Quantcast

» «
Photo

Ramadan 2013 is on Wednesday, July 10, 2013!

155 replies to this topic
theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Can't wait!

Ramadan moon has not been sighted in Saudi Arabia and Wednesday, July 10, is the first day of holy month of Ramadan, news reports said.

An official statement by the moon sighting committee is expected to be issued shortly.

An official statement from the UAE authorities about the advent of the holy month of Ramadan is also likely soon.

Most of the astronomers had predicted that the holy month of Ramadan is likely to begin on Wednesday.

The Sharjah Planetarium at the Department of Culture and Information announced that the Ramadan Crescent will form on July 8, 2013 at 11:14am and set at 19:08pm, five minutes before the sunset. The crescent will be seen on July 9 in the evening. So the first day of Ramadan will be July 10, astronomically, corresponding to Ramadan 01, 1434 H.

Bangkok Post has announced that the Muslim religious authority in Thailand has declared Wednesday as the first day of the holy month. Because Ramadan begins on Wednesday, the Eid al-Fitr celebration marking the end of the 30-day fasting period will be on Aug 9, it said.

Sleepy187.
  • Sleepy187.

Infamous

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for letting me know. I can peacefully die now.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Thanks brother. icon14.gif

Sleepy187.
  • Sleepy187.

Infamous

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

It'll be a loong month. -_-
Especially with the hot weather here where I live.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

It's extremely hot in the UK and it's supposed to be even hotter.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Research ≠ Searching something on Google

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

I love Ramadan.
It will be very long and hot indeed, but it is always worth it. Especially the Eid al-Fitr celebration.

That reminds me, I have to buy presents for my little cousins tounge2.gif

Sleepy187.
  • Sleepy187.

Infamous

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:32 PM Edited by Sleepy187., 08 July 2013 - 05:35 PM.

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 17:28)
It's extremely hot in the UK and it's supposed to be even hotter.

I am not currently in Romania, it's raining there and whatnot. But in Jordan it is 8:30 PM and 30°..

@Chris Fromage, I hate Eid al-Fitr, damn family is always grumpy and sh*t, and I hate all the kids running inside the houses and whatnot, basically I hate all eids @ arabs.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

Do you have to bother us with that ramadan stuff even here?

Sleepy187.
  • Sleepy187.

Infamous

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 17:43)

Do you have to click this thread and piss yourself off every time?
Don't like the topic? Don't click it, no one's forcing you to do it. Get out.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 18:43)

Can't you just respect our religion?

Secura
  • Secura

Enigmatic Wanderer.

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 17:44)

Go starve yourselves in silence.

Mockage
  • Mockage

deadringer

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 13:43)

Shut the hell up.

Anyways this fasting is probably gonna suck since 1) I start work on the first day of fasting and 2) I have cross country practice so I have to run miles without a drop of water. That's why you eat plentiful early morning boys.

Sleepy187.
  • Sleepy187.

Infamous

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 17:46)

You've been reported.
Don't feel like starting a war here.

Antagonista
  • Antagonista

Back In Business™

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial)
Why are people masturbating over this?
It's a f*cking month.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

I love Ramadan. inlove.gif Especially when the whole family is around for the well-deserved meal.
And please stop being so pessimistic about it, it's just an event. Besides, it's fun actually, at least in muslim countries.

The Armageddon
  • The Armageddon

Zohair Irani

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

I am not gonna fast everyday, but yeah, on some special days I will. smile.gif
Looking forward to it.
(btw Ramadan has already started here in India.)

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 18:50)
QUOTE (theomenofficial)
Why are people masturbating over this?
It's a f*cking month.

f*ck off, you replaced game with month.
I posted that in the GTA V Gameplay Announcement topic and you changed it. icon13.gif

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

So you're only allowed to eat at certain times of the day right? How do you guys manage?

Sleepy187.
  • Sleepy187.

Infamous

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

I can't help but start writing a wall of text to atheists and religious elitists.

Why the f*ck can't some of you be respectful to each other? I look at people like Lightning Strike and I immediately get disgusted by this sh*t. If you don't like our religion or any other religion then stay the f*ck out of a topic that's discussing it, don't come in here and start insulting because you're proving nothing with your sh*tty posts. You're an atheist and believe that science can do everything for you? Great, now f*ck off and respect other people if you want to be respected back.

Same applies to religious elitists c*nts, think you're a great person because you believe in your religion? Great, now f*ck off and respect other people if you want to be respected back.
I seriously don't get some of you, you come on this topic, start to insult us, then complain when we respond back. If you don't like this topic like I said, steer clear the f*ck out of it.
Either come here and wish a happy Ramadan to Muslims or simply f*ck off and don't start a war and act like an internet hero.

