pc isn't running normally!

17 replies to this topic
CJ430
  • CJ430

Gangsta' , homie!!!!!!!!

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

angry.gif
hi guys...i recently opened my pc case, got everything out, for cleaning. I replaced the thermal paste on cpu, and gpu, i've put everything back, and when i push the power button, all the fans work, but on my monitor says ,,no video signal". My gpu is good, tested, monitor good, and i have tried to use the onboard graphics ...the same sh*t...pls help

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

Check to make sure the VGA/DVI/HDMI cable coming out of your video card is properly connected and that the video card is properly seated in the PCI or PCI-E slot on the motherboard.

To me, it sounds like you probably fried your video card while cleaning your computer due to some static discharge, but try those and see if they work.

CJ430
  • CJ430

Gangsta' , homie!!!!!!!!

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

my video card is fine, i tested it on my friend's pc... It sit well in it's vga slot... Vga cable is well conected...i tried also the integrated graphics...the same problem

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (CJ430 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 10:10)
my video card is fine, i tested it on my friend's pc... It sit well in it's vga slot... Vga cable is well conected...i tried also the integrated graphics...the same problem

If you're sure the card and the monitor is fine then it has to be the cable. Check the connectors for busted or missing pins. On rare occasions a brake can sometimes occur within the cable itself. Switch it out and see if that is the case.

CJ430
  • CJ430

Gangsta' , homie!!!!!!!!

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (What!? @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 15:43)
QUOTE (CJ430 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 10:10)

If you're sure the card and the monitor is fine then it has to be the cable. Check the connectors for busted or missing pins. On rare occasions a brake can sometimes occur within the cable itself. Switch it out and see if that is the case.

i have tried another vga cable, and is the same problem. What else?

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

Have you checked the ports on your motherboard?

CJ430
  • CJ430

Gangsta' , homie!!!!!!!!

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 16:53)

but, today, in the morning, i was playing Aoe 3, gta 4 etc... After a few hours... I decided to open the case,and clean the dust inside.... And when i had put everything back, nothing... This problem came from nowhere. How can the ports be the problem? I don t know...

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (CJ430 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 17:18)

but, today, in the morning, i was playing Aoe 3, gta 4 etc... After a few hours... I decided to open the case,and clean the dust inside.... And when i had put everything back, nothing... This problem came from nowhere. How can the ports be the problem? I don t know...

The card might not have been seated in the ports correctly, also some dirt or dust may have gotten into the ports blocking contact.

CJ430
  • CJ430

Gangsta' , homie!!!!!!!!

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 17:34)
QUOTE (CJ430 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 17:18)

The card might not have been seated in the ports correctly, also some dirt or dust may have gotten into the ports blocking contact.

dont know what to say, i ve blown the dust away from every spot...

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Got everything out? First guess = short below the mainboard. Moved your cables there to save space/improve airflow? If so check it out.

Alternatively CPU not seated correctly.

Actually a million things. Did you remember to hook up all (!) of the PSU connectors again?

Try those, come back if it doesn't work. Do you have a chance to try other components in other PCs? Like your RAM? Do you have a chassis speaker attached? Is there any beeping?

CJ430
  • CJ430

Gangsta' , homie!!!!!!!!

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 18:31)
Got everything out? First guess = short below the mainboard. Moved your cables there to save space/improve airflow? If so check it out.

Alternatively CPU not seated correctly.

Actually a million things. Did you remember to hook up all (!) of the PSU connectors again?

Try those, come back if it doesn't work. Do you have a chance to try other components in other PCs? Like your RAM? Do you have a chassis speaker attached? Is there any beeping?

yes, i have that kind of speaker, and it isnt beep or something. I have another CPU. The same problem with it. I will check again the wires...

CJ430
  • CJ430

Gangsta' , homie!!!!!!!!

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

ok, i have checked everything... I have replaced the PSU... Is the same problem.....

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

I am assuming the rest of the unit powers on as normal, you just are not getting any video sent out to the monitor, is that correct?
You also said your on board video will not send a video signal nor will your video card? I would try another monitor just to be doubly sure that is the case. If both will not send video, and it isn't the port, the cable, or the monitor then something is wrong on the motherboard.

