Photo

Which console should I buy?

122 replies to this topic
Ryzon
  • Ryzon

Overpowered

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (epoxi @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:51)
QUOTE (Ryzon @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:49)
The most sensible reasoning of this is very simple, we already know Sony has a deal with playstation, such as the special edition and such, its entirely possible they simply paid for their console to be the one they show gameplay on.

Can you please link me to the place you read this?

No, I honestly cannot be bothered to look for it at this time.

Go look up Sony's E3 press-conference.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (Ryzon @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:54)

You certainly see it as an important piece of information to share, so I am very surprised that you "cannot be bothered to look for it."

Consequently, I would advise OP "Goldmine Sucks" to disregard your post as it would appear the information you are providing is unverified and hence probably not true.

throat poka
  • throat poka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

There are benefits to both. It really comes down to three categories. One, I can't stand the PS3 controller, the Xbox 360 is more ergonomically correct and better suited for long play sessions - but that's my opinion, you have to find out which controller best suits you. Two, online is pretty important. You have to pay for xbox live to play multiplayer, while it's free on PSN - also worth note is that things like Netflix don't require a payed for account on PSN, but xbox live generally handles matchmaking a little better. Lastly, exclusive titles are an important thing to consider when choosing a console. PS3 fans will tell you with conviction that it has better exclusives - I believe that's still a matter of opinion. 360 and PS3 both have plenty of exclusive titles, but considering you haven't played a game in years it sounds like that isn't entirely important to you. If you're just buying a new console exclusively to play GTA V, either PS3 or 360 are perfect choices. Take into account all of the things I've mentioned here. Go to a friends house and play both and get a feel for them. I suppose I should also mention that most game journalists said GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption looked and played only slightly better on the Xbox 360, but they're so close to identical that that little factoid isn't really that important. Choose well.

As a side note, My Xbox Live gamer-tag is Throat Filla (don't judge me, I made it when I was 17) and my PSN ID is Throat Poka (again, don't judge me). Add me when you decide which console to choose (and please don't get swept up in any of this console war, fanboy BS). See you in September. Peace!

smidders
  • smidders

Master Splinter

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:07 AM

I've got a 360 but i think you should get get a ps3 it has better exclusives and multiplayer is free. the only reason i don't own a ps3 is because i hate the controller.

Ryzon
  • Ryzon

Overpowered

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:09 AM Edited by Ryzon, 10 July 2013 - 01:11 AM.

QUOTE (epoxi @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:58)

You certainly see it as an important piece of information to share, so I am very surprised that you "cannot be bothered to look for it."

Consequently, I would advise OP "Goldmine Sucks" to disregard your post as it would appear the information you are providing is unverified and hence probably not true.

Oh, my mistake for assuming members of this forum are actually people who stay connected to the gaming world, how foolish of me to assume that..

If you honestly haven't heard about the special grand theft auto 5 playstation 3 then I would honestly just advice you do some research before advising that someones disregards a post.

I also find it quite funny that you want the only post in this thread with actual backing behind it that isn't "Oh, the gameplay is on this system therefor it must be better" to be disregarded.

If you wish to go digging into a 2 hour press-conference to find the piece of information where sony goes "Oh we have a special grand theft auto 5 playstation 3 coming out!" then go ahead, but its 3am, I would rather not.

For the record, I prefer the 360 on multi-platform games and the ps4 when it comes to exclusives.
As Grand Theft Auto 5 is on both platforms, thats the one I'll be going with.

Hope you're happy with which-ever console you choose smile.gif

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (GTAVwillbeEPIC @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:27)
QUOTE (FranklinsBroJT @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:17)
QUOTE (wwinterj @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:13)
I'd say PS3. Sure it doesn't have Mass Effect(the first one) on it but it does have free online, great exclusives like The Last of Us and has some good support that will continue after the PS4 launch. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix and Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster is also a plus.
I can't think of any exclusives coming out for the 360 and as others have said having a blue-ray player is always a bonus.

Just to help not trying to start anything but
State of decay
Fable
Minecraft
Halo
Gears of war
Spartacus legends
Mass effect
Alan wake

PS3:

The Last Of Us
Uncharted 1,2 and 3
Heavy Rain
Gran Turismo 5
Journey
Killzone
Ratchet and Clank
Infamous 1 and 2
Resistance
Motorstorm
God of War

Don't start.

