Photo

so NeoGAF says it isnt running on console

212 replies to this topic
The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 16:43)
QUOTE (bud23 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 10:24)
Glam FM says it is running on current-gen hardware... and hes right. End of story.

http://www.neogaf.co...1&postcount=663

Um, hes right because he pointed to a screen from rockstar, or because its common f*cking sense???

Um, look around and tell me where is the f*cking common sense. That, in fact ,does not exist, not on the Internet, not on Neogaf, not on GTAf, so the former. Dude.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:44)
Glam FM says it is running on current-gen hardware... and hes right. End of story.

Um, hes right because he pointed to a screen from rockstar, or because its common f*cking sense???

Um, look around and tell me where is the f*cking common sense. That, in fact ,does not exist, not on the Internet, not on Neogaf, not on GTAf, so the former. Dude.

actually its not common sense to believe that its PS3 or Xbox only because of the prompts.

Last years there were tons of games which were played with xbox controller on E3 and so on. The Devs never said if it was PC or Xbox. People who see the differences know that it was all PC ( MoH, Far Cry and so on) but the core gamers which dont inform themselves, they think it will look that good when they buy it... thats a marketing strategy which gets popular more and more...

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:11)

actually its not common sense to believe that its PS3 or Xbox only because of the prompts.

Last years there were tons of games which were played with xbox controller on E3 and so on. The Devs never said if it was PC or Xbox. People who see the differences know that it was all PC ( MoH, Far Cry and so on) but the core gamers which dont inform themselves, they think it will look that good when they buy it... thats a marketing strategy which gets popular more and more...

This is on PS3, the graphics match PS3' capabilities, any real PC gamer out there knows PC has much better graphics even on low - mid settings. Neogaf are just a bunch of pretentious twats

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:18)
QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:11)

This is on PS3, the graphics match PS3' capabilities, any real PC gamer out there knows PC has much better graphics even on low - mid settings. Neogaf are just a bunch of pretentious twats

Never said it was played on PC but probably on machines that make it look better than it is. such things exist. Like the Bullshots R* gave us all the time

Too me it looks obviously like PS3.
If look at the past the Xbox Version could even look a bit sharper.
Thats the only thing that annoyed me, some scenes looked pretty smooth like the scene where trevor gets chased and then there is the scene of franklin when buying weed. there is alot of blurry and aliasing like in GTA4.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

My opinion is that this guy doesn't know sh*t.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 15:17)
I did read the NeoGAF Thread and there are quite alot people saying that it isnt runing on console ( with PS3 prompts in mind)
They say it isnt possible that the game runs with these visuals on these consoles.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=618081

whats your opinion?

The visuals really look no better than Red Dead Redemption, so I'd say that it I am very much convinced that the gameplay video is derived from the PS3, just as Rockstar said it is!

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

Should've known when I saw the OP was iNero. It was on a PS3, GET OVER IT!!! Rockstar has nothing to gain by lying about the gameplay trailer playing on a console, get over yourself.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:24)
Thats the only thing that annoyed me, some scenes looked pretty smooth like the scene where trevor gets chased and then there is the scene of franklin when buying weed. there is alot of blurry and aliasing like in GTA4.

I don't even think that this is a general filter like in GTA4, they're probably trying to give certain areas of the city a haze/smog effect like in the real world, the area where Trevor gets chased seems to be in the desert with clear air and therefore no haze or smog.
Probably a nice thing for R* though, as the bigger city has that haze/smog effect they can increase the draw distance and make the city generally look smoother with all the hardware restrictions.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:29)
Should've known when I saw the OP was iNero. It was on a PS3, GET OVER IT!!! Rockstar has nothing to gain by lying about the gameplay trailer playing on a console, get over yourself.

do you actually f*ckin read a post?

I never said it was PC. I even said it was PS3 suicidal.gif
stupidity of some people is huge in here...

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

It's not surprising that many PC players would write this off as a pc demo and discredit the consoles. Many pc gamers, from my experience with them, have assumed that consoles are crap for so long that it's unfathomable to them that the consoles can sustain decent graphics and performance.

Couple that with the fact that most strictly pc gamers haven't played Red Dead Redemption and you really have a clear depiction of what consoles are, in fact, capable of and the discrepancy of what PC gamers think the consoles are capable of.

Anyone could say that every game previewed prior to it's release was actually being displayed via a pc. This is pure ignorance of a PC gamer and sometimes a console gamer. Current Gen consoles are not as strong as PCs, no one is denying this, however the difference is not that overwhelming and the current gen consoles are quite powerful machines in their own right. To dismiss them is simply biased arrogance.

Those neogaf members are arguing against observations of the gameplay footage that has clear evidence that it is be run on a console. Their stance is mere speculation with nothing to back it up other than their bias.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 14:45)

Yup read it, if you don't believe it either, then why make this thread?

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 14:53)

Because he wants to discuss this discrepancy in beliefs. Why make any thread at all? What's the point of a forum if not to discuss things that pertain to the topic of that given forum. IF you don't want to talk about it go away.

Kipsta77
  • Kipsta77

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

When it comes to GTA, I put my pride aside. I don't play GTA for the graphics, I play it because it is my favourite game of all time!

Yes, there were prompts for X,O (PS3 controls) in the video. But this thread got me thinking, the button prompts weren't in every shot, there were in very few in fact.... What? NeoGaf think they're running it on the soon to be announced PC version? I honestly don't know, it's very possible.

