Photo

Which console should I buy?

122 replies to this topic
FreeKurdistan
  • FreeKurdistan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:02 AM

Du kjper gjerne Playstation 3 smile.gif hadde ikke vurdert xbox om jeg var deg.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

I'll choose the truth I like.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:02 AM

Xbox was my first console, then Xbox360, and I've always preferred the 360 controller. I have OCD, so seeing PS3 buttons on the screen (Triangle, square, circle and X) irritates me more than I like to admit. I've always been an Xbox fanboy, but I will definitely be getting the PS4, not Xbox One. I'm also trying to decide which console to get GTA V for. I want t get it for PS3 since it seems to be the better optimized one (unless Sony made a deal with R*), but my OCD will unfortunately ruin the whole experience for me. Help! sad.gif

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

ps3, since online is free, and whole footage been shown on ps3 we can assume its better version

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (PhilosophicalZebra @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:02)
Xbox was my first console, then Xbox360, and I've always preferred the 360 controller. I have OCD, so seeing PS3 buttons on the screen (Triangle, square, circle and X) irritates me more than I like to admit. I've always been an Xbox fanboy, but I will definitely be getting the PS4, not Xbox One. I'm also trying to decide which console to get GTA V for. I want t get it for PS3 since it seems to be the better optimized one (unless Sony made a deal with R*), but my OCD will unfortunately ruin the whole experience for me. Help!  sad.gif

Sony did make a deal with Rockstar , did you know that they'll have an exclusive bundle for the PS3 meaning made a deal but not really a huge deal as I think cause Sony is getting ready for next generation so they need the money to publish exclusives

@KonradGM , Max Payne 3 was shown on the PS3 yet the Xbox 360 version looked slightly better with the shading and lighting

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

I'll choose the truth I like.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:05)
Xbox was my first console, then Xbox360, and I've always preferred the 360 controller. I have OCD, so seeing PS3 buttons on the screen (Triangle, square, circle and X) irritates me more than I like to admit. I've always been an Xbox fanboy, but I will definitely be getting the PS4, not Xbox One. I'm also trying to decide which console to get GTA V for. I want t get it for PS3 since it seems to be the better optimized one (unless Sony made a deal with R*), but my OCD will unfortunately ruin the whole experience for me. Help!  sad.gif

Sony did make a deal with Rockstar , did you know that they'll have an exclusive bundle for the PS3 meaning made a deal but not really a huge deal as I think cause Sony is getting ready for next generation so they need the money to publish exclusives

But does this necessarily mean that they're also showing the PS3 version cuz it's better, or just because they have that deal?

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (KonradGM @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:03)
ps3, since online is free, and whole footage been shown on ps3 we can assume its better version

"Players can expect the same great gameplay experience on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms as they have both been developed in tandem. Like all of our games, trust that were committed to making sure Grand Theft Auto V looks and runs as great as possible regardless of whether you pick it up for PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, and we are excited for fans on both platforms to experience Grand Theft Auto V this September. We expect any visual differences to be completely negligible." dozingoff.gif

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (PhilosophicalZebra @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:06)
Xbox was my first console, then Xbox360, and I've always preferred the 360 controller. I have OCD, so seeing PS3 buttons on the screen (Triangle, square, circle and X) irritates me more than I like to admit. I've always been an Xbox fanboy, but I will definitely be getting the PS4, not Xbox One. I'm also trying to decide which console to get GTA V for. I want t get it for PS3 since it seems to be the better optimized one (unless Sony made a deal with R*), but my OCD will unfortunately ruin the whole experience for me. Help! sad.gif

But does this necessarily mean that they're also showing the PS3 version cuz it's better, or just because they have that deal?

I think the deal , the reason is that they showed Max Payne 3 on the PS3 but yet the Xbox 360 version looked slightly better , the reason is that Rockstar had RAGE working really well on the Xbox 360 then when Max Payne 3 came out , they began working on improving RAGE so it can look identical on both systems

$3@N
  • $3@N

WERZ DA DAM PATCHZ

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:10 AM

PS3 for sure.

Its cheaper, quieter, has a way better drive than the 360 and user upgradable storage.

The PC Version when it comes out for glorious modding as well.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:10 AM

I personally prefer the 360 because its the console that all my friends are on. Other than that I like both consoles equally.

So it depends. Which console do your friends have?

If you don't plan on playing MP with anyone, or your friends play on the PS3, I'd recommend getting the GTA V PS3 bundle. Judging by them having a PS3 bundle, I get the feeling that the PS3 version may get exclusive DLC which will be ported to other platforms later, kinda like how TLAD and TBoGT were Xbox 360 exclusive.

For me, my friends are getting the Xbox 360 version so that is the version I'll be getting. I'll probably get the PS3 version if there are exclusives for it, or I get to college and find out that my friends there play on the PS3.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (GTAVwillbeEPIC @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:27)
QUOTE (FranklinsBroJT @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:17)
QUOTE (wwinterj @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:13)
I'd say PS3. Sure it doesn't have Mass Effect(the first one) on it but it does have free online, great exclusives like The Last of Us and has some good support that will continue after the PS4 launch. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix and Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster is also a plus.
I can't think of any exclusives coming out for the 360 and as others have said having a blue-ray player is always a bonus.

