Photo

Expectations exceeded.

128 replies to this topic
nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (sublimelabs @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:06)
Everything seemed so fluid and consistent. Along with the gunplay, I noticed that the enemy AI moved like in Max Payne 3. Realistic; no jankiness. Pedestrian AI is also impressive. They don't seem to just suddenly zig-zag down the sidewalk like in past GTA games. The girl Franklin looks at as he leaves the medical marijuana center--she has boob physics. tounge.gif Pedestrians were abundant and diverse at the same time. Definitely seems like they're aware of the environment, too. I can already tell this will be one of the most lively game worlds ever created.

While I was watching the gameplay video for the first time I kept thinking to myself, "this seems like the open-world genre's The Last of Us." Both games push the hardware and take full advantage of what makes a video game narrative so special. Really impressed with the visual look of GTAV--Rockstar's biggest game yet and it manages to be as good-looking, a lot of the time better-looking, than most linear games. So much detail. The fact that this is running on hardware with 512mb of ram makes the thought of a Rockstar game on next-gen hardware with 8gb of ram TOO exciting. Like, good god.

Still can't understand the people who say the animations and character models are bad as it looks better than 90% of games out today. Definitely comparable with Naughty Dog IMO. The cutscenes look great.

Few other things I like:

- Chop following Franklin. No idea how far they'll go with Chop and if it'll be exclusive to Franklin (pets), but I see myself taking Chop on rides to the countryside. tounge.gif
- The character-switching. Incredibly stylish loading screen, but I bet people will complain either way.

The atmosphere, the environment, was so realistic. But then again, it's R*, they never fail to deliver. I guess the improved graphics are doing their charm. I'm gonna get completely immersed in this game. No way any other game has a chance against this.

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Is it just me, or did I just fall in love how detailed the highways are now? The pavement surface looks way better than gta iv

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:09)
The atmosphere, the environment, was so realistic. But then again, it's R*, they never fail to deliver. I guess the improved graphics are doing their charm. I'm gonna get completely immersed in this game. No way any other game has a chance against this.

Yeah, as usual the artistic direction is superb. Phenomenal lighting, colors, and sound.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

Right now, one of my favorite blurbs from GI is:

In addition to smoothly running out of a car whilst firing a gun, players are able to use their car as cover, getting out and staying low without exposing themselves. They can make a stand there behind the car for a while and then at any time quickly re-enter the car from cover or from shooting and speed away with little exposure to enemy fire. It can really make the difference at crucial moments.

This is gonna make the combat feel incredibly fluid and like it's straight out of a movie.

Mother Licker
  • Mother Licker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

f*ckin love the new minimap

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Really R* has pushed the capabilities of the PS3 and Xbox 360. The game really is the
best looking current gen open world game I've seen. The Lighting effects look amazing.
The detail everywhere....so much damn detail lol.

Crazy that even after all this there is still more to see.

Grand_Theft_Coupe
  • Grand_Theft_Coupe

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Yes, the video has definitely surpassed my expectations! There's so much in the gameplay video that wowed me to a point where I didn't even know what excited me the most!
  • Highly detailed open-world
  • Interactive buildings, environments, including pedestrians
  • Great wilderness, forest, wetlands, etc
  • Realistic weapons, vehicles, aircraft, etc
  • Customization on weapons, vehicles and characters
  • Nice animations
  • New and detailed HUD
  • A smart and aggressive law enforcement system (Police, FIB, Army/Military)
  • Activities actually seem more alive and bold... unlike GTA IV activities

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (Narrator)
Everything is fun and responsive

I just love this quote from the video. It really demonstrates, alongside the gameplay, just how alive this game will be and how much we will immerse ourselves into the world.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

This trailer definitely helped show some awesome things we have been waiting for. the weapon wheel, player wheel, HUD, wildlife, etc.

I, of course, have worries about the driving physics, but overall a fantastic trailer. cant wait.

evilchimotoki
  • evilchimotoki

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (jiggysaw @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 17:25)
I don't know why but i am fascinated by awesome walking animations in any game, So when franklin got out of that marijuana store, i was in love

Same with me, I love that swagger he has, oh and did anyone else notice that at around 1:14 Chop is following Franklin in the street

THUNDER-TRUMP
  • THUNDER-TRUMP

Black Country Crew - Sole Member

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

Just love the epic sense of scale when that diver is dwarfed by the sheer size of that sunken wreck!

Matt06
  • Matt06

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Amazing. I'm actually kind of intimidated by just how much there is going to be to do, won't know where to start. This feels way real, especially the websites and heist planning. And of course the open world.

I admit I thought the map that we've seen thus far looked a tad small, but after seeing the chcharacter switching, it is huge.

I never doubted this games awesomeness once and I think this will silence the naysayers. f*ck yeah, Grand Theft Auto V FTW!

dee8ball
  • dee8ball

*clap... *clap... *clap...

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

Words cannot express how much i'm excited for this game! (that's why i haven't posted in a while)

Everything is my favorite part! The game is just... Just Beautiful.

THUNDER-TRUMP
  • THUNDER-TRUMP

Black Country Crew - Sole Member

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

I actually like the new weapon system
Especially the weapon stats at the top right

user posted image

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (Josh410 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:13)
Is it just me, or did I just fall in love how detailed the highways are now? The pavement surface looks way better than gta iv

Yeah I noticed that. Also noticed the detail in the road during the cycling race. Looked real for a second that clip.

I also loved how filled out the golf n tennis looked.

