Sandy Hook Students vs. Syrian/Afghan Civilians

59 replies to this topic
TurdsFTW
  • TurdsFTW

Mikhail Faustin's Gyneocologist

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

This makes me really mad...

Why are all Americans so inconsiderate for other countries?
Why doesn't Mr. Obama forcefully break up the fight between the FSA and the Syrian Military?
Why is 27 a larger number than 6,561 to most Americans?

I want answers.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

Might wanna change your statement as not all Americans think that way. I feel just as bad when I hear something terrible has happened to somebody or some people no matter where it happened in the world.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Tacymist @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:43)
Might wanna change your statement as not all Americans think that way. I feel just as bad when I hear something terrible has happened to somebody or some people no matter where it happened in the world.

Likewise. Be it on American Soil or abroad, senseless terrorism isn't a joke.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (TurdsFTW @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 16:37)

Why doesn't Mr. Obama forcefully break up the fight between the FSA and the Syrian Military?

I want answers.

Because Islam.

And what Islam did to America.
And what Islam is trying to do to Britain.
And what Islam is trying to do to all free societies that have banned opressive, regressive, barbaric political indoctrinations such as those which Islamists claim to have born Islam from.

It's really very simple: One side is Al Qaeda, the other is an Islam-based religious faction which may turn radical and attack after "America" swoops in to force the peace through the only means both sides understand: violence and fire power. It's a lose-lose.

If any of this is completely incorrect: Blame the news conglomerates that may or may not be feeding propaganda (like both the FSA and Assad factions).

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (TurdsFTW @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 23:37)

Because of people like you? Because being told that their tragedies are meaningless makes them imbibe them with an even greater importance?
Don't expect respect when you give none.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:01 AM Edited by Valenta, 10 July 2013 - 12:47 AM.

QUOTE (Tacymist @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 23:43)

Same here. That said, I do have my own house to worry about first.

TurdsFTW
  • TurdsFTW

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 23:51)

Because of people like you? Because being told that their tragedies are meaningless makes them imbibe them with an even greater importance?

The hell with respect...

I just want these countries to have some acknowledgement.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (TurdsFTW @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:05)

The hell with respect...

That's sort of self defeating though. You label us as inconsiderate, but then you say to hell with respect. You're sounding just as inconsiderate as the people you're complaining about.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:11 AM Edited by trip, 10 July 2013 - 12:13 AM.

27. Some US cities see that many murders over a long weekend - they just don't make the news.

And do you really want the US to be even more imperialistic?

Edit:
Tablet auto correct stuff.

stu
  • stu

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

Yh man why don't the U.S. just march into Syria, everyone will stop fighting then and it will make the situation much better. Or maybe it's not as simple as that...

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (TurdsFTW @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 16:05)

The hell with respect...

Of course the US care more about our people than the Syrian people, just as I'm sure Syria cares more about Syrians than Americans or any other country's people.

TEoS
  • TEoS

Prepare for trouble...

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

Someone forward this to Obama, we now have clearance to invade Syria. Oh who am I kidding, the NSA has already seen it amirite!?

Is it not natural to feel more sympathy for a tragedy that occurs in one's own country than abroad? I'm sure only a callous minority feel no sympathy for the horrible events taking place in Syria, but in the end, one has to take care of their own house first.

Also, I never thought I'd ever see someone begging for American military intervention. I thought the whole "they hate us if we intercede, they hate us if we don't" was just a stupid stereotype invented by hard-right conservatives.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (TurdsFTW @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 19:37)

We hear about so many tragedies, wars, terrorism incidents, etc. in the middle east that it's just another figure delivered to us by the news media's talking heads. We've become numb to those facts, they make quite a few of us sad, but in our broken reality it's just another day in the middle east.

TurdsFTW
  • TurdsFTW

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:48)

We hear about so many tragedies, wars, terrorism incidents, etc. in the middle east that it's just another figure delivered to us by the news media's talking heads. We've become numb to those facts, they make quite a few of us sad, but in our broken reality it's just another day in the middle east.

Wow. That completely answered my question.

You just took the meaning out of my initial post. I think I should lock this thread. Thank you for settling this, good sir.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 23:50)
QUOTE (TurdsFTW @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 16:37)

I want answers.

Because Islam.

And what Islam did to America.
And what Islam is trying to do to Britain.
And what Islam is trying to do to all free societies that have banned opressive, regressive, barbaric political indoctrinations such as those which Islamists claim to have born Islam from.

It's really very simple: One side is Al Qaeda, the other is an Islam-based religious faction which may turn radical and attack after "America" swoops in to force the peace through the only means both sides understand: violence and fire power. It's a lose-lose.

