Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar... Why ?!

200 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you happy about the weapon wheel in V (987 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you happy about the weapon wheel in V

1. Yea (885 votes [93.45%])

Percentage of vote: 93.45%

2. No (62 votes [6.55%])

Percentage of vote: 6.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

If it's anything like Red Dead's weapon wheel then it'll be fine. It makes it quicker and a lot easier to get right to the weapon that you want.

CoolDust
  • CoolDust

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Yeah I dont understand why the would make changing weapons simple and easy... Seriously though I cried tears of joy when I seen the wheel! Its always been a big gripe of mine how cumbersome the weapon changing was in GTA.

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (brwhizz @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:24)
The new way is far more intuitive and less clunky - I'm all for it. If you're going to talk about 'tradition' then you might as well moan at Rockstar for dumping the birds-eye view of the early games - gta changes with the times.

HA!

And

BRAVO

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (brwhizz @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 09:24)
The new way is far more intuitive and less clunky - I'm all for it. If you're going to talk about 'tradition' then you might as well moan at Rockstar for dumping the birds-eye view of the early games - gta changes with the times.

Weapon selection has been the same since the absolute very beginning of the series.
It had not changed in the slightest in over 15 years, weapons selection in GTA truly was traditional.

sufferblind86
  • sufferblind86

Exploring Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

I'm happy with the weapon wheel. Loved it in RDR, and it will make gameplay smoother because we won't spend so much time tapping the d-pad to select a weapon, and less likely to accidentally choose the incorrect weapon.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

It's sh*t people like you that piss me off OP. Every time there's something new , or it's not exactly like the last, there's always a bunch of idiots who think the old way was better. You just keep arguing against change. Well guess what dumbasses, the reason we don't live in f*cking caves today is because you retards lost that argument every time over and over for the last 400,000 years. You're nothing but a human speed-bump.

SP3CTR3
  • SP3CTR3

Puncher of Demons

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

the wheel is convenient. i got tired of switching my weapons in IV after playing red dead.plus, the less time you take switching weapons the more you can enjoy the game. i'm glad R* put it in V.

Wuggatus
  • Wuggatus

Somewhere stuck between joyful and peachy.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (brwhizz @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:24)

if you saw the game-play analysis with CVG, they did not "totally" dump the bird eye view. The game-play showed both birds eye, and 3D. When in tight spots it changes to birds eye.

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:10)

Weapon selection has been the same since the absolute very beginning of the series.
It had not changed in the slightest in over 15 years, weapons selection in GTA truly was traditional.

If they thought like that when they were making gta III, Rockstar and the GTA series wouldn't be where they are today.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Playa

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

GTA broke from tradition in 2001 by going from 2D perspective to 3D. Best thing that ever happened.

This weapon wheel is much more efficient.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Don_Corleone @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 10:22)

If they thought like that when they were making gta III, Rockstar and the GTA series wouldn't be where they are today.

Why change something that doesn't need changing?
It'd be like changing the wheel, it's been around for thousands of years, worked perfectly, and suddenly doesn't exist from here on out.

You know how that old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I don't care for the change, but I am sad to see the traditional system go.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Wasn't IV's quick select already sort of a weapon wheel? Although most wouldn't know there is a quick select feature where you hold down LB and press a D-Pad button because the game either never tells you or makes the tutorial box go away too quickly.

Anywho, I think I'll enjoy not having to scroll through 97 weapons to get to the one I want.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:25)

It'd be like changing the wheel, it's been around for thousands of years, worked perfectly, and suddenly doesn't exist from here on out.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" =/= "There's no room for improvement."

You're a f*cking idiot.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

The old method was stupid, and I'm glad it's gone.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

Looks like RDR's weapon wheel with MP3's style. Love it.

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:30)

You're a f*cking idiot.

This

Hendrix89
  • Hendrix89

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Haven't played RDR so can't say for that weapon wheel.

But it is like Max Payne 3s and loved it as was a lot easier than cycling through guns then on GTA IV + Episodes.

Matt06
  • Matt06

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

Yes I like the weapon wheel. Better than scrolling through the weapons to get to the one I want, then passing it and having to scroll back. People just never seem to be happy and don't like change. Well, times must and always do change and they can't stick with the same rehashed concepts forever.

Pantera2198
  • Pantera2198

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

Dude it's better PERIOD...

Remember having like a 5 star wanted and having to tap,tap,tap,tap,tap opps missed the weapon I need back,back,...
in the mean time niko is struggling keeping up cause he ignorantly had to keep searching his coat pocket ?

This is AWESOME !

GTA:V best game ever.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 10:30)

You're a f*cking idiot.

Can't even properly argue my point so you resort to name calling?

Saddening really, here I was expecting some form of intelligent argument and I get stuck with the brain dead morons.
sad.gif

Well anyways, generally when something needs improving, it normally means the system in place is broken/not working/unfriendly/whatever.
If it works perfectly fine, why reinvent the wheel?

AerialRocket
  • AerialRocket

The one they fear

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (dagangsta @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:23)
I was just guttered when I saw the weapon wheel in there as I really enjoyed the traditional way of switching weapons cryani.gif . Post your thoughts here.

It's time to tell your self that your getting old, Things change.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:39)

You're a f*cking idiot.

Saddening really, here I was expecting some form of intelligent argument and I get stuck with the brain dead morons.
sad.gif

Well anyways, generally when something needs improving, it normally means the system in place is broken/not working/unfriendly/whatever.

Because it can work better.

dro0001
  • dro0001

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

Its not a deal breaker for me, i am more worried about the driving.

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:39)

You're a f*cking idiot.

sad.gif

The wheel is more user friendly and faster to switch weapons, seems like an improvement to me.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

sad.gif

You don't deserve an "intelligent argument" when you're trying to argue that change is bad, and that tradition>improvement.

"Well anyways, generally when something needs improving, it normally means the system in place is broken/not working/unfriendly/whatever."

Right here. Right. F*cking. Here.

This alone is enough to prove you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about.

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

i welcome it. allows you to keep your empty weapon without discarding it. (if you kept empty weapons in classic GTA weapon style, people would complain they have to 'shuffle' through empty weapons) also allows you to see the stats of each weapon (accuracy, damage, firing speed etc.) can also (possibly) carry multiple versions of the same weapon, allowing different customizable options for each one. as beforementioned, no more 'shuffling' through weapons to get the one you want

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

You're a f*cking idiot.

sad.gif

You do know the weapon wheel replaced scrolling in GTA Chinatown Wars, right?

So it's hardly a "tradition", it's an outdated system of cycling through your weapons. I really don't see how people can be surprised or dissapointed, considering it was pretty obvious they would use the weapon wheel present in all of their latest games.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Don_Corleone @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 10:43)

The wheel is more user friendly and faster to switch weapons, seems like an improvement to me.

If its done anything like Max Payne 3, I can expect a royal pain in the ass, the wheel was just not nice, you had to wait like 2 seconds before you could switch to anything. So you couldn't just immediately whip up the wheel and insta-select your murder tool of choice, so you can see why I may be a bit reluctant to accept our new circular master.

All I hopes is that they get rid of any 'stickiness'

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

F*ck traditions. Weapon wheel is an improvement. The only reason previous games didn't have it is because no one had thought of it yet.

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

I prefer the classic one. f*cking retarded RDR John Marston fa**ot

EDIT: and f*ck u max payne

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users