Photo

R* replied about driving physics concern

212 replies to this topic
BattleExel
  • BattleExel

New account: Valwin

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (GTAVwillbeEPIC @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:39)
QUOTE (StingrayX @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:26)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 11:30)
QUOTE (I Luke @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 21:15)
QUOTE (StingrayX @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:43)
I'm sorry but bullsh*t. Some super high end cars will drift like crazy especially if they're RWD. I don't want high end cars to feel fake and dumb. I mean what the f*ck, driving in IV was fun because it felt a little more serious, there was sophistication, and you could really feel the difference between even the most similar cars in certain classes. All they needed to do was fix the body roll and make the sense of speed feel greater. But no, now you can drift a car by turning it at 120mph. suicidal.gif

lol flame me.

Send me that copy of GTA V please? I'd love to play it.

I at least want to see the video where he saw the cars drifting.

No offense but are you blind? Go look at the gameplay video where the 9F was running from the police through Vinewood at night..
IMO I hated IV's driving mechanic and if you say it was realistic its not. I turn a corner w/ normal speed and I drift like crazy.

Obviously you can't drive if you turn a corner like normal and drift. Do you go into a corner hitting the gas? That would explain it all. It's obvious a lot of people here hate IV's physics and simply can't even handle them. I'm not going to say anymore here. dozingoff.gif

Edit:
user posted image
I don't know, maybe the 9F just hit the SUV come towards it and that's what made it slide back, and then you see it loosing traction towards the end of the gif. I still feel iffy but not as.

Actually, if you look very closely, the SUV hits the white 9F on the side which causes the player to brake a bit and control it.

Actually, if you look very close you see police lights.

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

the clip of the sports cars racing is a clip of Franklins Special Ability running at normal speed.

That's why it looks so strange and not realistic - to you it will be slower so you can pick your way through a tight gap in traffic when you need to.

GTAVwillbeEPIC
  • GTAVwillbeEPIC

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (renourish @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:42)
I'm sorry but bullsh*t. Some super high end cars will drift like crazy especially if they're RWD. I don't want high end cars to feel fake and dumb. I mean what the f*ck, driving in IV was fun because it felt a little more serious, there was sophistication, and you could really feel the difference between even the most similar cars in certain classes. All they needed to do was fix the body roll and make the sense of speed feel greater. But no, now you can drift a car by turning it at 120mph. suicidal.gif

lol flame me.

No offense but are you blind? Go look at the gameplay video where the 9F was running from the police through Vinewood at night..
IMO I hated IV's driving mechanic and if you say it was realistic its not. I turn a corner w/ normal speed and I drift like crazy.

Obviously you can't drive if you turn a corner like normal and drift. Do you go into a corner hitting the gas? That would explain it all. It's obvious a lot of people here hate IV's physics and simply can't even handle them. I'm not going to say anymore here. dozingoff.gif

Edit:
user posted image
I don't know, maybe the 9F just hit the SUV come towards it and that's what made it slide back, and then you see it loosing traction towards the end of the gif. I still feel iffy but not as.

Actually, if you look very closely, the SUV hits the white 9F on the side which causes the player to brake a bit and control it.

Actually, if you look very close you see police lights.

Wut?

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:41)
QUOTE (BlademanX @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 14:35)
You should apologize via mouthoff using the same details for being a whiny and moany customer, there was never anything wrong with the driving mechanics, Why would rockstar change what worked in GTA 4? Even if they did, they reserve the right to make changes accordingly, They value feedback and a lot of people on here have already moaned about this a year back, So it would have been addressed

Why the hell would he apologize? I doubt these workers even give a damn about most of the people who message them.

reminds me of the end users at work, moan moan moan, complain complain complain, your best is never good enough,

scales of balance, you upset someone when you please someone else, take a feature out your ruin the game, add a feature in it was never needed,

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

Anyone notice how the email said 'first gameplay video'?

More to come? biggrin.gif

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (r0eladn @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 21:45)
Anyone notice how the email said 'first gameplay video'?

More to come? biggrin.gif

Nothing new.

Watch the first Official Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Video.

http://www.rockstarg...play-video.html

Georgios12
  • Georgios12

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

The world and gtaforums need to see this. Thank the Lords almighty ^.^

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Lol, this is exactly what everyone said who thought the driving was good. OFC it had to come from Rockstar for them to believe us.

TheKolker
  • TheKolker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

"...the first Official Gameplay Video"

The FIRST! Then we can assume there will be more.

I for one, is very hyped about more gameplat videos!

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

Well let's hope I don't have to call them out for bullsh*t in two and a half months.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

Everybody can shut up now.

ScotchMouth
  • ScotchMouth

Single malt no ice

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 11:00)
Thanks OP.

I don't want people to be able to drive easily because they upgraded their car, generally faster cars are supposed to be harder to handle.

Why do you care what other people do?

zoopity
  • zoopity

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

This should shut all the cry babies up.

Ryzon
  • Ryzon

Overpowered

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:12 PM Edited by Ryzon, 10 July 2013 - 10:36 PM.

Does the rockstar email respond to most emails or, I've sent one and I'm wondering if I'll actually get a response?

And how long it usually takes?

tounge.gif

PunkCM
  • PunkCM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (jameznash @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:42)
the clip of the sports cars racing is a clip of Franklins Special Ability running at normal speed.

