Use of Marijuana and/or other drugs

68 replies to this topic
Znd
  • Znd

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

I think we will be able to smoke it.

But it's always been hard to capture the feeling of intoxication in video games. Drugs/alcohol affect your brain most of all, so it's hard to depict that to someone without actually getting into the receptors of their brain. In GTA IV, drinking was just kind of annoying...it made me dizzy, and your character pretty much just staggers around like an idiot for 60 seconds and then sobers up. Although I did enjoy the drunken banter between two drunk characters. They should keep that, and lay off the physical effects.

So I think they should just do the animations of smoking, drinking, and possibly snorting, ingesting, or injecting. But leave the effects to the user, who can do them in real life, if they want.

Letting people use hard drugs in a game would be very controversial, and maybe not that exciting, but I think they should still do it. Are we supposed to think Trevor never rails or smokes some meth?

But SELLING it...that's what would be really fun...selling it, and buying it, and stealing it. If they went into detail with that, it would be really, really fun.

Carmelo2
  • Carmelo2

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

At first it seems as if we could use it.

But after watching the trailer a few times, I think its just one of those transition scenes when you switch character.

I'm pretty sure theres gonna be missions involving medicinal marijuana though.

GTAMaster666
  • GTAMaster666

Mr. Satanic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:42 PM Edited by Gtamaster666, 09 July 2013 - 08:51 PM.

I got a feeling this gonna get R. alot of heat on them, useable pot in a game i can imagine the up roar it's gonna cause, then again it's for realism pot and other things are real in life, honestly i'm glad now only if you can get drunk without hanging out with someone just go into a bar/liquor store and get drunk your self! People that are saying they see Franklin using yeah true hes young black gang banger wants more thrill in his life,but if we recall Trevor is a recovering drug addict it would make much more since seeing him jacked up on meth,crack,weed ect... then again Micheal could smoke a cigar now and then, R. is set on making this the present day LA which GTA 5 is based on so money,drugs ect... are probable. biggrin.gif colgate.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

Smoking weed in the game should change nothing AT ALL like alcohol does, it should simply make them laugh here and there randomly and be otherwise totally normal. Because as far as high/effects go, that's all weed does anyway, is make you happy. That's it. It has a MOUNTAIN of unseen benefits and LITERALLY instructs cancer cells to commit suicide (FACT), so anti-drug people can eat sh*t because marijuana is not a drug, is not made by man, is not even a medicine, it's a REMEDY. and HERBAL REMEDY that is better at many things than single medicines are at one thing.

Smoking weed should do nothing but make you feel better, which you can't really display in a game, and no one is "different" on weed, so any hazy image or other bullsh*t, will only hurt Rockstar's credibility. Alcohol in IV was nice, will be nice if it's like that in V, but weed better just be a health boost or something, just like it is in real life.

If the player starts walking funny, not allowed to drive without cops seeing, or otherwise starts acting like a retard or hippy, then Rockstar will lose all respect from anyone that matters in life. Marijuana is so f*cking misrepresented, for Rockstar to add to the lies and the deceit, I would want a war with them personally over it.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

Lol say goodbye to GTAV Australia.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:57 PM Edited by brian., 09 July 2013 - 09:06 PM.

I'm saying, Rockstar better use this as an edgy fight against the lies and misinformation about marijuana - they better tell the f*cking truth, or I will have a personal war with them for the remainder of their existence.

If they try some public service announcement sh*t like they did with cigarrettes and half the missions in IV and the constant apologies of Niko Bellic when he's running over people I will be disgusted and I will lead the march at shutting up these wolves in sheeps clothing.

Rockstar tries to look bad, but is as of late coming off as goody-good mormons. And I'm sick of it. Marijuana, and how they handle it in GTA V, will seal the truth about Rockstar Games. If they represent Marijuana as something bad or to be avoided, I will know they are just puppets of the liars who made it illegal in this country in the first place. If they represent it properly, I will see them as heroes. If they try to act like it's not God's gift to humanity in the form of a plant, then they will forever be the biggest douche bag liars to ever make a video game and pretend to be edgy, when they were really just manipulating free thinkers to think as a group instead. And f*ck that.

