Photo

What is the point of life?

43 replies to this topic
Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

The point of life is to enjoy it until it ends.

What else would you be living for if it wasn't to have enjoyment, peace and fun? You're always working your way to get it though, or do you think that people actually like to study, work and do other obligations?

It's all about the result.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 12:10)
I don't think there is a universal point to life. Everyone's will be different, some people will want to get rich, some people want to be happy, some people want to do charity work. The point of your life, all depends on what you actually want.

It all boils down to happiness then, doesn't it? The only difference is in the things that make you happy.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:30)
QUOTE (tms_junk @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 12:10)
I don't think there is a universal point to life. Everyone's will be different, some people will want to get rich, some people want to be happy, some people want to do charity work. The point of your life, all depends on what you actually want.

It all boils down to happiness then, doesn't it? The only difference is in the things that make you happy.

Yeah exactly, that's what i was trying to get at.

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

People who ask this question are generally unhappy with their lives. Nihilism makes no sense.

There is no meaning to life. Survival does not give meaning. Working 40 hours a week is not the meaning, nothing is. We are born into this infinite universe where pretty much anything is possible. Is up to you to create meaning. The fact that existence is true gives some sort of meaning. But is non-existence even possible?

For me, creating positive energy, exploring and experiencing the highs and lows of reality is my meaning. This is just a ride

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

To make the world a better place for the next generation. At least, try to.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (MarshDanni @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:24)
To reproduce smile.gif

user posted image
Yes it had to be that big.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

It'd be pretty cool to see if anything would happen if the entire world instantly died out.

But really there is no point to life, not that we definitely know of. It's quite an odd thing to think about.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Mister @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 20:32)
People who ask this question are generally unhappy with their lives. Nihilism makes no sense.

There is no meaning to life. Survival does not give meaning. Working 40 hours a week is not the meaning, nothing is. We are born into this infinite universe where pretty much anything is possible. Is up to you to create meaning. The fact that existence is true gives some sort of meaning. But is non-existence even possible?

For me, creating positive energy, exploring and experiencing the highs and lows of reality is my meaning. This is just a ride

Nihilism makes no sense and then you start talking like Schopenhaeur and end up with Nietzsche? son what

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:55)
QUOTE (Mr.Mister @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 20:32)

Nihilism makes no sense and then you start talking like Schopenhaeur and end up with Nietzsche? son what

I wasn't aware that I was talking like these people. What are you confused about?

Tyler
  • Tyler

I couldn't possibly comment

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

You're right in a way. Every moment is fleeting and in the end there's nothing left. You're living, and some would say you're dying. Both are right. Figure out how you respond to the world around you and go from there. There's not much point in us trying to do it for you, it's one of those things that has as many answers as there are people.

However, if you want to ask about something else then feel free. Just don't expect people to be able to answer something so broad as "what is the point of life?"
  • Moth likes this

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

Savor every moment as if it were your last.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

There is no point of life. It is conceded to think any of us are here for a reason or 'point'.

Exist and be happy to exist. We are no different than an ant or a worm.

Enjoy being one of the higher functioning life forms. We get cool things with being in that higher functioning group.

Be good.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:45)
Life doesn't seem to intrest me anymore. I mean, when I have fun or do something I like. It doesn't last forever. For intstance if I eat my favourite for and I enjoy it. Then when I am finished, its finished, no more food, get my point. Or if I watch a intresting movie, when I am done with it, its finished. See where I am going with this? It is SO frustrating I mean. Life is we live, we destroy, we reproduce, we die. What is your view on the point of life?

You really need to get into psychedelics. They will change your whole perspective on life.

Verdant
  • Verdant

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

The point of life is to enjoy it as much as you can. Leave that past sadness life behind and move forward.
Forget about about the bad things in life, and always look on the bright side.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users