Expectations exceeded.

128 replies to this topic
saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

If anyone needs to get in touch with me, I'll be living inside GTAV until about 2018. cool.gif

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 17:26)
What surprised me was the variety of cars in the trailer and the fact that there is OVER 1,000 OPTIONS for vehicle customization! The customization looks very in depth and not half-assed. I noticed -- when the Sentinel came out of the shop -- that it had carbon fiber reinforced polymer parts added on like the rear diffuser, door sills, and dips. I love how the parts are so detailed and have their own branding like S.T.D.(Sentinel Tuning Division), and LozSpeed, Pfister Designs, etc. I honestly never expected customization this in depth! And there is still more to be shown.

The graphics honestly wowed me. I thought the official gameplay would look like those fairly ugly screenshots we got but no it looks just like the trailers, all polished up with brilliant draw distance. That draw distance... wow.gif How come they couldn't make IV look this good?

This is what took me aback too. I mean I was expecting good customization, especially cars
but everything has it's own brand like you said and is amazingly detailed. Also in that GI article they mentioned
allot of things like Roll Bars, bullet proofing, and the fact it's needed for missions, was just all to much to take in
I can safely say a good 80% of my free time will be taken up by customizeing and maintaining a car collection.

Also an ingame Stock Market? WTF is up with that? Has Rockstar lost their mind? Now I'm saying this in a positive
way because that's just one more way to make the dough, and I was not expecting that level of world detail
I hope it can be influenced by story events and maybe even things you do in freeroam. Rob a bank or something
and the stock plumets buy it cheap and then maybe do some things to raise it's stocks more, and then sell for a
massive profit. I mean right now I can do pretty much everything from Street Race, to rob people, to be a
freaking economist in this game. They've litterally gone bat sh*t insane, in a good way.

XxPhillies26xX
  • XxPhillies26xX

"The future is in your hands"

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:26 PM Edited by XxPhillies26xX, 14 July 2013 - 04:11 PM.

Wow this gameplay video definitely exceeded my expectations. I had a gut feeling that yesterday would be a special day in the making for GTA fans. I just couldn't sleep yesterday I keep waking up. I've never been this excited about a game since the release of GTA IV. To burn of time I listened to some music, hanged out around the GTA V Official Gameplay Video Coming Tomorrow topic and of course youtube so I can watch the video. I never felt my adrenaline and heart run like that before It felt like I was one question away of winning a million dollars on who wants to a millionare. lol.gif

The atmosphere, the scenery and from a artist standpoint the game was visually stunning. For R* to pull of something like this on the current gen is truly a remarkable achievement. The gameplay was definitely mind blowing to the animations, character switch system and the multiplayer. The soundtrack sounded really great I can tell that it will capture Los santos in a special way. The gun sounds were top notch too and the attention to detail is unbelievable you can tell R* environmental artist payed a lot attention to the world Los angeles and it really shows in the gameplay it looked unprecedented. icon14.gif

I have a feeling deep down inside of my mind that this game will be something special. A game you can't wait to come home from a hard working day or coming home from school to rush upstairs or downstairs to cut on the PS3 or Xbox 360. A game like mario, pacman, donkey kong or sonic did for gamers growing up. GTA V will be one of the most memorable game of our generation and I couldn't have been happier to be apart of this experience as a fan. Thanks R* for giving the fans what they want. You've would've made GTA3Freak-2001 proud. icon14.gif

Cheers R* and lets bring on September already. smile.gif rahkstar2.gif

Villager
  • Villager

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

I never expected GTA V to reach this level of beauty. I had high expectations of how it would play and look, but with this gameplay video, I'm sure that I had low expectations before. It's amazing what they're able to do at this stage with the PS3 and the Xbox 360. The gameplay video preview gives the impression that GTA V is a combination of the best elements of all the the recent Rockstar-developed games with more work of refinery.

