so NeoGAF says it isnt running on console

212 replies to this topic
S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

This is have console written all over it, I don't understand all the buzz.

And like it or not IGN was right, doesn't look as good as the trailers and it's far from most of the screens, which rises a lot of other questions, looks good but nothing to drop the chin.

marcx
  • marcx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (DjMiikkii @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 17:25)
It looks pretty much the same as GTA IV

are u serious? it looks much better than IV.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 15:37)

And like it or not IGN was right, doesn't look as good as the trailers and it's far from most of the screens, which rises a lot of other questions, looks good but nothing to drop the chin.

I haven't watched the video as I'm not watching it. But from what I see from people posting images on here, the graphics and first-hand accounts, the graphics look great, more than good enough.

And you should know by now that GTA games have never been known for having stunning, spectacular graphics, they are better known for the amount of detail and things happening all at once on the screen.

We get it, you're a PC elitist, and PC have the best graphics, but that don't apply here.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 15:35)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 17:34)
QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 15:32)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 17:26)
iNero's logic:
Believe everything what a person on the internet states.

NeoGAF is filled with snobby elitists.

shut up morron.

Im posting it cause there are alot of people saying the same..

I never said I believe it morron

Why the hell did you make this thread then? yawn.gif

Needs better trolling material.

cause I want it to be discussed.

jessssuuus christ are you really that dull...

Of course. But did it really deserve it's own thread? No.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Idk what to say... it does look too good to be true. Not because these graphics are next gen or anything but because with everything that this game has.. the entire universe that they are offering, it looks way too awesome.

But this IS gameplay trailer and they did say at the end that the entire footage was taken from in-game. I will trust R*'s word over Neogaf's.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 10:24)
Glam FM says it is running on current-gen hardware... and hes right. End of story.

http://www.neogaf.co...1&postcount=663

Um, hes right because he pointed to a screen from rockstar, or because its common f*cking sense???

droppdeadd
  • droppdeadd

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (DjMiikkii @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 15:25)
It looks pretty much the same as GTAIV

UM.. just.. no. It looks nothing like IV. It's not really a matter of opinion either.

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 15:28)
The majority of those complaining about the graphics are console players....

It would be so nice if all of the consoles people could just lay off the PC people. I am mainly a PC player who is going to be playing this game on my PS3 and I think the graphics are good enough. This is GTA, I don't play for the graphics but for the gameplay. I see no problem whatsoever with the graphics.

The ones whining about the graphics are those who are whining that this should have been on next-gen consoles.

Some of these people whine over everything either because it's how they are or just to unleash troll bait. The majority of them are immature console fangirls. Same goes for PC fangirls who troll the console guys. All of them are immature trolls.

Same here, i'm a PC player but will be playing GTA V on my PS3.

Graphics are fine, it's the game-play that i care about the most, from the looks of today's video, the game looks fantastic and i seriously cannot wait to play it.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 15:40)

I haven't watched the video as I'm not watching it. But from what I see from people posting images on here, the graphics and first-hand accounts, the graphics look great, more than good enough.

And you should know by now that GTA games have never been known for having stunning, spectacular graphics, they are better known for the amount of detail and things happening all at once on the screen.

We get it, you're a PC elitist, and PC have the best graphics, but that don't apply here.

He was simply stating that the graphics looked somewhat achievable on current console hardware, I don't see anything wrong in his post.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 15:20)
PC purists everywhere are shocked as all hell to see something this beautiful come from 'outdated toasters'.

i am not shocked

it looks good amazing but not even close to what a pc can do

but i don't care

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

I have a bunch of people arguing with me on Youtube right now saying it's running on PC and that console isn't capable of this.

I then proceeded to show them the PS3 buttom prompts, and this is what they had to say:

"Then this is probably a demo for the PS4 version".

suicidal.gif

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

obviously. it is running on dev kits which tend to be more powerful than actual consoles

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Wait a minute, why are we even talking about another forum's (incorrect) opinion?

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 15:48)
QUOTE (Official General @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 15:40)

He was simply stating that the graphics looked somewhat achievable on current console hardware, I don't see anything wrong in his post.

You know what, you are right.

