RDR Kill Effect

102 replies to this topic
motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

I don't really like this...

Maybe if it happened when my character got injured?

But why do I want my screen warping if I kill someone? The red X is plenty good enough...

???

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 22:38)
It's cool how they are taking elements from all different HD era games and even the III era games and rolling it all up into an awesomeness joint for us all to smoke!

Agreed. I always see R* other games as testing grounds for GTA and if a feature or mechanic works well R* will put it into there main baby and that's GTA.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (motorider420 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 01:45)
I don't really like this...

Maybe if it happened when my character got injured?

But why do I want my screen warping if I kill someone? The red X is plenty good enough...

???

I didnt even noticed it until this thread. re watched it and you only notice it when you pay attention to the edges of the screen which youll never do in-game

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

The thing is, if the games had been more incremental, I'm not sure if V would be as exciting. One thing that makes V so great is just how much is being added to the game since GTA IV. If you did in a more incremental way, the only really big difference would be the setting. But now it's a completely different experience from the last iteration and that's what most of us wanted, even if we loved the last iteration. There's even some people who feel it's still too much like IV, but f*ck those guys.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 02:02)
The thing is, if the games had been more incremental, I'm not sure if V would be as exciting. One thing that makes V so great is just how much is being added to the game since GTA IV. If you did in a more incremental way, the only really big difference would be the setting. But now it's a completely different experience from the last iteration and that's what most of us wanted, even if we loved the last iteration. There's even some people who feel it's still too much like IV, but f*ck those guys.

tbh I dont see any similarities between IV and V.

Everything from Physics to graphics to mechanics has changed.
only thing that could be as annoying could be a bad frame rate or blur and aliasing ( which I think I saw a lot of in the Franklin scene when he walks out of the weed shop.

thats probably the low res quality of the video but some scene looked sharp while others look a bit blurry and with aliasing

but these are the only thing which these 2 games could have in common biggrin.gif

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Big Homie

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

Yeah. Combat jog is also awesome.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (brian. @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 21:42)
He's talking about that stupid ass hitmarker.

It is unintuitive and stupid.

It looks like a half-assed blood splatter half of the times it is seen in the gameplay video, and other times, it doesn't even work.

Michael shoots two guys and they show either red or gray x. He headshots the next guy and gets nothing.

Is it in fact a kill indicator? That detail above would express that is not the case.

It is unneeded and confusing, not easily readable. You should recognize this stuff and get what it is right away, whatever that is, it is unneeded screen clutter that is getting in the way of the action in my opinion.

This is a very strange, very weird iteration of GTA so far.

5 YEARS IS TOO LONG AND TOO MUCH CHANGES IN 5 YEARS ALL AT ONCE. GAME AIN'T THE SAME ANYMORE. THEY NEEDED INTERIM GAMES TO GET HERE, IT'S TOO MUCH CHANGE FOR ONE RELEASE.

I just noticed.

The thing you're being WAY too angry about for no reason.

It's not a hit marker.

It's a kill detector, it's a red X.
A red X that indicates dead people.

As to why the headshot didn't show the marker.
He shot the guy in the head, a tiny hitbox that instantaneously moved out of the reticle's range once he was shot.

Databank
  • Databank

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

It should definitely be removed or at least be given the option to disable it in future updates

• freedomworks96 likes this

freedomworks96
  • freedomworks96

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:37 AM Edited by freedomworks96, 04 March 2014 - 04:34 AM.

Notice how each time an enemy gets shot and killed, the screen sort of zooms in and blurs really fast. This was also in Red Dead Redemption, and it's called the "Kill Effect." It's cool how they are taking elements from all different HD era games and even the III era games and rolling it all up into an awesomeness joint for us all to smoke!

Here's what I'm talking about, notice how the screen zooms in and looks 3d-ish.

AUTrherl.jpg

oWiP53Pl.jpg

zuY0Yc8l.jpg

on my tv, the flash looks much worse than in these pics. The little X that pops up for fatal kills needs to be turned off too. I'm sick of games being watered down for everybody, they need to give us options and stop assuming everyone is an idiot. In Read Dead Redemption you could turn the flashing kill indicator off. In GTA V the flash is back but more obtrusive than in RDR , with no OFF option. It's gotten to the point where i get headaches during shootouts and I can't enjoy the game any longer. GTA5 would feel much more satisfying without kill indicators. I can see when an enemy is dead when they stop moving.

QUOTE (brian. @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 21:42) He's talking about that stupid ass hitmarker.

It is unintuitive and stupid.

It looks like a half-assed blood splatter half of the times it is seen in the gameplay video, and other times, it doesn't even work.

Michael shoots two guys and they show either red or gray x. He headshots the next guy and gets nothing.

Is it in fact a kill indicator? That detail above would express that is not the case.

It is unneeded and confusing, not easily readable. You should recognize this stuff and get what it is right away, whatever that is, it is unneeded screen clutter that is getting in the way of the action in my opinion.

This is a very strange, very weird iteration of GTA so far.

5 YEARS IS TOO LONG AND TOO MUCH CHANGES IN 5 YEARS ALL AT ONCE. GAME AIN'T THE SAME ANYMORE. THEY NEEDED INTERIM GAMES TO GET HERE, IT'S TOO MUCH CHANGE FOR ONE RELEASE.
I just noticed.

The thing you're being WAY too angry about for no reason.

It's not a hit marker.

It's a kill detector, it's a red X.
A red X that indicates dead people.

As to why the headshot didn't show the marker.
He shot the guy in the head, a tiny hitbox that instantaneously moved out of the reticle's range once he was shot.

the kill indicator sucks. I am shocked more people aren't angry about the screen flash(could be turned off in RDR) and X marker(could be turned off in MP3) that indicates kills. It really makes combat less engaging and makes kills look weak and cheap, especially in story mode.

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:44 AM

I get tired of all the complaining about minutea.

You know what I love about the kill flash? Those times that someone hit me in their car and they're speeding away, or I want a car as they peel off... So I aim my gun at the cab of the car, where the head most likely is, take a shot and KILL FLASH.

Then the car veers off the road. I know they're dead. So satisfying.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:03 AM

I honestly don't see a problem with this feature. Its like all the GTA haters find anything that they don't like to complain about. This feature along with the red x helps us know if we killed the enemy. 

In IV I never really knew if they were dead or not. Sometimes they are but sometimes they're not. 

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:13 AM

I honestly don't see a problem with this feature. Its like all the GTA haters find anything that they don't like to complain about. This feature along with the red x helps us know if we killed the enemy. 

In IV I never really knew if they were dead or not. Sometimes they are but sometimes they're not. 

The red x is annoying. Not everyone needs this since some of us can tell if we killed our target.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:15 AM

The red x is annoying. Not everyone needs this since some of us can tell if we killed our target.

How is it really annoying? Its a bit bigger than the white dot. To be honest I can't even tell its there. The RDR kill effect is what I go off of when I know I killed someone. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users