Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Unconfirmed] GTAV and other titles on PC?

31 replies to this topic
ToMuse
  • ToMuse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Sorry in advance if this has already been covered, search is down right now.

Quotes from: http://kotaku.com/ro...to-pc-725194242

Rockstar's Leeds studio recently posted a job opening for somebody to "help bring our latest titles to the PC platform". "Working together with the other Rockstar studios", the advert continued, "you will be responsible for maintaining the studio’s uncompromising quality bar, delivering the highest quality PC experience possible."

Afterwards, the post goes on to say that this listing was taken down, which is a bit dubious. Do you think this is true? Is there any proof like a screenshot of the listing? Being a PC gamer more than anything else, I sincerely hope it is true. confused.gif

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

GTA5 will come for PC, but it won't come anytime soon. I don't know why so many keep doubting a PC Version....

NightMen
  • NightMen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

Of course, it's true, but maybe not for GTAV. Job was already known.

Jewstinian
  • Jewstinian

Sprouting Brass and Slinging Lead

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

I think we were expecting a PC version, and maybe this is related; but maybe it is not.

ToMuse
  • ToMuse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Yep, there's got to be a pc version.
As i've said:
I don't see why they shouldn't bring it to PC. Every major Gta title since 2002 has been on PC: GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas and GTA IV. Also, A large amount of their audience are PC people, and for many, modding is an essential part of the franchise. The only reason Rockstar wouldn't make it available for PC is piracy, GTA IV having been one of the most pirated games ever. However it is the 16th most sold title in history on Games For Windows LIVE alone, so this doesn't count the Mac players.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by iNero, 10 July 2013 - 03:02 PM.

QUOTE (Trund @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:53)
GTA5 will come for PC, but it won't come anytime soon. I don't know why so many keep doubting a PC Version....

cause it actually wouldnt make sense if ou think in buisness.
the illegal downloads of GTA on PC is gigantic and the gain of a port wouldnt really have a point. thats even what Dan Houser said in an interview. They are developing on plattforms which they gain profit.

YOu just have to watch the PC Port of GTA4. there wasnt really much effort in it.

Now the scale of GTA5 is huge, much bigger than GTA4. The Port costs would increase too and if they want to make a good port like MP3 (i guess it was a port from what Ive red) it would cost even more and would take much longer than the GTA4 port. So half year after console release doesnt sound legit to me

( the costs of the game alone are 140.000.000$ compared to GTA4 with 100.000.000

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:59)

the illegal downloads of GTA on PC is gigantic and the gain of a port wouldnt really have a point. thats even what Dan Houser said in an interview. They are developing on plattforms which they gain profit.

YOu just have to watch the PC Port of GTA4. there wasnt really much effort in it.

Now the scale of GTA5 is huge, much bigger than GTA4. The Port costs would increase too and if they want to make a good port like MP3 (i guess it was a port from what Ive red) it would cost even more and would take much longer than the GTA4 port. So half year after console release doesnt sound legit to me

( the costs of the game alone are 140.000.000$ compared to GTA4 with 100.000.000

There's an Xbox Version of it. The port from Xbox to PC isn't really that much trouble, if this was a PS3 exclusive then yeah I'd also say there will never be a PC Version.

If you consider all the illegal Xbox 360 downloads then it wouldn't make any sense to bring out the game for that console as well, yet they do, because there's still enough people that buy the game, same goes for PC.

I don't see how the size of the game makes a difference, doesn't matter if the map is small or big, the game doesn't need to be rebuilt, it will only need a tweaked engine that runs on PC, and like I said, not a big deal due to the Xbox Version, and since it's just an advanced engine of GTA4 they surely know how to port it rather quickly to PC.

It's not something they would work full time on anyways, so the costs shouldn't be high. It'll be a bunch of people only while the main team works on new games.

Personally it doesn't matter to me anyways if it comes to PC, but I'm still sure that it will come.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 14:59)

Wow not even in my toiled I've seen such a big pile of crap.