@ S1LV3R_W0LF

I do apologize icon14.gif

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

Did Rockstar Games confirm that there won't be any difference between the PS3 version and the Xbox 360 version

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Graphics look great to me and not unbelievable to be running on consoles. I guess these kind of people won't be satisfied until they play the game on there console themselves and even then they will think "this isn't running on my console! It's running on my PC!". To be honest I'm sure R* take these theories as compliments.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 11:20)
PC purists everywhere are shocked as all hell to see something this beautiful come from 'outdated toasters'.

This cracked me up. lol.gif

It does look good, and I seriously doubt that R* would lie about it running on PS3 or that other console that I use for a door stop. ph34r.gif

TheNextGTAprotag
  • TheNextGTAprotag

GTA fiend

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

just to clarify

user posted image

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (TheNextGTAprotag @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 17:54)
just to clarify

user posted image

thats what they say in the video too.

I would say obviously its PS3 but you know there are many Games which look better on their showcase. Uncharted 3 was chowcased with 60 FPS for example but only had 30 in retail

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (droppdeadd @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 15:44)
QUOTE (DjMiikkii @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 15:25)
It looks pretty much the same as GTAIV

UM.. just.. no. It looks nothing like IV. It's not really a matter of opinion either.

Exactly.. Its like 10 times better than IV.

First I streamed it at 360p and it was kind of disappointing to look at, then I downloaded the HD version and..... it looks beautiful. Like I said before, Too good to be true.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Thats how they reacted to this post of R*:

I bet it was more a dev program running in on "ps3" on PC. It would be far easier to manipulate and edit and control than to literally stick a disc in a ps3 and connect it to a capture card.

GTAVwillbeEPIC
  • GTAVwillbeEPIC

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 15:50)
obviously. it is running on dev kits which tend to be more powerful than actual consoles

Are you retarded? They don't use devkits 6 years AFTER the console has released confused.gif confused.gif

And clearly, those PC elitists are JEALOUS. This is from PS3, accept the facts.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (GTAVwillbeEPIC @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:11)

Are you retarded? They don't use devkits 6 years AFTER the console has released confused.gif confused.gif

he is probably. showed it in the Games section too...

Dev Kits have the same hardware as the retail consoles. Only more RAM. that was said so often in the last months...

Starz
  • Starz

Niko

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

The majority of games are run on PC before they are released. I heard a lot of the E3 games were all ran on high end computers too, but I'd imagine they would play it on a machine with near identical specs to the consoles.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

everyone just wanna hate on the PS3. Give it up R* obviously prefer the PS3.

GTAVwillbeEPIC
  • GTAVwillbeEPIC

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 16:12)
QUOTE (GTAVwillbeEPIC @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:11)

he is probably. showed it in the Games section too...

Dev Kits have the same hardware as the retail consoles. Only more RAM. that was said so often in the last months...

Exactly. And I don't understand why people can't accept it's from the PS3, they are taking the full advantage of the cell architecture, that's all. Imagine V on PC....

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

user posted image

/THREAD

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

I never said it looked bad, what I said is that it looks like a console game to me, looks good but not unachievable. In fact there are other games that look better, but keep in mind it is a freaking huge sandbox, which means it's a "starving horse" for resources. It gave me a deja-vu of the old SA but with HD visuals, if SA was amazing and entertained me for so many hours, this will do the same. Although I'm a PC player so I still have to wait...

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 17:08)
Thats how they reacted to this post of R*:

I bet it was more a dev program running in on "ps3" on PC. It would be far easier to manipulate and edit and control than to literally stick a disc in a ps3 and connect it to a capture card.

Why are you quoting posts from another forum? There's enough uninformed opinion here, there's no need to outsource for it.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Starz @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:12)
The majority of games are run on PC before they are released. I heard a lot of the E3 games were all ran on high end computers too, but I'd imagine they would play it on a machine with near identical specs to the consoles.

no?!

there was one Screen which showed an PC which did run this game:

running on an GTX 7xx

and that was the only thing and everyone then posted that all X1 Games were played on PC which is utter BS. PS4 Game Devs then even posted that all their Games were running on actually Dev Kits of the PS4

But thats another topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users