Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar... Why ?!

200 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you happy about the weapon wheel in V (987 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you happy about the weapon wheel in V

1. Yea (885 votes [93.45%])

Percentage of vote: 93.45%

2. No (62 votes [6.55%])

Percentage of vote: 6.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TheKrigeron
  • TheKrigeron

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

The weapon switching system In IV was atrocious

stangone50
  • stangone50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

Never used a wheel not sure how it works or how its any faster than the old way but I don't like seeing it on the screen like that . Same thing with the driving controls I don't get why they changed these things

I see a lot of guys saying you have to evolve and its better but honestly I don't see it . I don't know if its the younger generation that haven't played with the same controls since 2001

people in general don't welcome change

GTA 3 , VC, LCS, VCS,SA all basically had the same controls and it worked

I say if it aint broke don't fix it ..

lambo3500
  • lambo3500

Team Franklin

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

Happy they put weapon wheel + added slow motion for switching icon14.gif , + it means more weapons can be carried rather than one pistol one smg one shotgun etc

King of the Mole-people
  • King of the Mole-people

People don't forget, nothing is forgiven.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

Aren't these people complaining about every single change so far, the same guys that slam cod for being the same game every year?

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (stangone50 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 21:44)
I say if it aint broke don't fix it ..

That has to be the dumbest, overused, overrated statement ev-f*cking-er.

Don't you get it? If we still had the old system, then saving all the weapons wouldn't work, it simply wouldn't, just imagine how much time it would take to scroll from a pistol to a f*cking sniper, don't you guys get it?

THE. OLD. SYSTEM. WOULDN'T. WORK. IN. V.

Am I clear now? smile.gif

Monty Mantis
  • Monty Mantis

Resident F*ckin' Professional

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:49 PM Edited by Monty Mantis, 10 July 2013 - 06:58 PM.

Oh hey, more 'tradition' idiots are coming out the the metaphorical woodwork! It's a goddamn weapon wheel, its more effective, quicker and a billion times more fluid. Go bitch in a corner with brian. these threads are unbearable.

@Stangone50, "If it ain't broke don't fix it..."

That is the worse phrase that has ever existed. If we didn't 'fix' things we wouldn't be living in f*cking skyscrapers with AC, or driving cars.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Just missing the monocle.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

I'm just glad Rockstar didn't take from MP3 and RDR and make rifles and shotguns visible, like hanging on the protagonists' backs. Not too many people walk down Hollywood Blvd. with dangerous weapons in plain sight.

SickBoi
  • SickBoi

Formerly, KFranchise. I wanna change my name back to it tho...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

I don't see how a weapon wheel is a game breaking feature. Either stick a tampon in it or don't buy the game. Little girls on this forum yo...

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

Hate the idea. It was a royal pain in the ass in RDR. Because when I wanted to switch between them it ALWAYS went to a gun I wasn't trying to go to. Always.
And the reason it did was because they made use of the analog stick to do it...which was the dumbest idea for it. Not to mention it makes it twice as hard to switch
weapons during a HUGE shootout...I don't see how we're going to survive this. I'd dye within seconds if I had to use that wheel. I'd have to run away from the shootout just to switch weapons or hope to
f*ck that I can cover behind a wall that can't be shot out.

Monty Mantis
  • Monty Mantis

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 11:56)
Hate the idea. It was a royal pain in the ass in RDR. Because when I wanted to switch between them it ALWAYS went to a gun I wasn't trying to go to. Always.
And the reason it did was because they made use of the analog stick to do it...which was the dumbest idea for it. Not to mention it makes it twice as hard to switch
weapons during a HUGE shootout...I don't see how we're going to survive this. I'd dye within seconds if I had to use that wheel. I'd have to run away from the shootout just to switch weapons or hope to

How? You hold the RB and move the analog stick to the weapon you want, how is that difficult? Do you have the shaky hands of a crack addict?

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:56)

How do you not know how to use analog sticks in 2013 .
Oh and : 'they made use of the analog stick to do it...which was the dumbest idea for it'
What?

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

will hate that your weapons are now sticking onto you throughout the WHOLE game. That takes away some fun.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Don_Corleone @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 11:00)

Oh and : 'they made use of the analog stick to do it...which was the dumbest idea for it'
What?

I've been using them since before you were born.

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 20:01)

What?

And you still can't switch weapons in RDR?

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 22:00)
will hate that your weapons are now sticking onto you throughout the WHOLE game. That takes away some fun.

I think that they should add a "drop-weapon" feature.
Let's hope so..

Monty Mantis
  • Monty Mantis

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Don_Corleone @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 12:04)
QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 20:01)

What?

And you still can't switch weapons in RDR?

icon14.gif

If you're so experienced, then why do you f*ck up, "every time"?