(I'm not a fanboy, just to prove, I am getting GTA V for ps3 until the PC version comes out)

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Zinthaniel @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 14:56)
QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 14:53)

Because he wants to discuss this discrepancy in beliefs. Why make any thread at all? What's the point of a forum if not to discuss things that pertain to the topic of that given forum. IF you don't want to talk about it go away.

I was mistaken, I thought he was seconding the article, my apologies iNero.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 15:21)
this is the dumbest sh*t i have ever heard. They wouldnt show gameplay from a pc disguised as a PS#. This isnt the government we are talking about.

The game looks great. Sit down, and enjoy the trailer

/thread

GTAVwillbeEPIC
  • GTAVwillbeEPIC

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (gabrielkipp77 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 14:59)
When it comes to GTA, I put my pride aside. I don't play GTA for the graphics, I play it because it is my favourite game of all time!

Yes, there were prompts for X,O (PS3 controls) in the video. But this thread got me thinking, the button prompts weren't in every shot, there were in very few in fact.... What? NeoGaf think they're running it on the soon to be announced PC version? I honestly don't know, it's very possible.

(I'm not a fanboy, just to prove, I am getting GTA V for ps3 until the PC version comes out)

Because why would the button prompts come up everytime in the video? The WHOLE thing wasn't gameplay, only very small bits were.

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by Zinthaniel, 10 July 2013 - 03:09 PM.

Actually they where quite a few scenes that showed the ps3 button interface. About 6 scenes had the prompts clearly visible for the world to see.

There is absolutely no reason to believe that gameplay footage was run on pc, the game that we saw is well within the confines of current gen console power.

Kipsta77
  • Kipsta77

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Zinthaniel @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 02:05)

Actually they where quite a few scenes that showed the ps3 button interface. About 6 scenes had the prompts clearly visible for the world to see.

There is absolutely no reason to believe that gameplay footage was run on pc, the game that we saw is well within the confines of current gen console power.

True. Hell, if anyone can bring out the potential of a console... It's R*

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

user posted image
The graphics are f*cling amazing but they are current gen.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Lil Jacob 27 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:09)
user posted image

I noticed, in that scene when he has a wanted level. Didn't they mention that cops have a line of sight? I don't see anything like that in the radar.

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Again Any PC gamer doubting the consoles need only play Red Dead Redemption to know how well Rockstar has mastered to consoles and what the consoles are capable of. GtaV is Red Dead modernized, and that's not a bad thing.

GTAVwillbeEPIC
  • GTAVwillbeEPIC

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:11)
user posted image

I noticed, in that scene when he has a wanted level. Didn't they mention that cops have a line of sight? I don't see anything like that in the radar.

I'm pretty sure they aren't doing it like that. If you hide from them, they will have to look for you physically, if they don't find you, then your safe. That's how it works.

deli2000
  • deli2000

It was the best of times, It was the blurst of times

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

Are we seriously arguing if it's not PC or not? It's from a PS3 build, it's been confirmed so many times now.

and 'NeoGaf' isn't a person, it's a forum full of many people with different opinions

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (deli2000 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:16)
Are we seriously arguing if it's not PC or not? It's from a PS3 build, it's been confirmed so many times now.

and 'NeoGaf' isn't a person, it's a forum full of many people with different opinions

No said Neogaf was a person.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (deli2000 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 10:16)

Exactly.

Neosh*t is just as credible as someone here on the forums claiming the footage isn't from current gen console.

deli2000
  • deli2000

It was the best of times, It was the blurst of times

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Zinthaniel @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:17)
QUOTE (deli2000 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:16)

No said Neogaf was a person.

My point is that the title and some posts are making out that people who think this on neogaf are the majority.

Not the case

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (GTAVwillbeEPIC @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:14)
user posted image

I'm pretty sure they aren't doing it like that. If you hide from them, they will have to look for you physically, if they don't find you, then your safe. That's how it works.

Pretty sure it will be like in Far Cry. There wont be any line on the map. Cops will have a certain view distance and when you out of it they will search you.

the difference to previous systems is that now you cant get spotted again even when you are behind walls and hiding. they really have to see you. the other difference is that the seach circle now moves even when they dont know where you are which means you can stay at a spot and hope that they go away without finding you

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

Well I keep what I said before, it is from a current gen console you can see it in some of the footage better then in other, but one thing that is bugging me since I've seen the video is this. The variety of cars and pedestrians. I mean I bet Rockstar made an amazing job enhancing the game, but did they actually made something about the memory problems that been in GTA's since GTA 3?

Look at the amount and variety of cars in some scenes and look to the amount of peds and how different they are. I don't know but could this be scripted somehow? This had gameplay footage but we didn't saw an actual gameplay video, where you see how it actually plays for a minute or two.

PhilosophyPanda
  • PhilosophyPanda

R* loyalist

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

user posted image

Actually thinking that the gameplay video was shown on PC is ridiculous. Button prompts should be evidence enough that it was being played on a PS3. And the fact that they haven't even announced it officially on PC makes the whole claim even more stupid.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:21)
QUOTE (GTAVwillbeEPIC @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:14)
user posted image

Pretty sure it will be like in Far Cry. There wont be any line on the map. Cops will have a certain view distance and when you out of it they will search you.

the difference to previous systems is that now you cant get spotted again even when you are behind walls and hiding. they really have to see you. the other difference is that the seach circle now moves even when they dont know where you are which means you can stay at a spot and hope that they go away without finding you

I think it's gonna be like rdr, which combines a search circle and line of sight system

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users