it more realistic, as the gun is still worth money and useful, even without bullets. Adding to realism and the overall money theme the game displays.
The game clearly has a massive economy, and I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to sell guns at ammunition when you feel they are worthless, rather than just buying.

Ryzon
  • Ryzon

Overpowered

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

Greenrock, you need to start using capitalization. It hurts my brain to read your threads/posts.

Rios44
  • Rios44

Worth the wait

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

Dumbed down version of GTA V is SR4.

Nevatalex
  • Nevatalex

Ace Attorney

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

Yes, but only 1 gun per class (you could carry AK or M4, but not both).

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Please warn or ban this user again, seems like he needs another break.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:24 PM Edited by d3ex2, 11 July 2013 - 01:28 PM.

Never had a problem with it in RDR so won't have a problem with it in V.

Infact I prefer it like this. I hated having to actually go buy a new gun or put cheats in. This way you'll have them all at the press off a button. I liked using a single shot pistol then being able to switch to a semi. In V it'll be switching between a semi and full automatic pistol. Sawn off shotgun or stock shotgun. Silenced rifle or stock rifle. Different guns for different situations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users