• universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Check it:

user posted image

"NON STOP POP 100.7 FM".

What do you guys think the pop music will be like? Will they bring back 80's pop or will they use modern pop? And if they do modern pop, will they use real-life songs, or will they make their own pop music, like they did in III/LCS?

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the kawaii

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

It better be 80s. If it's 90s or newer then it's just a waste of disc space to me.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

Nice find universe icon14.gif icon14.gif

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

Good Find icon14.gif

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Good find. I'm also hoping for 80's Pop Music.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:38)
Nice find universe icon14.gif icon14.gif

Thanks dude, but you really gotta thank the dudes in the Music thread in the news section for pointing it out icon14.gif

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

Don't care what era it is from as long as it is not crappy whiny music.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

I wouldn't hate it if it was really recognisable pop songs from the past 20 years. But if it's sh*t like Fergie and Enrequie whatever then I'll never listen.

Good find, by the way.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

most likely modern, and as much as i hate modern pop, it would fit the game.
but I hope they also have an 80s pop station and even a 90s pop station.
Hell... most weapons, most vehicles, why not most radio stations too?

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Nice find. I have my fingers crossed for 80's pop.

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

IF it's modern pop, I really hope they go for something that hasn't already been played to death on the radio.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Massimo Pantaleo

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

Oh, nice find man, not gonna lie, I thought you were going to bullsh*t us with speculation.

GTAforthe21thcentury
  • GTAforthe21thcentury

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 23:33)
Check it:

user posted image

"NON STOP POP 100.7 FM".

What do you guys think the pop music will be like? Will they bring back 80's pop or will they use modern pop? And if they do modern pop, will they use real-life songs, or will they make their own pop music, like they did in III/LCS?

They will never make their own songs again.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

I despise modern pop. If it's 80s synthpop though I'll be happy.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Life's a game...don't take it so seriously

• Members
  • United-States

I think ill skip out on this station, Not a big pop fan. suicidal.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

QUOTE (GTAforthe21thcentury @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:47)
Check it:

user posted image

"NON STOP POP 100.7 FM".

They will never make their own songs again.

You obviously haven't heard that Craig Connor was doing the score rolleyes.gif

gr8griffin
  • gr8griffin

I have five of broats

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

It'd be amazing if it was modern pop only because irl that's actually my towns top 40/ pop station.

TheKrigeron
  • TheKrigeron

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

Since the game takes place in 2013, I doubt they'll put too much 80s/90s pop in there. And since Most of the Pop music today is sh*te, then I think it will mostly consist of Songs made just for the OST

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

Not all pop are sh*te, im sure they wont put ultra-mainstream artists (besides Fergie and Enrique Iqlesias which is confirmed)

Some example good underrated "Pop"

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (darkdude @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:07)
Not all pop are sh*te, im sure they wont put ultra-mainstream artists (besides Fergie and Enrique Iqlesias which is confirmed)

Not exactly. They usually use placeholders in demos shown to the press. Any of the "confirmed" tracks not included in trailers/videos may not make the final cut. Before IV came out, the press reported hearing songs by Gwen Stefani and The Rolling Stones, neither who were in the final game.

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:16 AM

The intro song during the first 50 or so seconds of the trailer had a real 1980s pop sound to it.

That being said there is also 100.7 KFMB-FM in real life which is based in San Diego (yeah I know I'm not saying "OMG 2nd City" I'm just saying it's the first station close to LA that I found under 100.7fm l0l), it's a "Jack FM Adult Hits" format which is sort of Pop-ish, here are the last 20 songs they played according to their website.

~ Roxanne -- Police
~ Someday -- Nickelback
~ China Girl -- David Bowie
~ One -- U2
~ Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) -- Journey
~ Hey Ya -- OutKast
~ Highway To Hell -- AC/DC
~ Rock This Town -- Stray Cats
~ Everlong -- Foo Fighters
~ The Breakup Song -- Greg Kihn Band
~ American Woman -- Lenny Kravitz
~ Policy Of Truth -- Depeche Mode
~ Bust A Move -- Young MC
~ I Gotta Feeling -- Black Eyed Peas
~ Heat Of The Moment -- Asia
~ Only Wanna Be With You -- Hootie & The Blowfish
~ Free Ride -- Edgar Winter Group
~ Is This Love -- Whitesnake
~ Hella Good -- No Doubt
~ I Want A New Drug -- Huey Lewis & The News

Not exactly pure "Pop" but still mostly songs that at one point in time (when they were new) would be played on Pop stations.

Then I also just found this, KBIG 104.3 MYfm with the tagline of "More Variety From The 90's 'til Now" and a playlist that is rather poppy http://www.1043myfm....music/playlist/

Though it could also be the in-game version of KIIS-fm "LA's #1 Hit Music Station" which is a Modern Pop station, http://www.kiisfm.com/main.html

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 19:09)

Not exactly. They usually use placeholders in demos shown to the press. Any of the "confirmed" tracks not included in trailers/videos may not make the final cut. Before IV came out, the press reported hearing songs by Gwen Stefani and The Rolling Stones, neither who were in the final game.

I can imagine that they were originally in IV, but they ended up cutting them out at the last minute. I remember going through TLAD's files and finding out that there were a good more songs planned than what actually ended up in the game.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:19)

I can imagine that they were originally in IV, but they ended up cutting them out at the last minute. I remember going through TLAD's files and finding out that there were a good more songs planned than what actually ended up in the game.

Yeah, well, that's the idea of placeholders. They are intended to be in the game, or at the very least represent how the final station will sound, but are left out because they feel wrong or licensing falls through.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 19:23)

Yeah, well, that's the idea of placeholders. They are intended to be in the game, or at the very least represent how the final station will sound, but are left out because they feel wrong or licensing falls through.

Funny, though, you'd expect Rockstar to ask the record companies before they add them in the game, rather than adding them in and then waiting for a reply.

f*ck it, I'd much rather hear "The Trooper" rather than "Run To The Hills" on LRR.

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

Boy, am I the only one who thinks 80's pop is worse then anything out today?

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

Check it:

user posted image

"NON STOP POP 100.7 FM".

The first thing that came into my head when reading the title of the thread was the PSP rip-offs called POP stations that the YouTuber called Ashens reviews.

Anyway, Rockstar did say that this game has the most songs and radio stations out of all the past GTA's so there was bound to be a Pop station here or there. This one probably plays Fergie's "Glamorous".

-Wheatley

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 07:23)

Hmm.... what if the billboard is only a cosmetic?

Remember billboard with this picture in GTA III? the radio itself is not featured ingame
user posted image

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (darkdude @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 19:30)
QUOTE (man dragon @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 07:23)

Hmm.... what if the billboard is only a cosmetic?

Remember billboard with this picture in GTA III? the radio itself is not featured ingame
user posted image

I remember that, but wouldn't it be a bit silly for Rockstar to do that again? It was annoying in III, as I remember being about 7 or so years old, angrily shifting through the radio stations just to find that one! lol.gif

DarrenC1888
  • DarrenC1888

Celtic FC Manchester United Champions!

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:46 AM

Have an 80s station please!!!!!!!!

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:25)
Funny, though, you'd expect Rockstar to ask the record companies before they add them in the game, rather than adding them in and then waiting for a reply.

f*ck it, I'd much rather hear "The Trooper" rather than "Run To The Hills" on LRR.

I know, right? It really annoys me to think we may not have 'Radar Love' in this game but it's just the way it is. Some of the left out songs on LRR were really good too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users