If you do not want to know about the radar or HUD yet, go back.
Last updated > Monday, Aug, 6 2013
THE PLAYER HUD TAKEDOWN for comenting -->
Police ------------------------------- Combat
Michael, Franklin, Trevor
1. The GPS is located on the lower left corner as usual. Although it is now square instead of round.
2. The three colored bars below the GPS is for your [color=#6CBB3C]Health, Armor and special.
3. Hostiles are red dots on the GPS and police flash RED/BLUE when wanted.
4. The GPS screen turns red when you are shot and the GPS screen flashes RED/BLUE when in the wanted zone.
5. The player HUD and Stats are located in the lower right corner and only appear when requested by the player. The protagonists skills list is the same for all 3 characters.
6. The vehicle name previously appeared on screen when entering a vehicle. Assumably unchained.
7. the name of your location shows up on screen when you go to a new street or section, enlarge map, or unpause the game.
8. Your money and Weapons ammo is displayed in the upper right corner. This previously showed when you change weapon, gain money, use your weapon or enlarge the map.
9. When you change your weapon, you use a wheel similar to Red Dead Redemption but time slows down.
10. The target reticle appears white "•" and turns red "•" when aimed at a target. When the target is terminated, the reticle turns into a cross "X" and then appears grey "•" when aimed at the corps or non threatening creature. Sniper reticle displays green "(•)" and turns red (•)" when on a target.
11. The wanted system contains (5) levels.
12. An "Artificial Horizon line" and "Altitude" appears on the GPS when in an airplane.
13. Chop has a bone to display his location.
14. A red circle will display on the GPS when you fire a gun. This indicates that you may be heard by anyone in that circle.
15. Each protagonist has his own skills, cars, friends and money.
16. The GPS has sort of a 3D effect at times and can show further ahead at an angle.
17. When Hunting, the Hunting sniper displays Wind Direction, Wind Speed and Compass.
18. There are other side activities that have there own HUD displays.
19. Hired goons will have special stats like "Mechanic".
20. Enemies may be able to hide from detection.
GPS ICONS GO TO -->
Feel free to post improved quality and accurate icons
Automotive - Character Select - Clothes - Creeps & Friends - Cycling - Diving - Golf - Hunting - Nirvanas
Police - Sky Diving - Target Practice - Tattoos - Tennis - Weapons Combat - Flying, 3D GPS & Location
GTA V Icons To SA - GTA 5 weapon HUD
Official Weapons Archive -->
POLL - Will you miss the classic HUD? -->
Post your thoughts and opinions.
The list now contains an alternating color for easy reading.
The GIF links are now alphabetical.
The gif images are improved for smoother performance.
I have improved quality of the HUD and removed screen stretch
|gtamad8||Contributed to main HUD img|
|MasterK||Stealth Feature In GPS|
|Matt06||Tilting horizontal plane on GPS|
|Massyl||Hunting Sniper shows Wind & Compass|
|TheKrigeron||The Minigames HUD|
|Massyl||Enemies may be able to hide on GPS|
|Troll Proof||Street names do not appear at intersections|
|vivalavendredi||Identified Tattoo icon|
|NYC PATROL||Identified Bicycle icon|
|luis95||GPS Icons contribution|
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Now that I know all of this, I am really looking forward to playing GTA V even more. This new data that we have seen is amazing.
I love the HUD. The weapons wheel is awesome and I love the new GPS. Thank you R* for bringing back Clothing, Skills, Tattoos and Vehicle customization. I suppose there will be no Midnight Club for awhile? lol.
Edited by PSN-Blackhawk_1989, 06 August 2013 - 08:00 PM.