Let's see rockstar. LETS SEE YOUR TRUE COLORS. Because your true colors will be loud and clear depending on how you handle Marijuana in your game. It better be truthful, honest, compassionate, and promote the smoking of marijuana. Anything else, will be unnacceptable, and I will make very much sure you feel it in your very core that it was the worst mistake you ever made as a company to misrepresent marijauna or to add another coat of negativity upon it with your game - you will respect the plant, or you will face everyone knowing what you are really about. One way or another, we will finally know whether rockstar is really on our side, or if they are pretending to be, in order to slip in their own philosophies. We shall see, Rockstar. And I fully expect you to glorify marijuana as it so fully deserves. But if I see otherwise, I will write up things you wish you never told Gary.

You think Hot Coffee cost you? I'm going to make it look like snow cone money if you misrepresent the most important crop that does more and cures more and solves more than any other material on this planet.

If you decide to play it safe and be in the middle about it and make it look neither good nor bad, I will maintain the utmost respect. But this is a fair warning since I know you lurk these boards and this is sure to be a QA/PR topic for you to watch closely. If you select a stance - you better be on the right side of history, because otherwise, you will end up on the wrong side of me. It may seem empty. Misrepresent the mary jane, and you will see it in hindsight as the biggest mistake you ever made as a company.

For the record, my expectation is that you will represent this material correctly and truthfully, and that I have nothing to worry about. You're going into Cali, you're touching on their lives, you're going to respect it and represent it the way it really is for the most part. Do not make the mistake of doing otherwise. Because this is as serious as the cival war for me. This is as serious as life and death. This is the most important freedom to protect and take back from legislature - if you warp young minds to think it is a bad thing to smoke marijuana, I'm going to be the one to show your entire establishment it is a bad thing to perpetuate lies about pot told by scared oil barons.

Marlo-Lionches
  • Marlo-Lionches

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

When it switched to micheal he was on a bicycle, we can rides bicycles right? when it was switched to trevor he was being chased by police, we can be chased by police right? So based on this, it won't be just a switch animation, as the characters carry on doing things that are in the game when we are not playing as them , so if he is getting weed, then so can we.

It will probably be one of the things franklin can do, get high, he probably has a condition (or faked one) in order to get weed legally.

Irish Thunder Baby
  • Irish Thunder Baby

Come ride with me

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Banned in Australia.....

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

As much as I like MJ, I use it, but it isn't a good thing for our Australian brothers on the forums. That sounds like a ban. Extensive marijuana use in GTA V might get it restricted/banned.

hype5870
  • hype5870

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

I was thinking about this myself when I rewatched the trailer and I have some conflicting observations. First, when Franklin steps out of the shop you notice there isn't a HUD image for the dispensary but there is for an M and I think an S and ? which would seem to point to it not being an interactable business, like the clothing store Michael walks up to or the tattoo parlor next to the chinese theatre with the Heart tattoo HUD image.

But I also remember a preview indicating that Trevor has a drug problem and may be f*cked up on missions, which would point to drug use being possible. But game reviewers have a way of inferring facts from their previews that aren't always true. Still, with such an informative trailer, I think there must have been a reason for Rockstar to chose to show us that.

But another thought, if this is an AUTOMATIC ban in Australia, I can't think they'd be stupid enough to get their product banned in such a huge market. So I'm 50/50 this feature makes it in. If it makes it in, I don't question their ability to do it well. They did getting drunk pretty well and made it more interactive in RDR. And for pot, easy... make the screen a tad fuzzy and up the contrast, maybe slow everything down.

Dotseoem
  • Dotseoem

Member of DrkHWF.

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 19:24)
QUOTE (GTA_La_Costra_Nostra @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 19:22)
QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 19:20)
It is not confirmed that the marijuana shop is even functional for the player.
From what I can tell, it's just one of the many things we can find Franklin doing when we jump into his free-roam.

But why with the whole animation and him storing it in his pocket? I could see him walking out with a joint, smoking it then throwing it on the ground, but in a container?

There's no way he'd be acctualy smoking the weed in the shop or in public.

And why not an animation? We see Michael & his son have animations for returning from thier bike ride.

Yup. But to be honest I really wish you Could use it... as well as alcohol.
I mean, you can use bikes... confused.gif

FurryPhilosifer
  • FurryPhilosifer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

I assumed that Franklin leaving the shop was just a "drop-in" scenario, and not actually something we can do. Could be wrong, but that's just what I got from it.