Just to help not trying to start anything but
State of decay
Fable
Minecraft
Halo
Gears of war
Spartacus legends
Mass effect
Alan wake

PS3:

The Last Of Us
Uncharted 1,2 and 3
Heavy Rain
Gran Turismo 5
Journey
Killzone
Ratchet and Clank
Infamous 1 and 2
Resistance
Motorstorm
God of War

Don't start.

Your reading comprehension is mind boggling. According to your test scores you scored inbetween that of a fourth grader and a fifth grader, Congratulations on this monumental achievment.

Do you not see where he says just trying to help, not starting anything. Rofl, gotta love the internet.

Anyways, I haven't gamed on console in years but when I was gaming on console PS3 versions of games constantly had problems. I noticed this with every Bethesda game, and a lot of others as well. Granted it has been over three years since I have played games on a console or even cared about them.

My question is, to all the PS3 owners, has the quality of games evened out? Because I am thinking of picking up a console for GTA V to hold me over till PC release (YES THERE WILL BE, DON'T TELL ME NO!), and was thinking PS3 since when I stop using it I will have a blu ray player at the least.

Thanks everyone.

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:12 AM

Neither console will have it's advantages/disadvantages when it comes to playing V. But if you're looking for a better online experience, I'd suggest Xbox. Even though PS3 online is free, I enjoy playing Xbox Live because most of the people I know have Xbox.

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (KonradGM @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:03)

I don't see how you can assume PS3 is the better version just because they showed gameplay on it. Rockstar already stated that neither console will have advantages/disadvantages.

thebestgameever
  • thebestgameever

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (assmillk @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:12)
Neither console will have it's advantages/disadvantages when it comes to playing V. But if you're looking for a better online experience, I'd suggest Xbox. Even though PS3 online is free, I enjoy playing Xbox Live because most of the people I know have Xbox.

Wait, so he should get the XBOX because it has a better online experience because YOU know more people in real life that play the XBOX 360...

Makes sense :

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:09)
QUOTE (PhilosophicalZebra @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:06)

I think the deal , the reason is that they showed Max Payne 3 on the PS3 but yet the Xbox 360 version looked slightly better , the reason is that Rockstar had RAGE working really well on the Xbox 360 then when Max Payne 3 came out , they began working on improving RAGE so it can look identical on both systems

Actually both PS3 and 360 version of Max Payne 3 had pros and cons. The PS3 version was sharper but the 360 had a more stable frame rate.

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

P-S-3! P-S-3! P-S-3! everyone join! P-S-3!

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 03:05)
@KonradGM , Max Payne 3 was shown on the PS3 yet the Xbox 360 version looked slightly better with the shading and lighting

No it didn't they looked almost identical apart from a few AA changes (360 used FXAA, PS3 used MLAA), those "missing" things noted in the preview are just errors as the particle effects etc, later appear in both, for example it was noted the PS3 version was missing some splash effects when Max jumps out of a boat, but later on those same effects appear anyway, if they were cut from the game they'd be off all the time on the PS3, not just for a few scenes.

Besdies, if you want to get picky, the PS3 had BETTER FRAMERATES in these tests often reaching around 35 and 36 fps compared to the 360's 32 and 33 fps. Again, minor thing, not really THAT big, but the point is that Max Payne 3 was made specifically for each platform, they all have their benefits and hell, there's nothing really wrong with any of them, just small changes.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (thebestgameever @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:15)
Neither console will have it's advantages/disadvantages when it comes to playing V.  But if you're looking for a better online experience, I'd suggest Xbox.  Even though PS3 online is free, I enjoy playing Xbox Live because most of the people I know have Xbox.

Wait, so he should get the XBOX because it has a better online experience because YOU know more people in real life that play the XBOX 360...

Makes sense :

Not that but the Xbox 360 version is getting more pre-orders , that is why a lot of people assuming that the Xbox 360 version will have beter online experience cause you'll have full matches

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:13)
I'd say PS3. Sure it doesn't have Mass Effect(the first one) on it but it does have free online

Actually, it does now, so the Mass Effect trilogy is available in full on the PS3 to. It came out sometime last year.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:16)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 03:05)

No it didn't they looked almost identical apart from a few AA changes (360 used FXAA, PS3 used MLAA), those "missing" things noted in the preview are just errors as the particle effects etc, later appear in both, for example it was noted the PS3 version was missing some splash effects when Max jumps out of a boat, but later on those same effects appear anyway, if they were cut from the game they'd be off all the time on the PS3, not just for a few scenes.

Besdies, if you want to get picky, the PS3 had BETTER FRAMERATES in these tests often reaching around 35 and 36 fps compared to the 360's 32 and 33 fps. Again, minor thing, not really THAT big, but the point is that Max Payne 3 was made specifically for each platform, they all have their benefits and hell, there's nothing really wrong with any of them, just small changes.

