Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

You know what's worse than a Troll? A troll rip-off

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

i feel bad for you. My parents didn't love the fact that I was playing Vice City when i was 12 but they let me. My grandma even bought San Andreas for me on release day while I was stuck in school. Ten years later and GTA hasn't influenced me to do stupid things, not to say that some can't be influenced. I just always recognized the difference between a video game and the real world. I think that realization came when I was 4 and thought it was odd Mario was shooting fireballs from nowhere.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

You are too young for the game in my opinion, 18+ for a reason

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (d3ex2 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:09)
QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 18:04)
QUOTE (TurdsFTW @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 18:51)
QUOTE (iFight @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:49)
game is +18, you are 14.

That doesn't matter...

Yes, it does. That's why there is a age rating system in the first place. Sometimes kids aren't just supposed to play some games, watch some movies and other stuff. No matter if this has an influence or not. Law is law. But then again, who cares.. dozingoff.gif

Nobody gives a damn about that.

I've been playing GTA since I was 9 years old. It's really up to the parents to decide what their kids play.

That's why I mentioned "who cares" suicidal.gif

I also played GTA since I was about 12 and watched horror movies at a younger age. Nothing new in general obviously.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

Go and shoot a couple of people in the head and tell them that you're already a serial killer and that GTA won't make any difference. Seriously though, I'd say if you're able to hide the game once you get it and can play the game in private without them knowing then you're probably going to be better off getting your mate to buy it if you give them the money, but don't get caught playing it or you'll have to go through it all again.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

"You don't care about the stupid driving and guns but you want it because of all the sports you can play in it rather than getting separate sports games"

C4RR4NZ4
  • C4RR4NZ4

Peerless

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

1.) Kill parents
2.) Take wallet
3.) Buy game
4.) ????
5.) Profit

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:37 PM Edited by brian., 10 July 2013 - 05:43 PM.

Nonsense, hit them with the truth, and let it sink in for you and them. Part of being mature is to not manipulate people. So don't lie about wanting this but not that etc, simply tell the truth and ask them to trust your judgement, and let you see that they do:

Assure them, without whining, crying, or being otherwise 14 about it at all, that first and foremost mom and dad, Mature Video Games such as Grand Theft Auto 5 are not rated based on age who can play them, but rather based on age who can buy them. It's totally okay for 14 year olds, totally legal, to play GTA, provided that a parent, guardian, 17 year old brother - someone who sees you as mature enough - is the person making point of sale. You gotta be grown to buy it, but not to play it. It's not like alcohol where a person can go to jail for letting you drink - it's like a movie, where a parent can be cool, and let you watch it.

Explain to them that this is not like an R rated or X or XXX rated movie where you must be 17, 18, or 21, or accompanied by that age to see it (r rated is okay with a parent or older guardian, with x or xxx, it's illegal for you to be shown).

Explain that it's a matter of being responsible in industry and respectful of them, as well as a matter of trust between the two of you that they know that you are old enough to know the difference between right and wrong, fake and real, games and real life.

Question them about what they must think of you, to treat you like one of the children who isn't capable of processing right and wrong in a video game, treating you incapable of processing entertainment from reality.

Assure them that those ratings are for more for the younger kids, and the immature teens, and that while you're still a kid and know that, you are also not a mere child and have seen much worse on television, and know that it's all just fun and entertainment.

The ratings are there for those reasons - it is responsible of ratings boards, government, and the game industry to label their games and cooperate here, it is an indirect coop helping parents. Remind them of your bad friend - he probably shouldn't have GTA, due to behavior, and immaturity. But you? You should be able to play it, because you know the difference, and you are a good son/daughter for the most part, and just want to play the game in your own home and not be around the kids who get it without their parents permission.

Mom, dad, there is going to come a time, very soon, where I make my own decisions, and I'll always look to you guys for guidance. I just have to ask that you don't be misguided yourselves in treating game ratings like the drinking or smoking age, because the intention of those ratings is not to limit teenagers from enjoying mature games, it is merely to make sure an adult has to buy them, so no immature kids get their hands on it without permission. You don't think I'm a punk, right mom, right dad? You don't think I'm too dumb to handle a video game, right? I'd really appreciate your trust in this matter.

And then be telling the truth. This isn't some lie to get you a game. You live by this. You be a responsible, mature, little 14 year old, cut the sh*t out, and do the right thing like you know you should, and these kinds of discussions with your parents will become comfortable. I'm not giving you lies here, I'm informing you of the truth: Mature games are for mature players. Appeal your maturity toward your parents, show them you're not a punk kid who is influenced by TV or games, and you will get the game.

If you know santa clause and spider man are fake, and your parents know you know that, you're good. It's the same kind of argument. Mom, dad, do you guys do the stuff in video games? No? Exactly, so why would I do those things? I learn from you guys, not from games <3

And then you win.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

It'd be awkward if OPs dad went on GTAForums too

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

I was 11 when my mother bought me GTA Trilogy for PC. There is no need for me to convince her.

