Photo

The realstic steak debacle.

40 replies to this topic
MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

So, I maybe one of the few who doesn't get.. or find it remotely funny. Now, saying that I won't disagree it isn't funny for some. I ain't American so I guess that'd count for some.. + I wasn't around when it started but lately I've seen few who are finding it quite annoying. All I want to know is, where it began, why it's funny.. Hows its funny at that and where I can buy some Realistic Steak?

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:34 AM

It was a popular thread that ThePinkFloydSound made that was about realistic steak being in GTA V. The OP finally told the mods to lock it. sad.gif Sad day indeed, but the legend still lives on! Although it was funny at first but everyone started overusing it, so it isn't that funny anymore. lol

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 08:34)
It was a popular thread that ThePinkFloydSound made that was about realistic steak being in GTA V. The OP finally told the mods to lock it. sad.gif Sad day indeed, but the legend still lives on! Although it was funny at first but everyone started overusing it, so it isn't that funny anymore. lol

Link please...

I never really found it funny and when I first saw it, I didn't know what was going on confused.gif

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:26 AM Edited by lol232, 09 July 2013 - 08:28 AM.

QUOTE (Werebot85 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 07:47)
QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 08:34)

Link please...

I never really found it funny and when I first saw it, I didn't know what was going on confused.gif

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=493148

It was so awesome back in the day.
It was like the thread back in the 2007 when GTA IV was about to be released:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=270959

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

You had to be there to understand it.

#Steak4Lyfe
#PizzaSchmizza

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

Kinda brushed through the thread ha, guess I can understand.. I had to be there. I'll leave you guys to your realistic steak and hopefully one day I can be able to understand and taste what you guys are going through with this amazing joke.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

R.I.P. Realistic Steak!

I will never forget you cryani.gif
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

I dunno what is was about it, it was pretty funny, the original topic was a crack up. Haha it's just a joke, that's all.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 11:44)
I dunno what is was about it, it was pretty funny, the original topic was a crack up. Haha it's just a joke, that's all.

Look how many pages it spawned aswell. Got more attention than most serious topics!

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:52 AM Edited by WildBrick142, 09 July 2013 - 11:56 AM.

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 11:47)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 11:44)

Look how many pages it spawned aswell. Got more attention than most serious topics!

10 pages in one night
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062258214
46 pages in 9 days

I remeber seeing over 50 users watching the fight between me and Celestial Hyena vs LifeWithScissors

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

It was a parody of realism ideas people had like going to the bathroom, sleeping etc. The funny thing was some people clearly couldn't see it was for a bit of fun, but long live the steak.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 21:57)
It was a parody of realism ideas people had like going to the bathroom, sleeping etc. The funny thing was some people clearly couldn't see it was for a bit of fun, but long live the steak.

Haha yeah, all those newbies coming in going "Oh my god, really guys? Steak isn't a priority for Rockstar in the video games that they develop" lol.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 17:27)

Good days, Miami, good days....

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

I was hoping they would actually have realistic steak in the game just as a reference to the forums, unfortunately the developers have no idea that the topic exists sad.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 12:57)

miami said it.

It actually is a carbon copy of a thread made before except I added 'realistic' to it. Like miami said, it was a sort of satire on all the terrible topics with specific demands, especially post IV.

With, GTA V rapidly approaching, I'd be happy if the topic got reopened for the remaining 2 months just for fun as their can be a lack of info some time. I've said on many occasion, it would be fun if Rockstar did put a steak reference in there. It would be the ultimate gift from Rockstar to the GTAForums.com.

I requested it got closed originally due to a similar topic being made. I know it was for fun but it was lucky that the original one survived with out having 2 joke topics - it took the uniqueness away from the steak one.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (DE4TH @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 12:48)
I was hoping they would actually have realistic steak in the game just as a reference to the forums, unfortunately the developers have no idea that the topic exists sad.gif

Are you sure about that? I vaguely remember someone showing an easter egg that was a reference to the forums in a previous GTA game...

