Unable to play on pc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic
Andrewgans
  • Andrewgans

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:54 AM

Installed gta sa on my compter through a download, then i installed a mod installer on my computer for san andreas, unknown to me it deleted some game files that (i think) were crucial to the game. I can no longer play the game, i cannot reinstall it, or uninstall, then install again. the game files are stored on my phone, and then copued over to my computer.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:14 AM

We don't fix modded games on this part of the forum.
Where did you download it from?

Andrewgans
  • Andrewgans

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:26 AM

Its not the mod that'sthe issue, it's how to uninstall and then reinstall the so that it will have the proper files.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

Where did you buy the original Game?
What is your Operating System? Vista?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (Andrewgans @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 03:54)
the game files are stored on my phone, and then copued over to my computer.

That definitely can't be a legit way of installing the game. Where did you get it from?

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Assuming I understand you correctly, refer to this: http://www.copyright...aq-digital.html

"Can I backup my computer software?"

Yes, under certain conditions as provided by section 117 of the Copyright Act. Although the precise term used under section 117 is “archival” copy, not “backup” copy, these terms today are used interchangeably. This privilege extends only to computer programs and not to other types of works.

Under section 117, you or someone you authorize may make a copy of an original computer program if:

-the new copy is being made for archival (i.e., backup) purposes only;
-you are the legal owner of the copy; and
- any copy made for archival purposes is either destroyed, or transferred with the original copy, once the original copy is sold, given away, or otherwise transferred.

Most importantly:

Anyone found to have infringed a copyrighted work may be liable for statutory damages up to $30,000 for each work infringed and, if willful infringement is proven by the copyright owner, that amount may be increased up to $150,000 for each work infringed. In addition, an infringer of a work may also be liable for the attorney's fees incurred by the copyright owner to enforce his or her rights.

Andrewgans
  • Andrewgans

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Its not a copy, i bought the game and downloaded it to my computer, I back up some of my games to my sd card ( the ones I download which is only 3 games) i backed up the game files to a my sd card, well that sd card is in my phone so that's why I said the files are stored on my phone. There just backed up to the sd card on my phone, I'm planning on getting a new laptop before long. My computer is a 2007 windows xp. I don't remember where I downloaded gta sa from. I downloaded it a little over 4 months ago. When I installed a mod installer, because Iwas going to try mods for once, it ddeleted a file that I think was vorbis. Dll or ddl. How do I uninstall the game to reinstall? That's all I need to know. Add or remove programs in the control panel doesn't work.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Andrewgans @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:59)
My computer is a 2007 windows xp. I don't remember where I downloaded gta sa from. I downloaded it a little over 4 months ago.

Check your Credit Card info so you can re-download from the site where you purchased the game.

Copying the files from your phone should be fine, if none of the registry files were damaged.
Delete the gta_sa.set file as an Aspirin™.

Andrewgans
  • Andrewgans

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

Thank you Lil weasel, it's working now. I love the name by the way

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users