Photo

Strength Skill or any skill

30 replies to this topic
mbunleashed09
  • mbunleashed09

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:42 AM

How else can you improve the strength skill. Working out is the only option. Maybe they'll have us workout, but not get buff. Maybe they'll just have us get toned instead of getting bigger. If there is working out I hope the limit will be changed

EX

I'm working out with Franklin, then he sais he had enough for the day. Yet, I keep going, I go to a mission and start shooting. When Frank shoots his aim is swaying, when he runs gets out of breath quicker but runs fast. He beats up a guy quicker, but his health is lower. What I'm saying is, the player gets fatigue, but he's stronger in some skills.

EX for Getting body tone

I take Franklin to the gym regularly and never get fatigued. He doesn't get bigger but his body gets toned, veins are sticking out the arms, six pack is more visible. Trevor works out regularly but since his body is fatigued on drugs. Veins pop out and his body just looks tight rather the ripped. When Michael gets there his body is tight but no veins or anything. No six packs, no nuthin, he just looks tight like a white Mark Henry.....HAHAHAHAHA

Anyways how do you think will be able to improve the strength skill or any skill

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

Ooooh, yes, I really like the idea of being fatigued and it actually affecting you if you go straight into a mission after working out.

badass nyuka
  • badass nyuka

Why did I move here? Guess it was the weather...

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (mbunleashed09 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 03:42)
How else can you improve the strength skill. Working out is the only option. Maybe they'll have us workout, but not get buff. Maybe they'll just have us get toned instead of getting bigger. If there is working out I hope the limit will be changed

EX

I'm working out with Franklin, then he sais he had enough for the day. Yet, I keep going, I go to a mission and start shooting. When Frank shoots his aim is swaying, when he runs gets out of breath quicker but runs fast. He beats up a guy quicker, but his health is lower. What I'm saying is, the player gets fatigue, but he's stronger in some skills.

EX for Getting body tone

I take Franklin to the gym regularly and never get fatigued. He doesn't get bigger but his body gets toned, veins are sticking out the arms, six pack is more visible. Trevor works out regularly but since his body is fatigued on drugs. Veins pop out and his body just looks tight rather the ripped. When Michael gets there his body is tight but no veins or anything. No six packs, no nuthin, he just looks tight like a white Mark Henry.....HAHAHAHAHA

Anyways how do you think will be able to improve the strength skill or any skill

Say you do yoga..... If you climb a rope as micheal he climbs quicker or if you work out as Franklin he does more damage Quicker. Or if you run as Trevor he runs fast with less breath...... Is this what you meant?

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:57 AM

That and the more you drive the more your driving skill increases. More you fly the more flying skill increases. I thought everyone knew about that already.

DanieljJ
  • DanieljJ

Supersonic Bassman

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE (AuSsIeThUnDeR36 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 20:57)
That and the more you drive the more your driving skill increases. More you fly the more flying skill increases. I thought everyone knew about that already.

/thread

mbunleashed09
  • mbunleashed09

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (badass nyuka @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 03:54)
QUOTE (mbunleashed09 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 03:42)

EX

EX for Getting body tone

I take Franklin to the gym regularly and never get fatigued. He doesn't get bigger but his body gets toned, veins are sticking out the arms, six pack is more visible. Trevor works out regularly  but since his body is fatigued on drugs. Veins pop out and his body just looks tight rather the ripped. When Michael gets there his body is tight but no veins or anything. No six packs, no nuthin,  he just looks tight like a white Mark Henry.....HAHAHAHAHA

Say you do yoga..... If you climb a rope as micheal he climbs quicker or if you work out as Franklin he does more damage Quicker. Or if you run as Trevor he runs fast with less breath...... Is this what you meant?

No I meant when he's fatigue he'll run faster but will run out of breath faster

When he's not fatigue he'll faster than normal but not as fast as when he's fatigue. But he wont run out of breath as fast

When you're fatigue you're goin over the limit. That's what I'm sayin

mbunleashed09
  • mbunleashed09

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (DanieljJ @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 03:59)

/thread

What how is that /thread? I was asking about the harder skill like stealth strength speed

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (mbunleashed09 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 00:05)

/thread

What how is that /thread? I was asking about the harder skill like stealth strength speed

Stealth, strength, and speed are skills?

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:12 AM

I'm most excited for the mechanic skill. Not sure why. I guess it's because it proves that the car customization will be amazingly in-depth and the more you do it, the better your cars will be.

@Showstopper, the current list of skills: Stamina, Shooting, Strength, Stealth, Flying, Driving, Mechanic, Lung Capacity and Special.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:13 AM Edited by Killerdude8, 08 July 2013 - 04:17 AM.

QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 22:08)

/thread

Stealth is the only one out of this list confirmed, I will have to go over the list again.
EDIT: strength is also on the list, but speed isn't..

How to level up strength?
Simple.
Fighting.
/thread.

mbunleashed09
  • mbunleashed09

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:13 AM

Lockpicking, repairing? for mechanic

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 04:12)
I'm most excited for the mechanic skill. Not sure why. I guess it's because it proves that the car customization will be amazingly in-depth and the more you do it, the better your cars will be.