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:39)

miami said it.

It actually is a carbon copy of a thread made before except I added 'realistic' to it. Like miami said, it was a sort of satire on all the terrible topics with specific demands, especially post IV.

With, GTA V rapidly approaching, I'd be happy if the topic got reopened for the remaining 2 months just for fun as their can be a lack of info some time. I've said on many occasion, it would be fun if Rockstar did put a steak reference in there. It would be the ultimate gift from Rockstar to the GTAForums.com.

I requested it got closed originally due to a similar topic being made. I know it was for fun but it was lucky that the original one survived with out having 2 joke topics - it took the uniqueness away from the steak one.

Pinky, you broke our heart man, why did you do it? cryani.gif You could have kept it open for our sake.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

Steak is the most overrated food on the planet, well 2nd most overrated, just behind bacon. Bacon is good, but it doesn't deserve the cock sucking that it gets.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:14)

miami said it.

Pinky, you broke our heart man, why did you do it? cryani.gif You could have kept it open for our steak.

Fixed that one for you.
I'm glad it was locked at the time. It's kinda like Seinfeld, Seinfeld was still getting higher and higher ratings when it finished up, they were interested in finding out how high it would go, but to do that, they would have to keep going until ratings dropped, which would mean they took it too far and kinda wrecked it, but nope. They stopped when it was at its best.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

163 pages?! Goddamit, what were you guys talking about actually back there?

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

So how did the whole Pizza one start? Someone stole the whole idea and tried to recreate the popularity using pizza?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 13:23)
163 pages?! Goddamit, what were you guys talking about actually back there?

Steak.

@ThePinkFloydSound - Can you request unlock before release?

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 14:21)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:14)

miami said it.

Pinky, you broke our heart man, why did you do it? cryani.gif You could have kept it open for our steak.

Fixed that one for you.
I'm glad it was locked at the time. It's kinda like Seinfeld, Seinfeld was still getting higher and higher ratings when it finished up, they were interested in finding out how high it would go, but to do that, they would have to keep going until ratings dropped, which would mean they took it too far and kinda wrecked it, but nope. They stopped when it was at its best.

Better to burn out than to fade away and all that wink.gif

@wildbrick: I openly did on the last page. wink.gif

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:27 PM Edited by Valenta, 09 July 2013 - 01:29 PM.

QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 11:52)
10 pages in one night
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062258214
46 pages in 9 days

I remember seeing over 50 users watching the fight between me and Celestial Hyena vs LifeWithScissors.

That's pretty insane.
Long live the steak

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Why do I really miss the old steak vs. pizza contest?

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

PinkFloydSound.

In a couple years time, be around to make a new Steak topic, just when things start getting quiet around here again.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

It's a nice sentiment buddy but it would be nice if it was something completely new or at leasty had a super new twist. We never know what it's going to be like after V. IV was a big change and the "realistic" thing suited the steak topic. Who knows what it will be like in the future. icon14.gif

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 13:33)
It's a nice sentiment buddy but it would be nice if it was something completely new or at leasty had a super new twist. We never know what it's going to be like after V. IV was a big change and the "realistic" thing suited the steak topic. Who knows what it will be like in the future. icon14.gif

Hope it's tacos. Good god let it be tacos.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 21:35)
It's a nice sentiment buddy but it would be nice if it was something completely new or at leasty had a super new twist. We never know what it's going to be like after V. IV was a big change and the "realistic" thing suited the steak topic. Who knows what it will be like in the future.  icon14.gif

Stick to steak. Nothing detests 'him' other than pizza.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 13:35)
It's a nice sentiment buddy but it would be nice if it was something completely new or at leasty had a super new twist. We never know what it's going to be like after V. IV was a big change and the "realistic" thing suited the steak topic. Who knows what it will be like in the future.  icon14.gif

I was thinking about food or restaurants.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users