Dude current consoles have around 120 million users, STEAM alone just passed the 55 million, it keeps growing each day and those are ALL legal players, add to that the players that only buy retail copies like me and you'll haver an idea of the real market.

Well let me rephrase this, this is 2013 it's not 1999 any more, check this out:

2011:

http://www.forbes.co...illion-in-2011/

2012:

Oh and btw, check these numbers and how PC smashed PS3 for a company that doesn't release as much titles for it compared to consoles:

http://www.examiner....ital-sales-rise

I think it's not that bad for a "dead platform", hope you've learned something with this lecture. sigh.gif

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (ToMuse @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 14:51)
Sorry in advance if this has already been covered, search is down right now.

Quotes from: http://kotaku.com/ro...to-pc-725194242

Rockstar's Leeds studio recently posted a job opening for somebody to "help bring our latest titles to the PC platform". "Working together with the other Rockstar studios", the advert continued, "you will be responsible for maintaining the studio’s uncompromising quality bar, delivering the highest quality PC experience possible."

Afterwards, the post goes on to say that this listing was taken down, which is a bit dubious. Do you think this is true? Is there any proof like a screenshot of the listing? Being a PC gamer more than anything else, I sincerely hope it is true. confused.gif

Sure.

user posted image

ToMuse
  • ToMuse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

The port from Xbox to PC isn't really that much trouble

As Microsoft demonstrated at e3 demos last month: http://www.cinemable...Kits-56834.html tounge.gif

ToMuse
  • ToMuse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (lh1 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:13)

Sure.

user posted image

Thanks! smile.gif

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

Not this again dozingoff.gif

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:09)

Wow not even in my toiled I've seen such a big pile of crap.

Dude current consoles have around 120 million users, STEAM alone just passed the 55 million, it keeps growing each day and those are ALL legal players, add to that the players that only buy retail copies like me and you'll haver an idea of the real market.

Well let me rephrase this, this is 2013 it's not 1999 any more, check this out:

2011:

2012:

Oh and btw, check these numbers and how PC smashed PS3 for a company that doesn't release as much titles for it compared to consoles:

http://www.examiner....ital-sales-rise

I think it's not that bad for a "dead platform", hope you've learned something with this lecture. sigh.gif

Did you actually watch the the sale numbers of several games out there?

PC always is the last. far behind. Even BF3 has more players on PS3 than on PC.

@ Trund

its not about the map size... it s about the whole content which is in. all the mini games have to be ported, the side missions, random missions, customization and all that stuff..

and to add that:

http://torrentfreak....of-2011-111230/

PC illegal downloas are almost 3-4 times higher than on xbox. thats a list of 2011 only.

GTAVwillbeEPIC
  • GTAVwillbeEPIC

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (ToMuse @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:13)
The port from Xbox to PC isn't really that much trouble

As Microsoft demonstrated at e3 demos last month: http://www.cinemable...Kits-56834.html tounge.gif

Well it is. Look what happened when they ported IV to PC AND ps3. The advantage they have is that they use x86 architecture in 360 which is exactly the same as PC architecture, the less RAM was the problem.

ToMuse
  • ToMuse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:16)

PC illegal downloas are almost 3-4 times higher than on xbox. thats a list of 2011 only.

They are indeed. The fact is, the only reason pirating is biggest on PC is it's easy.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (ToMuse @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:19)

They are indeed. The fact is, the only reason pirating is biggest on PC is it's easy.

thats right. but the point is that its way higher on PC. and that is the thing that counts

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:59)

So you are saying that Rockstar invested millions of pounds into the RAGE engine on the PC and decided to only use it for 2 games. That is your idea of "good business sense is it ? If the illegal downloads were so "gigantic" why did Rockstar continue to develop for the PC after GTA 4 ? why did they release the DLC on the PC, LA Noire or Max Payne 3 ? Actually come to think of it before people keep using the "herp derp piracy" ask yourself WHY DO COMPANIES STILL RELEASE GAMES ON THE PC ? If piracy is as problematic as you guys think the PC would be a complete waste land ...... yet oddly enough it is the platform with the most games and the most gamers ...... hmmmm.

its not about the map size... it s about the whole content which is in. all the mini games have to be ported, the side missions, random missions, customization and all that stuff..

