Photo

R* replied about driving physics concern

212 replies to this topic
Archangelsky
  • Archangelsky

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (russianpolice @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:56)
Yes
QUOTE (Archangelsky @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:54)
QUOTE (kasparlaks @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:47)
YOU SEE???!!! Little PATHETIC f*cking f*ckers. "ooh gta v drivng is terribel, i dont wan any"

Seriously, if you got no understanding that many people have a reason to be worried about the driving in GTA V after watching the clip, especially the one showing the white (Koeningsegg?) then you do not understand how much a proper driving physics mean to a game relying heavily on cars.

The clip with the koeningsegg looks pretty much on the border of what is a mockery of what should be demanded in terms of physics in a game like this.

As I said in another thread, I am a bit on the fence in terms of the physics because we have not seen much yet, but players have every right to voice their worries about that clip.

If that clip is the norm for highly tuned high-end sport cars in GTA V then I will probably not drive them at all, it looks silly.

Though it has to be said we got plenty of choices in GTA V especially in regards to the tuning, so I am still optimistic.

The white car in the rain at night? It looks like Audi R8 just to get it out there smile.gif

Yes that the one, sorry my bad, I confused it with another car ID post from the trailer of an orange car, which I think it is the koeningsegg biggrin.gif

russianpolice
  • russianpolice

AK-47

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:00)
Thanks OP.

Hopefully cars that handle like that have some sort of downfall in one form or another. Perhaps if a car handles that well then if it crashes, it will suffer a lot more than another car. I don't want people to be able to drive easily because they upgraded their car, generally faster cars are supposed to be harder to handle.

ye, there needs to be some balancing in the game.

renourish
  • renourish

New account: Valwin

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

Now this makes me feel great.
Thanks for this! icon14.gif

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

''the first Official Gameplay Video''

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

It's comforting knowing they at least care somebit, I feel a bit more reassured now, thank you for this.

Leafy Hollow
  • Leafy Hollow

Chief Marketing Officer for Trevor Phillip's Interprise

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

Look at Trevor's truck during the video for a more "normal" look and feel of a vehicle as it doesn't quite have the upgrades the sports cars have. OFFTOPIC those police cars are nasty and it's going to be fun trying to get away from them smile.gif

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

Thank god.

Neckbeard
  • Neckbeard

who?

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:05)
''the first Official Gameplay Video''

That isn't really surprising since we got several narrated RDR and MP3 trailers like that and they even teased the Multiplayer reveal

vadTM
  • vadTM

Metalhead

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

icon14.gif should be pinned

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (I Luke @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 21:15)
QUOTE (StingrayX @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:43)
I'm sorry but bullsh*t. Some super high end cars will drift like crazy especially if they're RWD. I don't want high end cars to feel fake and dumb. I mean what the f*ck, driving in IV was fun because it felt a little more serious, there was sophistication, and you could really feel the difference between even the most similar cars in certain classes. All they needed to do was fix the body roll and make the sense of speed feel greater. But no, now you can drift a car by turning it at 120mph. suicidal.gif

lol flame me.

Send me that copy of GTA V please? I'd love to play it.

I at least want to see the video where he saw the cars drifting.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

Cars can drift at high speed, guys. Here.

Those are real cars. Okay? Don't bullsh*t me about "Nobody can drift at high speed in real life", because this video shows they can, and before you say "Oh they're tuned vehicles", you can tune cars in the game too, so that's probably what rockstar showed too.

The roads in IV always felt wet even when dry, people. It wasn't perfect. Just because you got used to it doesn't mean it was perfect. If you liked them anyways, that's fine. But don't bullsh*t me about "It was more realistic!".

ed72o
  • ed72o

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

We'll see who gets the last laugh. cool.gif
I can't wait to see everyone's reaction when V's driving is perfect. colgate.gif

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

R* hasnt replied to any of my mouthoff emails sad.gif

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

After I saw the gameplay I had no doubts. Plus, R* knows what they do. smile.gif

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (kasparlaks @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 09:47)
YOU SEE???!!! Little PATHETIC f*cking f*ckers. "ooh gta v drivng is terribel, i dont wan any"

lol.gif

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (russianpolice @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:47)
QUOTE (I Luke @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:45)
I'm sorry but bullsh*t. Some super high end cars will drift like crazy especially if they're RWD. I don't want high end cars to feel fake and dumb. I mean what the f*ck, driving in IV was fun because it felt a little more serious, there was sophistication, and you could really feel the difference between even the most similar cars in certain classes. All they needed to do was fix the body roll and make the sense of speed feel greater. But no, now you can drift a car by turning it at 120mph. suicidal.gif

lol flame me.

he is kinda right, IV physics look better than in V.

IV physics were exaggerated. Behind the wheel, it was like driving a pick-up truck on every type of car. On foot, it was basically space physics. I don't want arcade, but IV's physics could sure as hell be improved.

mbunleashed09
  • mbunleashed09

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:43)

lol flame me.