I didn't say there was something wrong , I said that the Xbox 360 version had a little better shading , not really that big of a deal, and the PS3 version and the Xbox 360 version were all 30 FPS , they didn't go up or down

doutee7
  • doutee7

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:21 AM

PS3 ALL DAY
even the GTA V gameplay video was on PS3

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 03:20)
and the PS3 version and the Xbox 360 version were all 30 FPS , they didn't go up or down

...You don't know what you're talking about do you?

thebestgameever
  • thebestgameever

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:17)

Makes sense :

Not that but the Xbox 360 version is getting more pre-orders , that is why a lot of people assuming that the Xbox 360 version will have beter online experience cause you'll have full matches

thing is the ps3 and 360 version of GTA V will still be very very high, well over 5 million for each. What I mean is that the amount of people online for each system will be so high that you won't really see much of a difference since both games will be packed with players.

But yea, the 360 will most likely get the most sales.

RDR sold mainly on the 360 yet I had no problem getting into packed servers back in the day on the ps3 ( even now I can get into servers with over 10 people)

What that guy posted wasn't referring to more people online, I just find what he posted amusing ( read it again)

PlaystationGamer266
  • PlaystationGamer266

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (thebestgameever @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:23)

Makes sense :

thing is the ps3 and 360 version of GTA V will still be very very high, well over 5 million for each. What I mean is that the amount of people online for each system will be so high that you won't really see much of a difference since both games will be packed with players.

RDR sold mainly on the 360 yet I had no problem getting into packed servers back in the day on the ps3 ( even now I can get into servers with over 10 people)

What that guy posted wasn't referring to more people online, I just find what he posted amusing ( read it again)

no it didn't

http://www.vgchartz....ead-redemption/

360:5.6m
PS3:5.49m

anyways, i see gta v selling 50/50 on each platform smile.gif

KLLRDG
  • KLLRDG

Poot

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

Having played both GTA IV and Red Dead on the Xbox and Playstation, I'd say they perform better on the Xbox.
This is an opinion, though. I've still got my old Elite with the 160gb HD, never had any mechanical issues since I bought it, and I've downloaded both games onto it for minimal lag.

If you're really itching to play online, though, PS3 is free.
You'll need a gold membership to play online on an Xbox...

So, final verdict?
Well. Think of it like this.
You mentioned online. Which console do the majority of your friends own? Almost every friend I intended to play online with had an Xbox, so ultimately that's what I based my decision on.
Totally happy with it.

thebestgameever
  • thebestgameever

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (PlaystationGamer266 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:25)

Makes sense :

no it didn't

Yea.. vgchartz is pretty much bullsh*t and banned on pretty much every other site for that reason.

Take two actually said RDR hit 13 million sales, which is more than the ps3 and 360 sales combined on that website.

It is probably more like 8 mil on the 360, 5 on the ps3 by my guess.

http://uk.gamespot.c...hits-4m-6349683

Still closer than I thought though.

PlaystationGamer266
  • PlaystationGamer266

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (thebestgameever @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:29)

Makes sense :

no it didn't

Yea.. vgchartz is pretty much bullsh*t and banned on pretty much every other site for that reason.

Take two actually said RDR hit 13 million sales, which is more than the ps3 and 360 sales combined on that website.

i know vgchartz isn't perfect, but how is your guess any better? you're just pulling numbers out of your ass like they do?

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by Ibrahimhassounah, 10 July 2013 - 02:42 AM.

QUOTE (PlaystationGamer266 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:31)

Makes sense :

RDR sold mainly on the 360 yet I had no problem getting into packed servers back in the day on the ps3 ( even now I can get into servers with over 10 people) ,

no it didn't

i know vgchartz isn't perfect, but how is your guess any better? you're just pulling numbers out of your ass like they do?

The reason I know that VGcharts are really PlayStation fanboys is that they even change in words , when the developer say
"Xbox 360 and PS3" , they switch to "PS3 and Xbox 360" showing that they really hate the Xbox , your also lying , the PS3 version sold 5.49 million copies , the Xbox 360 version sold 5.60 copies

Ryzon
  • Ryzon

Overpowered

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:40 AM

Oh for the love of god is this thread still going on..

Rockstar said "both versions are pretty much identical!" this means, unless you have the best attention to detail in the world, you won't be able to spot much of a difference.

Someone please lock this thread..

PlaystationGamer266
  • PlaystationGamer266

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:37)

Makes sense :

RDR sold mainly on the 360 yet I had no problem getting into packed servers back in the day on the ps3 ( even now I can get into servers with over 10 people) ,

no it didn't

The reason I know that VGcharts are really PlayStation fanboys is that they even change in words , when the developer say
"Xbox 360 and PS3" , they switch to "PS3 and Xbox 360" showing that they really hate the Xbox , your also lying , the PS3 version sold 5.49 million copies , the Xbox 360 version sold 5.60 copies

Why does it matter what order they say it in? plus wouldn't they be 360 fanboys if they said it the other way around? so it's a no win situation

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (PlaystationGamer266 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:44)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:37)

Makes sense :

no it didn't

Why does it matter what order they say it in? plus wouldn't they be 360 fanboys if they said it the other way around? so it's a no win situation

I won't agree , what I meant is that they change the words developers said , like I told you they really change the words so the PS3 version look better

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users