Photo

Which OS?

9 replies to this topic
stroud458
  • stroud458

AH-Avatars Founder

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

I wrote a comparison between different Opperating Systems and wanted to know what you guys think.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:44 AM

I think your article is awful. You repeat the same things over and over again, misspelled a lot of of things, and included lousy citations and completely failed to back up a bunch of other ridiculous claims.

user posted image
This part was the worst, as well as your other table.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

@Zoo3891

Well, his website does say

Home to many a Silly Remark

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

A simple and east to use interface. (windows)

Opinion

Poor security. Windows comes with built in Internet Explorer. And if you know anything about computers, thatís not a good thing.

This is just downright wrong. IE 10 is one of the most secure browsers (link).

Very limited access to Open Source software.

Wrong.

Apple is considered to be a newcomer to the field of Operating Systems, compared to Windows.

uwotm8

it [Apple] has one of the best security systems around.

Nope.

stroud458
  • stroud458

AH-Avatars Founder

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 02:44)
misspelled a lot of of things,

Such as?

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

Mac Cons:
"Less customer support compared to Windows. The user will actually have to go to Apple for any Hardware issues."
Not true at all. Customer support compared to Windows is more targeted and more helpful. For one Apple doesn't charge you to come in and get help. I don't know about the Windows stores but to call M$ to get support does cost money.

As for "have to" go to Apple for hardware issues. Firstly as at least Apple users they can take their hardware to and they can trust. Compared to Windows which while there are many different places you can do, how many can you really trust?
Also like Windows which the adventurist users can fix themselves, a Apple user can be just as adventurist however there are more detailed step-by-step guides on how to do it.

Apple is far from being a new comer to the field of OS compared to Windows.

As for the whole topic. Let's set one thing straight. PC means Personal Computer, so an Apple computer is a PC. However I get that when people say PC they mean non-Apple. Now that part being said, you need to include Linux and maybe UNIX and their pros and cons.

You're use of a site that tracks OSs based on browsers to get your figures as which OS has more user base is completely unreliable. Most of the over all stats are based on W3Schools users, they say so themself. Stands to reason that implies people that to go that site. I for one have never heard of W3Schools until now. Unless W3Schools can get all of the stats from some place like Google Analytics which has over 1-million, which Google is not about to give out to just anyone, then their stats have to be based on people going to their site.

BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Wolf68k @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 17:46)
As for "have to" go to Apple for hardware issues. Firstly as at least Apple users they can take their hardware to and they can trust. Compared to Windows which while there are many different places you can do, how many can you really trust?
Also like Windows which the adventurist users can fix themselves, a Apple user can be just as adventurist however there are more detailed step-by-step guides on how to do it.

Yeas i agree macs are more difficult but i have fixed my Apple mac many times not too hard so yeas i agree with ^^

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

I was about to do what everyone else has done and pick through it to highlight all of the flaws, but to be honest there's no point. More of it is utterly useless due to being false, opinion or need to be extensively caveated or explained than there is anything worth keeping, just bin the whole lot and start again. And this time, it might pay to actually do some research into the operating systems you want to discuss.

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:53 PM Edited by Stinky12, 12 July 2013 - 05:06 PM.

Billy Bob from MS already said higher number is better
For support from MS, it's goes like this

Retail version of the OS gets free support, forgot how long or how many limited phone calls
OEM installed by a PC maker is supported by the PC manufacture.
OEM OS you buy from online like Newegg gets no support, you're on your own. You will have to pay to get help from MS.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

I wonder if OP knows that Apple and Mac OS has been around longer than Microsoft...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users