Expectations exceeded.

128 replies to this topic
sivaG
  • sivaG

Shetland Pony

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

The scene where they showed the character transitions when off-mission was my favorite and another one where Franklin says "what" to his Armenian boss(?). Hunting, stock market, bounty hunting, everything looks great.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (evilchimotoki @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:31)
QUOTE (jiggysaw @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 17:25)
I don't know why but i am fascinated by awesome walking animations in any game, So when franklin got out of that marijuana store, i was in love

Same with me, I love that swagger he has, oh and did anyone else notice that at around 1:14 Chop is following Franklin in the street

The swagger in his walk ( and Chop ) instantly made Franklin my favorite!

He reminds me a lot of John Marston ( in his walk ).

Also, the driving looked fantastic. Much more realistic than the realism-overdone GTA IV.

..And Tennis! inlove.gif

Wanji
  • Wanji

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

Really, this game is gonna be amazing.
After seeing the gameplay trailer yesterday, I'm even more excited.
Hunting, cycling, tennis, customizing cars. And the missions will probably also be amazing.

dre91
  • dre91

One day.... I'm goin' legitimate

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:57 PM Edited by dre91, 11 July 2013 - 01:00 PM.

Yep, definitely exceeded my expectations as well.
I was particularly happy to see that clothes customization does look pretty detailed as we didn't have that much info on that area of the game. I was hoping that it was gonna be more detailed and versatile than in IV and it looks like it is!
Way more tattoos than I expected as well!
Car customization also exceeded my expectations.
The size of the Los Santos city area feels and looks really big (was really concerned about this)!
I can go and on, but these are the main things that got me mega-hyped after watching the gameplay video.

Personally, 11/10 by what I've seen so far! smile.gif

EDIT: The best part is, there's a probably whole lot more (aside from multiplayer) which R* haven't unveiled and I thank them for that! smile.gif

twistedweather
  • twistedweather

dust in the wind

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:06 PM Edited by twistedweather, 11 July 2013 - 01:10 PM.

the landscape is beautiful/diverse ..... and is going to be an awesome to explore
side activities have been fleshed out and look really fun
lots of detail
more interaction with pedestrians

improved combat system
Flying
customization
a definite visual/graphic improvement upon GTAiv

jus what I was hoping for, I couldnt be more excited!!!

MasterToothDecayer
  • MasterToothDecayer

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (jameznash @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 02:09)
don't like the fee part

Hey, what do you want R* to do? Remember how many people complained that there was nothing to use your money on after IV ended? At least this is something most of us will likely be spending money on a lot ph34r.gif

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

Exceeded my expectations massively. I simply can't wait now.

Aizcold
  • Aizcold

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

I love the way the road looks in the cycling scene. I'm going to be spending a lot of time just cycling around in this game. Hopefully we'll be able to switch the HUD off completely like in previous GTAs, so I can get more immersed and maybe actually get lost in the countryside biggrin.gif

sloth lover
  • sloth lover

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

Exceeded my expectations by miles. How fluid it was. The amount if traffic. Stocks and real estate. I'm in love with the AI. When Franklin was in shoot out and the car exploded the enemy actually looked back to see what was happening. The character transitions were impressive especially when they switched to Trevor. The animations look realistic and epic. The online was interesting despite they showed us like 5 seconds of it. The HUD and weapon wheel look cool. The part when the truck smashed through the wall and every single little piece was realistically breaking. The animation for Chop looks epic. The way Lamar's necklace dangles about. The ocean reacting to the plane over it. How the animations for the 3 protags differs ( Michael with a rich guy walk whereas Franklin has that gangster walk.

I could go on for another year or two but Tbh it's the small incidental details that seem to get me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users