URGENT!

3 replies to this topic
EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:19 AM

So I just went to Google Chrome and it said something about security and it wouldn't let me go to any page. It said that someone has hacked into my connection or something. So I go to my antivirus, and whatever virus I have has f*cking disabled it! I go look at my PC security issues, and my firewall and windows defender is turned off... I go to turn it on and it says it can't!! I try to download Microsoft Security Essentials and it downloaded but when it went to update the connection failed!! I have no idea what the f*ck is going on right now, the only thing that would work was Mozilla Firefox and it still won't open some pages. Please help me as I have too much sh*t on this computer to lose!!

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

If you think you've been hacked/are being hacked. Simply unplug your internet and then try find a resolve offline, if you have no luck connect back online, change your login password (Or create one) and uh yeah, I dunno, wait for someone else to help you here or google your problem.

Also try booting into safe mode and see if you have the same issues. You tap F8 or something like that when it's starting up.

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Take computer offline. Do not turn off power. Backup data. In the meantime use second PC to change all of your passwords. Use better passwords this time. Use every password only once. Write them down in a text file on an encrypted partition (TrueCrypt etc.) or use one of the "password manager" tools (now with NSA backdoor guarantee!). Consider buying a router with a hardware firewall. Format all partitions on compromised machine. Re-install Windows. Reconnect to internet. Use AV and Firewall. Update regularly. Get mad at Microsoft for still not fixing that damn 0day (or did they now? Probably not). Come back here and kiss my feet.

Fin

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

I went to Safe Mode and successfully got on the internet and downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials, but it wouldn't let me install it since I was running in Safe Mode. So I went back to the normal mode and went and installed it and it then it said it couldn't update. I tried a couple more times and it finally updated and said I had a major virus on my computer and it removed it. I'm running a full scan on my computer right now, and running various cleanups and whatnot. I have too much stuff on here to lose, I'm going to have to get an external hard-drive soon, in case stuff like this ever happens again.

Thanks for all you guys' help. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users