Photo

EFLC HAS STOPPED WORKING - HELP

4 replies to this topic
InsertValidUsernameHere
  • InsertValidUsernameHere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

So I just redownloaded and installed GTA EFLC from Steam as I was having some problems. I installed the ASI Loader and the "GTAIV/EFLC SIMPLE NATIVE TRAINER Version 6.5". When I boot up EFLC, I make it past the two Rockstar logos and then this symbol comes up:
user posted image
I have changed compatibility mode Windows XP3 and I run it as administrator but I still get this problem. Does anybody have any suggestions for fixing this?

Міro
  • Міro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

I can't guarantee it, but most probably the scripts / trainer you have are causing this error. I suggest you remove the Asi Loader & Simple Native Trainer and try without them. Also, make sure you're deleting your game settings, in case any data remains from the scripts. Besides, be sure you've got these: Games for Windows Live Update, .NET Framework 3.5 & the Episodes from Liberty City Patch 1.1.2.0. Ultimately, you could try to install xliveless, but it'll move your save files location in My Documents, and will disable online play. Though it can all be reverted by removing the xlive.dll file.

If nothing works, try also this. It's also been suggested that if you have another Internet Explorer installed than Internet Explorer 9, that it won't work. Make sure you have that one installed. Are you using any cracks?

InsertValidUsernameHere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 18:57)
I can't guarantee it, but most probably the scripts / trainer you have are causing this error. I suggest you remove the Asi Loader & Simple Native Trainer and try without them. Also, make sure you're deleting your game settings, in case any data remains from the scripts. Besides, be sure you've got these: Games for Windows Live Update, .NET Framework 3.5 & the Episodes from Liberty City Patch 1.1.2.0. Ultimately, you could try to install xliveless, but it'll move your save files location in My Documents, and will disable online play. Though it can all be reverted by removing the xlive.dll file.

If nothing works, try also this. It's also been suggested that if you have another Internet Explorer installed than Internet Explorer 9, that it won't work. Make sure you have that one installed. Are you using any cracks?

I eventually got it working but now it says I do not have DLC, even though I am playing EFLC

InsertValidUsernameHere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

And NOW I try again and it is back to the same old problem.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

1. Have you manually removed games's installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\) before installing the game again?
  2. Have you tried launching the game in different compatibility modes or as administrator (RMB on games's .exe --> Properties --> Compatibility)?
  3. Have you tried deleting your game's settings file (click here to see how)?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users