Some great posts here guys and not one negative comment. Roll on September. biggrin.gif

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:51 AM Edited by Mr. Darko, 10 July 2013 - 12:57 AM.

user posted image
The graphics in this night shot of the sports car driving were fantastic. I wasn't a fan of night in IV because I just thought it looked kinda weird, not dark enough, yet not bright enough either, I guess it just didn't have enough contrast between the bright lights and dark areas. But in V, the contrast is great and nights look dark, while also being very visible. Another thing was how the lamps didn't cast any shadows when you drove under them... I dunno, that just always bothered me, even back in 2008. But that's been fixed, and the radius of the lamps seems to bleed out more naturally. And then there's the great reflections of lights on the wet ground. It just overall looks really good.

Futo
  • Futo

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:51)
user posted image
The graphics in this night shot of the sports car driving were fantastic. I wasn't a fan of night in IV because I just thought it looked kinda weird, not dark enough, yet not bright enough either, I guess it just didn't have enough contrast between the bright lights and dark areas. But in V, the contrast is great and nights look dark, while also being very visible. Another thing was how the lamps didn't cast any shadows when you drove under them... I dunno, that just always bothered me, even back in 2008. But that's been fixed, and the radius of the lamps seems to bleed out more naturally. And then there's the great reflections of lights on the wet ground. It just overall looks really good.

Nice post. Yeah looks really impressive and I know exactly what you mean about night time in IV. They've improved on it greatly here.

I'll tell you something though...I would'nt have got through that sequence without pranging at least 1 car. Lol

Pantera2198
  • Pantera2198

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:17 AM

I loved that MASSIVE ship wreck in the ocean...

Didn't expect there to be such grand wreckage. looks like you
will have a lot of time to explore unde water.

I really really like the whole scube diving thing. inlove.gif

soundbomber
  • soundbomber

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:20 AM

this seems like its the GTA everyone always wanted instead of IV. perfect. obviously excluding the guys who wanted saints row dildo alien transformer crap.

Futo
  • Futo

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (Pantera2198 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:17)
I loved that MASSIVE ship wreck in the ocean...

Didn't expect there to be such grand wreckage. looks like you
will have a lot of time to explore unde water.

I really really like the whole scube diving thing. inlove.gif

Yeah good shout. Looks vast and i'm looking forward to seeing how deep it is. Will spend hours down there, sharks permitting.

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:26 AM

What surprised me was the variety of cars in the trailer and the fact that there is OVER 1,000 OPTIONS for vehicle customization! The customization looks very in depth and not half-assed. I noticed -- when the Sentinel came out of the shop -- that it had carbon fiber reinforced polymer parts added on like the rear diffuser, door sills, and dips. I love how the parts are so detailed and have their own branding like S.T.D.(Sentinel Tuning Division), and LozSpeed, Pfister Designs, etc. I honestly never expected customization this in depth! And there is still more to be shown.

The graphics honestly wowed me. I thought the official gameplay would look like those fairly ugly screenshots we got but no it looks just like the trailers, all polished up with brilliant draw distance. That draw distance... wow.gif How come they couldn't make IV look this good?

T.P.E
  • T.P.E

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

The penthouse at the end for online. I wont stop till I get me one of those tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif

Futo
  • Futo

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:26)
That draw distance... wow.gif How come they couldn't make IV look this good?

Long time ago now mate and let's not forget it was their first foray into hd. But now there have master the tools of this gen rockstar are weaving their black magic again. biggrin.gif

WolfbackGames
  • WolfbackGames

Keep things real.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

This is the best game I've honestly ever seen. Words cannot describe how perfect everything is. The delay was worth it, and Thankyou Rockstar for this fantastic piece of "art"!

LaUgHiN gUy
  • LaUgHiN gUy

Reyes Crime Family Para La Vida

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

It excited A LOT! From the beginning to the end, it went way past on what I thought. icon14.gif

ECDT1089
  • ECDT1089

TheGamer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

Everything in the video amazed me. I can't wait til September 17th. biggrin.gif

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

Greatest game of all time.

MagzGTA
  • MagzGTA

The 1975-Tones

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:43 AM

I seriously believe this is the best game we'll see for a long time, and there's so much I liked about it!
  • The map is huge not just horizontal but vertical too...the size of mount Chilliad was rediculous
  • The customization options, from clothes, to tattoos to the amazing cars my god I'll spend so much time with this
  • The fluidity of everything. The moving, running, and blending of animations looks so perfect.
  • Max Payne 3 shooting movement. I love the way you can now literally run and gun,instead of the boring stop and aim mechanics of IV.
  • I love the sawgger of Franklin, and his overall persona...there's just something about that walk when he leaves the shop.
  • The bike riding, and all the other mini games.
  • The new wide highway.
  • The planes
  • I couldn't get to grips with how good everything flowed. SO SO SMOOTH!

Futo
  • Futo

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (MagzGTA @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 01:43)
I seriously believe this is the best game we'll see for a long time, and there's so much I liked about it!

• The map is huge not just horizontal but vertical too...the size of mount Chilliad was rediculous
  • The customization options, from clothes, to tattoos to the amazing cars my god I'll spend so much time with this
  • The fluidity of everything. The moving, running, and blending of animations looks so perfect.
  • Max Payne 3 shooting movement. I love the way you can now literally run and gun,instead of the boring stop and aim mechanics of IV.
  • I love the sawgger of Franklin, and his overall persona...there's just something about that walk when he leaves the shop.
  • The bike riding, and all the other mini games.
  • The new wide highway.
  • The planes
  • I couldn't get to grips with how good everything flowed. SO SO SMOOTH!

Nice post.

Yeah i'd like to know who done Franklin's mo-cap. He got some serious strut on him. The bit when he walks out of the shop looked unreal, so alive.

stux56
  • stux56

Vice City Busdriver

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:53 AM

Vehicle customisation is going to add so much replay value for me personally (especially with the insame amount of depth it has in V) smile.gif I remember with San Andreas, I was always searching for an awesome car and giving it some nice new decals. Can't freaking wait!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users