That's why it looks so strange and not realistic - to you it will be slower so you can pick your way through a tight gap in traffic when you need to.

How do you know??

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Restored faith. I believe R* can deliver.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

We won't know how the driving feels until we play the game. I think it will be fine.

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

lol flame me.

Edit:
user posted image

The SUV hits the 9F, but... where are the damages? If was IV, that little hit at high speed should make the 9F spin ...

Ryzon
  • Ryzon

Overpowered

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Ryzon @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 22:12)
Does the rockstar email respond to most emails or, I've sent one and I'm wondering if I'll actually get a response?

And how long it usually takes?

tounge.gif

Pls help me guys.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (esato @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:32)
The SUV hits the 9F, but... where are the damages? If was IV, that little hit at high speed should make the 9F spin ...

Something like that happened today in IV... and in a bigger, heavier car. I was driving a minivan in IV and someone tapped the side of me on the highway -- I was going a little bit over the speed limit -- and my minivan just spun. Maybe the 9F -- don't forget it's probably AWD because the R8 is -- just has better traction and good body structure thus a tap wouldn't make it spin out of control? I don't know confused.gif

russianpolice
  • russianpolice

AK-47

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (esato @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 22:32)

lol flame me.

Edit:
user posted image

People don't seem to understand that if people don't complain world won't move forward. Complains only make things better. If that was IV, ye the car would lose control. That's why I think IV physics are superior to V from what we've seen.

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 23:12)
QUOTE (esato @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:32)

Something like that happened today in IV... and in a bigger, heavier car. I was driving a minivan in IV and someone tapped the side of me on the highway -- I was going a little bit over the speed limit -- and my minivan just spun. Maybe the 9F -- don't forget it's probably AWD because the R8 is -- just has better traction and good body structure thus a tap wouldn't make it spin out of control? I don't know confused.gif

But at this speed, a little tap in 9F should make at least a little damage in car body... and AT LEAST, make the car do a little drift...

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (russianpolice @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 23:14)

lol flame me.

Edit:
user posted image

People don't seem to understand that if people don't complain world won't move forward. Complains only make things better. If that was IV, ye the car would lose control. That's why I think IV physics are superior to V from what we've seen.

Are you saying you'd rather lose control due to overly exaggerated physics rather than gain traction because of a tight and responsive high performing vehicle? The article wasn't enough for you? Complaining does make voices heard, but what about those of use who feel differently? The ones who've spent the last five years learning the likes and dislikes of the last game's physics and seeing the improvement?

I don't think the claim that you would have crashed makes it superior, based on the car and Rockstar's passion of getting everything right for this game and the fact that they're taking into consideration that a super car actually CAN do that. I remember in IV that I hated driving muscle cars, because they were so powerful that they had absolutely no traction at all and made driving muscle cars irrelevant. This game and video gives me assurance that that issue will in fact change for the better.

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

Rockstar won't fail with creating a five years development of a Grand Theft Auto game, did never did with a GTA game and they never did with any of there games. All games of them were fine to me and so will this one and I can't definitely not be disappointed about a game without having played it.

Thanks OP.

Cheers everyone icon14.gif

russianpolice
  • russianpolice

AK-47

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (GTAVTheHeat @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 23:24)

lol flame me.

Edit:
user posted image

Are you saying you'd rather lose control due to overly exaggerated physics rather than gain traction because of a tight and responsive high performing vehicle? The article wasn't enough for you? Complaining does make voices heard, but what about those of use who feel differently? The ones who've spent the last five years learning the likes and dislikes of the last game's physics and seeing the improvement?

I don't think the claim that you would have crashed makes it superior, based on the car and Rockstar's passion of getting everything right for this game and the fact that they're taking into consideration that a super car actually CAN do that. I remember in IV that I hated driving muscle cars, because they were so powerful that they had absolutely no traction at all and made driving muscle cars irrelevant. This game and video gives me assurance that that issue will in fact change for the better.

That car seems to be going over 100mph, at those speeds cars have no "grip" and the rain too? Be real now, and it's not my fault you hold the gas in muscle cars and don't control the throttle.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (russianpolice @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 23:35)

lol flame me.

Edit:
user posted image

That car seems to be going over 100mph, at those speeds cars have no "grip" and the rain too? Be real now, and it's not my fault you hold the gas in muscle cars and don't control the throttle.

You're missing the point, for one you can't prove that they are going 100 mph. Second, cars once again can do that. Funny that you assume my driving skill in 4 is bad but thats not in this discussion, every muscle car was irrelevant and the speed certainly did not make up for their heavy fish tailing bodies. They had no grip, and funny how you're talking about grip in this game when IV was notorious for not having any at all.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (russianpolice @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:35)

lol flame me.

Edit:
user posted image

It's a videogame.

PoliceFarm
  • PoliceFarm

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

I love how people would have already known this if anyone actually paid attention to the physics of Trevor's truck and the police cars chasing him.

russianpolice
  • russianpolice

AK-47

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (PoliceFarm @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 00:33)
I love how people would have already known this if anyone actually paid attention to the physics of Trevor's truck and the police cars chasing him.

It looks bad. The fast turn he made during helicopter view...he was on a dirt road and made such turn.

GTAVwillbeEPIC
  • GTAVwillbeEPIC

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

The GIF shows it only just about hit the 9F, so it's a tap. He did drift a little bit but he braked before that, this is a smart driver.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users