Xbox has Forza...

throat poka
  • throat poka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (epoxi @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:58)

I can't say for sure whether Sony paid Rockstar to only show the PS version, but I know they for sure have a deal with Rockstar for a GTA V/PS3 bundle, as well as a PS headset bundle. You can find that info right on Rockstar's website. Again, does it mean Sony's paid them off, or signed some sort of deal? Who the hell knows, but they should be showing both consoles - that's fair to the consumer.

thebestgameever
  • thebestgameever

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

PS3 for Infamous, uncharted and most importantly, THE LAST OF US. A game no one should ever miss.

Or you can get the GTA V edition PS3, that comes with a custom GTA V headset and the game. Looks pretty sweet.

360 is a good console, but honestly the only game to me that was even good was Alan wake and L4D2 ( that happened to be a lot better on the PC). Not a fan of halo or gears, but you may like them.

Also some multi plats run and look better on the XBOX 360, so that may be important too ( not a massive difference, most are similar anyway)

ps3 has free online play too.

Also, don't forget PS +, for a fee lower than XBOX GOLD you can get like 6 instant PS3 games ( depending on where you live, and I mean ACTUAL console games and not small arcade games). You will have a lot of stuff to play in the mean time.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

Get the PS3 version cause it is the better version. Rockstar only shows off the best version of their game.

GTA IV: Xbox deal and was shown on Xbox 360
RDR: Sony deal and was shown on Xbox 360
GTA V: Sony deal and was shown on PS3

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:18 AM

Here we go. Ps3 people saying its the best version when they clearly said they are identical. Seriously it never ends

Based_God1
  • Based_God1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

I'd say PS3. Sure it doesn't have Mass Effect(the first one) on it but it does have free online, great exclusives like The Last of Us and has some good support that will continue after the PS4 launch. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix and Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster is also a plus.
I can't think of any exclusives coming out for the 360 and as others have said having a blue-ray player is always a bonus.

State of decay
Fable
Minecraft
Halo
Gears of war
Spartacus legends
Mass effect
Alan wake

State of Decay is coming to PC
Fable 1 is on PC
Halo 1 and 2 are on PC
Gears of War 1 is on PC
Spartacus Legends is on PS3 as well
Mass effect is on PSN
Alan Wake is on PC

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (NotTroll @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:15)
hmm xbox?

red dead redemption & Gta IV better on xbox. the only downside you have to pay if you want to play online.

It isn't even a downside , you pay and they don't get hacked a lot and there won't be lagging a lot in games , the online experience is gonna be better with the Xbox Live

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:33)
hmm xbox?

red dead redemption & Gta IV better on xbox. the only downside you have to pay if you want to play online.

It isn't even a downside , you pay and they don't get hacked a lot and there won't be lagging a lot in games , the online experience is gonna be better with the Xbox Live

Why do people say PSN gets hacked a lot? It only happen once while Xbox Live happen more times. Do you guys forget or choose to ignore it? Paying $60 isn't going to do anything with connection. It's about YOUR CONNECTION and what the developers use. The experience is going to be the same on both. Xbox might have more kids screaming on it.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Thats atleast somthing that cant be denied. XBL is more stable, secure, less latency issues.

Also XBL has never been hacked on a scale like PSN's was... not even close..... peoples f*cking credentials were in unencrypted text docs

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

QUOTE (redx165 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:16)
Get the PS3 version cause it is the better version. Rockstar only shows off the best version of their game.

Since we're making assumptions, how about SONY's deal? If R* ONLY showed the better platform, they wouldn't have shown the Xbox version also to Game Kings or whoever those people were. I assume SONY's deal with R* has to do with GTA 5 being mostly shown on PS3.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:38)
hmm xbox?

Why do people say PSN gets hacked a lot? It only happen once while Xbox Live happen more times.

Yes, hacking is very prevalent on GTAIV on XBOX360.

I stopped playing BOGT online because there would always be a hacker with pistols that fired rockets, or spawning 10 million cars to the point my console would freeze up and the only way to get out is to unplug the power.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:41 AM Edited by Ibrahimhassounah, 10 July 2013 - 01:47 AM.