The car is highly tuned where it probably has some kind of part that makes turning easier. IMO I hated IV's driving mechanic and if you say it was realistic its not. I turn a corner w/ normal speed and I drift like crazy. I have my car flipped and I just get back up like It's nothing. And how is anybody going to tell anything about the driving with a little clip.

thisnutritiondiet
  • thisnutritiondiet

Rocket-powered Turbo Sloth

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

I'm even more excited hearing this, because I had no complaints whatsoever about the driving. But I just want to say this: YOUR own opinion matters, not everyone else's because YOU'RE the one at September 17, 2013 who's going to play the game YOURSELF. No one is going to play it for YOU. Everyone has their own opinion on how they are satisfied or displeased by the driving, or the more relevant now, driving physics.

I don't think there needs to be any arguments.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

Not just from the reply but after watching the video again and again the handling and physics looks pretty cool. I was hasty in my 1st few responses which carried a significant amount of doubt but after reviewing them and watching the vid again, like I say, they're looking pretty awesome!!

WE'VE GOT A CRACKER OF A GAME HERE!!!!!!

Can't flippin wait!!!!!!!! I just keep smiling each time I think of GTA V and watch/read/hear anything about it smile.gif

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

I can't believe all the people that kept bitching over barely 15 seconds of driving gameplay. sneaky2.gif

rodrich266
  • rodrich266

"After five years on the East Coast, it was time to go home

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

Great to see that, I am glad the controls are going to be different, thank god! icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif panic.gif panic.gif panic.gif panic.gif

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:26 PM Edited by StingrayX, 10 July 2013 - 05:44 PM.

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 11:30)

lol flame me.

No offense but are you blind? Go look at the gameplay video where the 9F was running from the police through Vinewood at night..
IMO I hated IV's driving mechanic and if you say it was realistic its not. I turn a corner w/ normal speed and I drift like crazy.

Obviously you can't drive if you turn a corner like normal and drift. Do you go into a corner hitting the gas? That would explain it all. It's obvious a lot of people here hate IV's physics and simply can't even handle them. I'm not going to say anymore here. dozingoff.gif

Edit:
user posted image
I don't know, maybe the 9F just hit the SUV come towards it and that's what made it slide back, and then you see it loosing traction towards the end of the gif. I still feel iffy but not as.

MrSelfHater
  • MrSelfHater

Awaiting GTA V on PC

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

That's a huge relief biggrin.gif smile.gif colgate.gif happy.gif rolleyes.gif wink.gif lol.gif that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif
Though I won't say I love R* until the little thing under my avatar comes true

JAY UNIT11
  • JAY UNIT11

DO ONE

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

that driving only looked like that because Franklin was using his special ability i think

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

This is the best thing I have read about the game since it was first announced. I'm not even joking.

And this is also a perfect example of how to write a question to R*. You worded it very well and didn't speak like an immature, spoiled 15yr old.

Thank you for posting this! icon14.gif

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

You should apologize via mouthoff using the same details for being a whiny and moany customer, there was never anything wrong with the driving mechanics, Why would rockstar change what worked in GTA 4? Even if they did, they reserve the right to make changes accordingly, They value feedback and a lot of people on here have already moaned about this a year back, So it would have been addressed

MetalMilitia
  • MetalMilitia

Dimebag

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

yes !!!!!! im happy now biggrin.gif

ScarySquirrel
  • ScarySquirrel

Bawbag

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

I trust them to do a good job with the driving physics, although the gameplay trailer does have me concerned a little. I'll be reserving judgement until I can experience it for myself. Like I said, I trust R* to make it awesome.

GTAVwillbeEPIC
  • GTAVwillbeEPIC

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:26)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 11:30)

lol flame me.

No offense but are you blind? Go look at the gameplay video where the 9F was running from the police through Vinewood at night..
IMO I hated IV's driving mechanic and if you say it was realistic its not. I turn a corner w/ normal speed and I drift like crazy.

Obviously you can't drive if you turn a corner like normal and drift. Do you go into a corner hitting the gas? That would explain it all. It's obvious a lot of people here hate IV's physics and simply can't even handle them. I'm not going to say anymore here. dozingoff.gif

Edit:
user posted image
I don't know, maybe the 9F just hit the SUV come towards it and that's what made it slide back, and then you see it loosing traction towards the end of the gif. I still feel iffy but not as.

Actually, if you look very closely, the SUV hits the white 9F on the side which causes the player to brake a bit and control it.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:41 PM Edited by StingrayX, 10 July 2013 - 07:46 PM.

QUOTE (BlademanX @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 14:35)
You should apologize via mouthoff using the same details for being a whiny and moany customer, there was never anything wrong with the driving mechanics, Why would rockstar change what worked in GTA 4? Even if they did, they reserve the right to make changes accordingly, They value feedback and a lot of people on here have already moaned about this a year back, So it would have been addressed

Why the hell would he apologize? I doubt these workers even give a damn about most of the people who message them.

Above: lol blush.gif I worded that sentence out terribly. It's plausible that the SUV tapped the 9F near the rear and that's what caused the 9F to slide. I took a look at the scene frame-by-frame and it appears that the driver was counter-steering whenever the car veered in the wrong directions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users