If any of this is completely incorrect: Blame the news conglomerates that may or may not be feeding propaganda (like both the FSA and Assad factions).

Jup, "because Islam". sneaky2.gif

It's because of the Islam that the CIA organized and financially supported Al-Qaida...,
It's because of the Islam that thousands of Muslims were murdered during the Cold-War,
It's because of the Islam that Europe started colonizing North-Africa and some middle-Eastern countries,
It's because of the Islam that 1 million people died in Iraq,
It's because of the Islam that most Islam countries are ruled by dictators who have been set there during the Western control.

The Islam world has the last millennia been a victim of both world wars, the need for recourses, the bipolarisation,... Millions of people died, while they didn't even wanted to get in this sh*t.
But that is probably also "because of Islam"...

Yh man why don't the U.S. just march into Syria, everyone will stop fighting then and it will make the situation much better. Or maybe it's not as simple as that...

I don't think it is that simple. They had a similar plan for Iraq and look now...

@ OP:

I would say because it happens in their country. To be honest, I would care more about the victims of the tsunami in Japan, then the victims of the hurricane in the US.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:18 AM Edited by canttakemyid, 10 July 2013 - 01:20 AM.

QUOTE (TurdsFTW @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:37)

I want answers.

You can't be serious. Whenever America tries to clean up your sh*t hole of a region by dedicating our young men and billions of debt-financed money that we don't even have, no one appreciates us for sh*t. Instead, we see middle easterners burning American flags in the street screaming "death too America". I'm glad the US isn't involved in Syria. It's time the world learns how hard America's world police job actually is. There is a lot more to diplomatic power than just money and military strength. It takes trust, close relationships, and credibility with the figures in a given country. Russian and China are slowly figuring out how hard it is now. I don't even think it should be our job to begin with. Clean up your own sh*t ffs.

stu
  • stu

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Chris Fromage @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:09)

I don't think it is that simple. They had a similar plan for Iraq and look now...

I was being sarcastic man. Of course it would be a terrible idea.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (TurdsFTW @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:02)

You just took the meaning out of my initial post. I think I should lock this thread. Thank you for settling this, good sir.

So you were just looking for a reason to view all US citizens as inconsiderate. I mean you flat out ignored any responses that stated otherwise. I like how you talk about how these countries need to be acknowledged, how you want others to be considerate, but show none of it yourself. Not to mention your lack of respect as well.

Might as well close this then since you were only looking for a post that fit your stereotypical view of Americans. I hope your pleased with what you got.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

Americans are tired of war. After experiencing Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya, the U.S. doesn't want to go through another one. A lot of concern for the Syrian civilians have been expressed by the Americans and Western Europeans, but Russia and China have prevented any help for the civilians. Russia even deployed a military ship in the Middle East to protect the Syrian government. Russia and China both have strong veto power in the U.N. In Putin's point of view, he is worried that there might be anti-West extremists amongst the rebels. He might have a point. Look what happened to the U.S. embassy in Libya. Why do the Americans have to risk their lives in a far away country that has nothing to do with them? Yes, there are innocent civilians suffering in Syria and they must be protected, but past experience shows that sending soldiers have been very risky.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Shyabang Shyabang @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 11:48)
the U.S. doesn't want to go through another one.

Iraq and Afghanistan- aka Operation Chestbeat- seemed relatively successful so I doubt that.

They're sick of war? They still have military bases all over the world and spend more on their military than any other country. And as far as I know, they haven't stopped supporting dictators or selling them guns.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (Shyabang Shyabang @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:48)
Americans are tired of war. After experiencing Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya, the U.S. doesn't want to go through another one. A lot of concern for the Syrian civilians have been expressed by the Americans and Western Europeans, but Russia and China have prevented any help for the civilians. Russia even deployed a military ship in the Middle East to protect the Syrian government. Russia and China both have strong veto power in the U.N. In Putin's point of view, he is worried that there might be anti-West extremists amongst the rebels. He might have a point. Look what happened to the U.S. embassy in Libya. Why do the Americans have to risk their lives in a far away country that has nothing to do with them? Yes, there are innocent civilians suffering in Syria and they must be protected, but past experience shows that sending soldiers have been very risky.

Shut up.
---

OP, im pretty sure people in lets say Libya dont care if some people die in the US. but they do care if someone dies in Libya. its logic. why the f*ck would anyone give a sh*t if someone else dies in a very distant country from them? they might look at the incident and feel a bit sad but thats as far as it goes.

Usually people feel more threatened when someone kills their own population. Thats the only reason.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 17:56)
QUOTE (Shyabang Shyabang @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 11:48)
the U.S. doesn't want to go through another one.