All of that you listed there runs in the RAGE engine, it is all scripts and assets that use the RAGE engine for execution. Now if Rockstar has half a brain cell (which I am inclined to think they probably do) then it stands to reason scripts and assets designed to work on the console version of the RAGE engine will run on the PC version of the Rage engine. There would be very little work involved in porting the console version to the PC because they already did the work when they ported the damn RAGE engine. This would then give them access to several million more customers. But no it's "herp derp piracy"/

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

you really think its a finger snap to port it to PC...

and why do you think there are so many games with always on requirement?
GTA is an offline Game in first place which means its easy to play an illegal download...

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

The same discussion happens every time a new GTA is coming out. They don't announce a PC version and people get worried. Give it 2 months after release, and they will announce a PC version.

8-9 months from that announcement should see it finally arrive on PC. Nothing to worry about.

DryJohnson45
  • DryJohnson45

Poet to the dumb

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

WE ALL KNOW ITS COMING TO PC, SINCE WHEN WASN'T IT?! DAMN

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:30)

GTA is an offline Game in first place which means its easy to play an illegal download...

Yes it is a snap to port GTA 5 to the PC because they already did the hard work with porting the RAGE engine. Look the sh*t you are saying now was said before GTA 4 was announced. I lost count of the number of people that would say "piracy is bad on the PC so you won't get GTA 4". At least in those days it had some merit because Rockstar had to port the whole game engine to the PC and they hadn't done anything on the PC for years.

Now several years later they are pulling exactly the same thing AGAIN, following the same damn pattern AGAIN and still we have people like you saying the most moronic bullsh*t I have ever read.

If piracy was as big an issue as you make out why did Rockstar continue to develop games on the PC after GTA 4 was so heavily pirated ? If what you are saying is true then Rockstar would have said that they were pulling out of games development on the PC because it is not financially viable. Instead the exact opposite happened they developed and ported more games and their DLC to the PC. Now come on iNero does that sound to you like a company that no longer wishes to develop on the PC due to piracy ?

Now this time around Rockstar have already invested heavily in the PC version of RAGE, there are several websites (even big name sites) offering the ability to pre-order the PC version. There was a damn advert yesterday SPECIFICALLY asking for a PC centric developer for PC ports. Yet here you are still going "herp derp the PC will not get.

Let me make another prediction the next GTA after this one will involve the same f*cking ritual all over again with someone like you going "herp derp da PC not getting the next GTA cos of Piracy".

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:00)
QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:30)

Yes it is a snap to port GTA 5 to the PC because they already did the hard work with porting the RAGE engine. Look the sh*t you are saying now was said before GTA 4 was announced. I lost count of the number of people that would say "piracy is bad on the PC so you won't get GTA 4". At least in those days it had some merit because Rockstar had to port the whole game engine to the PC and they hadn't done anything on the PC for years.

Now several years later they are pulling exactly the same thing AGAIN, following the same damn pattern AGAIN and still we have people like you saying the most moronic bullsh*t I have ever read.

If piracy was as big an issue as you make out why did Rockstar continue to develop games on the PC after GTA 4 was so heavily pirated ? If what you are saying is true then Rockstar would have said that they were pulling out of games development on the PC because it is not financially viable. Instead the exact opposite happened they developed and ported more games and their DLC to the PC. Now come on iNero does that sound to you like a company that no longer wishes to develop on the PC due to piracy ?

Now this time around Rockstar have already invested heavily in the PC version of RAGE, there are several websites (even big name sites) offering the ability to pre-order the PC version. There was a damn advert yesterday SPECIFICALLY asking for a PC centric developer for PC ports. Yet here you are still going "herp derp the PC will not get.

Let me make another prediction the next GTA after this one will involve the same f*cking ritual all over again with someone like you going "herp derp da PC not getting the next GTA cos of Piracy".

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it. Nero obviously plays only consoles and has absolutely no idea just how large the market is for PC gaming.