Colonel_Buttfuck
  • Colonel_Buttfuck

Destroyer Of Worlds

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Instead of bashing R2/L2 until you find the correct weapon in any given situation, a weapons wheel makes it quick and easy. Trust me, you'll learn to love it.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:04)

Let's hope so..

For me it's not that, although I might be inclined to want such a feature eventually.

It's the way that if it's indeed true and the Rockstar employee wasn't wording it horribly wrong that you keep your weapons through the whole game after you first get them, it takes away challenge... it takes away the feeling of grabbing an awesome weapon off of a dead body, or even just a knife. Imagine being caught by the cops and spawning outside AND KEEPING your weapons?! Where's the punishment of being caught then? Money whilst being an important aspect of the game isn't enough of a punishment in my opinion.

And hey, I loved spawning and then beating up some dude and taking their knife, and then moving to bigger fish and taking their gun, and then going upwards in chaos from there on, that was fun for at least myself, nobody else seems to agree.

I hope the Rockstar employee was wording it badly

KarnF91
  • KarnF91

I don't know.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

Sometimes change is a bad thing.

In this case it deserves a god damn parade. Can't wait to switch right to the weapon I want. I won't miss the scrolling, glad its gone.

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 20:13)

Let's hope so..

For me it's not that, although I might be inclined to want such a feature eventually.

It's the way that if it's indeed true and the Rockstar employee wasn't wording it horribly wrong that you keep your weapons through the whole game after you first get them, it takes away challenge... it takes away the feeling of grabbing an awesome weapon off of a dead body, or even just a knife. Imagine being caught by the cops and spawning outside AND KEEPING your weapons?! Where's the punishment of being caught then? Money whilst being an important aspect of the game isn't enough of a punishment in my opinion.

And hey, I loved spawning and then beating up some dude and taking their knife, and then moving to bigger fish and taking their gun, and then going upwards in chaos from there on, that was fun for at least myself, nobody else seems to agree.

No offence but what's so challenging about killing a cop to death?

Or driving a few minutes to a gun spawn point?

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (I Luke @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:17)

Let's hope so..

What do you mean about the challenge of killing a cop?

And yes but those gun spawn points in my opinion are pretty iconic to the GTA series, but it's always one weapon at a time, not all of your 30+ weapons wherever you go

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 20:21)

Let's hope so..

And yes but those gun spawn points in my opinion are pretty iconic to the GTA series, but it's always one weapon at a time, not all of your 30+ weapons wherever you go

Cop = Pistol.. You can kill anyone then..

It's not like you're going to all get 30 weapons at the start.. You've gotta find/kill/buy them more than likely.

Sachs
  • Sachs

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (BoyzNGroveStreet @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:24)
I feel you, its a lil obvious they takin sh*t from other games or whatever, shouldve stuck to the original style.

Well they're taking "sh*t" from their other games. Asshole.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (I Luke @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:32)
QUOTE (josephene123 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 20:21)

Let's hope so..

Cop = Pistol.. You can kill anyone then..

It's not like you're going to all get 30 weapons at the start.. You've gotta find/kill/buy them more than likely.

Yes, but it's not as powerful as an assault rife, or a sniper rifle, or whatever.

I know that you will have to find them and earn them and buy them, but there will be times when I want to feel more limited to what weapons I can use. Being limited creates tension and for me the tension is fun. That's all there is to it. There's no tension in spawning with a rocket launcher, 4 sub machine guns, 4 assault rifles, 4 pistols, a couple of snipers, 4 melee weapons etc

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (dagangsta @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 09:23)
I was just guttered when I saw the weapon wheel in there as I really enjoyed the traditional way of switching weapons cryani.gif . Post your thoughts here.

I enjoyed the traditional way too. I was used to it.

Then, last November, I got RDR. While I occasionally select the wrong weapon by having my stick at the wrong angle, its still a faster way to get your weapon out. One I got used to where the weapons are on the wheel, its just "bam, bam" and you've got what you want.

Skozza89
  • Skozza89

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

II'm happy with it, worked like a charm on RDR. N im sure its real time too none of this pause while you change weapon bull

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'm all for change providing it's good change. While I do like the traditional method I also like the weapon wheel. It would be cool if you could choose between both.

-inVADER-
  • -inVADER-

Have you met my lovely wife, Laura? No! Well, ......

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:39)
I prefer scrolling through weapons than having this huge f*cking wheel blocking off entire screen.

But you are right about that ! It is not good . confused.gif

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Shrimp Fried Rice

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

I love the weapon wheel in RDRedemption, and Max Payne 3.

But the one in V seems a little "cluttered" I don't know how to explain it, it doesn't look right. But I am sure that that is not the final look.

Kjax39
  • Kjax39

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:01)

What?

You must flat out suck and gaming and be the slowest learner in the world. Slower than my great grandma with Alzheimer's.... Who is dead. God rest her soul.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users