OGpurp
  • OGpurp

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

What about that fatass green brick that michaels son was holding before he called michael an asshole?

MajesticNegro
  • MajesticNegro

And on that day, God himself could only watch.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

I COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT DRUG USE IN GTA5. I just hope I can rob them too. I wan't to rob every and any store in this game, literally store after store.

Jambigrunge
  • Jambigrunge

Something like that

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

I don't think that you'll actually be able to smoke any of the weed in game. It looks like it was just part of the character switching sequence. Also, I know that a lot of countries ban video games and other forms of media that would "support drug use" so I can't really see Rockstar throwing away potential profit just to satisfy a very select few number of people.

GTA_La_Costra_Nostra
  • GTA_La_Costra_Nostra

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

Well, at this point, I'm saying overall it's more likely than not it is at the least like the hotdog stand, where you buy it and it does something for you. Maybe you buy THC pills, pot brownies ect. I just don't see what attribute it would help. And maybe it would hurt certain skills like Lung Capacity and Marksmanship.

pr0n
  • pr0n

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (brian. @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 20:57)
I'm saying, Rockstar better use this as an edgy fight against the lies and misinformation about marijuana - they better tell the f*cking truth, or I will have a personal war with them for the remainder of their existence.

If they try some public service announcement sh*t like they did with cigarrettes and half the missions in IV and the constant apologies of Niko Bellic when he's running over people I will be disgusted and I will lead the march at shutting up these wolves in sheeps clothing.

Rockstar tries to look bad, but is as of late coming off as goody-good mormons. And I'm sick of it. Marijuana, and how they handle it in GTA V, will seal the truth about Rockstar Games. If they represent Marijuana as something bad or to be avoided, I will know they are just puppets of the liars who made it illegal in this country in the first place. If they represent it properly, I will see them as heroes. If they try to act like it's not God's gift to humanity in the form of a plant, then they will forever be the biggest douche bag liars to ever make a video game and pretend to be edgy, when they were really just manipulating free thinkers to think as a group instead. And f*ck that.

Let's see rockstar. LETS SEE YOUR TRUE COLORS. Because your true colors will be loud and clear depending on how you handle Marijuana in your game. It better be truthful, honest, compassionate, and promote the smoking of marijuana. Anything else, will be unnacceptable, and I will make very much sure you feel it in your very core that it was the worst mistake you ever made as a company to misrepresent marijauna or to add another coat of negativity upon it with your game - you will respect the plant, or you will face everyone knowing what you are really about. One way or another, we will finally know whether rockstar is really on our side, or if they are pretending to be, in order to slip in their own philosophies. We shall see, Rockstar. And I fully expect you to glorify marijuana as it so fully deserves. But if I see otherwise, I will write up things you wish you never told Gary.

You think Hot Coffee cost you? I'm going to make it look like snow cone money if you misrepresent the most important crop that does more and cures more and solves more than any other material on this planet.

If you decide to play it safe and be in the middle about it and make it look neither good nor bad, I will maintain the utmost respect. But this is a fair warning since I know you lurk these boards and this is sure to be a QA/PR topic for you to watch closely. If you select a stance - you better be on the right side of history, because otherwise, you will end up on the wrong side of me. It may seem empty. Misrepresent the mary jane, and you will see it in hindsight as the biggest mistake you ever made as a company.

For the record, my expectation is that you will represent this material correctly and truthfully, and that I have nothing to worry about. You're going into Cali, you're touching on their lives, you're going to respect it and represent it the way it really is for the most part. Do not make the mistake of doing otherwise. Because this is as serious as the cival war for me. This is as serious as life and death. This is the most important freedom to protect and take back from legislature - if you warp young minds to think it is a bad thing to smoke marijuana, I'm going to be the one to show your entire establishment it is a bad thing to perpetuate lies about pot told by scared oil barons.

Are you mentally retarded? You make everyone on this forum look like a freaking psychopathic moron with idiotic rants like that. Use your brain. Think before you speak.

33oH
  • 33oH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (Lil_B_The Basedgod @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 19:49)
I have spoken with lil B. He said stop being so damn dumb or else you will get your pink bandana revoked...

What does that even mean? lil b is a lame ass who cant rap. i think 50 tyson has one on him.

Hydroboy
  • Hydroboy

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Would be funny if they actually got to a rehab clinic and asked addicted people what trips of heroine, coke etc. are like.
Then put it in the game when you use it.