I am sick of this sh*t, every time I try to avoid atheists and religious elitists c*nts yet it keeps on coming back at me, I am sick of this sh*t, can't you people live in f*cking peace?

@OchyGTA - We're not allowed to eat from when the sun rises until the sun sets, it's hard the first 2-3 days but then your body gets used to it and it's like eating and drinking but you're not doing it.

Secura
  • Secura

Enigmatic Wanderer.

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 17:48)

You've been reported.

Reported for asking you to keep the pathetic, sadistic and masochistic ritual to yourselves? Yes because we all want to know how you starve yourselves, I swear if this wasn't Islam that was pushing this it'd be f*cking outlawed.

Regardless, I'll leave you and your silly group of misfits to starve yourselves just please do it in silence so the rest of us don't have to take pity upon you and your rather woeful "celebration".

Sleepy187.
  • Sleepy187.

Infamous

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:02 PM Edited by Sleepy187., 08 July 2013 - 06:04 PM.

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 18:01)

You've been reported.

Reported for asking you to keep the pathetic, sadistic and masochistic ritual to yourselves? Yes because we all want to know how you starve yourselves, I swear if this wasn't Islam that was pushing this it'd be f*cking outlawed.

Regardless, I'll leave you and your silly group of misfits to starve yourselves just please do it in silence so the rest of us don't have to take pity upon you and your rather woeful "celebration".

Oh yeah, because we came to your house at gunpoint and told you to enter this thread, f*ck off.

Edit: After reading this post again I can't help but classify anyone who acts like you as a retard for entering this place in the first place.
Really, your purpose is simply to come in here, piss us off and then f*ck off.

Either f*ck off from the first time and don't enter, or come in here and act like a civilized human being.
You atheists are worse than anything in this world at the moment.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Group: Epsilonist

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:02 PM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 08 July 2013 - 06:05 PM.

Inshah Allah! icon14.gif

Please stop being an asshole. Let the Muslims celebrate whatever the f*ck they want to. It's not like they are tying you down and forcing you to f*cking starve.

Thank you. smile.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 19:01)

You've been reported.

I can't believe you're on my respect list. That needs to change.
Please leave the topic. icon14.gif

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 18:00)
@OchyGTA - We're not allowed to eat from when the sun rises until the sun sets, it's hard the first 2-3 days but then your body gets used to it and it's like eating and drinking but you're not doing it.

First of all, I know it's difficult but please ignore those who cannot respect that you have opposing beliefs to them. They must live a shallow and dull life since they refuse to accept other cultures.
Second of all, do you have a normal meal system during the night in that case? i.e. Breakfast when the sun goes down, lunch at midnight and dinner before the sun rises?

DE4TH
  • DE4TH

Go big or go home

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 18:02)

Wow, just wow.

Sleepy187.
  • Sleepy187.

Infamous

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 18:06)

First of all, I know it's difficult but please ignore those who cannot respect that you have opposing beliefs to them. They must live a shallow and dull life since they refuse to accept other cultures.
Second of all, do you have a normal meal system during the night in that case? i.e. Breakfast when the sun goes down, lunch at midnight and dinner before the sun rises?

There are some people who eat before the sunrise so they go on the whole day without eating/drinking.
You basically can organize your meals the way you want. You're not forced to follow a type of "meal system" so to say.
You do exactly as you please.

@DE4TH, maybe my sentence was taken too far, but I can't stand it how Atheists act, leave us in peace and we'll leave you in peace, simple as.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

Tank Hankerous

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 19:02)
QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 18:01)

You've been reported.

Oh yeah, because we came to your house at gunpoint and told you to enter this thread, f*ck off.

Edit: After reading this post again I can't help but classify anyone who acts like you as a retard for entering this place in the first place.
Really, your purpose is simply to come in here, piss us off and then f*ck off.

Either f*ck off from the first time and don't enter, or come in here and act like a civilized human being.

He has the right to give his opinions on the matter just as you have the right to make a topic on it in the first place, if you don't like his opinion too bad, going by your logic you don't have the right to get upset over his comments.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 19:06)

I have the calendar. Basically in the first fast (the longest one), you have to wake up and finish eating before 2:51AM and then you can't eat or drink ANYTHING until 21:29PM.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Group: Epsilonist

• Members

QUOTE (DE4TH @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 23:37)
QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 18:02)

Wow, just wow.

He's partially right though. At least the ones in this particular topic are showing off their grade A douchebaggery.

The Armageddon
  • The Armageddon

Zohair Irani

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 01:06)

During our days of Fast, we have to break our fast at sunset and have snacks . THen we have dinner as usual. The only change is that we wake up at midnight and have some more snacks/food so that it can give us the energy to work full day.(at least thats the schedule we have been following here.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users