QUOTE (Ryzon @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:54)
QUOTE (epoxi @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:51)
QUOTE (Ryzon @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:49)
The most sensible reasoning of this is very simple, we already know Sony has a deal with playstation, such as the special edition and such, its entirely possible they simply paid for their console to be the one they show gameplay on.

Can you please link me to the place you read this?

Sony said in there conference that they'll have exclusive GTAV bundle , but they didn't call Rockstar Games as partners , and they didn't confirm any deals , there was a rumor at NeoGaf that said that they paid 5 million for the bundles , Sony doesn't have that kind of money to lose it for partnering with Rockstar Games , they'll have to pay at least 50 million dollars and one of the reasons they have 40 exclusives for the PS4 is that they used there money for these kind of exclusives (to publish them) , the reason they can't pay is that Sony is even getting divided to two parts , that means they'll be a 9 billion dollars worth , now that they're 18 billion dollars worth

@epoxl , TBOGT also have a lot of hackers on the PS3 ; TBOGT it self, have a weak anti-hack system so it get hacked on both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 , GTA IV doesn't have a lot of hackers on the 360 , but the PS3 have a little more hackers but they don't effect the game a lot like the TBOGT version

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:44 AM Edited by redx165, 10 July 2013 - 01:46 AM.

QUOTE (Masterfocker @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:38)

Since we're making assumptions, how about SONY's deal? If R* ONLY showed the better platform, they wouldn't have shown the Xbox version also to Game Kings or whoever those people were. I assume SONY's deal with R* has to do with GTA 5 being mostly shown on PS3.

They did show RDR's PS3 gameplay too. Just not as much as the Xbox version. Yet Sony had a deal with them. Now GTA V is the same and the PS3 version is clearly better.

Why can't you accept it when I just shown you proof? I know you're a Xbox fanboy and you won't believe it.

I know you're one cause you always defend M$ for anything they do. I bet you defended the Xbox One too. I'm trying to keep any fanboyism out of these posts.

marcx
  • marcx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (GTAVwillbeEPIC @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 02:27)

State of decay
Fable
Minecraft
Halo
Gears of war
Spartacus legends
Mass effect
Alan wake

PS3:

The Last Of Us
Uncharted 1,2 and 3
Heavy Rain
Gran Turismo 5
Journey
Killzone
Ratchet and Clank
Infamous 1 and 2
Resistance
Motorstorm
God of War

Don't start.

AND MGS 4!!!

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

I'll choose the truth I like.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:21)
Get a PS3

The PS3 version of GTA V comes on just one disc.

So?

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

Both vrsions are identical. Stop fighting.

Stupid console fanboys. Defending 8yo hardware

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:49 AM Edited by Ibrahimhassounah, 10 July 2013 - 01:54 AM.

QUOTE (redx165 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:44)

They did show RDR's PS3 gameplay too. Just not as much as the Xbox version. Yet Sony had a deal with them. Now GTA V is the same and the PS3 version is clearly better.

Why can't you accept it when I just shown you proof? I know you're a Xbox fanboy and you won't believe it.

I know you're one cause you always defend M$ for anything they do. I bet you defended the Xbox One too. I'm trying to keep any fanboyism out of these posts.

The real thing is that Rockstar Confirmed that both versions will look the same , end of story.

Also the PS3 was the lead version of RDR development and the gameplay trailer they shown was on the PS3 , in the end the
Xbox 360 looked slightly better but you wouldn't notice it only if you have both consoles , Max Payne 3 had a real improvement on RAGE and they showed most of the gameplay on the PS3 and then yet the Xbox 360 lighting and shade looked slightly better , it isn't the power of a console , it's the engine it self and the engine was based on the Xbox 360 so that is why all games that are developed in RAGE are looking better on the Xbox 360 , even if it's showcased on the PS3 (L.A.NOIRE wasn't developed by Rockstar and it didn't used the RAGE engine)

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:50 AM

Don't even start with your bullsh*t. I'll say it again: You, as in one of the biggest PS3 fanboys on this forum, have no place to call anyone else a fanboy, especially when I play almost exclusively on PC

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:49)

The real thing is that Rockstar Confirmed that both versions will look the same , end of story

They said the same thing about GTA IV and look what happen. Here's all the proof you need:

To be honest who cares about the small differences? Only a graphics wh*re would care about that.

