How to convince parents to buy me GTA 5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
228 replies to this topic
zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

Just keep pestering them over and over. It works usually. Show off the finer parts of GTA, with an emphasis on freedom and the extra things you can do - bike riding, hunting, tennis, yoga, car customization, underwater exploration, sky diving, etc. I was lucky when I was younger my parents didn't care. But back then games were still pretty archaic. My dad bought me Duke Nukem 64 when I was 13 and I got GTA 1 and 2 when I was 15.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

Find the cool kid on the block, he'll usually be wearing a leather jacket even in summer time and have a toothpick in his mouth while he flips a coin. Give him the money to buy the game for you plus his fee to actually get it.

CaptainJoe
  • CaptainJoe

Still Alive

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:24 PM Edited by CaptainJoe, 25 July 2013 - 11:46 PM.

Tell them that you are psycologically stable and that the only people that turn into murderers from "playing video games" are people who had problems in the first place, and judging by your post, I don't believe you have any. If that doesn't work, just say that the game doesn't have to be violent, you could play golf, bike races, marathons, etc...

If that still doesn't work take this test. It's a great last-ditch method to convince your parents that you are not psyco, even if it's not an actual diagnostic tool, your parents may believe that you are stable enough to play. Good luck!

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

If your parents think that, they're not fit to continue raising you.

gtaman533
  • gtaman533

Midget

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

pay some hobo to buy it

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I DON'T GIVE A F*CK WHAT YOU THINK.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

Go down to the train station at 2 am, some old white guy will give you $60
to slurp his nether region.

Jequichan
  • Jequichan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

tell them that if you do not win the GTA V you will turn a gay... at least it worked for me. smile.gif

Lospuertafreeway
  • Lospuertafreeway

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:20 AM

Tell them you will put on your floaties before you go swimming.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (marcx @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 20:14)
QUOTE (sal7252 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 22:47)
QUOTE (marcx @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:24)
QUOTE (DryJohnson45 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 21:11)
QUOTE (marcx @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:08)
QUOTE (DryJohnson45 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 20:18)
QUOTE (marcx @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 18:14)
QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 20:02)
GET A f*ckING JOB. THIS IS AMERICA!!!!!!!

This is America? Really? You do know that we have people here from all over the world, no? dozingoff.gif

Shut your whore mouth, 'Merica!

FU dipsh*t! yawn.gif

Your mean, calling me a whore wow....

Are you f*cking stupid? That's what u said to me. mercie_blink.gif suicidal.gif

How the hell does people from all over the world change that this is America, are u stupid?

user posted image

Oh my god! suicidal.gif Either you're 5 years old or just plain stupid!

IT CHANGES EVERYTHING! Many people here are sitting infront of their pcs/laptops in OTHER countries!
THIS maybe for you AMERICA but NOT for all of us, moron! Please sit down before you hurt yourself.

Sorry, I said it as a joke, but somehow other people exaggerated it into... well this.

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

i thought my kid was too young to play IV 5 years ago.

he didn't grumble or try to go around my back. he listened to me, and waited. there are thousands of other games to play. we didn't fight, just talked it out.

now he can play. we're having a great time talking about it before it comes out. there's no bad blood.

just sayin.

infiniteammo
  • infiniteammo

Ľab igne ignem capereĽ

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

Tell your parents you'd rather play Barbie Horse Adventures and start asking how much it would cost to get a pony. >.>

Brandonn96
  • Brandonn96

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (GTA5_OVO @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:46)
I'm 14 years old and I have been following GTA extensively sense 2011. I've never been aggressive and I have no desire to shoot someone in the face but my parents are CONVINCED that violent video games alter people's minds and make them want to commit crimes. Now we as GTA gamers know this is untrue. Please share insight on your experiences with GTA when you were younger and tell me what I should do. Should I save up my money and have my friend buy it for me? Thanks and ALL help is greatly appreciated smile.gif

Ask a friend who is already getting it, to pick you up a copy and pay them back ASAP?

and on the topic of Age rating I have to say IMO it's all about maturity.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

TC, I am sorry you have some of 'those' parents, those being the type of people who are like 'VIOLENT VIDEIYA GAMES ER BARD' types, no offense, I mean they are doing it because they belive it's best for you.

Your best bet is to maybe give them a logical argument about it, my dad wasn't to keen on GTA when I started actively playing at 12 (Played my first time when I was 10 really got into it at 12), but I told him straight up, it's no diffrent than a movie, or other violent video games, and hell most of the time I'm either just doing stupid things like driving my $100,000 sports car off of a mountain, or enjoying the story rather than going on massive inocent person killing sprees. He knew that I was mature enough to handle it and didn't really care, granted I think his main concern was I'd spend to much time playing it and become anti-social but gaming did the oposite for me, granted at times I do get a bit heavy on the playing part lol.

If that dosen't work your best bet is to wait, try again with the discussion part, and if it dosen't work wait some more maybe.

Well that's what the responsible person in me would say, what I would do is borrow it from a friend (which is how I beat VC and San Andreas my first times actually) and play it when they aren't arround/won't notice, or play it at a friends, I mean spend the night and crash their and play GTA all night.

Good luck with it and like Brandonn96 it's more about maturity than it is age, so prove to your parents you're mature (NOTE: If you get caught doing the irresponsible sneaking method, it will hurt your cause man, use it as a last resort) and that you can handle it and that video games don't breed violence but what does is people with disorders that would have likely found that spark somewhere else anyways.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:47 AM

You started playing GTA in 2011?? You dont deserve to play it.

antisatan7
  • antisatan7

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

Begin collecting as much information as possible on wars pre video games. A good start is World War I and World War II. Pull out your school history book and show them the pictures of Hitler killing jews. Show them the most violent ones like stackes of nude and starved looking cadavers being pushed into the earth with bulldozers. Also, when your parents are watching the news and a story comes on about a man killing a child or someone just tell them that the news is putting violent images in your head. Go into details. Everyone's mind naturally does this thing were you imagine more than you are told. So, when a story comes on about a man beating a woman with a hammer tell them all the gritty details you are imagining. This should prove to them that seeing or hearing about violence has nothing to do with someone being violent. If just seeing violence caused violence kids couldn't be educated about Hitler in school. Imagining something is one thing while actually doing something is another thing.

Orthopox
  • Orthopox

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

Tell them that you can drive a car and run someone over at 16 years old but you have to wait until your 17+ to run someone over in a video game.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

I'll choose the truth I like.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Goldcard @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 01:47)
You started playing GTA in 2011?? You dont deserve to play it.

He was twelve then. You expect him to read about it on the internet at the age of four?

clax302
  • clax302

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

You're 14 and don't have a single friend or 'cool' relative that is 17 or older? I had my cousin buy gta vice city for me back in the day. After that my parents gave in and just started buying me M games.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

I think the 12 pages of useful information is good enough here. Besides, he's been gone since the 12th. And the member only has 12 posts.

12! wow.gif

I think that's a wrap!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users