Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar... Why ?!

200 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you happy about the weapon wheel in V (987 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you happy about the weapon wheel in V

1. Yea (885 votes [93.45%])

Percentage of vote: 93.45%

2. No (62 votes [6.55%])

Percentage of vote: 6.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TurdsFTW
  • TurdsFTW

Mikhail Faustin's Gyneocologist

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

Weapon wheel or not...

This game will feature a Heckler & Koch G11 caseless assault rifle, and that is all that matters.

Don't believe me? Go to the part in the gameplay trailer where Michael is firing a wierd box-shaped gun from a helicopter.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

I don't see any problem with the weapon wheel, people should just stop crying about everything imo ... rolleyes.gif

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

When I played Red Dead Redemption for the first time I was saying to myself: What is this sh*t?. But now I think that it's a MUST in GTA V, much more quicker and comfortable than the traditional system. You'll see

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

Change. A good one.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Weapon wheel is VASTLY superior to the old way. No question about it after having played both GTAIV and RDR for hundreds of hours each.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

I can't understand why some people want to stick to the old techniques and features.. the driving handling on the other hand is of course understandable, both simulation and arcade are valid options. But a weapon wheel versus a classic scrolling through weapons.. no, not really.

Well, as you can see by the poll results a large majority is in favor of the new weapon switching system.

MOOREMAN
  • MOOREMAN

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

The weapon wheel is a far superior method of selecting a weapon, it only takes a second or two and you have the gun you want. However i dont like that you carry multiple weapons of the same type, i realize that the realism isnt all that important but carrying around a dozen different rifles and pistols always bugged me in rdr. I wish they made you choose what weapon you want at a spot on the wheel and stick with it like the old gtas

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

I think its a pretty cool addition. We can instantly choose our weapon of choice, time slows down so we can pick it at ease and don't miss any action or opportunities and we're also not vulnerable, the wheel looks cool, the slow-mo looks cool, the fade or colour looks cool and its generally pretty funky. Nice touch R* icon14.gif

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

no

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

This kind of polls really need a 3th option with: "I don't care". It happens a lot that I vote null just because I am ok with both.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

I do like it, but I have to admit that the weapons on the wheel look like sh*t, black and white a grainy, but it may still need tweaked, who knows

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

I honestly got quite sick of pressing the d-pad several times until I get the gun I want, especially when in a tight spot.

RDR was much better that way.

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:39)
5 stars, square map, weapon wheel. These things RUINED GTA! I feel like it turns into some Saints Row/Watch Dogs hybrid.
I prefer scrolling through weapons than having this huge f*cking wheel blocking off entire screen.

You can hate me for this post. I dont give a sh*t. It's my opinion.

Great!
One less idiot to deal with in multiplayer. Thanks for hating GTA V smile.gif

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

They wanted to change some things up for the better, so what?

maddy26
  • maddy26

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:38 PM Edited by maddy26, 10 July 2013 - 05:40 PM.

QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:39)
5 stars, square map, weapon wheel. These things RUINED GTA! I feel like it turns into some Saints Row/Watch Dogs hybrid.
I prefer scrolling through weapons than having this huge f*cking wheel blocking off entire screen.

1. : What's with the stupid yellow color??
2. : Go back to the '90 and play some 2d GTA
3 : Go play GTA IV, as the weapon selection is slower than an old woman in a sanatorium
4 : Then play Max Payne 3, because the weapon wheel is in there too, (not for all the weapons, I guess it where 3 at the time, didn't play MP3 for over a year)
5 : Go play Red Dead Redemption. Now you feel why Rockstar put a weapon wheel in the game

If these 5 points don't help, stop playing GTA

dee8ball
  • dee8ball

*clap... *clap... *clap...

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

http://imgur.com/9vFTdiP

I think it looks great.
The weapon wheel was one of my favorite features in RDR. I'm glad it's returning.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (maddy26 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 11:38)

3 : Go play GTA IV, as the weapon selection is slower than an old woman in a sanatorium
4 : Then play Max Payne 3, because the weapon wheel is in there too, (not for all the weapons, I guess it where 3 at the time, didn't play MP3 for over a year)
5 : Go play Red Dead Redemption. Now you feel why Rockstar put a weapon wheel in the game

You shouldn't use Max Payne 3's weapon wheel as an example it was pretty sh*t. It had that delay after opening that prevented you from immediately switching.

RDR's wheel is the perfect example though...

maddy26
  • maddy26

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:44)
QUOTE (maddy26 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 11:38)

You shouldn't use Max Payne 3's weapon wheel as an example it was pretty sh*t. It had that delay after opening that prevented you from immediately switching.