@ Masterfocker There is no denying you are not a Xbox fanboy. I always see you start a console war with someone. Couple days ago it was with General about RDR and how you're saying it looks better on 360. You can just ignore it if you don't like it. Same with me. I admit I'm a PS4 fanboy cause of what M$ did to Xbox One.

lolzz19
  • lolzz19

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

ps3

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:53 AM

Keep defending your ancient console

thebestgameever
  • thebestgameever

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

hmm xbox?

Always amusing to see ignorant people like this guy who thinks because you are playing you are getting a better experience.

SURE if you play with a group of friends, I can see why XBL is better than PSN (cross game chat)

Hacking wise,The only console game I have EVER seen hacked was MW2, and that was on the XBOX 360 ( put over 200 hours into the ps3 version, 150 in the 360 version) and BO2 on the 360 again.

What happened to PSN with that outage can happen, and has happened, to anyone ( even NASA/ whitehouse gets hacked)

Lagging wise, that again is pure bullsh*t. Games run on either P2P or dedicated servers. P2P is down to the connection you have to the host and the ps3 or 360 have 0 affect on the quality of that connection ( only your broadband and how far the host is)

Dedicated is a server and again either console has 0 effect on this, only your broadband does.
I experienced the same amount of lag on BF3 and MW2 on both the ps3 and 360. Same experience online.
The one good thing the 360 has is that more people use mics, which is also bad since the majority are nothing but young racist dicks who you will instantly mute anyway.

If you want real value, check out PS+ ( is optional, but boy is it worth it)

( everything I wrote about the lag and hacking is just what I experienced and can differ, there is a massive chance you will not run into hacker, cheater or have a bad connection on both consoles)

At the end of the day, try to get the console a friend of yours has since you can play together. That is the best experience.

mr.e
  • mr.e

N.Y.C.

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

If you get a ps3 I recommend that you pick up Yakuza 3 & 4, you won't need 1 & 2 to understand the story.

It's an open world rpg game with awesome fighting sequences and tons of mini games. The story is excellent as well, it's a mixture of sleeping dogs, gta and Shenmue ( you can't steal or drive cars though).

You can get them for pretty cheap on Amazon.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:51)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:49)

The real thing is that Rockstar Confirmed that both versions will look the same , end of story

They said the same thing about GTA IV and look what happen. Here's all the proof you need:

To be honest who cares about the small differences? Only a graphics wh*re would care about that.

@ Masterfocker There is no denying you are not a Xbox fanboy. I always see you start a console war with someone. Couple days ago it was with General about RDR and how you're saying it looks better on 360. You can just ignore it if you don't like it. Same with me. I admit I'm a PS4 fanboy cause of what M$ did to Xbox One.

GTAIV PS3 version looked a little bad cause of the bad port Rockstar games made , they made the game resolution 620p , in the Max Payne 3 they all looked identical yet the Xbox 360 looked slightly better cause of the lighting and shading , yet like you said who cares about little difference , only graphics wh*res do

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (thebestgameever @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:56)
hmm xbox?

Always amusing to see ignorant people like this guy who thinks because you are playing you are getting a better experience.

SURE if you play with a group of friends, I can see why XBL is better than PSN (cross game chat)

Hacking wise,The only console game I have EVER seen hacked was MW2, and that was on the XBOX 360 ( put over 200 hours into the ps3 version, 150 in the 360 version) and BO2 on the 360 again.

What happened to PSN with that outage can happen, and has happened, to anyone ( even NASA/ whitehouse gets hacked)

Lagging wise, that again is pure bullsh*t. Games run on either P2P or dedicated servers. P2P is down to the connection you have to the host and the ps3 or 360 have 0 affect on the quality of that connection ( only your broadband and how far the host is)

Dedicated is a server and again either console has 0 effect on this, only your broadband does.
I experienced the same amount of lag on BF3 and MW2 on both the ps3 and 360. Same experience online.
The one good thing the 360 has is that more people use mics, which is also bad since the majority are nothing but young racist dicks who you will instantly mute anyway.

If you want real value, check out PS+ ( is optional, but boy is it worth it)

( everything I wrote about the lag and hacking is just what I experienced and can differ, there is a massive chance you will not run into hacker, cheater or have a bad connection on both consoles)

At the end of the day, try to get the console a friend of yours has since you can play together. That is the best experience.

I'll get both versions really , I have friends on both so I love to get both versions on biggrin.gif launch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users