Source? I've literally never hear anything about a mechanic skill and I've been following the game quite heavily.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 04:08)

/thread

Uh...yeah!

Monty Mantis
  • Monty Mantis

Resident F*ckin' Professional

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 21:13)
QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 22:08)

/thread

Stealth is the only one out of this list confirmed, I will have to go over the list again.
EDIT: strength is also on the list, but speed isn't..

How to level up strength?
Simple.
Fighting.
/thread.

Wait, when was Stealth taken out?

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (minwager @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 04:13)

Source? I've literally never hear anything about a mechanic skill and I've been following the game quite heavily.

CVG

Fourth bullet-point. Literally all the previews had it.

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 04:19)

CVG

God damn... The sad thing is that I watched CVG's preview and read about 5 others. I guess that one totally slipped past me each time somehow, haha.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

You fight, That's how.
Just like you level up your flying skill by flying.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (minwager @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 04:24)

CVG

God damn... The sad thing is that I watched CVG's preview and read about 5 others. I guess that one totally slipped past me each time somehow, haha.

I know what you mean. When I read brand new previews, I get this sort of glaze, and I scan for every little detail to the point where I miss things. I usually read through twice, as lame as that sounds.

Anyway, most are obvious, but I wanted to speculate on the benefits of the skills:

Shooting: Aim is more accurate, less recoil, faster reloading.
Flying: Easier to control aircrafts.
Driving: Easier to control cars and bikes.
Mechanic: Tune cars to the maximum.
Lung Capacity: Hold breath longer.
Stealth: Move faster when crouched, movements don't make as much noise, use slim jim to break into cars.
Strength: Faster-car jacking, inflict more damage with hands and melee weapons, can carry big weapons (minigun) without limitations.
Stamina: Sprint longer, take more damage.

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 04:34)
QUOTE (minwager @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 04:24)

CVG

I know what you mean. When I read brand new previews, I get this sort of glaze, and I scan for every little detail to the point where I miss things. I usually read through twice, as lame as that sounds.

Anyway, most are obvious, but I wanted to speculate on the benefits of the skills:

Shooting: Aim is more accurate, less recoil, faster reloading.
Flying: Easier to control aircrafts.
Driving: Easier to control cars and bikes.
Mechanic: Tune cars to the maximum.
Lung Capacity: Hold breath longer.
Stealth: Move faster when crouched, movements don't make as much noise, use slim jim to break into cars.
Strength: Faster-car jacking, inflict more damage with hands and melee weapons, can carry big weapons (minigun) without limitations.
Stamina: Sprint longer, take more damage.

lol.gif

WhenBradCalls
  • WhenBradCalls

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 04:31)
You fight, That's how.

Just because you're strong doesn't mean you fight good, so this theory is debatable.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (WhenBradCalls @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 23:03)
You fight, That's how.

Just because you're strong doesn't mean you fight good, so this theory is debatable.

I never said it was logical, It's just how it will work.

WhenBradCalls
  • WhenBradCalls

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 05:04)
You fight, That's how.

Did Rock* confirm this?

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (WhenBradCalls @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 23:05)
You fight, That's how.

Did Rock* confirm this?

No, but the obvious ways of leveling up all your other skills does.
You level up your driving skill as you drive, Your flying skill as you fly, Lung capacity as you swim, etc..

WhenBradCalls
  • WhenBradCalls

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 05:09)
You fight, That's how.

Did Rock* confirm this?

You level up your driving skill as you drive, Your flying skill as you fly, Lung capacity as you swim, etc..

Exactly, so would the obvious for strength not be lifting weights, etc?

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

You fight, That's how.

Did Rock* confirm this?

But there are places to work out in V. It wouldn't make sense to have those and not be able to work out to improve strength.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (minwager @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 23:12)
You fight, That's how.

Did Rock* confirm this?

But there are places to work out in V. It wouldn't make sense to have those and not be able to work out to improve strength.

Is body-building making a come-back? AFAIK, they didn't say anything about when they confirmed all those beloved features returning.

If it was, I suppose weight-lifting is what'll do it, But if not, It is very likely to be fighting.

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 05:16)
You fight, That's how.

Did Rock* confirm this?

Is body-building making a come-back? AFAIK, they didn't say anything about when they confirmed all those beloved features returning.

If it was, I suppose weight-lifting is what'll do it, But if not, It is very likely to be fighting.

They didn't say it, no. I was referring to the gym near the beach area in one of the screenshots.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (minwager @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 23:23)
QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 05:16)
You fight, That's how.

Did Rock* confirm this?

They didn't say it, no. I was referring to the gym near the beach area in one of the screenshots.

Well, Like many establishments in previous games, They may be there, But we probably won't be able to interact with them, Here's hopin though.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:30 AM

Obviously you build strength by exercising. Lifting weights, fighting, swimming and maybe other things. It doesn't have to manipulate the physical features of the characters. Just bring the skills up.

mbunleashed09
  • mbunleashed09

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

YES EXACTLY!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users