RDR's wheel is the perfect example though...

Yeah, true about MP, but when you play it in that line, you'll see some evolution in the way the weapons are selected

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

It's ok, but I wanted the classic version. It just FEELS like GTA. I'm not disappointed that it's going to be jettisoned though.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (MOOREMAN @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:04)
The weapon wheel is a far superior method of selecting a weapon, it only takes a second or two and you have the gun you want. However i dont like that you carry multiple weapons of the same type, i realize that the realism isnt all that important but carrying around a dozen different rifles and pistols always bugged me in rdr. I wish they made you choose what weapon you want at a spot on the wheel and stick with it like the old gtas

Agree, having all the weapons at the same time seems too much.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • Uganda

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Is it a game breaking feature for you?

Yes > Don't buy the game.
No > Buy the game and don't complain.

Metalhead4
  • Metalhead4

I eat green berets for breakfast

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 13:48)
It's ok, but I wanted the classic version. It just FEELS like GTA. I'm not disappointed that it's going to be jettisoned though.

If weapon switching is what made GTA "FEEL" like GTA, then you are a lost cause. The weapon switching wasn't GTA, it was a game mechanic, one that has finally been tweaked for the better.

BrazilianGirl
  • BrazilianGirl

◕‿‿◕

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Weapon Wheel is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Metalhead4 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:54)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 13:48)

If weapon switching is what made GTA "FEEL" like GTA, then you are a lost cause. The weapon switching wasn't GTA, it was a game mechanic, one that has finally been tweaked for the better.

Way NOT to comprehend my post. icon14.gif

marcx
  • marcx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hm, let's see..

1. played RDR
2. got used to it
3. now I like it
4. yay
5. tounge2.gif

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (SlappyPwnsAss @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:33)
QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:39)

Great!
One less idiot to deal with in multiplayer. Thanks for hating GTA V smile.gif

You won't see me in Multiplayer anyway tounge.gif That's what I hate too (Thanks to stupid "Go f*ck yourself Petrovich" or "Join the sh*tty club at midnight" achievements (Changed achievement names on purpose because they are stupid and impossible to get)). I never said I hate GTA V, I just hate these features.

@maddy26
1. : I can use whatever color I like. Deal with it.
2. : I played 2d GTA's. I really suck at it. Didn't even pass the tutorial on GTA2.
3 : I played GTA IV and changing weapons is faster than in 3d era games.
4 : I played Max Payne 3 and I don't mind the wheel. MP3 is a linear game so you don't really need to scroll through weapons.
5 : That's the only valid argument you have. I played RDR at my friend's house and it's good but it doesn't really fit into GTA.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • Uganda

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 21:11)

5 : That's the only valid argument you have. I played RDR at my friend's house and it's good but it doesn't really fit into GTA.

Uhm, yes it does, if you had the old weapon system it would be hard to save all the weapons at once, that's why all weapons disappeared, with the weapon wheel you got a special section for pistols, SMGs, etc.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 12:25)
QUOTE (Don_Corleone @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 10:22)
QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:10)
QUOTE (brwhizz @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 09:24)
The new way is far more intuitive and less clunky - I'm all for it. If you're going to talk about 'tradition' then you might as well moan at Rockstar for dumping the birds-eye view of the early games - gta changes with the times.

Weapon selection has been the same since the absolute very beginning of the series.
It had not changed in the slightest in over 15 years, weapons selection in GTA truly was traditional.

If they thought like that when they were making gta III, Rockstar and the GTA series wouldn't be where they are today.

Why change something that doesn't need changing?
It'd be like changing the wheel, it's been around for thousands of years, worked perfectly, and suddenly doesn't exist from here on out.

You know how that old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I don't care for the change, but I am sad to see the traditional system go.

Guess what, the old system wouldn't have worked for GTA V, the game will have the most weapons on the GTA history, would you like to be restricted to carry only one type of weapon? Or to scroll to the left throught 30 weapons until you find the one you want? It would be tedious, now, this is why R* added the weapon wheel.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 04:15)
It's sh*t people like you that piss me off OP. Every time there's something new , or it's not exactly like the last, there's always a bunch of idiots who think the old way was better. You just keep arguing against change. Well guess what dumbasses, the reason we don't live in f*cking caves today is because you retards lost that argument every time over and over for the last 400,000 years. You're nothing but a human speed-bump.

Ha hahahahahahahahaha. I just lost my sh*t.

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

With the massive arsenal of weapons R* has provided us with, how can you not be happy with a way of seamlessly switching weapons? Look how swiftly Franklin was able to switch to a new weapon in the heat of the firefight he was in

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users