Spiralos
  • Spiralos

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

Im high right now.

cody7799
  • cody7799

ES-RP V Officer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

So it was one of the things he does in life that you jump into on character changing. Doesn't mean there'll be any use from it.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

So refused a rating in Australia then.

Rjeev142
  • Rjeev142

Snitches get stitches

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

You know I had some respect for you before this...THIS is why I hate so many stoners out there. Not saying everyone who smokes is like this, because most of my best friends smoke, but people like you really annoy me.

teamfranklin91
  • teamfranklin91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

If trevor is a drug dealer why wouldn't he have acess to the shop also. Considering we don't even know if franklin is a drug dealerPO

Leafy Hollow
  • Leafy Hollow

Chief Marketing Officer for Trevor Phillip's Interprise

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (OGpurp @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 23:35)
What about that fatass green brick that michaels son was holding before he called michael an asshole?

I wonder as well, what the hell is that?

TheMisanthrope
  • TheMisanthrope

Idiots, idiots everywhere.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

To be honest I don't even care if you can't smoke it. The fact that you can walk into the store and look around is enough for me to roleplay as I load up a huge bong or roll a joint of my own. However the fact that he pockets the bud and that "Dayyyum..." sounded like a true bud smoker I wouldn't be suprised if you could light up. Or maybe it'll count as something to fill your special ability bar. But I also seen " Betta Pharmaceuticals " in the stocks selection so it has me thinking you can purchase drugs and turn around and profit from dealing. All we can do is speculate. Either way as long as I have the green in real life I'm good. It would be really awesome but I don't need to smoke weed in a game.

Great_Stealing_Vehicle
  • Great_Stealing_Vehicle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:44 PM Edited by Great_Stealing_Vehicle, 10 July 2013 - 05:52 PM.

QUOTE (brian. @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 20:45)
Smoking weed in the game should change nothing AT ALL like alcohol does, it should simply make them laugh here and there randomly and be otherwise totally normal. Because as far as high/effects go, that's all weed does anyway, is make you happy. That's it. It has a MOUNTAIN of unseen benefits and LITERALLY instructs cancer cells to commit suicide (FACT), so anti-drug people can eat sh*t because marijuana is not a drug, is not made by man, is not even a medicine, it's a REMEDY. and HERBAL REMEDY that is better at many things than single medicines are at one thing.

Smoking weed should do nothing but make you feel better, which you can't really display in a game, and no one is "different" on weed, so any hazy image or other bullsh*t, will only hurt Rockstar's credibility. Alcohol in IV was nice, will be nice if it's like that in V, but weed better just be a health boost or something, just like it is in real life.

If the player starts walking funny, not allowed to drive without cops seeing, or otherwise starts acting like a retard or hippy, then Rockstar will lose all respect from anyone that matters in life. Marijuana is so f*cking misrepresented, for Rockstar to add to the lies and the deceit, I would want a war with them personally over it.

Hey moron where is your medical degree? Please kid don't tell me that all the professionals are wrong and that some retard stoners have found a way to beat cancer. Marijuana has been proven to lower IQ and reflexes when smoked by non adults.

I know I will get flamed by the weed-fascists because I dared to attack marijuana.

Great_Stealing_Vehicle
  • Great_Stealing_Vehicle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

Marijuana has obviously had a negative effect on your mind because you are defending it like an insane person. Seriously man calm down I know your addiction to a plant is extremely strong and it controls your life. Maybe smoke a little less? You seem like the kind of guy who would kill a human just so you can smoke a little weed.

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

To me it looked like he opened the bottle and put it to his mouth as to pull something out with his teeth, but there is nothing in his mouth. I was hoping that they'd have something with the drugs similiar to chinatown wars. Even if you can do it in game its just gonna be one of those things you do every now and again just to see what happens when you do it. Hardly a big deal to me either way.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (PlasmicSnake @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:57)
To me it looked like he opened the bottle and put it to his mouth as to pull something out with his teeth, but there is nothing in his mouth. I was hoping that they'd have something with the drugs similiar to chinatown wars. Even if you can do it in game its just gonna be one of those things you do every now and again just to see what happens when you do it. Hardly a big deal to me either way.

What? I don't smoke and even I could tell that he just tried to take a whiff of the product.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users