You think RDR had a beautiful living breathing world filled with different pedestrians having unique set of animations and behaviors? GTA V has that, too, but also with better pedestrian models and textures and far more unique animations that fit the model of that pedestrian. You are fascinated with RDR's natural landscape? GTA V has that, too, but with better graphical details, more variety and more life-like terrains (i.e., very steep mountain ranges with distinct rocky structures). You had fun shooting in Max Payne 3? GTA V has the same shooting system with fluid animations and responsive targeting. All of this combined with a vast array of finely-tuned leisure activities and deep story missions that revolve around heists which are subject to the player's planning.

2spooky4u
  • 2spooky4u

Mayor of LS

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

I can say that I am extremely impressed in the graphics and the police cars and the overall realism of the city and map, really.

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

The only thing which I didn't like was the driving.

By looking at the mouth-off email from R* in a thread, this game now seems to me the game of the generation.

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (mondayonfire @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 05:30)
those underwater experience is gonna be awesome i think..

Yep. I'd like to thank R* for giving me the opportunity of doing something I would'nt in real life. Coz ima pussy when it comes to deep sea.

Veul
  • Veul

BAWSAQ Representative

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

Everything I witnessed went above and beyond my expectations.
I literally came because it looks as if every building is enterable!

The Last of Us is not match for GTA V because GTA V will be GOTG!

Futo
  • Futo

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (saintsrow @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 07:54)
If anyone needs to get in touch with me, I'll be living inside GTAV until about 2018. cool.gif

lol.gif

kamyar07
  • kamyar07

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

eh weapon and car customization is being overhyped, all the cars are basically being dumbed down until you upgrade them and weapon customization was explained to be just finding different variants of a gun rather than putting one together yourself.

also no n2o for our cars sad.gif hopefully they do at it

Dark_AnNiaLatOr
  • Dark_AnNiaLatOr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (kamyar07 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 01:45)
eh weapon and car customization is being overhyped, all the cars are basically being dumbed down until you upgrade them and weapon customization was explained to be just finding different variants of a gun rather than putting one together yourself.

You can get silencers and flash light for weapons man, that's awesome. Having that flashlight is gonna make dark areas really fun to explore.

Futo
  • Futo

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (kamyar07 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 01:45)

Far too cynical for this thread. Must try harder.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:42 AM

I liked the fact you can attach trailers to your pick-up. Nice little detail!

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 07:42)

And how do you know this?

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

I no longer have expectations, because of that video. I would be happy with what they showed, but knowing they're still holding so much back for when we actually get a chance to play it, means there is no reason for me to have expectations or a wishlist anymore.

Anything else is just a bonus.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 07:45)

From Trevor's trailer I believe, geddit, geddit?! Ah forget it.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 07:54)
QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 07:45)

From Trevor's trailer I believe, geddit, geddit?! Ah forget it.

Thanks Prom! icon14.gif

MasterToothDecayer
  • MasterToothDecayer

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (kamyar07 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:45)

There seems to be some confusion here.

pos·i·tiv·i·ty noun \ˌpä-zə-ˈti-və-tē\
plural pos·i·tiv·i·ties

Definition of POSITIVITY

: the quality or state of being positive
: something that is positive

OT: Fully positive, I can't wait. I will be sleeping the rest of my summer away as much as possible. SEPTEMBER HERE I COME

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

Amazing. So much packed into one game, it's the ultimate game.

One little feature they didn't show was the "flippin' the bird" that many have speculated to have been cut from the finale game. But i'm sure it's still there, no need to show everything all at once. smile.gif

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

Before GTAV was even announced, I basically expected GTAIV in modern day Los Santos or Vice City, a single protagonist with an amazing storyline, more vehicles and weapons than IV had and that's it. The debut trailer in 2011 got me excited, ad my expectations rised a bit. I was afraid the long info drought would result in even higher expectations, so that I would get disappointed in the end by the one or another thing. I can't complain at all now, Rockstar clearly exceeded my expectations by far, and this game is more than I would ever have expected. Features we have seen in past games, e.g. vehicle customization, returned and are partly far more advanced now to make it more worthwhile. There is not anything I'm really concerned about.