Hey Nero, GTA IV sold like 3.5 million copies on PC. PC games are easy to pirate but guess what? You can't play online which GTA V is supposed to have revolutionary multiplayer. Most multiplayer focused games or games with a strong multiplayer portion don't get pirated nearly as much as single player only or heavy single player and crap MP games.

Why are you so hell bent on shooting down ANY possibility of there being a PC version? Also it will be a breeze converting GTA V to PC. It has been explained by the above poster. They already have a PC version of the engine.

You think converting the game to PC will cost anything close to what it cost to develop it in consoles? Not even close Rofl, why do you think the Leeds ad was only looking for graphics programmers? Because the scripts are done, that part of the engine has been long in place. I honestly wouldn't doubt them have been developing a PC version the whole time, side by side with the console versions. Just to wait until Christmas to announce the PC and next gen releases. PC to next gen consoles is going to be the easiest converting ever thanks to the new consoles basically being pcs you can't upgrade.

Your lack of knowledge of any of this subject is quite obvious Nero, please learn a thing or two before going on some anti PC rant. Besides without us PC gamers you wouldn't have a console to play on. So you can kindly shove it up your ass, thanks.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

Jeez the crap I read in these forums, even after getting provided with legit sources is astonishing.

What i don't get is why console players talks about things they aren't familiar with, specially about piracy on PC's. Well I'll try a lucky guess, because they are the ones into piracy, they are the ones that use the excuse that they don't have a capable machine or already bought the game so they have the right to pirate it and increase the illegal download statistics.

Well GTA4 Xbox360 was available to download it illegally almost 2 weeks before release and that wasn't a reason to have a bad number of sales. Now grabbing what I said before, STEAM have currently 55 million active users, of those I don't know how many will buy the game but taking into account the excitement around it it's possible that at least 10 million will buy it at launch (more will follow when the game gets promotions), although of those purchase you'll know nothing about, because they never release their sales numbers.

Max Payne 3 for example was in the top of the sales for steam for quite a few weeks, although they never said how many sales that was. So don't judge a game sale based on the retail numbers that someone says, the sales are accounted from the money a company makes, and that you'll never know. Even if a game doesn't sell in a store, Rockstar already made their profit by delivering it to the store.

Nowadays piracy is the argument used by companies when their sht games don't sell as they expected, because they rushed them, didn't make them right because they wanted a quick buck, delivering a piece of junk full of bugs, not fun and crowded with issues.

But like it or not Rockstar will release the game for PC and this time it won't be a lousy port "GTA4 style", the fact that they ask for someone with DX11 is more then enough to show that they aren't making a port from DX9, and other then GTA V there is only RDR that wasn't released for PC, so clearly this is for GTA V.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (DryJohnson45 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:06)

The big question is, when? Let's cross the fingers so it comes before 2014..

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

http://www.neoseeker...-4-during-sale/
sarcasm.gif

rodrich266
  • rodrich266

"After five years on the East Coast, it was time to go home

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Trund @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 08:53)

Exactly, GTA V will arrive on PC around 7 months later after it is released on consoles. Just like GTA IV, trust me

rodrich266
  • rodrich266

"After five years on the East Coast, it was time to go home

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 18:25)

http://www.neoseeker...-4-during-sale/
sarcasm.gif

BURN user posted image

"Selling like digital hotcakes" haha!

GTAVAu
  • GTAVAu

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

Old news - http://www.gta5cheat...-version-gta-v/

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (rodrich266 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 00:26)
QUOTE (Trund @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 08:53)

Exactly, GTA V will arrive on PC around 7 months later after it is released on consoles. Just like GTA IV, trust me

GTA V PC will be out by October/ November of 2013. moto_whistle.gif

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 00:11)
QUOTE (DryJohnson45 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:06)

The big question is, when? Let's cross the fingers so it comes before 2014..

I'm actually praying it doesn't come out till late 2014, and look at my rig in my signature sad.gif I pre-ordered the Special Edition for Xbox 360, paid in full, and would hate for it to be a waste and have a superior version come out just a couple months after dropping $80...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users