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (killahmatic @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:26)
My grandma even bought San Andreas for me on release day while I was stuck in school.

Best grandma in the history of mankind.

KingJames37
  • KingJames37

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (vivalavendredi @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:49)
Tell them you are transgender and that you really need to know how this "character-switching" works…

cookie.gif cookie for you.

My mom wouldn't let me play GTA3... but my Dad would smile.gif

I had my sister buy me the PC version... my mom eventually found out.. she made me take it to EB games and sell it.... lucky for me the guy behind the counter didn't check for the "Play" disc.. haha, and then they didn't require getting any info from you.

My advice is be completely honest... and if that doesn't work... then have your friend buy it for you.

2spooky4u
  • 2spooky4u

Mayor of LS

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Lukijs @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:52)
You should run dude ,GTA fans are the craziest followed by CoD fans. All we do in GTA's is pick up hookers,f*ck the and then cut them in half with chainsaw to get our money back. But on a serious note,that game isnt for kids ok,If you can't buy and you even need to ask parents to do it,it's not meant for you. That R-18 will hunt you wherever you go. Ask them money for new NFS and buy GTA.

I can't read this... also... I don't do what you said in there, I just drive around... and I "have a friend" who's 13 who has GTA III, VICE, SA, IV and is getting V and his parents are totally ok with it... It's the maturity that counts

My dad once let me leave school early after a field trip because a game arrived and it was in the car along with my ds...

Maybe Ill be able to leave early due to the game coming out (which I have been waiting over a year for...)

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Saphir @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:51)
QUOTE (iFight @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:49)
game is +18, you are 14.

What counts is the maturity, not the age.

Indeed.

Show them how mature you can be, they'll know if to buy you it.

liav114
  • liav114

The Driver

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

Cry to convince them! biggrin.gif

2spooky4u
  • 2spooky4u

Mayor of LS

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (brian. @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:37)

If you know santa clause and spider man are fake, and your parents know you know that, you're good. It's the same kind of argument. Mom, dad, do you guys do the stuff in video games? No? Exactly, so why would I do those things? I learn from you guys, not from games <3

Nonsense.. San Andreas made me like rap...

(joking aside, this guy's right...)

The Jard Man
  • The Jard Man

Do Wun

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

sh*t I know how you feel lil man, went i was that age my mum wouldn't let me get vice city so I had a friend in school who let me borrow it haha, do that

DryJohnson45
  • DryJohnson45

Poet to the dumb

• BUSTED!

just rob them

Metalhead4
  • Metalhead4

I eat green berets for breakfast

• Members

QUOTE (GTA5_OVO @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 12:46)
I'm 14 years old and I have been following GTA extensively sense 2011. I've never been aggressive and I have no desire to shoot someone in the face but my parents are CONVINCED that violent video games alter people's minds and make them want to commit crimes. Now we as GTA gamers know this is untrue. Please share insight on your experiences with GTA when you were younger and tell me what I should do. Should I save up my money and have my friend buy it for me? Thanks and ALL help is greatly appreciated smile.gif

Couldn't tell ya, your parents are your parents. All I know is when Vice City came out, I was too young to get it myself, and my mom actually borrowed it from one of her friends at work and brought it home for me to play. Still never murdered anyone...

Boss7dm
  • Boss7dm

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

you need to tell everything you do to your parents?

lolol tounge.gif

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

So do you play other games or are you new to gaming? I'm guessing they buy all your games considering you say you need to convince them rather than asking them out of your own pocket money.

Dutchboy..
  • Dutchboy..

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Just tell them that you see the difference in IRL crime and crime in a game. An other thing you can tell them is that you never do anything crime related because of a game.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

I would tell them that You will pay for it on your own you just need them present to buy the game. Go out and earn some money to purchase it on your own, that will represent that you have the maturity. That is probably what they are doubting, that you are mature enough to play the game, also it will show them that you really want the game.

DryJohnson45
  • DryJohnson45

Poet to the dumb

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Join the Illuminati

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Ahh I feel your pain, I had to go through with this with San Andreas. In the end me and my brother had to swear that we wouldn't use any prostitutes in game LOL. Just keep pestering them about it and explaining that there are millions of people out there that have been unaffected by violent games, you will eventually wear them down.

32brownsfan
  • 32brownsfan

This is a Tribe Town

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

Tell them that you won't kill anyone and you are just getting it for the racing aspect. It works 9/10 times I promise.

DryJohnson45
  • DryJohnson45

Poet to the dumb

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

Join The Bohemian Grove! or the Illuminati! It helps you get GTAV faster

Happy_Go_Lucky
  • Happy_Go_Lucky

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

Tell your folks to buy me GTA V or go to hell!

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (MATTZ A BOSS @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:55)
Get a friend to buy it for you

This

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

GET A f*ckING JOB. THIS IS AMERICA!!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users