QUOTE (kasparlaks @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:48)
Annoying car spawning is fixed?

The vehicle spawn issues that were present in past GTAs will also be in V, because it's still the same consoles IV was released for. That's a [V]RAM limitation and can't be fully prevented, but the problem can be solved to a certain extent.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 08:01)
Amazing. So much packed into one game, it's the ultimate game.

One little feature they didn't show was the "flippin' the bird" that many have speculated to have been cut from the finale game. But i'm sure it's still there, no need to show everything all at once. smile.gif

Yeah you're right. But this is the first gameplay of many. So maybe in next trailers we will see that feature.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

I had to watch the trailer at least 10 times to absorb so much info. It really did exceed my expectations, no doubt about that.

R*=Best in the world.

rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (kamyar07 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 04:45)

This isn't a thread for complaining, just leave.

djv3n0m
  • djv3n0m

Bumboclaaaat !!!

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (Futo @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 16:39)
Well I said I wasn't gonna watch it....I lasted an hour lol. My expectations have been exceeded. Just so much content packed into that trailer.

This thread is for peeps who ave been blown away by what R* ave shown today and to point out your fave bits, what surprised you and any other positives u wanna point out.

Positives only. If u wanna point out negatives do so in another thread. Peace!

ps. Gotta love Rockstar.

More then exceeded i'm calling GOTY right now !!!! Wasn't sure about only one city but the game looks huge with such diversity and lots to do..... rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif

PoliceFarm
  • PoliceFarm

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

It's so refreshing to see so many things that you can buy in this game, both useful and fun things, and just cosmetic things. Who would have thought that GTA, a series known for running people over and killing hookers, would include an in depth stock market.

GTA IV was all about money being the main motivator as well, but literally all you could buy were guns, ringtones and a limited amount of clothing. Everything else was $1.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

It has now got to the point that I can no longer talk about this game much. The gameplay video has laid 97% of my fears to rest. It looks prettier than RDR, almost as goodd as MP3 & seems to have more content than SA & RDR combined.

I have a ton of games to finish before this game releases (doesn't help that I keep buying more) & I haven't even bought TLOU yet.

When I'm on other sites or forums & I see people say they aren't that excited for V, I have to question their sanity. I know GTA isn't everyones favourite franchise but come on, this is a next gen game on current gen consoles.

I was recently reading a preview of the Xbone game 'Ryse'. One of the developer's on the game apparently said one of the smoke pillars in the background of a particular scene, required more RAM than the current gen consoles have in total. Seriously? That's nothing to shout about. It just makes you sound like terrible programmers, when you see what R* can have on screen at once with that meagre amount of RAM.

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

I like the fact that your car (if left) gets sent to an impound where you can get it back (don't like the fee part)

Solves a lot of problems - like never using your best cars. icon14.gif loosing all the money you spent on it. icon14.gif

didn't say anything about if it blows up though?

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (jameznash @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 11:09)
I like the fact that your car (if left) gets sent to an impound where you can get it back (don't like the fee part)

Solves a lot of problems - like never using your best cars. icon14.gif loosing all the money you spent on it. icon14.gif

If it blows up it's probably gone.

I'm still psyched about the impound feature though, I always hated having to abandon my car for some other scripted vehicle and basically losing it. confused.gif

platinumlexus
  • platinumlexus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

Im sure there will be a repair option if your car gets blown up at a cost of course

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (Deacon Bosco @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 13:13)
QUOTE (jameznash @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 11:09)

Solves a lot of problems - like never using your best cars.  icon14.gif loosing all the money you spent on it. icon14.gif

If it blows up it's probably gone.

I'm still psyched about the impound feature though, I always hated having to abandon my car for some other scripted vehicle and basically losing it. confused.gif

Painful GTA moments.. cryani.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users