When you power the machine on does the PC speaker give any sound at all? Generally if the machine won't boot correctly or if there is a hardware issue detected the PC speaker will give a series of beeps indicating what the error is. If you have a higher end motherboard there could also be a diagnostic panel that might show an error code.

If you are hearing some kind of error code, make a note of it and head to the motherboard manufacture's website to see if you can track down what the code means.

Beyond that I'm out of solid ideas for you. Just a lot of guesses and maybes. It's hard to diagnose an issue like this without seeing the hardware. It has to be a misstep somewhere in your cleaning process when you had the PC taken apart. That was the last interaction you had with the components. What did you dust the computer with? Was it compressed air from an air hose? If so how much air pressure did you apply inside the case? If not, then did you use some kind of a liquid? Also if it was compressed air from an air hose, moisture can commonly collect inside compressed air tanks. You could have bridged a circuit with a small water molecule and fried something. Sometimes static discharge from handling a component can do the same thing. (Both of these are fairly rare though, generally water will evaporate before you get everything back together and powered on.)

If you accidentally ran something across one of the boards while cleaning it, then it is possible to break the copper traces on the boards which also leads to failure. As baguvix_wanrltw said you could have a short as well. The Silicon solder that forms small tips on the backside of the motherboard... if any of those are making contact with the case, or a metal connector on a leftover cable from the PSU. This could cause a short that might result in failure of that circuit.

Good luck.

CJ430
  • CJ430

Gangsta' , homie!!!!!!!!

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (What!? @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 16:54)
I am assuming the rest of the unit powers on as normal, you just are not getting any video sent out to the monitor, is that correct?
You also said your on board video will not send a video signal nor will your video card? I would try another monitor just to be doubly sure that is the case. If both will not send video, and it isn't the port, the cable, or the monitor then something is wrong on the motherboard.

When you power the machine on does the PC speaker give any sound at all? Generally if the machine won't boot correctly or if there is a hardware issue detected the PC speaker will give a series of beeps indicating what the error is. If you have a higher end motherboard there could also be a diagnostic panel that might show an error code.

If you are hearing some kind of error code, make a note of it and head to the motherboard manufacture's website to see if you can track down what the code means.

Beyond that I'm out of solid ideas for you. Just a lot of guesses and maybes. It's hard to diagnose an issue like this without seeing the hardware. It has to be a misstep somewhere in your cleaning process when you had the PC taken apart. That was the last interaction you had with the components. What did you dust the computer with? Was it compressed air from an air hose? If so how much air pressure did you apply inside the case? If not, then did you use some kind of a liquid? Also if it was compressed air from an air hose, moisture can commonly collect inside compressed air tanks. You could have bridged a circuit with a small water molecule and fried something. Sometimes static discharge from handling a component can do the same thing. (Both of these are fairly rare though, generally water will evaporate before you get everything back together and powered on.)

If you accidentally ran something across one of the boards while cleaning it, then it is possible to break the copper traces on the boards which also leads to failure. As baguvix_wanrltw said you could have a short as well. The Silicon solder that forms small tips on the backside of the motherboard... if any of those are making contact with the case, or a metal connector on a leftover cable from the PSU. This could cause a short that might result in failure of that circuit.

Good luck.

man, thanks a lot for your answer...i have a mobo speaker...but it isn't beep or something...when i turn the pc on, all the fans are working, it sounds just like normal, but on screen it shows no video signal, and i dont hear any beep from that speaker...

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

What!? also asked you to try another monitor if you haven't yet done so... Preferably a different video cable also.

CJ430
  • CJ430

Gangsta' , homie!!!!!!!!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 19:44)
What!? also asked you to try another monitor if you haven't yet done so... Preferably a different video cable also.

man, i have tried that, but no result...still the same problem. As i said, all the fans are working, but thats all, no sign of life...

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

No signal but everything running is usually a RAM problem, try borrowing some other sticks just to make sure.
If the problem persists then you should re-arrange the cables. A simple wrong placed cable can cause a short-circuit that is stopping the PC to reach boot sequence.

CJ430
  • CJ430

Gangsta' , homie!!!!!!!!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 06:11)
No signal but everything running is usually a RAM problem, try borrowing some other sticks just to make sure.
If the problem persists then you should re-arrange the cables. A simple wrong placed cable can cause a short-circuit that is stopping the PC to reach boot sequence.

i have replaced the ram ,....i have rearranged the wires twice... No result

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users