Iraq and Afghanistan- aka Operation Chestbeat- seemed relatively successful so I doubt that.

They're sick of war? They still have military bases all over the world and spend more on their military than any other country. And as far as I know, they haven't stopped supporting dictators or selling them guns.

If you live in the States then you'd know what I mean. I don't know anyone who wants their country to be involved in another war. I know a veteran who was in both Iraq and Afghanistan. He certainly doesn't want U.S. involvement over there after what he experienced in those wars.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (TurdsFTW @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 20:02)

Indeed. Let's ignore all the other posts in the topic! OP got the answer he wanted to hear and now feels validated, shut it down, no need for any intelligent discussion here.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (TurdsFTW @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 21:05)

The hell with respect...

To hell with you. You know what, I was reading this thread before I went to sleep and could not rest without filing my very own reply to this, so I hope you read it attentively.

Over the past few weeks with the Egyptian crisis and all the issues with Syria over the past months, I've seen US gov't Facebook pages flooded with Middle-Easterners sh*ttalking the Obama administration for their lack of action. It irritates me to see the lack of understanding that people have towards the international system of governance. Why does the US not interfere in Syria? Because it breaks their sovereignty unless there are clear human rights violations.

Now, even though there may human rights violations, a vote has to be taken by the UN Security Council, of which Russia, who sells weapons to the Syrian Army, is part of. Russia has been profiting off of this conflict and will not vote for military intervention, even with 5 year old children's brains flying all over the place. The United States will not provide any unilateral aid as they'll not make any unilateral moves in the Middle-East and raise another wave of extremist Jihadists for the sake of "Freedom".

Read this sh*t before you go off blabbering about intervention and calling for "Mr. Obama" to help Syria.

As for the issue of American compassion towards the cause... all Americans wish a better future for Syria and the Middle-East, but they have to worry about their own issues before that.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

this plus the fact that we should not police the world. Look at what happened in Iraq, do you really think syria will be any different? I can tell you now, no it won't.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:55 AM

I didn't read anything after that, because no, not all Americans are like that, you probably have never even been to America.

Greenline
  • Greenline

Page 3 Girl

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

Let me guess, you get most of your news from this site. You can come up with some bullsh*t about how you follow various channels, but in the end, you really just rely on GTAF for news.

So, you have, what? 500 Middle Easterners (at most) compared to thousands of Westerners who are obviously more interested in news that's happening in their own part of the world.

In conclusion: This site isn't a news site nor is it a sample group to base your anti-Western sentiments on. If you really want news, I suggest not relying on a video game forum.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (TurdsFTW @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:37)

It isn't. I'm sure someone else has covered this, but figures are basically unimportant in assessing the importance of events to the general public. Proximity and familiarity are, and always will be, more important- that's what makes stories relateble, and what drives people to act on them. Events that are distant and have no immediate tangible effect on members of a population will never be as important as those that are close and affect domestic citizens, regardless of their actual severity. It's one of the foibles of a system where cultural and national identity is drilled into everyone from infancy with very little attention given to the idea of people as citizens of a global society.

TurdsFTW
  • TurdsFTW

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:15 PM Edited by TurdsFTW, 10 July 2013 - 02:19 PM.

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:18)

I want answers.

You can't be serious. Whenever America tries to clean up your sh*t hole of a region by dedicating our young men and billions of debt-financed money that we don't even have, no one appreciates us for sh*t. Instead, we see middle easterners burning American flags in the street screaming "death too America". I'm glad the US isn't involved in Syria. It's time the world learns how hard America's world police job actually is. There is a lot more to diplomatic power than just money and military strength. It takes trust, close relationships, and credibility with the figures in a given country. Russian and China are slowly figuring out how hard it is now. I don't even think it should be our job to begin with. Clean up your own sh*t ffs.

Are you really THAT much of a thick-headed retard?

We burned the flags BEFORE you tried to help us.

QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 03:55
)
I didn't read anything after that, because no, not all Americans are like that, you probably have never even been to America.

I have been living in the United States for 5 years. Nice try.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:57 PM Edited by fireguy109, 10 July 2013 - 06:05 PM.

QUOTE (TurdsFTW @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 09:15)
We burned the flags BEFORE you tried to help us.

So let me get this straight. You burn US flags, we decide to intervene and try to help y'all out, and you pay us back by continuing to burn our flag and then you have the ignorance to expect us to care more about a bunch of people in a far off country who've been killing each other over all kinds of sh*t for literally centuries than about innocent little kids getting slaughtered on our own soil?

God you're thick.

BTW 'you' here is used as a blanket term for everybody pissy about this over in the sandbox, not the OP specifically.

E2: spelling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users